Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? (11797 Views)

How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? / How Did You Cope And Adapt With Work From Home Policy? / How To Handle Work Stress In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by chukkystar(m): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Weeeeeeeeeeed

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by sonofthunder: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2023
DarkLover:

Okay now, our babe😂😂
She travelled early last month btw.

Chai..... Make I go buy Panadol Extra before man go collapse
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by BabaIbo: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
Triangles1:

What's delaying me now is because I don't have enough to rent 3 bedroom, bro, woman wahala too much.

And I get one 3 bedroom apartment somewhere wasting away, the fear of moving there and getting to do everything(I mean chores after the day's business) for myself no allow me move in..

This life ehn!
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Triangles1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
BabaIbo:

And I get one 3 bedroom apartment somewhere wasting away, the fear of moving there and getting to do everything(I mean chores after the day's business) for myself no allow me move in..

This life ehn!

State ?
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by BabaIbo: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
DarkLover:

Okay now, our babe😂😂
She travelled early last month btw.

Did she travel to Norway?
She no too fat and she no too tall, she no short and she no tall, right?

I hope no be my babe you dey talk of so?
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by BabaIbo: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2023
Triangles1:

State ?

I'm unavailable, I don hide my location... cheesy grin😂🤣

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Triangles1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2023
BabaIbo:

I'm unavailable, I don hide my location... cheesy grin😂🤣

LOL
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
There is so much tension in this thread.

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Nectarbaba(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
yuzjet:

You are not in this world to be happy. The earlier you know this, the better. Happiness doesn't pay bills.
This is a sad way to live sha but what do I know?

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Negroid001(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
JOACHINpedro:
How do you deal with work stress esp work you ain't so happy doing?
But the pay is okay for a single person.
I'm on this table and I need input

Sleep bro. Nothing beats sleep.
Go out on random dates with yourself. Treat yourself to any of your cravings.

Life is short abeg.

4 Likes

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by yuzjet(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nectarbaba:
This is a sad way to live sha but what do I know?

Our world is sad, if you take rational look into our realities.

We shouldn't be suffering like this, if our world isn't sad.
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by EBEk101(m): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
Lagos traffic and stress almost shorten my lifespan, working remotely is best as a young adult for this Lag

3 Likes

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Wotowotoman: 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2023
EnglishUsa:
Know distractions please, we need to focus... We are waiting for something at 12:pm

Wetin be ‘know distractions’? You must be a very lazy youth angry
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Easyincome24: 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2023
I have read many comments under this thread. I think for OP to mention "as a single", he meant when you have to do all things yourself like cooking, housekeeping etc. At the same time balancing such with work.

Most people find themselves in a job they don't like but have no option than to take it in order to keep soul and body.

Below are my honest opinion that did help me in time past before stopping salary jobs:

1) Dry clean your clothes: If you can afford it, give the dry cleaning to someone. There are adults who help out in chores like these. They charge very affordable fees. They come to your house, do the laundry and get paid. If you feel like using a professional laundry man, go ahead.

2) Housekeeping: If you are close to young fellows in the area, some could offer to assist you especially on weekends. Cleaning the house could be done twice or more weekly including weekends.

3) Cooking: If you would like to save cost of feeding, it's advisable you cook. If you close late or due to traffic, you can buy food from low budget eatery. Being single doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't be able to enter the kitchen at times to make something sumptuous for your belly. If you have a sister or friend that can help at times, it's not bad.

4) Work-life balance: To ease stress, look forward to weekends, go to nice places like gym, resort centres, cinema etc. You don't need to be rich to do so. Sometimes, taking a stroll from your house could be all. Engaging in games and similar activities too.
Sometimes, I do go to a busy road, and help traffic wardens.

5) Join a voluntary group: There are groups such as climate advocates, lions club, rotary club, HIV/AIDs Group, Cancer Advocates, Sickle Cell Advocates, etc. They don't meet everytime but event created in such groups help your reasoning. It's free to join and exit.

6) Time-off: It's good to take some time off work. Many corporate organisations allow at least 10-15 days annual leave. I was among those who usually converted my leave to good pay as we get rewarded for unused leaves. But when I started getting the pressure of work-life, I started using it effectively. Looked at traveling to places like Coutonou, Ghana, Lome all by road. It was fun and documentation was done on my system. Most times at work, I just reminisce on the trips and looked forward to another.

7) Take a little step to business: While I was in salary jobs, I run a side hussle. Sometimes, if the office couldn't pay as at when due, I care less because of stipends I earn. This keeps me busy, I keep exploring different businesses. I failed in many till I figured out what works for me. Imagine I resigned first before figuring it out, that would have been a total mess. I ensure I skilled up tech wise too combining both online and offline sources of businesses.
If you are able to establish a business, no matter how small it is, you won't even feel bored as your customers will occupy most of those times. Later, you employ able hands to assist when you are off.

Hint: I don't like sharing business tips but someone might need this.

In my area, I have more than 50 POS shops run by individuals. I supply then thermal papers (that one they use for printing). Initially, only 5-7 buy as the rest said they already have a supplier. I kept coming to them each time I closed from work and weekends. As they saw the persistent, and the fact that the other supplier did disappoint. They became a regular customer. I opened a WhatsApp group for them where I do post all Fintech related info. And also promo on all my sales. Buy two bundles and get two rolls for free. This one here, is one of the thriving businesses I have done after several failed attempts.

7 Likes

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Simpubozz(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2023
lol except for that part u said “ u not happy doing your job”, I think one of the ways u can manage stress is take your break seriously. Some people get carried away and the forget they have to take a break. Omo if I need to take a one or two cold bottle in my break, I’d will go to one joint to cool off 😆 life no hard
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by extol1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
parkervero:
I'm not happy with my current job. The stress is overwhelming.

I'm in an aggressive mood right now to start looking for another job. My target is December. I must hit my target before then.

May God help me.
Abeg, if you get before me. No forget your guy
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by finallybusy: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
Acquaint yourself with a gym and learn some hobbies. Search for a new job on the side.

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Pacesetter123(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Pls can u help me with 3k to buy some food and cook??
Thanks
Because he said he is happy with his job?
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by iamtardey: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
I go to fela shrine every night
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Nonywendy(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ezedon:
Get a Girlfriend and Thank me later
So the small salary he is receiving wil be slashed 50:50

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Johel(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
DarkLover:
I’m on this table too, the stress is just much. I’m happy with mine a bit tho. My babe just left to Norway & it’s been hell coping without her🥲

So I’d be reading inputs.

Stress dey all jobs, it's called work not relax ..you'll be stressed,just that stress get levels
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by 3RNEST(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
* Increase your income both online/offline
* Get a good/caring GF to save some stress...
* Then reduce your expenses...

Nothing good comes easy. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by luvyaself95(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
In these days which work that is paying your over 100k and you're not happy with it.
Bro whether stressful or distracting just manage still you know the time is right so you can make next move.
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by drimzsmoke(m): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2023
JOACHINpedro:

Masturbate the stress away

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by DonroxyII: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Triangles1:
Single life is the best, even when I marry my wife must have her own apartments.
This one is already divorced before marriage Once it pops e go start insulting Naija women up & down.

Na you go get your own apartment elsewhere ... The Matrimonial home belong to ya wife .... That's where she will raise your kids .... grin

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Pentagon007: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
I am on this table. Mehn the stress of my work is killing. Working as a teacher in an English school in a nearby African country.
Wake up as early as 5:30. School resumes 7:30 and closes 5pm every day. And in addition to that, i also double as a subject teacher in their secondary class section where i am made to teach 5 Subjects in addition to the primary class that i oversee. Then after school dismisses by 5p.m I have private lessons that i attend on different days(Four lessons). Altogether The pay is Ok but the stress can Kill a buffalo.

How do i handle the stress? Just come back from work and head down to buy food. BATH..EAT..WATCH MOVIE on my my phone and SLEEP OFF.

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by Thazard(m): 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:
Nobody is currently doing any job that gives them joy as far as Nigeria is concerned. We are only doing all we can to survive
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by sulaak(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2023
JOACHINpedro:

Go for walks,
Have a sports hobby: running, cycling, team football.

Learn new skills (YouTube has interesting training materials) and get into new professions.

1 Like

Re: As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? by kinlopez: 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
Hiring 🔥

Product Manager 💹

Remote 🌎

Skills: creating user stories, prioritizing features, and owning a product backlog.

Apply: https://remoteday.io/q531199

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money / Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? / The Real Reason Why Employees Aren't Opening Your Emails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.