Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad (43387 Views)

I Have Had 2 Abortions - BBNaija's Phyna Reveals On Twitter, Deletes Tweet Later / Phyna Bbnaija Biography, Age & Net Worth, Ijeoma Josephina Otabor Profile & Inst / How I Disappeared After Naira Marley Gifted Me N1m –jude Chukwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by nlfpmod: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
•Say, ‘ she doesn’t pick our calls any more’

‘I need help, she asked me to stop being a hearse driver, now I am jobless ‘

•No woman should win BBNaija again

•How Phyna reacted to our call

The joy of every parent is to see their children succeed in life and perhaps, take care of them when they are old and helpless. But this is not the situation with Phyna’s parents.

When Phyna won the 2022 BBNaija ‘Level Up’ edition grand prize of N100 million, her parents heaved a heavy sigh of relief, believing that God had finally answered their prayers.

To them, their suffering had come to an end, but unknown to the reality TV star’s parents that it was just the beginning of their woes.

They stormed the BBNaija grand finale venue, radiating with happiness to celebrate with their daughter. They posed for the camera and had a good time with Phyna, while waiting for better days ahead. But unfortunately, it never happened.

The very day Phyna was announced winner of BBNaija season 7, in 2022 was the last time her parents said they set their eyes on her.

She disappeared into thin air as soon as the prize money was handed over to her, and she never returned to her parents to butter their bread.

It, however, became obvious after one year of eloping with her prize money that their daughter had gone her way.

Worse still, is the fact that Phyna neither calls nor answers her parents’ calls since she left the BBNaija house. Yet, she’s seen all over social media, displaying affluence, posh and class.

Narrating his ordeal to our reporter during the week, Phyna’s father, Mr Felix Otabor said what was disturbing him at the moment was not the fact that his daughter refused to return to them after her victory at BBNaija, but that she had asked him to stop being a hearse driver (Somebody who transport the deceased person from the funeral home or mortuary to the final resting place), hoping for the best. But he never knew that his daughter had other plans to suffocate her family, while she enjoys her wealth alone.

Hear him, “I haven’t seen Phyna, my daughter since she won BBNaija ‘Level Up’ edition last year. She hasn’t returned home since then. I don’t know why? I am a professional hearse driver, and when she won the reality TV show, she asked me to do away with all my old cars, promising to change my life. But since then, I haven’t seen her. And I don’t have a car again. Once in a while, the Vice-Chairman of our association will allow me to drive his own car.

I sold all my four cars because at the time , my daughter won the show. I thought that God had finally answered our prayers. I called her on the telephone, and she said God has blessed us. She asked me to do away with all my old cars, or she would give them out to Aboki, any day she returned. So, instead of allowing her to dash out my cars to scavengers, I decided to sell them as scraps and used the proceeds to renovate my house. And that was the beginning of my suffering. I stopped doing my business because I had no car again. And my neighbours thought I was either stingy or pretending as if my daughter just won a N100 million grand prize. I was the Vice-Chairman of our association, but when I couldn’t show up at our station for some time, they replaced me with another person.

From that moment, things started getting tough for me. I am even looking for somebody that will give me a car on hire purchase. I need help, it has come to that point/. I don’t want to die in silence.’

Otobar, who hails from Ekpeon, in Edo State, but resides in Lagos, is the father of four children. He’s an ambulance car driver, whose hope of a better life after his daughter won the BBNaija ‘Level Up’ edition’s grand prize of N100 million was dashed as soon as he was incubating it.

Sadly, the 68-year-old ambulance car driver said Phyna doesn’t answer their calls again. He wondered what they have done wrong to desire this kind of treatment being their first child.

Asked why Phyna was snubbing them, Otabor said he couldn’t explain, adding that he didn’t know his daughter’s whereabouts when he spoke to us during the week. I only see her on Facebook or Instagram whenever she shares new photos on these platforms,” he added.

Meanwhile, when our reporter contacted Phyna on the telephone, at first she didn’t answer her calls. Instead, she sent a text message that she was busy on-site shooting! Later, she returned the calls but it was almost like a quarrel. And when a question was posed to her she immediately dropped the call and never picked it up again.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/bbnaija-my-daughter-disappeared-after-winning-n100-million-phynas-father-cries-out/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by TemplarLandry: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Wujio: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2023
Women and freedom sha

If you wont perforn, you would have let the man be. If things turn sour tomorrow, these are the people you'd return to.

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Solofresh2: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
Her parents for that matter. Nawa oo
No empathy on her own parents

202 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/bbnaija-my-daughter-disappeared-after-winning-n100-million-phynas-father-cries-out/
Prodigal Dawta! Need to take Data of ur children again Sir
Don't worry there is rise in inflation & economic hardship , N100M small, she go soon spend finish & be back home, ask ABOUT EFE, He is Home already, driving 2017 Kia SORENTO may be next will be Santa FÉ

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by obinna58(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
:Don’t

1 Like

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by obinna58(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Creamypie(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hmm. Girls from broke homes are always one kind. 100m na the whole world to her.her papa is also very daft. Y not plan to expand your business with what you were expecting

161 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by theysg: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Lost in the world.
Mama wey like money, it is too early to start making noise. Let the girl mind rest first nah.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by benuejosh: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Eyaah. This is terrible.

A case of money miss road for her.

Is she ashamed of her family? Nobody does that. Our prayer every day is to get the good of this life and support home and take care of our parents in their old age. But with just this small blessing from God and she has done this to her father?

Omoh! Bible know why e say children HONOUR your Father and Mother.

If it turns back on her, her poverty level will be as white as snow.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by theophorus(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Gender wen dey get mood swings tell you make you sell your source of livelihood, you self carry am go sell.

Case of person wen see sign say rain wan fall, come throway water wen remain for house but rain no gree fall again.

Well, to the Pikin wen no help her people when she blow, make she no forget say this Life na turn by turn and he go reach everybody so if you get sense do good so that good go reach you.

Abeg, make I carry my matter comot joor, ordinary 10M I never get.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by markkuss: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Bbbhh
Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by kokoA(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
She could be struggling financially no one knows. Fake life to much for entertainment industry.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by MrGreenMavro: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
grin
Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by ecolime(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
"I sold all my four cars because at the time , my daughter won the show. I thought that God had finally answered our prayers. I called her on the telephone, and she said God has blessed us. She asked me to do away with all my old cars, or she would give them out to Aboki, any day she returned. So, instead of allowing her to dash out my cars to scavengers, I decided to sell them as scraps and used the proceeds to renovate my house."

Papa, you are old but not wise.

As a man, never you lose your income generating capacity for any reason. Not even for your wife or children.

The father of Mikel Obi is also a transporter. He never left his personal business because his son became a Billionaire. Rather, the son helped him add extra vehicles to his fleet.

Ordinary N100M ($100,000) you go lose guard. Money wey fit finish in 1 year if additional money is not coming in.

Men, never put yourself in a vulnerable position. Don't financially be at the mercy of anyone.

205 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by brandmix: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
undecidedWaiting I go come do now

1 Like

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Kelvinofficial: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
Most people can’t handle freedom. Even humanity cannot be trusted with its own freedom!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by GOFRONT(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
A wasted girlchild.

This Phyna girl gats learn some lessons from Nancy Isime how to treat papa.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by MEGAWATCH: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
FEAR WOMAN NO BE ME TALK AM.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Rita33(f): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
Life happened
Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by owiko(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
Money, the revealer of the real stuff everyone is made of, either good or bad!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by Kukutente23: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2023
This is some funny shite
Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by NaijaCover(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hmmmmmm

Is Still Surprised

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by millionboi2: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2023
Women and power and money

6 Likes

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by chronique(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2023
Wow. I thought the story of prodigal children only ended in the Bible. If she knew she wasn't ready to take care of her parents, she should at least have allowed the man to continue managing what he was getting by with, all along.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by mozona(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2023
Is on usual for women to behave like this, hers is a rare case.

Am not saying men don't help the family ooh, but I think women remember home than the men.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by DonroxyII: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
That's Showbiz for You .... Omo ti Wo nu Aiye(World don carry am Go) grin

A poor being is never supposed to be in Monies Until You Have Maturities...... Money without Maturities dey Lost Brain ...

It happens to Most People especially if its Awoof Monies wey u Never-Ever Hustle for like that ... You go Lost around "Old Monies" Except You have correct People around you.

But If You follow the rope & Hard Routes to Knack Wealth, You will never lost it because the God of wealth would Have Cooked you Finish & Churned You Solid Before landing you the Goldmine.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by greatman247(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
Nah men dey mostly act the way she has acted, women usually have the love of their parents at heart. I never knew this gender also do the same like most men. Im not surprised though, maybe she follows the saying, "What a man can do, a woman can do better"! If true, i go say na real wah for her. I just hope she invest wisely and not squander that money cos in this kind of economy as Nigeria, money is not easy to comeby these days.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by nedekid: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
Her eyes cleared when the money hit her aza. Maybe after agents etc took 40%.
But e bad e bad, she for drop something for her parents and siblings.
May God not give us children that forget their parents.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Felix Otabor: My Daughter Disappeared After Winning ₦100M - Bbnaija Phyna’s Dad by jubrilELsudan: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
MONEY WEY DIS STUPID PHYNA GIRL DON LAVISH ON DRUGS AND BOOZE

WHAT A WASTE OF PRIZE MONEY

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies / Wizkid Now Dating Nathalie Sade, Zambian Vixen [PICS] / Miracle Ikechukwu Visits Manchester United Stadium, Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.