Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers (64045 Views)

Tinubu Declares Panel’s Investigation Against Emefiele Closed / Who Are The Low Grade Workers To Get The ₦‎25,000 Increment? / The Average Low Grade Workers Tinubu Promised #25,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by superCleanworks(m): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2023
Low Grade and High Grade workers.

High grade workers are resistant to the economy hardships because they have no bills to pay and no responsibility to handle.

Only in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by slowice(m): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2023
Ayo25:
Obviously no matter what the govt does some will never be satisfied because agenda must agend.

Govt should just allow the strike at this point jare. Let us all stay at home for at least one week. In the end nothing much would change and we would all go back to our normal lives when hunger wire everybody.

What has the government done?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by slowice(m): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2023
Man is too empty

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by FireUpNow(m): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2023
Very evasive tactics what happens to the poor Nigerians who are not gainfully employed? What is the percentage of those on low wages and who are they? What do you call low wages and which sector are they working in?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by newoffer: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2023
When he started sharing rice I knew nothing new is coming. Go and look for your own way cos these guys got nothing for us.
b0rn2fuck:
Baba dey fear strike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Odss11: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2023
Don't get it twisted....its additional 25k not increase in minimum wage.

Lots of questions...
What happens to the chunk of the non-employed populace.
What's the incentive for mid level worked.
Just for 6months...
Loads of promises...its unfortunate we hardly see its manifestation!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by stasius: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2023
Imagine nonsense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Saidfx(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2023
Nteogwuija:
CNG conversion kits? Maybe the CNG gas is different from the one that's also increased in price.

I thought they said he was increasing the minimum wage. So the increase is more like a palliative for six months. Nice!

They'd add this to his "numerous" achievements.

Yes.
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Fearyourcreator: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2023
Saao:
The workers are less than 10% of Nigeria population, what happened to the 90% population of Nigeria? What happened to private workers, cleaners, security guards, jobless and unemployed people around? Sometimes I wonder what is really wrong with our leaders
Nobody go dash una money ,,, lazy people

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Lovenorth: 7:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by livenija: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2023
Dennisochampa:
Hoebedients will not like this news....
They never like anything tinubu does no matter how good it is.
One thing I Sha know is that hoebi will never rule this country.
Let's join hands to make Nigeria great again.
It's been a difficult first few months of tinubu tenure I know but even the road to heaven is narrow and not easy at all.
With joint efforts and support for the sitting president, 9ja will be on its way to greatness again.
u are a fool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by israelmao(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Tinubu says he is encouraging production but some of multinational companies which have operated for years in Nigeria have taken their exits on the account of harsh economic policies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by jaxxy(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Lamba... from where? Borrowing money to push propaganda induced unrealistic policies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Okoroawusa: 7:32am On Oct 01, 2023
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Fearyourcreator: 7:32am On Oct 01, 2023
chanceux:
Make it make sense for me...

Why not just review the min wage to a sustainable threshold considering the inflation and tax Nigerians are experiencing.

Secondly, who are these "low grade" workers as defined by the income? What happens after the 6months?

How many people are even earning salaries, not to mention benefiting from an additional 25k? Why not create jobs in manufacturing industries which is the easiest area to create jobs for low skilled workers and reduce the over 50% unemployment rate.

I feel these guys just put out random policies because it sounds right in their mouth without a plan.
In the next 6 months, they'll come out to claim they've spent "billions" providing financial aid to "poor Nigerians" yet we don't know a single person that received this money neither did we receive it ourselves just like their cash transfer project.

Which job government wan create... I no understand... check ministries for job na ... individuals building hotels and bars ... many not going into manufacturing

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Lanretoye(m): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2023
PigKILLERpromax:
AT

1000 a liter of Diesel
700 a liter of PMS
Rising inflation and worsening economy

I used to think, you were an avid Osibanjo, supporter. Why the sudden switch to supporting the man that smashed your candidate? Does it mean, you guys are all available for the highest bidder?

Dignity is lost...so sad
get your stupidity away,pms is 580 here.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Dennisochampa: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2023
livenija:
u are a fool
... Thanks
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by bareal(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2023
Wisereborn:
How many Nigerians are employed

Since the time you became president, how many people you don employ

Keep the inflation up undecided yeye people. Mtcheeeeew

Na statistics we go chop?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by otokx(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Nigeria and the endless drama.
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Minime10(f): 7:36am On Oct 01, 2023
Nigerians are docile set of humans on Earth, always and all times readily to be decieve by their political leaders, speaking vain words of deciets & political barefaced lies🤓
Very empty recorded speech as usaul.
15 minutes of uninspiring rythorics, without addressing the core issues that is ailing the Nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by victorazyvictor(m): 7:36am On Oct 01, 2023
We can't trust Robbin Hood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by nkemjacob2(m): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2023
Agbadorians will b smiling. If i could guess
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by ScrapMetals: 7:39am On Oct 01, 2023
Loveky
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by DDYLO: 7:39am On Oct 01, 2023
Generality of Nigerians have lost their trust and confidence in the government. With all these sufferings, only to hear 25,000 naira to low grade workers leaving out the majority of the population most of which are the youths with nothing? Is the addition not preempting labor? What are the provisions for the retirees and unemployed etc. ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by LEGALSER: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2023
TheRareGem1:

https://dailytrust.com/nigeria-63-akpabio-abbas-barau-others-urge-nigerians-not-to-despair/

This is total rubbish. Tinubu never addressed any issues neither was there any hope for the common man. What is 25k for Low paid civil servants? How about the living condition of other Nigerians? He never addressed any issues as a President and it’s really sad.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by rolams(m): 7:40am On Oct 01, 2023
Hmmm!

What about the unemployed?

What about the remaining civil servants?

What about the private sector workers?

What about the small business owners?

What about ordinary Nigerians?

Those with the additional 25k will be returned to their factory settings after the period elapsed. This will make life more difficult for them. This development is not sustainable!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 7:40am On Oct 01, 2023
The only reasonable thing he said in the whole broadcast
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by bigdammyj: 7:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by maasoap(m): 7:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Ayo25:
Obviously no matter what the govt does some will never be satisfied because agenda must agend.

This broadcast was nothing but mediocre, it lacked substance.

Govt should just allow the strike at this point jare. Let us all stay at home for at least one week. In the end nothing much would change and we would all go back to our normal lives when hunger wire everybody.
This strike will affect me just as it will affect everyone. Two, I know that strike is about workers fighting for themselves only but I get it. And the strike will come to an end when the workers say it comes to end, I hope Tinubu knows what he is doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by famology(m): 7:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by BreconHills(m): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2023
Saao:
The workers are less than 10% of Nigeria population, what happened to the 90% population of Nigeria? What happened to private workers, cleaners, security guards, jobless and unemployed people around? Sometimes I wonder what is really wrong with our leaders

I share your exasperation with where Nigeria finds itself. We should not be where we are. But having said that there is a role for private sector employers and they need to be creative. In the school my wife owns - from spetember salaries we've kept fee increases down to 10-15% and increased salaries by a minimum of 10%. We've basically given away our fee increases. Now in addition we have opened up Co curricular activities to our teachers and reduced external facility. A teacher now has three lines of earnings - salary, co curricular and lesson. With these we've been able to on average add 20- 40k to staff salaries every month. How will we pay for this? With better cash management. Negotiating better interest rates on placements and entering the bank and financial institutions overnight lending market.

It's not rocket science. The problem is that many employees use the FGN as straw men - passing on the blame while underperforming on asset management.

If we take care of private sector workers at least we can expect some positive run off to traders, tailors, shoe repairers and sellers of domestic goods.

It's unfortunate that we are so polar as to see the government as having sole responsibility to manage the challenges of the economy. Yes the buck ends on their table but any business that does not understand economic mutuality will soon find itself out of business

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Faposky95: 7:43am On Oct 01, 2023
DeAdvokate:
For 6 months? After then what happens?

6 times #25000 is #150000
You have reduced the economy that it can't conveniently feed family of 3 balanced meals for the six month.....
No dey whind us.
Many people.never see their salary as you dey talk .....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Like A Dot In A Circle, Has Nowhere To Go - PMB / See The Silly Mistake A Foreign Newspaper Made About President Buhari. Photo / APC Woman Leader In Lagos West Allegedly Caught With Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.