Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers (64012 Views)

Tinubu Declares Panel’s Investigation Against Emefiele Closed / Who Are The Low Grade Workers To Get The ₦‎25,000 Increment? / The Average Low Grade Workers Tinubu Promised #25,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by TheRareGem1(f): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said that for the next six months, an average low-grade worker shall receive an additional N25,000 per month.
The president said this in his nationwide broadcast as part of the programme of events marking Nigeria’s 63rd Independence anniversary celebration.

“Based on our talks with labour, business and other stakeholders, we are introducing a provisional wage increment to enhance the federal minimum wage without causing undue inflation. For the next six months, the average low-grade worker shall receive an additional N25,000 per month,” he announced, while outlining measures being taken to relieve the stress on families and households after the removal of fuel subsidy and unification of exchange rates.

President Tinubu said his government was doing all it could to ease the load, stating, “We have embarked on several public sector reforms to stabilise the economy, direct fiscal and monetary policy to fight inflation, encourage production, ensure the security of lives and property and lend more support to the poor and the vulnerable.”

The president said THAT commencing this month, the social safety net was being extended through the expansion of cash transfer programmes to an additional 15 million vulnerable households.

He added that the government had set up an Infrastructure Support Fund for states to invest in critical areas to ensure better grassroots development, stressing, “States have already received funds to provide relief packages against the impact of rising food and other prices.”

President Tinubu said the government had also opened a new chapter in public transportation through the deployment of cheaper, safer Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses across the country, adding that “These buses will operate at a fraction of current fuel prices, positively affecting transport fares.

New CNG conversion kits will start coming in very soon as all hands are on deck to fast track the usually lengthy procurement process. We are also setting up training facilities and workshops across the country to train and provide new opportunities for transport operators and entrepreneurs. This is a groundbreaking moment where, as a country, we embrace more efficient means to power our economy. In making this change, we also make history.”

The president said his administration was providing investment funding for enterprises with great potential to boost employment and urban incomes.

He added that the government was equally “increasing investment in micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.”

President Tinubu, who restated the reasons behind the ongoing reforms in the country, appealed for more understanding from citizens.

He said, “I said bold reforms were necessary to place our nation on the path of prosperity and growth. On that occasion, I announced the end of the fuel subsidy.

“I am attuned to the hardships that have come. I have a heart that feels and eyes that see. I wish to explain to you why we must endure this trying moment. Those who sought to perpetuate the fuel subsidy and broken foreign exchange policies are people who would build their family mansion in the middle of a swamp. I am different. I am not a man to erect our national home on a foundation of mud. To endure, our home must be constructed on safe and pleasant ground.

Reforms may be painful, but it is what greatness and the future require. We now carry the cost of reaching a future Nigeria where the abundance and fruits of the nation are fairly shared among all, not hoarded by a select and greedy few; a Nigeria where hunger, poverty and hardship are pushed into the shadows of an ever fading past.

“There is no joy in seeing the people of this nation shoulder burdens that should have been shed years ago. I wish today’s difficulties did not exist. But we must endure if we are to reach the good side of our future.”

On his pledge of a thorough housecleaning of the den of malfeasance the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had become, President Tinubu said, “That housecleaning is well underway. A new leadership for the Central Bank has been constituted.”

He added that his special investigator would soon present his findings on past lapses and how to prevent similar reoccurrences, stressing, “Henceforth, monetary policy shall be for the benefit of all and not the exclusive province of the powerful and wealthy.”

The president, who said his administration shall always accord the highest priority to the safety of the people, stated that inter-service collaboration and intelligence sharing had been enhanced.

He said service chiefs had been tasked with the vital responsibility of rebuilding the capacities of our security services.

Tinubu also commended security forces for their gallantry.

The president congratulated the National Assembly for its role in the quick take-off of his administration through the performance of its constitutional duties of confirmation and oversight and the judiciary as a pillar of democracy and fairness.

He also thanked members of civil society organisations and labour unions for their dedication to Nigeria’s democracy, saying, “We may not always agree, but I value your advice and recommendations. You are my brothers and sisters and you have my due respect.”

https://dailytrust.com/nigeria-63-akpabio-abbas-barau-others-urge-nigerians-not-to-despair/

55 Likes 13 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by PigKILLERpromax: 7:01am On Oct 01, 2023
AT

1000 a liter of Diesel
700 a liter of PMS
Rising inflation and worsening economy

THE INCREMENT IS USELESS, BECAUSE THE CURRENCY IS WEAK.

I used to think, you were an avid Osibanjo, supporter. Why the sudden switch to supporting the man that smashed your candidate? Does it mean, you guys are all available for the highest bidder?

Dignity is lost...so sad

310 Likes 23 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Lol

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by DEXTROVERT: 7:07am On Oct 01, 2023
Lol

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Saao(m): 7:08am On Oct 01, 2023
The workers are less than 10% of Nigeria population, what happened to the 90% population of Nigeria? What happened to private workers, cleaners, security guards, jobless and unemployed people around? Sometimes I wonder what is really wrong with our leaders

586 Likes 61 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Nwodosis(m): 7:09am On Oct 01, 2023
I would have asked the percentage of the Nigerian population that falls into
this category and remembered that Tinubu asked "Na statistics we go chop?".

375 Likes 28 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by chanceux: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2023
Make it make sense for me...

Why not just review the min wage to a sustainable threshold considering the inflation and tax Nigerians are experiencing.

Secondly, who are these "low grade" workers as defined by the income? What happens after the 6months?

How many people are even earning salaries, not to mention benefiting from an additional 25k? Why not create jobs in manufacturing industries which is the easiest area to create jobs for low skilled workers and reduce the over 50% unemployment rate.

I feel these guys just put out random policies because it sounds right in their mouth without a plan.
In the next 6 months, they'll come out to claim they've spent "billions" providing financial aid to "poor Nigerians" yet we don't know a single person that received this money neither did we receive it ourselves just like their cash transfer project.

232 Likes 17 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Wisereborn: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2023
How many Nigerians are employed

Since the time you became president, how many people you don employ

Keep the inflation up undecided yeye people. Mtcheeeeew

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Alchemy528: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2023
Nawa oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Jlow2: 7:13am On Oct 01, 2023
Diesel -1100
Fuel - 600
Dollar -1090
It’s a devils gift, apc is the devil and evil you can see with your eyes, worst than alqaeda and isis terrorists groups.

183 Likes 16 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Mitsurugi(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2023
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Ayo25: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Obviously no matter what the govt does some will never be satisfied because agenda must agend.

Govt should just allow the strike at this point jare. Let us all stay at home for at least one week. In the end nothing much would change and we would all go back to our normal lives when hunger wire everybody.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Ofunaofu: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2023
The Additional #25,000, is it a promise or what

Because what I heard is "declared" not authorized for immediate implementation

We are in for a long ride under agbadonomics and bulabanomics

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by DatNiggaDaz: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2023
The word is "declared" not authorized. This means the Federal & State legislatures will have to legalize it first & pass into law.

Tinubu has created more confusion & problems which he has shifted the burden to others.

The problem with this kind of declaration is that there is no honesty & seriousness behind it...Just a bait for the organized labour to shelve their ideas of a strike. It equates to dishing out lies to a horde of emilokans gathered in a town hall meeting

I don't want to ask where the declared increase of the minimum wage will come from.

Lies, deceit & propaganda will not take the emilokans anywhere

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Baba dey fear strike

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by tishbite42: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Agbadonomics

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Will state governors pay?Nigerians are not asking for pay rise.It is only the federal workers that will benefit.The price of goods should come down.
Inflation is biting hard.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Savedday2: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
This man na fool ooh!

Lol

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by DeAdvokate(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
For 6 months? After then what happens?

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by emorse(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Omo! Baba no send anybody papa o. grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Forest122: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Thank you Mr president

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Tooreda: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Is it for gaari? Watch how low lives batists will appreciate this. Awon were

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
After the next six months nkọ? What of non government workers, what's their plight?

Build the economy and everyone will be fine

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Saao:
The workers are less than 10% of Nigeria population, what happened to the 90% population of Nigeria? What happened to private workers, cleaners, security guards, jobless and unemployed people around? Sometimes I wonder what is really wrong with our leaders
even we that manage our business can no longer runs it again. It shall never be well for all those that voted APC....na walata talk ham

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by adamusuleiman1: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Gbam. That's our President. Subsidy removal starting to yield results.

10 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Menclothing: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Saao:

That’s why it’s private sector the employer and Hr should increase their work benefits

Government can’t determine how much I pay my staff

But have increased their salaries

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Spider20: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Fake news,
Believe this rubbish at your own detriment.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by jobgetter(m): 7:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by Reelmii: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2023
..so na larf i wan larf cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: President Tinubu Declares Additional ₦‎25,000 Pay For Low-Grade Workers by shox(m): 7:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Statement wey government go soon deny 😀😀😀😀😀

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Fashola Smiling Inside The APC Situation Report Room / Photos Of Saraki Receiving The List Of Ministers / Massive Crowd Welcomes Buhari At Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.