Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) (12575 Views)

Life As A Naive Boy (18+) By Daniel Babatunde / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher SEASON 2(by Abayomi Oluwafaith) / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1»(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
77up:
I actually got this thread today and I gladly read all the updates today.

I have put everything on hold to read everything. I must say you write so well bro, God bless you wholeheartedly.

You got a new fan, please keep it coming .

Thank you, sir/ ma.

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Dangerrard:
Frank I really appreciate your updates... your story is amazing and addictive. E be like say Dave auto grace don apply break. Anticipating next update. Kudos man

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by EvidenceOfGrace: 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
This is an eye opening story, keep up the good work.
#saynotofraud

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2023
New update coming up later today.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Shomek(m): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2023
If u guys want to read his post fast update follow him on facebook i have followed him u too need to follow him
search his name "frank the writer

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 4:38am On Nov 01, 2023
Shomek:
If u guys want to read his post fast update follow him on facebook i have followed him u too need to follow him
search his name "frank the writer

Lol...what's your Facebook handle?
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 4:39am On Nov 01, 2023
Episode 16

I couldn’t stay back in the living room to watch the TV, so I went back to the bedroom to pick up my laptop and did nothing but stare at it. I was trauma!zed by what I saw earlier. I couldn’t just focus on anything. My mind kept drifting back to the calabash.

So, these guys are diabolic. Could that be the reason why they have been cashing out and nothing was coming my way? I was so lost in thoughts that I didn’t even notice when Biola came inside to pick something.

“Guy how far, this one you look this way, hope all is well?”

I was startled to hear his voice. “Sorry, what did you say?”

“Did you get blocked by your cl!ent?” or what?

“No, nobody bl0cked me.”

“So, what have you been thinking? You didn’t even notice when I came in?”

“Nothing much.”

"I doubt that, you look worried guy. E dey your face.”

He was right. I was worried. But how do I tell him that? I was confused because of what I saw out there.

“Guy, my clients never paid for months now," I told him, covering up.

“That’s normal, that’s why you need to plus up,” Biola revealed and I was shocked to my bone marrow.

“Ah! Plus up? How?” I acted like I didn’t know what he was saying.

“I’m sure Kola should have explained this one to you.”

“No, he didn’t tell me about it.”

“He’s your guy. Go and meet him. He will explain better to you.”

“Boy, you can tell me, if it’s what I can do, let me know.”

Biola didn’t say anything again. Instead, he walked out of the bedroom, and back to the living room.

Ah, so this is real? Yahoo plus? My God! My heart kept pounding. I’ve never been involved in any diabolical stuff before, and from stories I heard, it never ends well. The repercussions had always been terrible.

I was still lost in thought when Smith called me and out of the worried mood, I forgot to tune my voice like that of a lady before answering him and before I realized it, I had spoken a few words to him. Boom, he got angry and became suspicious. I tried convincing him that the voice he heard earlier was from a movie I was seeing, but he wouldn’t buy my excuse at all.

At that point, I knew I had f*cked up already. There was no way he would believe me. He started ranting, saying he had always suspected that I was a $cammer, but couldn't just figure it out, coupled with the pictures I do send to him.
Smith kept screaming, calling me names; “you wretched $cammer, return my money or I report you to the authorities, blah blah blah.”

I kept telling him I wasn’t a $cammer, and tried all my best to calm him down, but Baba no wan hear anything. He just kept shouting like mumu.

Damn! I was so heartbroken. Smith was the only cl!ent I had hoped on. If he had agreed, or perhaps sent that flight money, my life would have changed for good. But now this, f*ck!
I felt my heart thudding against my ribs. I couldn’t continue the call since he didn’t believe all my lies.

So, I quickly went to the living room and informed Biola. He just laughed and told me to bl0ck the ‘motherf**ker' in his words.
He said I should bl0ck him first on Facebook so that he won’t report my account, which would lead to Facebook bl0cking it.

“See, if you had tied him down, this man won’t doubt anything you tell him.” Biola continued to shock me. I was just speechless, staring at him in awe.

“I don’t think any Whiteman would ever be so stup!d to trust you that much without seeing you in a video call. Besides, he already sent you money the first time and he would want to see your face. Before sending you any funds again," Biola continued.

He went on to say that some of them have thousands of dollars in their account, while some even have millions.

Biola told me a story about his cl!ent who sent him pennies weekly not until the very day he tied him down, that was the day the man gave him access to his bank account. He said he was shocked to see that the man had almost 300k dollars in his account.

“Wow!” I exclaimed.

“You can imagine,” he said.

“So, what did you do?”

He laughed and cleared his throat.

“I wiped everything gradually,” he announced without remorse.

“Jesus! Dude, that’s a lot of money.”

I was going to say: “You’re heartless oo.” But I refrained my tongue before he got flared up.

“Well, you’re just starting. Very soon your mind go dey full full,” he said and giggled.

“Hmmm…”

“Besides, these people have insurance covering them up. They have hope unlike us,” Biola said, trying to justify his acts.

“Bank insurance? When he was the one who willingly gave you his bank details. I’m not sure insurance covers this aspect,” I replied to him.

“Keep speaking grammar. I have told you what you don’t know.”

He left.

I did as he said and quickly bl0cked Smith on Facebook, but mehnn, I really felt bad. So hurt like one suffering from heartbreak. There was no hope of cashing out. The wire wire stuff wasn’t coming through as well. I became restless and I felt like I shouldn’t have indulged in this stuff in the first place.

Gosh, I was having a bad day. I lay on the bed but couldn’t sleep. My heart was heavy as a stone. I decided I’d go out and take one or two bottles of Heineken. Maybe that would help the situation.
Why not call that girl? The second thought that rushed through my head.

I went into the bathroom and had a cool shower. When finally I got dressed, I scrolled through my dials, and found her contact which I saved as “Dublina girl”.

As soon as I rang her, she picked up immediately.

“Hello, Kelvin,” she addressed me by the wrong name I gave her.

“Wasup, are you free?”

“Um, yeah. Anything for your girl?”

We chit-chatted for one minute before I told her that I wanted us to meet at the same location.

“I’ll be there in 25 minutes,” she said.

I could feel she was excited. Why won’t she? When I paid her well the last time.
I buckled my belt and told Biola I was going out and would be back the next morning.
The time was 8:15 when I set out to Dublina Hotel on a mission to meet with the girl without a name, lol.

I boarded a taxi as usual and got there after about a 25-minute drive. I got down and paid the taxi driver. The environment bubbled with loud music and just the moment I looked up, I saw 3 uniformed men coming out from the hotel. “EFCC” was boldly written on the apron they wore. For the sake of non-Nigerians, EFCC stands for Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

You already know what they stand against, right?

I quickly felt my pockets, and at that moment, it was down on me that I had messed up my life. I came out with my working phone which was the iPhone.
What is happening to me today? I never came out with that phone until that unfortunate day.
I quickly turned to walk away from their direction but sadly, they already saw me and one called me immediately. Even if I decided to man up and walk past them, I knew they would still call for my attention. It was something we see every day on the roads.

God! I almost peed on my trousers when I turned to behold the three of them looking mean. Their faces weren’t clear in the dark background. I looked to my left and saw their Hilux packed there with two scapegoats in handcuffs. I was vibrating and couldn’t think of my next move. If only I had Merlin's power.

“Young man, why did you turn away?” asked the first officer.

“Um, nothing.” I stammered.

“What do you have there?” he asked.

“I don’t have anything in me.”

“Let's have your phone.”

My heart skipped a bit on hearing that. I put my hand in my pocket and brought out my old phone. “Here it is,” I handed it to him.

He went through it in a jiffy and then stepped forward. He felt my pockets until he found the iPhone in my back pocket. Gosh! I’m doomed.
You might be wondering if they have the right to go through my phone. Well, this is Nigeria, the uniformed men feel they can always haräss the citizens and go through their phones because of the high rate of cr!me.

“Unlock your phone,” ordered the officer.

At that point, I knew I was finished. Maybe I should have just stayed back and sleep. I watched as the officer scrolled through my phone and then my gallery. I wished the land could open and swallow me. Kola had always warned me not to go out without my working phone, but unfortunately, it was my first time and I didn’t intend to go out with it. Hard luck.

“Oh, no wonder he saw us and wanted to run away,” said the officer as he continued to scroll through my iPhone.

“Take him to the Hilux. He has a lot to explain,” the officer ordered.

I couldn’t talk. I was just dumbfounded. And then my phone rang. I already knew who was calling.

“His girlfriend is calling. Dublina girl,” said the officer jokingly when he glanced at my phone screen.

The other two officers busted in laughter. I felt m0cked and rid!culed.

They led me to the Hilux while my phone continued to ring.

What a day! Smith had b0lcked me earlier and now this.

To be continued..
© Frank The Writer.

5 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 4:39am On Nov 01, 2023
More comments before I continue..

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by nickfrane(m): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2023
Chai. Wahala Wahala
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by nickfrane(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2023
Traffic on here isn’t even encouraging😢
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Dangerrard: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2023
I'm busy right now and yet to read... but seeing a new update already thanks frank... we appreciate your efforts man. More ink to your pen man
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by samjay111: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
[quote author=Mhizzard post=126411213][/quote]with the current condition of the country today , who isn't into fraud , even grown up men in their fourties are Into it
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Shomek(m): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
frankwriter:

Lol...what's your Facebook handle?
my page name is "shomek blog"
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by ThierryJay: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Just seeing this. It's a wonderful eye-opening read.

Pardon my curiosity, the way you accurately detailed the inner workings of the yahoo world almost sounds like an insider job or you got a first-hand yahoo acquaintance spilling the beans (note I'm not judging you at all).

Fire on bro.
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Dangerrard: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Omo see gobe... the auto wey Dave grace take pick, na the same auto e take dey drop. Omo... anticipating nxt update... good one frank
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:36am On Nov 02, 2023
Definition of “from frying pan to fire”
Ndo, you will be fine at last. But what is he gon tell his mom and dad like this, dang.
You're doing well my wonderful OP
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2023
samjay111:
with the current condition of the country today , who isn't into fraud , even grown up men in their fourties are Into it
that's true
yesterday,where i went to you need to see how old people are talk about this forsaking yahoo stuff like they have been into it before.then i concluded inwardly that if this people's children/relative are into it they won't critisise them
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2023
Mhizzard:

that's true
yesterday,where i went to you need to see how old people are talk about this forsaking yahoo stuff like they have been into it before.then i concluded inwardly that if this people's children/relative are into it they won't criticise them
Ngl man, I can never criticise those who are Into Yahoo. Story apart, with what is going on in this hell hole called Nigeria, if those who are into scam think that's what will make them feel comfortable, it's game as long as they didn't kill innocent people just to make that money. Our goddamn president wants to use #5 billion to purchase yatch, yacht oh😒 what are we now saying. One of his ministers is there requesting for billions of naira from the current seating governor in his state, yet we are okay with that.
Leave those boys abeg

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by hotswagg12: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2023
Another masterpiece from @op. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2023
Episode 17

That very night, they also arrested three boys, making it a total of six of us. As they drove by, I kept wondering how this would end. What would I tell my mom and my dad? I was beginning to feel bad for myself. Initially, I had thought I had automatic grace, but not knowing the devil was only setting me up for disäster. Lots of thoughts conflicted in my head.

Calmly seated and cuffed inside the Hilux which looked like a brand new one. The factory nylons were still intact and it got this new car smell. This had to be the most uncomfortable ride in a very long time. I couldn’t even tell where they were driving us to. The atmosphere was just calm. And none of them said anything to us as they drove on the cold tarred road. I guess it should be around 9:00 PM or thereabout.

They had taken my two phones, so there was no way I could detect what time it was. Even my wristwatch wasn’t on me as well. Then, I didn’t know what to expect. I hadn’t been in this kind of situation before all my life. No police case, nothing of such at all. I had zero cr!me records, but today was different. I have only read stories about how the EFCC raids hotels and sometimes clubs and other public places.
Sad to know that all those tales were what I would experience in no time.

After about a 30-minute drive, we went to what looked like their quarter. It was getting real and I felt pressed at that moment. I really wish this wasn’t happening. The Hilux drove into their quarters, made its way from the cross-section at the gate to another section with "Interrogation" boldly written on it, and it finally came to a halt.

"Get down," said one of the officers, who had us queue in a single line. He then took about three shots of us. The background was dark, so he used flash, which glimmered in our faces.

The next thing, they singled me out from the line and led the rest to a separate building while I was made to come inside the interrogation block. My heart kept panting faster. Why only me? Is this how I’m going to end up? Well, I couldn’t cry at the same time. I was just numb.

They took me to an empty room without windows. The only thing I saw there was two seats, a table, and a lamp that freely hung above our heads.

"Sit there," came the commanding, harsh tone from one of the officers.

I sat there with my both hands cuffed. And they all left.

Three hours and counting, I was seated there. My buttock was already itching me and I was tired of sitting. I was just thinking about my life and how bad it went in a few months. The effect of peer pressure.

Finally, they came in looking mean. One of them sat directly opposite me and looked me straight in the eyes for like 10 seconds before averting his eyes.

He then brought out a flat file from dozens of documents and placed one of them before me. And that was how the interrogation process began; from one question to another. They demanded nothing but the truth from me.
Well, I was naïve and scared. I told them I was just starting and hadn’t made any money.
However, they didn’t believe me as they went through my phone.

While they interrogated me, other boys were brought in. So, I was beginning to feel the room was for interrogation.

Let me just go straight to the point and abridge the long process.
The truth is, some of these EFCC officers are actually the biggest $cammers. We were forced to empty our account for the EFCC operatives. Some even have their cars dispossessed by them after collecting cash and their gadgets from them. I guess the unfortunate ones are the ones who get prosecuted for the media effects, just like one stubborn dude among us who refused to dance to their music. They took him out. I bet he will have it hot with them.

Sadly, these people emptied all the money in my accounts and likewise the remaining four boys. Their laptops and phones too. Luckily, they returned my other phone, but I bid my iPhone goodbye. They said they were just going to pity us and save us from the court-ish after they had emptied everything in our bank accounts. At one point, I was thinking if they were the real EFCC or fäke. It was the police that I knew that did all this kind of stuff. I never knew EFC were that c0rrrupt too.

I bet the government is also benefiting from cyber cr!minals because I was sure all these seized funds goes to these officials which includes car and other big gadgets. But if only they showed the same zeal in arresting those c0rrupt politicians too, maybe the country would have been a better place.

Long story short, very early in the morning they dropped the five of us at the major road and asked us to go and sin no more. It was a moment of mixed feelings for me, I must say, because I was happy we were set free and didn’t go further to be prosecuted, and all that court stuff.
But all my money was wiped and my iPhone was gone as well. A memorable day that I wish never happened.

Where do I go from here? I was feeling sick already, my temperature was high and my eyes hurt so badly because we weren’t able to sleep throughout the night.

When they dropped us off, it was around 5:30 a.m. when I checked my other phone. The other guys went their way home; all man on their own feeling sober.
I had to call Kola. I narrated my ordeal to him. He said he would come pick me up in the next few minutes.
Biola had informed him that I said I would be back the next morning like I informed him while I was leaving that night to meet with the nameless girl.

Fifteen minutes later, Kola arrived with his Lexus 350. Biola was with him in the front seat. I hopped in the back seat and he quickly reversed and set off, speeding on the tarred road. The duo didn’t say anything to me and I couldn’t even utter a word as well. Silence accompanied us until he drove back to his apartment.

"I don’t know who she is, but the girl you are meeting with has bad luck," Kola said when he stepped inside the living room where I was seated, speechless with lots of voices saying this and that.

Yahoo is not for everybody. Go back to your uncle. Yet another voice was saying it was time to plus up. What will you tell your people?

Then, Kola went further to say that I f**ked up by going out with my iPhone. Secondly, my problem started after I slept outside. He said the bad luck came from whoever I slept with which led to Smith having issue with me and finding out I wasn’t real. And from there, down to the EFCC issue.

"That girl is not good for you, man. Not all sockets you plug your phone," he said in parables. I wondered why he was putting all the blame on the nameless girl.
Well, what do I know?

"So what next now? I’m so broke now. Everything is gone," I said after minutes of silence.

"Well, you just have to plus up, man. At least to clear your way and all the bad luck you have contaminated these days," I finally heard from the horse's mouth.

Goosebumps here and there.

Plus up me?

Maybe, I will just go home, confess my sins, and be free. I don’t want to commit any ev!l, I had thought in my heart.

"Well, the choice is yours. If you want to go back to the trenches, fine," Kola said as if he heard everything I said in my thoughts.
And that made me more terrified than ever. He stood up and walked inside the bedroom.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

Do you want this story prolonged or come to an end soon?

I'll go with the majority, so drop your comments.

5 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by tahir01(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2023
prolong the story.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by nickfrane(m): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2023
Hard choice. Kudos to you frank

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by lateefykn84(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
Well follow

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by IkeIgboNiile(m): 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
Thanks Frank for this update. This update is fireee

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by nickfrane(m): 8:10am On Nov 04, 2023
Keep it coming.. I Dey with you gidigba

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2023
New episode loading

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Caseywilliams(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
May ur ink neva dry

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2023
Oga Frank, abeg take your time wella. No let anybody rush you 😂😂 Now, this is what I've been fearing, dude is gon plus up too, sadly. His downfall started with the nameless girl truly. As a street Hustler, you gaz dey keep record of how things is going in your life so that will enable you to know who/ when things started falling apart.

May your ink never run dry boss
You're the real GOAT 🐐

4 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Oga Frank, abeg take your time wella. No let anybody rush you 😂😂 Now, this is what I've been fearing, dude is gon plus up too, sadly. His downfall started with the nameless girl truly. As a street Hustler, you gaz dey keep record of how things is going in your life so that will enable you to know who/ when things started falling apart.

May your ink never run dry boss
You're the real GOAT 🐐

Thank, you.
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
Episode 18

Later in the day, Biola came out and asked if I had eaten anything. I told him I hadn’t. I was even surprised at his sudden caring manner. Well, maybe because he knew I was penniless at that moment.

So, we left and got to one popular indomie joint. He then placed orders for both of us. While we waited for the food, Biola asked what I had decided to do with my life.

"Bro, I want to go back to my uncle," I said after a moment of silence.

"Just like that. And start life again? Hmm.."

"What do you have me do then? Obviously, Yahoo is not for me."

"Shiii..," he cautioned me to lower my voice.

He was about to speak when the Aboki served us the hot noodles, so he said we would eat and talk later. He also got soft drinks for us, which we used to flush down the noodles.

As we walked back to Kola's apartment, he began again:

"Dave, why do you want to go back to your uncle? What will you be doing there?"

Silence.

"See, what lies ahead is better than what you just lost. Na you just lose guard carry your phone commot." He added in pidgin English.

"So, are you suggesting that I do rituals because of money?"

"You are the one calling it ritual. Nobody said anything about ritual. Just to clear your bad luck and make your life easier, so your cl!ents wouldn’t be hard to convince," he narrated.

"Bro, my mind is heavy about this one. I don’t know what you are saying."

"Dave, you be juu man. You wan go hide under your uncle, but take my advice, stay in jungle and face life. No retreat, no surrender."

I didn’t say anything and he spoke further.

"Can’t you see the way Kola is balling and enjoying life? He is your guy. He won’t deceive you."

As we strolled, I kept thinking about all the things he was saying. There were so many questions running back and forth in my head.

Biola then said he would soon leave Kola's apartment to rent his apartment and start a business, too. According to him, plusing up would pave the way for me.
I was very confused and didn’t know what next to do.

When we got back to Kola's apartment, I went straight to the bedroom and fell tiredly on the bed, confused and tired of life. Inasmuchas I wanted to go back to my uncle, I still detested poverty and everything that comes with it. Where will I start life again after tasting the good life? I was so, so disturbed.

So, I picked up my phone to pass the time and depress!on. I scrolled to my music app, plugged in my earphones to my ears and Lucky Dube's track filled my head.

I lleft Kola's apartment to go see my father since his apartment wasn’t far from here. I planned to stay there for the weekend and cool off since I had nothing to do with my life anymore. I knew he would probably think I came to see him as usual. Meanwhile, Biola had assisted me with five thousand naira which I used as tfare, and also bought bread which I would give my father.

So, I set off on the hot scorching sun and boarded a taxi intending to pay my dad a surprise visit.

Moments later, I arrived at his rented apartment. First, I noticed people were crowded in the compound from the gate. I could hear noises from inside. What’s happening here today? I said to myself. I noticed the way people were looking at me and that got me even confused.

Surprisingly, when I stepped in, my siblings were the first people I sighted. They were really crying and my heart kept pounding faster.

"Joy, what’s happening here and why are you guys crying?"

She couldn’t speak. Rather she kept sobbing and eventually pointed towards the entrance of my father’s room.

"Yes, so what happened?"

Joy didn’t say anything. Instead, she kept crying. My heart was just pounding faster and faster. What could have happened? I didn’t expect to see them here at all. So, I walked towards the entrance of my father’s apartment, and that was when I overheard my mom’s voice. She was really crying. And that made my heart fly.

I threw my small bag on the floor and ran inside quickly. Lo and behold, my father was lying lifeless inside the room.

"Jesu!" I screamed, and my eyes gradually opened.
What a dream this hot afternoon. I felt my heart and it kept pounding faster. What sort of dream is this? God forb!d. I won’t lose my father, I said. Or could it be because of my sleeping position? Because anytime I sleep on my back facing the ceiling, I would always end up having a bad dream.

I quickly dialed my mom’s number and when she picked up, I told her about the dream. My mum was religious, so she rebuked it and prayed against it.
"The devil is a liar, nothing will happen to him." She prayed. While she was praying, my airtime got exhausted and the phone hung up.

I left the room to the sitting room and this time it was just me in the house. I sat on the sofa. Even though the TV was on, I couldn’t concentrate. I sat there just thinking about my life, asking myself just one question. When will I make it again? Do I have to plus up? What about the repercussions?

But Kola said there were no repercussions since we are not using anybody’s bl00d. The thought was gradually building up in my head and I was giving it a thought. These guys were chopping life and I had nothing on me.

Then, I remembered my guy, Osas. Hope you still remember him. I quickly dialed his number. The dude was happy to hear my voice again. We exchanged pleasantly so well.

"How have you been, my guy? Hope you’ve gotten the latest car in town," he teased me.

"Life is not like that oo," I just laughed.

I went further to tell him about my ordeal at the moment and how I ended up in the EFCC quarter. I also told him what my guys were suggesting, and asked if it was the right decision.

"Dave, you may not believe it, but I plused up too. I was even surprised you were cashing out without plusing up because ordinary Yahoo no longer yields anything. These people are getting wiser and no longer fall prey," he revealed.

Damn, even Osas plus up too, and he never told me.

He then narrated his story, how he went to one wise man in his hometown in Benin. He said if I was interested, I should let him know so he would take me to the place.

"Um, I’m not sure I’m interested though," I said.

Silence.

"How about my uncle?" I said, trying to change the topic of our discussion.

"He's fine," he replied lamely.

"Alright," I hang up.

Two days later, my mind was made up. Yeah, I decided going back to my uncle was, well, not the best option for me. Yes, I needed to make enough money and establish myself like I had planned, after which I would quit and focus on the business must have set up for myself.
The duo of Biola and Kola were glad I braved up and they had decided to take me to Abeokuta in Ogun State where we would meet the spiritual man for cleansing and perfection of good luck aura.

Hope you wish me well.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

Don't be a gh.ost reader.

5 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by lateefykn84(m): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
You plus it at last
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Goldynfavour(f): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2023
I finally left ghost mode. Nice write up, Frank. Kudos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / I Thought It Was Real / Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.