Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) (12608 Views)

Life As A Naive Boy (18+) By Daniel Babatunde / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher SEASON 2(by Abayomi Oluwafaith) / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1»(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2023
frankwriter:

I have been busy lately, but I'll drop another episode today.
oh,okay

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
Mhizzard:

oh,okay

Yeahhh.. Posting right away.
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
Episode 6

That Saturday morning Kola opened my eyes to a lot of things I never knew existed. We really had a long talk and he said I could start with my phone till I get a laptop. He said there were things a laptop could do better than a cell phone.

"Dave, you need to get started. I wish you are here so I can easily show you some tips," He said.

"I might still visit Festac next month, I told him, just to make him feel that I’m interested."

"Okay, so first of all, you will need a working picture," Kola continued.

"Working picture? I don’t get it. How do you mean?."

"You need to look for a white woman’s picture."

"White woman?" I asked, perplexed by his response.

"Yeah, she must have clothed pictures and nak.ed photos," he said.

I was wowed but then he continued. It was on a WhatsApp voice call.

"The picture has to be natural and not edited or filtered like the ones on Instagram. And she must be someone who posts regularly, so you don’t lack new pictures?"

"Oh, Okay, but how am I going to get these pictures?" I asked.

"Dave, chill. I’m coming. Listen to me first."

"Alright," I said.

"The girl must be mature and se.xy and have no tatt0os to show she is responsible to some extent."

I just kept saying, okay and he went on.

"Now, about where to get these pictures, you have a Twitter account, right?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. But I’m not frequent there. I go there once or twice a week," I answered.

"Well, now you’ll be visiting there regularly. I will tell you later how to find white women accounts and then you make your choice."

That was the very last thing he told me before saying he needed to attend to something important, so he hung up.

Man, that was incredible. I had even forgotten I hadn’t eaten anything since morning. It was almost noon and I still felt filled. I already had this hope of making money in no time. I bet I was desperate to be like Kolawole. My goal was to take care of my mom and my younger siblings. I really didn’t like how they were faring at Ketu after the separation from my father. I long promised myself that if I hit it big, first of all, I would change my momma’s life. That woman has really seen 'shege' and deserves to enjoy life before she d!es in struggles and depress!on.

Well, that’s by the way. I just hope the sun shines someday.

Later in the day, I noticed Kola dropped voice notes on my DM. About three of them. None was below 4 minutes. I quickly opened his DM and played the voice notes. My uncle was in the sitting room while I lay on the bed in the bedroom. It was Saturday and he didn’t go to work on Saturdays.

After listening to Kola's voice notes, I was awestruck by the information contained in them. I didn’t hesitate to take the first step, which was getting a white woman's picture on Twitter. I followed his instructions duly, as he instructed me.
Lo and behold, there were several accounts of white women. So, I started making my choice, looking out for the ones that posted regularly without tatto0s, mature and séxy. What again? Okay, nak.ed pictures and clothed ones.

You know how these white women always flaunt their pictures online. They are good at posting pictures of them on und!es and all manner of revealing wears.

I took my time and finally decided to use one Alexandra. Her profile ticked all the required needs. She even posted a striking picture an hour ago. And she had about 900 followers on Twitter. She seemed wealthy too.

I moved on to the next step Kola told me which was creating a faké profile with the pictures on Facebook and some other free dat!ng sites.
I also foll0wed some pages like Dating and Love Pages on Facebook. I also joined a dating Facebook group with over 300k white folks.
Just like Kola had told me, I posted one of the pictures I saved from Twitter on those platforms I joined, advertising myself as a lady who needed true love and a partner.

Two hours later, when I checked my phone, my Facebook was filled with tons of text from different men from different countries. I was wowed. This thing really works like magic, I said to myself.

Some of them were double texting, desperate to get a response from me. At that moment, I felt like a Demigod. I felt on top of the world. I quickly called Kola and informed him of the latest.

"Dave, you have to chill. Don’t get too excited and lose guard. Always remember you are a woman whenever you are replying to them, so don’t mess up."

"Sure I won’t," I answered him.

The next step was getting them engaged which Kola termed the trapping stage. He said that even though the messages were coming in tons, I must take my time to select the right ones.

"You must never be quick to reply to their messages and when you do, give them time before you reply again," he had told me.

He ended the call and I got back to work.

According to Kola, if I reply quickly I would come off as cheap and desperate, making me look like scám. "And replying them fast would make them throw some stup!d questions."
They would want to know if you are truly real. But when they see you reply after an hour or so, they would make use of their time whenever they see you online, because they know you are likely not to reply again in a long while.

Doing this would get them trapped. These were things Kola said in one of those voice notes. He also said I’m likely to meet other fäke users just like me, so I should be very watchful.

Some minutes later, my post was approved in another Dating group, so many comments came in as soon as the admin approved it. And likewise, messages trooped in on my messenger. I couldn’t believe this.
The night was drawing nearer and I had been with my phone all day. I could feel it. My eyes were hurting already. But there was more work to be done.

The next step was the convincing stage. Kola sent me lïnks of other fâke Facebook accounts owned by him and his colleagues. He asked me to send a request that they would accept it. I did as he instructed.
Those accounts accepted my request, and as soon as we became friends, they all liked and commented on my profile pictures and two other posts I made just to make the account look real.

He also asked me to return the favor to those accounts, which I did quickly.
Some of the messages that came in were asking for a video call because I said in that post that I needed love and a partner to settle down.

At last, the major basics were done that night and before I slept, I noticed one white man, a potential client who seemed so interested and seemed real, too. He was already loving my pictures and how engaging I was via conversation. He said he loved how I communicated and my choice of words.

The very night I slept late, but I bet it was worth it.

My life as a yahoo boy has just begun!

To be continued..
©️ Frank The Writer

___

More comments before I continue...

6 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Keep it coming big boss interval

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by IkeIgboNiile(m): 2:08am On Oct 12, 2023
Keep it coming boss. It's getting increasingly interesting cool

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by GuyFawkes7: 3:09am On Oct 12, 2023
Ex- ghost reader had to relinquish his title just to admit that this piece is maddttt.......

3 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Keep it coming boss. It's getting increasingly interesting cool

Yes, boss.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2023
GuyFawkes7:
Ex- ghost reader had to relinquish his title just to admit that this piece is maddttt....
[color=#000099][/color]

You're under arrest for being a ghost reader.

😂😂

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Twelvedemon12(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2023
Fire down

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by GuyFawkes7: 7:13am On Oct 13, 2023
frankwriter:

You're under arrest for being a ghost reader.

😂😂

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2023
Posting Episode 7 right away.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2023
Episode 7

The following day was Sunday and I didn’t go to church because I woke up very late. My uncle had left with the hope that I would come later. It was 8:15 a.m. when I got down from bed to do my morning rituals; brush my teeth and wash my face. I stretched my arms and yawned tiredly. My eyes still hurt from last night.

I could hear sounds from different churches praising and worshipping. Unfortunately, our apartment was surrounded by Pentecostal churches and every Sunday felt like a noise pollut!on each time they began to sing, clap and hit their instruments.
One particular denomination was really good at doing this. If only they knew the havöc they caused with their noise pollut!on every week. I’m sure Lagos has thousands of different churches. It doesn’t matter if the members are ten or twenty in number, that’s immaterial.

I thought of what I would tell my uncle if he came back and found out I didn’t go to church. He wasn’t that much of a religious person, but he never misses church on Sundays and doesn’t like the idea either. Unless one had a tangible reason. If not, you don't stand to miss church on Sundays in his house.

I finally get to pick up my phone to see the latest update from the faké Facebook account I created. The blue app was the first thing I clicked on when I picked up my phone.
Damn! I had about 30 unread messages. The other man who said he loved my choice of words already called me on Messenger, but I wasn’t available. The man was already missing my presence online. I was sure he was obsessed and couldn’t wait to see my message.

I sat down on the sofa in the living room. The rotation of the ceiling fan was the only noise that filled the room. I reached for the TV and turned it on. Sunlight beamed through the windows. I began to open the messages in turns. I replied to some and left some unread.

I would check and scroll through their profile before replying to their texts. Kola told me one trick that would help me figure out faké accounts and when I noticed them in some profile, I didn’t bother replying to their texts.

At intervals, I would reach out to Kola and he would tell me what to reply. He was very active all the time. Each time I texted, it would always double-tick. And seconds later, he would reply. He kept feeding me with the right response to use on them. He reminded me not to reply faster as if I was desperate.

Time was ticking. I was there with my phone typing; replying and texting.

Then came Smith Robertson's text, the man who said he loved my vibe last night.

"Oh, my darling, where have you been? I missed our conversation."

As usual, I tried waiting for some seconds before sending him a text, but he started calling video call. I just left the app and refused to answer. He called again, so I declined and told him. I was in the middle of something. "I'm in the bathroom," I teased him.

He replied quickly.

"Wow, I can only imagine how those figures of yours look without clothes."

This man must be a pervét, I said to myself.

As we texted, I was giving Kola updates. When I told him about Smith's response, he said I should quickly transfer him from Facebook to e-mail. According to him, his kind of person would pay just to see nudës. And moving him from Facebook to e-mail would save us from losing him. Just in case the faké account gets blocked. Facebook usually bäns or blocks suspected accounts. So he configured one e-mail which I used.

Smith Robinson was my potential client. I did as Kola said, even though we continued to chat on Facebook after the e-mail stuff.

Suddenly, I looked at the time on my phone. It seemed as if time flew. A few minutes before 11 in the morning. I knew my uncle would be on his way back. The new parish priest was good at dismissing on time. I quickly turned off my data, swept the rooms, dusted the furniture, went to the kitchen, and washed the dishes.

After that, I went into the bedroom and lay there pretending to be sick, while I patiently waited for him to come in and ask why I wasn’t in the church.
So I got back with Smith and other folks in my DM. Smith was asking too many questions and wanted to do a video call.

There was something Kola usually said, and that was, "One client could change your life." My mind was already on Smith as that one client that could change my life. I was cautious and didn’t want him to give up. I kept giving him reasons why I couldn’t answer via video call. I promised him sooner he would see my face.

Kola then suggested I send him one of those uncläd pictures. I did as he said and the man was very excited.

"Such a huge bréast. I can’t wait to have them on my lips," he replied. And in my mind, I was like, look at this finished man.

"Can you send more?" He demanded.

"No, I can’t. I wasn’t supposed to send that to you. I don't know you too well, yet."

"Oh come on, you know I’m already falling. I like you. You are gorgeous. Damn, pretty damsel." He continued to blab that I should send more. I didn't send anything. And that reminded me of Alexandra. I quickly checked her Twitter account and noticed she tweeted something recently. But this time it was just a random post without pictures.

Sadly, I didn’t even know when my uncle walked into the bedroom because I was so glued to my phone, and the screams from our neighboring churches didn’t help matters.

"Dave, I didn’t see you in church," he said, and I was startled to see him standing there.

I wanted to say I was sick, but I didn’t look like one who was sick. I had wanted to cover myself as soon as I heard his footsteps, but he came so suddenly.

"I will go for the evening Mass," I said instead.

"You will go for evening Mass? He asked sarcastically and I nodded my head.

"Since last night you’ve been on this phone," he complained.

"Yeah, there is one online class I’ve been following lately." I lied.

He didn’t say anything, He just walked past.

Mehn, I was getting so addicted to my phone and I knew it. I hope this doesn’t affect my lesson classes.
I quickly rounded up some chats and turned off my data. It was time to hop inside the kitchen and prepare Sunday meal. Our routine was to cook after church. My uncle used to buy meat, tomatoes, and other ingredients after church.
So, whenever he comes back, we cook. Sometimes he cooked and sometimes I do it myself.

I went to the kitchen and met the ingredients right inside the basin. I washed my hands, brought down a medium pot, and turned on the gas cooker. I wasn’t bad at cooking. But my father was the best, no fluffs.

Later at night when my uncle had gone to bed, I resumed work. I didn’t want him to see me often with my phone anymore since he already noticed my recent addiction.
I was hoping to meet Smith online, but he wasn’t. Kola reminded me we share a different time. He said it might be morning or afternoon in his location. He was right. I recall we shared different times with some countries. Kola said it was another thing I should study, so I wouldn’t mess up.

"Ask him where he's texting from when next he comes online," he texted me.

Kola went on to tell me other formats I could use to bill clients as we proceeded and one of them was "Emergency."

He said I could tell them I had an emergency like I felt sick or needed money to get some treatment. It could also be house rent.

Another tip was allowance. He started by saying that one of his clients pays him $500 every weekend for his upkeep. And he has been paying him for almost 8 months now. I tried converting it into naira in my head.
The figure was mouthwatering, and that was when I realized how the new car came. If only one client could pay him $500 weekly for eight months. And some other clients might have been paying on their own terms.

This money must be made, I assured myself before sleeping that night with the thought that Smith Robinson would be my own savior.

To be continued..
©️ Frank The Writer

If you like what you're reading, Commënt & Sharé
❤❤

5 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
This story literally make me remember when i was into this game.yeah that is true 'a client can changes one's life entirely'

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2023
Mhizzard:
This story literally make me remember when i was into this game.yeah that is true 'a client can changes one's life entirely'

wink I dey look you with one eye
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2023
frankwriter:

wink I dey look you with one eye
i sight you boss.cook the update in bulk

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Candid2022: 12:41am On Oct 15, 2023
Ride on Frank and the readers should note that this piece is not in anyway promoting fraud ❌🚫

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2023
[quote author=Candid2022 post=126408579]Ride on Frank and the readers should note that this piece is not in anyway promoting fraud ❌
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2023
Candid2022:
Ride on Frank and the readers should note that this piece is not in any way promoting fraud ❌🚫

Not at all.

It's not promoting fraud oo

That's not the intention
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Caleb15(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2023
frankwriter:

Not at all.

It's not promoting fraud oo

That's not the intention

Don't apologise, we need strong institutions in our societies and i believe we will get there.

Peace

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
Episode 8

So, gradually I was getting used to the game. I was a fast learner and Kola was a good teacher as well. I began to enjoy staying at home with my phone unlike the other days, I was jobless, doing nothing. I continued my lesson job on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
I was just using it to pass time.

Kola had advised me to quit, but I just couldn’t. What would I even tell my uncle? I didn’t want him and his colleague whose child was already enjoying my tutorial. Quitting the work so suddenly would surely make my uncle suspect some fishy stuff.

Deep down, I was hoping and praying that one of my clients would pay, and once the money comes, I can now decide when to quit and how to go about it. So, in the meantime, Dave, just bömb and do your tutorials.
I learned the 'bömbing' slang from Kola. He would always be like, dude, keep bômbing, your paydays are on the way. "Na who give up, F**k up."

I believed him and I didn’t relent at all. He also showed me how to bömb on YouTübe by commenting with a foreign e-mail on YouTübe videos.

Truth is, some of the comments you see on YoüTube are fakë. Some folks are just looking for client by saying they are commenting from so so country and oftentimes their pictures look alluring, just to draw attention. Though, they are still genuine ones.

There was this particular lady from one of those Facebook groups who was so obsessed with me. She kept chatting with me like a man and later said she was a Lésbian and that she would love to meet me. She said she lived in Canada. I told her I was chatting from Germany.

For every client, you will tell them a different country depending on how you both started and mostly when he or she tells you where they live. She told me her name was Amelia. Her profile looked real and got the rainbow sign on her bio as proof that she is a proud LGB.T member. She was fun to chat with and we literally joked about everything.

Smith and I also continued our conversation. I then set my time to his. Each time he was up, I would be up, and he's from the United States. He told me how his marriage packed up. He also told me he has a daughter who moved with his ex-wife in New York.

Smith always sounded emotional. He said he regretted marrying his ex-wife. According to him, the woman was a bully and so toxïc that they continually argued and fîght until he called it a quit. His daughter is just six years old. He said he’s been looking for true love thereafter.

"I want to give love another chance," he had told me.

We also did voice calls because I told him my camera was bad for the moment and no room for a video call. I got American and British access, as I said earlier, from the secondary school I went to, and I listened to foreign music as well. So, I always talked like a lady and he loved my voice. He never suspected because I tunned my voice so well, like that of a lady.
Before the voice call, I'd always be in a quiet background, mostly in the bedroom. He called me sweet names and I reciprocated.

My contact was also growing with boys who are into the game, all through Kola. The purpose was to drop updates for each other. We even have a group chat where update flows and also for security reasons, should in case the uniform men were reading a particular street, you would get informed from the group, so you don’t pass through that route and get caught. It was mainly for them because I lived quite far from Kola and his boys.

Did I forget to say that I stopped going out with my smartphone? Yes, I did. I only went out with my smaller phone. I kept the other one each time I stepped out, especially while I was heading for the lesson. I didn’t want to take chances because of the way Nigerian policemen härass and search young boys on the road. Imagine being caught when you are yet to cash out!

Kola was using his boutique to disguise himself as a businessman whereas his major source of income was Yahoo. He said once I picked money that I should look for one business and open it. Create an ID card and do the necessary business stuff and use it to frame up while still chasing the bag. He said that way, the police wouldn’t easily see me as a Yahoo boy.

He also drives about with his business cards in case the uniform men ask for his source of income or something similar, he would find something to present.
Well, I will wait to cash out first before any business idea.

One month passed and I didn’t cash out. After several b0mbing and sleepless nights, nothing to show up for it. I didn’t get discouraged, I continued. The fifteen thousand naira I got from the lesson job was used to buy data.

All this while, my uncle didn't know about my indulgence. He believed that I told him about the online class.

Kola encouraged me not to give up and that someday 'maga' must pay. I believed him. I had always believed that nothing good comes so easily. I didn’t want to bill Smith yet. Kola said I should let our relationship foster first, before any other thing. I agreed. I often entertained him with some pictures of Alexandra.
Her pictures weren't the only ones I was using for the game.

For the clïents I met on YöuTube, I used different pictures I also got from Twitter. But Alexandra was more regular in posting her pictures.
The woman was so fine. Smith was dy!ng to meet me because of her shape and endowed body. I kept promising him that I would visit his city once I rounded up with my Master's degree in Canada.

I was so skeptical to ask him for money. I was in my second month in the game and the following month would be the last month for the lesson job, which means after that I would remain jobless again. I was desperate to cash out.
Kola suggested an idea to me, which I followed duly to see if Smith would succumb.

The following day, I didn’t open Smith's message. We had bonded so well that we couldn’t go a day without long hours of text and sometimes voice calls.
That day, he kept texting, but I ignored him. I also didn’t make any random posts, too.

Two days later I still didn’t reply, he called on messenger severally but I ignored him. Though I was still texting other potential clients, Amelia was inclusive.
Smith was restless. He texted morning, afternoon, and night for those two days, even when he didn’t get any reply.

Finally, on the third day, I replied to him, he asked why I hadn’t been replying, so I told him I was involved in an accident in school.

"What? What really happened? So sorry, honey." Smith texted.

"I already knew you would be worried. That’s why I’m here to inform you," I told him.

"Damn, I’m so sorry. Can you drop your home address? I need to come see you," he texted.

"You don’t have to worry yourself. I’ll get better sooner."

"Oh, I just need to see you. I can travel just to meet you." He insisted.

"I will be fine. I only need to clear the hospital bills but I’ve got my brother here who’s taking care of me." I lied.

"That's so glad to hear. Let me speak with him." He requested.

"Sure, that’s when he returns. He went to get food for me."

"Alright, honey. Just let me know when he’s back. I’m so worried right now. I need to come see you soon."

To be continued..
©️ Frank The Writer

Don't be a gho.st reader.

8 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Twelvedemon12(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
Following
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 12:07am On Oct 16, 2023
Away from The Hustler.

Guys, anticipate my incoming book!!

LITB is Coming…

This month, it’s been ten months since I released “No One Sleeps Forever” one of the best things that happened to me last year.

And before the end of this year, "Laughter In The Broken" will be released. An emotional story that leaves you with a heart full of love and hope.
It’s a typical story of an average home in Nigeria; a broken home filled with family heartaches, and unshakable mother-daughter love where expectations are high and disappointments weigh heavily.

Boluwatife the protagonist portray complex situations children from broken homes go through, which include father-daughter relationship, divorce, grandmother-daughter relationship, dating and love, Lagos life, women striving, and, a dose of adventure in a dramatic, vivid setting in South West Nigeria.

LITB promises to sweep you away until the very last page.

It was quite a process working on this masterpiece and I'm really proud it's on the way.

Coming soon to your doorstep. Don’t miss it!

The release date will be communicated to y’all soon.

"Laughter In The Broken" will be available on Amazon, ebooks, and in print.

LITB is coming..

Anticipate.

❤ 🦅

©Frank The Writer

5 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by MummyIMadeIt: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nice story

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by oloyedprince1(m): 12:28am On Oct 17, 2023
nice story

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by jimmyvic(m): 6:59am On Oct 17, 2023
Nice story OP

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2023
MummyIMadeIt:
Nice story

Thank you
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2023
oloyedprince1:
nice story

Gracias
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2023
jimmyvic:
Nice story OP

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2023
Episode 9

I was actually confused about how to go about the fictional brother I told Smith that went out to get something for me. I contemplated whether to use my normal voice and make it sound thicker.

Usually, when Smith and I talked, I sounded like a lady, but I feared he might find out if I still use my voice as that of my brother. What do I do now?
I quickly reached out to Kola. Dude said I shouldn’t have told him about my brother’s part. He thought for some seconds and asked if any coded guy was leaving in our apartment.

“Yes, but I don’t know if he’s around. I haven’t seen or even spoken with him before,” I replied Kola.

Kola eventually suggested three ideas; one, try speaking as the brother. Two, get someone to play the role and not just anyhow person. Three, If the two options can’t work, see a way to cover up and fabricate more lies, and let him forget about speaking with your brother.

He hung up.

Honestly, the last option was totally out of it. Smith would start suspecting me if I tried to cover up and give him reasons why my brother couldn’t speak with him. So, I desperately walked out of our apartment and stood in the corridor to see if one of these guys I usually see in our apartment was around. I’ve seen about three different faces. Boys in their early 20s.

Smith was still texting. I sent him a voice note, telling him that my brother would be back and he would get to speak with him soon.

I had stayed outside like 30 minutes, but I didn’t see those guys. Today that I needed them, none was available. I was contemplating giving in to the third option from Kola but I felt it would ruin the whole thing.

Fortunately, 10 minutes later, the gate opened and I saw one of those guys walk in. Tall and fair-looking dude. He wore a big white polo and black shorts. I heaved a big sigh of relief. He seemed to be in a hurry from the look of things, so I quickly walked up to him.

“Bro, how far?” I stretched my hands as we shook hands together.

“I dey bro. What’s good?” he said in what sounded like Benin dialect. His intonation sounded like the Benin people of Edo State.

I didn’t waste time before telling him what I needed him to do for me. The good thing was that he was into the game and that made everything perfect. The moment I saw him, I knew he must be in the game too. My instinct never fails. His appearance also said a lot about him. H said his name was Osas and I told him mine too.

“Dave, when you are ready, hit me up.”

“I want it now before my uncle comes back, let me call him.”

I already told Osas what he would say. I showed him our previous chats, so he understood what I was up to. Even before I called Smith, we practiced shortly. I asked him questions as if I was Smith and he answered pretending to be my brother, in a very sweet American asset.
Osas sabi work!

When I opened my messenger, he already dropped messages. I noticed he was online, so I replied immediately. “How is your day going, my darling?”

“My day has been fine, except for the bäd news you shared. I’ve been worried about you, sweetheart.”

“I will be fine, darling. My brother has been doing the needful.”

“Okay. That’s good. Can I talk with him now?”

“Yes, he’s back.” I signaled Osas to get ready.

“Hi dear, I’m Smith. Your sister already told me about you and I’m glad to hear from you. You’re the best brother.”

“Hi Smith. Glad to hear from you too. My sister said so many good things about you. Hope to see you soon,” replied Osas in an American accent. He was perfect like those American movies I watched.

“Sure, we will get to meet someday. I hope she’s responding to treatment,” Smith asked.

“Yes, she is. She’s not badly injured. We’ll leave here as soon as we pay the bills,” replied Osas.

"Alright, I will discuss that with your sister. You didn’t tell me your name," said Smith.

"My bad, forgive my manners. My name is Ben."

"Alright Ben, I will discuss the bills with your sister. Give her the phone.

I took the phone and continued.

"Babe, I’ve missed you online. You haven’t been here for two days. How much is the hospital bill? Can you afford to clear it or do you need money to pay the bills?" He asked.

Osas looked at me, our eyes looked in contact. I was all smiles. Deep down, I was like, finally, this man got to pay. At the same time, I didn’t get overwhelmed. I didn’t want him to see me as needy and broke.

"Um, darling, the bill is not much, but I’ve got lots of bills to clear in school."

"Oh, that’s true. So how much do you need? I need you to leave there so you can have time for me, OK?"

My heart was tudding against my ribs. I just hope this man won’t change his mind.

"Yeah, I’ve missed you here too. I will leave here as soon as we clear the bills." I told him.

"Just tell me how much it is, OK."

“Five thousand Canadian dollars."

“Um, alright. So, how do I send you the money? Bank transfer? I’m not familiar with these banks stuff.”

“That's not a problem, darling. I need to rest up. I will text you the bank details.”

“Alright, love. I miss you.”

“I miss you too.”

That was the end of the call and U couldn’t be happier.
Osas shook my hand excitedly. “I will see you later. Follow him up before he changes his mind oo,” he said and we exchanged contacts before he hurriedly left the compound.

I dialed Kola's line immediately. “Dave, hwfa? What’s the update?”
I told him how everything went. He was glad about the new development and progress. He said he would send me a detailed bank account. He cautioned me not to mess up at this point. “Text him romantically more and make him madly in love.” He advised.

When we ended the call, I went on Google searching how to receive money from the US. Western Uni0n, Bank tran$fer, MoneyGräm, Remitly, and so on popped up in my search engine. I didn’t even understand any of them. Well, Kola had promised to send foreign account details that would receive the money, so I kept my cool and trusted him. It was on a Tuesday, so I wasn’t going to my lesson job.

I continued b0mbing other clients. Some of them just needed a companion and some wanted someone for s3x chat and all manner of frëaky and cräzy sh!t You know how these white folks behave. Amelia stopped texting when I told her I couldn’t video call, and that my phone was faulty. I can’t really tell why she stopped, but I didn’t care. She doesn’t look like one who would pay.
My focus was on money and not any sort of love or LG.TBQ sh!t

Fast forwarding. Kola texted me the bank details later at night. I forwarded it to Smiths and told him it was from my brother because the account had a male name attached to it. I became extra romantic, like Kola had advised after I sent him the details.
That night too, Osas chatted me up on WhatsApp. He asked about the progress and I told him how it's been going with Smith

"Correct guy. I don’t know you’re into this game too. You look so innocent," he said in a voice note, teasing me in his Benin accent. I simply replied with a laughing emoji.

"I still be JJC. I never teey for the game," I added.

"And you're already cashing out. You be bäd boy!" Replied Osas.

Moments later, Smith's message popped up on my screen.

"I sent you the money, baby. Tell your bro to confirm it," Smith. Texted me.

Wow! I felt my heart beating I was so elated. Couldn’t believe this. He sent a receipt in three seconds.

"Thank you so much, darling. You are a sweetheart. I can’t wait to get home."

"Anything for my love. I’ve missed you here badly and I can’t wait to come see you in Canada."

"Sure. Very soon."

I called Kola and he confirmed the money. He showered me with praises. "Your grace na auto," he jokingly said.

Maga finally paid. My first cash out as a Yahoo boy.

To be continued...
©️ Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by GuyFawkes7: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2023
I still remember vividly when my own homie sly me of 8k dos back then 2020......werey say the work done die and I later heard from his friends say the aza nor die say maye pay.......

Any how sha,this work of art dey give me nostalgia..

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Shomek(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2023
frankwriter:

Thank you
hi mr frank i have been wanted to chat with u on ur fb acc but u are not replying me
i want to tell u that i want to repost this your story am going to put ur name

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
Shomek:

hi mr frank i have been wanted to chat with u on ur fb acc but u are not replying me
i want to tell u that i want to repost this your story am going to put ur name

What's your name on Facebook?

I barely open my messenger on my page.

The messages there are always "Hi, Hello"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old / Guess The Author Or The Book / Let's Make A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.