Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) (12582 Views)

Life As A Naive Boy (18+) By Daniel Babatunde / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher SEASON 2(by Abayomi Oluwafaith) / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1»(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Dangerrard: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2023
Yahoo no easy ooo. Nice update

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2023
I knew it. I knew this is where it will end. Truth be told, it's not a good thing for someone who has tasted wealth and good things of life to now go back to square one, it's not easy at all. I hope it won't have a repercussions tho

You're doing wonderfully well Oga Frank, I troway salute oh

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by hotswagg12: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2023
Thanks for the update. You are doing well.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2023
Episode 19

The day Kola and I left Lagos for Abeokuta, we left very early in the morning to beat the usual Lagos traffic. Lagos and traffic are like five and six, so we left around 6:00 a.m., but luckily for us, the traffic to Abeokuta was not ridiculous that Saturday morning.

It was my first time in the city of Abeokuta. The sight along the natural areas through which Kola drove was such a beauty to behold. The trip allowed me to observe the trend of developments along the road. The transition from urban to suburban and down to rural was clearly observed as we embarked on our cool journey.

Kola and Biola sat at the front seat, while I sat relaxed at the back seat like the car owner observing the city as we drove past. I must say, Abeokuta is a very fine city and the governor deserves some accolades.
Well, that was then. I can’t say for now what the city looks like at the moment.

Overall, it was a smooth trip from Lagos down here and it was less than two two-hour journey. Kola had halted at one major street that boomed with markets women and men. He said he was hungry and needed to refill his belly, so he alighted, and bought food for himself, for Biola, and myself as well, before we continued our journey to the said spiritual man for the proper cleansing and ‘ritual' like I had believed.

However, the duo doesn’t buy the word ritual. Kola said the Igbos call it ‘Awele’ which enhances good luck and fortunes in one’s life. He said some businessmen and women in Lagos also do it to make their business boom.

Well, whatever, today is the day I would find out, I said to myself.
I didn’t really get to converse with both of them throughout the trip. They were both having random chats while I admired the city in the back seat.

We soon found ourselves outside the city and down to a village outskirts of the town. And moments later, we arrived at the Baba's house; an old blue-painted bungalow house, surrounded with different flowers and herbs. Outside the house, we saw two clean cars parked there. A navy-colored Avalon and SUV.
Mehnn, those cars really got my attention as we stepped down from Kola’s Lexus 350.

So, we came in and waited outside for the visitors to round up with Baba before we could go in. Kola and Biola stood there sm0king loud while I was busy scrolling through my phone and hoping I wouldn’t regret my decision. I was still b0mbing, keeping in touch with some of my cl!ents, but none were willing to pay. I missed Smith and the sweet conversation we had. That man was such a beautiful soul. Well, na me f*ck up. I wished I hadn't bl0cked him.

After about 25 minutes, we saw two huge men walk out of the room, which I presumed to be the owners of the two cars parked outside. Very tall and huge body structures were like that of Don Jazzy. They had two rows of tatt00s on their arm and looked more like music artists.

When it was finally our turn, Kola took me in and saluted Baba with eulogies in the Yoruba dialect. I was just standing there like a mor0n. Kola went on to explain to Baba why he had brought me before him. He then left the two of us in the room. Biola was still outside, sm0king, I guess.

My eyes caught some weird stuff scattered in the room. Even though the room didn’t smell bad, but the odour almost made me throw up.

“Sit down, my son,” said Baba in Yoruba language.

Thank God I could relate in Yoruba a bit. Though I wasn’t too conversant with the language, but I heard and spoke to some extent.
Baba also sat directly opposite me. He looked like someone in his late 50s. With his pot belly and bald head.

He further explained that what I was about to do wouldn’t involve bl00dshed or kill!ng of animals like other people do, but rather a spiritual process that would cleanse and pave the way for my success and grant me good fortunes, both in business, career and whatever life endeavors I decide to venture into.

He even went ahead to make reference to the popular saying, of giving to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to Him. He went on to say deeper things I didn’t understand in Yoruba.

“What do you want from the Oracle? What do you want the Oracle to do for you?” He demanded that I speak it into existence loud and clear.

“I want my clients to pay and bow to my commitment and command. Let them pay in thousands and in millions. May they not think twice before considering my request and billing,” I paused.

“Any other thing?” He asked.

“No, Baba.” I nodded my head.

“So shall it be, my son.”

“I believe,” I muttered.

“I like you. There is something about your spirit. You’ll succeed.” Baba said, staring into my eyes. I was dumbfounded and didn’t even know what to tell him. He then proceeded to tell me things I would do to make the words of my mouth effective, and things that will defile it as well if care is not taken.

He said mine seems a bit easier, unlike what my colleagues and others are doing to maintain their wealth. Though he never mentioned any of it to me.

“You know nothing good comes easily,” he said.

“Yes, go on,” I said.

“First, I will make a portion for you. This portion will be in a calabash where no intruder will see it,” He said, and I nodded my head in affirmation.

“So, before you tell your cl!ents what you want, you must first speak it into the calabash,” he cautioned. And I was paying rapt attention, even though my heart was beating faster.

“Secondly, to make your fortune work, you must sleep with a woman every week. And you must release your s3men on her and never will you sleep with her again,” He cautioned.

Damn, what kind of rule is this one, I had thought.

When I thought he was done, he continued;

“And that is not all. You will also find a good girlfriend with whom you will use her good fortune to enhance yours and you must take good care of her since she will never make it in life. She must not suffer because nothing good will ever come out of her and whoever she ends up with as her husband.”

Wow.

“Then finally, when the money comes, which must surely come. You will go to parties and public places where you spray and share money with people. Those who have good fortunes among the benefactors would have their good fortunes transferred to you, and you will never go down, and likewise any business you venture into.”

“Hmmm. What about those with bad fortunes, will their bad luck come to me if they collect my money?”

“Yes, it will but the good news is that the ones with good fortunes would nullify the bad ones. So, you must make sure you share in a crowded environment to get a higher number of good fortunes.”

I kept mute and pondered.

“So, about the girlfriend how will I know if she hasn’t been used yet by someone else?”

“You'll know. Once you come in contact with such a girl, your inner spirit won’t want to have anything to do with her. I mean you’ll naturally dislike her.” Baba explained.

Meanwhile, all these were conversed in the Yoruba language.

"When all these are done, you shall return to please the oracle and share your testimony," he said and, let out a smile.

I just giggled.

He called Kola to come in and that was when he went ahead to prepare the portion that would be in the calabash.

It was around noon when we eventually left Abeokuta after a successful visit to Baba.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

Don't be a gho.st reader

Few more episodes to go.

4 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Caseywilliams(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2023
Ajaa awele....abi oke ite...we no come knw wch one be wch again dz days

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by nickfrane(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nice update

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Dangerrard: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
Frank you sure say you never visit baba for real life. Like this feels so real. Great job man.
Person suppose dey careful with babe wey boiz don knack ooo. Many girls are carrying bad luck transferred to them by the people they've mingled with before

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by IkeIgboNiile(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
Very interesting update. Keep it coming ❤

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by 77up(m): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
This is serious, peer pressure is really dangerous.
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
You are good at what you do OP
Please keep it coming……

But Omo mehn, things dey happen oh chai. Make person no too dey collect spray money again like this.

Inside that your evian, another evian dey, hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Dangerrard:
Frank you sure say you never visit baba for real life. Like this feels so real. Great job man.
Person suppose dey careful with babe wey boiz don knack ooo. Many girls are carrying bad luck transferred to them by the people they've mingled with before

Lol.. I never visited before oo
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:02am On Nov 08, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Please keep it coming……

But Omo mehn, things dey happen oh chai. Make person no too dey collect spray money again like this.

Thank you, chief.

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by nickfrane(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Frank what’s next. Don’t dull

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
nickfrane:
Frank what’s next. Don’t dull

Coming soon. Just wait for it tonight

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Mhizzard(m): 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Please keep it coming……

it sound so real.now adays,some girls are walking with empty head or dead in the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mhizzard:

it sound so really.now adays,some girls are walking with empty head or dead in the spirit.

True
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
Episode 20 is here.

I didn't even know this story would get to this stage. 😂

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by lateefykn84(m): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
frankwriter:
Episode 20 is here.

I didn't even know this story would get to this stage. 😂
I glue here

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 2:03am On Nov 10, 2023
At this point, I might not complete this story here, I posted episode 20, and it was removed by the moderators. I don't know why.

And I couldn't post for almost 24 hours. I don't still know why. I kept coming back to see if I could post until now that I'm writing this. (Friday, Nov 10, 1:56 am).

I had this same challenge when I posted "Diary of a pastor's Son" and "Lagos to Abuja"

I tried my best to complete the story, but whenever I post, the thing goes off and I won't be able to post for some hours.

The same thing happened after I posted episode 20. And if I post it again, I'm sure it will still disappear. I don't know if anyone here knows better.

Well, I will have to keep posting on my Facebook page (Frank The Writer).

If you don't use Facebook, I'm sorry. I can't help it. You just have to find a way to read it up.

I said earlier that I might not be able to finish this story on Nairaland. I felt at a point, they would stop me. Lol

But y'all can't stop my shine on Facebook.😎
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 2:06am On Nov 10, 2023
lateefykn84:
I glue here

I even posted episode 20 here before this text.

It's nowhere to be found embarassed
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by lateefykn84(m): 9:46am On Nov 10, 2023
frankwriter:

I even posted episode 20 here before this text.

It's nowhere to be found embarassed
let me quickly join your Facebook page

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 10:38am On Nov 10, 2023
lateefykn84:
let me quickly join your Facebook page

Alright.

I'll be posting Episode 21 later today on Facebook.
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2023
Oga Frank beg Dey post am for your facebook page biko. Those Literature mods don start to dey kolo be that.
Na so dem dey do (selective ment)

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Caseywilliams(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2023
I jxt got franks notification but wnt get to see any of his update or post...wata_gwan?
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
Caseywilliams:
I jxt got franks notification but wnt get to see any of his update or post...wata_gwan?
Go check his Facebook page
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by Caseywilliams(m): 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
I dnt hav access to facebook at the main time

1 Like

Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
Caseywilliams:

I dnt have access to Facebook at the main time

Yeah, I tried posting episode 20 again but it didn't stay. The episode still got removed ❌

That's why!

But I have completed the story on my Facebook page: Frank The Writer
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by frankwriter(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2023
Hope you all have seen the last episode on Facebook

New story loading...
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by lateefykn84(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2023
frankwriter:

New story loading...
yes ooooo..... painful ending
Re: The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) by hotswagg12: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
frankwriter:

New story loading...
I have not bro. Don't have a Facebook account but I will wait for your next story here. And thanks for keeping us glued to the literature section here with your wonderful works.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / I Thought It Was Real / Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.