Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

My Horrible Experience At Computer Village - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Horrible Experience At Computer Village (28080 Views)

Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Deepthoughts: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2023
eteebanky:
My guy

They sold second hand starlink to you instead of a Brand New sealed starlink kits.....that is so illegal

Report them to the police ASAP
The same police Nigerians never see good thing about,no she should go n report to me Oluomo!,I just don't know why in Nigeria nobody gives the police just a little benefit of doubt, personally I have never had a bad experience with them as I try my best to stay clear of wrong doings.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Adenijioluwato: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2023
Becareful please

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2023
PossibleG007:
u be mumu normally is this ur first time of going to buy something At computer village What would it cost you to go and buy what you need in person Honestly u deserve what u got since u prefer dispatch rider to deliver what u ought to go and get urself
Are you stupid or high on something? This is a store I've been buying stuff from for over 10 years. Only reason this happened was because I wasn't present and they picked the item from another store.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by LZAA: 10:02am On Oct 07, 2023
Sorry but anything wey you no use your hand buy from c village physically is a no no
You are talking about ikeja a safe haven for scammers for crying out loud
Even the one wey you buy physically you must check and test am wella
👍

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by IamtheTruth1(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
So i had to get a couple of things at computer village Ikeja I'd need for a job I'm doing. I went to the market and after getting the things that I needed, I received a call from my friend who's in need of a STARLINK device. Who would have guessed? Coincidentally, that had it at the store. I confirmed the price and sent the details to my friend. He had a bit of trouble making the payment so I collected the contact of one of the sales rep in the store and told them I'd give them a call.

Following day, I was on my way already out of Lagos, I was at the park when my friend called and said he was ready to initiate tge transaction. I told him I wasn't anywhere close to computer very but I have a contact that works there. Had a bit of trouble convincing him to go ahead and completing the transaction with them since he needed it the following day.

After much convincing and he finally agreed, he made the payment amd the said sales person got a dispatch rider to take it to the park.

Waited the following day for the item to arrive and we heard nothing. Then came the second, third, fourth, and even fifth day. Our patience was wearing out and we were already asking for a refund.
The item finally arrived on eve of the sixth day. It was already getting dark and it was too late to get it to the clients location for installation.

I noticed that you do not like trouble. If I was the one, I will spend extra 200k to arrest the sales girl. Then truth will come from her mouth. Then they will be pleading to settle. Take the case to court self. Tag the case a stolen item. When you tell the police you are taking the case to court, by then your lawyers are there… they will no know you serious. They will pay you times two of that money.

The mistake you made was listening to the intial pleading of the lady. She just made over 200k on your head.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by FireUpNow(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2023
Oh na computer village again
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by clinician2x: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Police ke? They called l bluff when I threatened to involve the police. They have their own police outpost in computer village. Na them them. They're all a bunch of criminals both the police and the sellers. This country is a fraud that should be burned to the ground with everything that's in it.

Haha it's your village they will burn with everything in it Mr man. You convinced someone to send 400k to a seller so you now go home and the item will be delivered to you because it's your father thats selling it. Why exactly won't you buy starlink from the manufacturers or the authorized distributors??

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Elliotwaveforec: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2023
Na mumu dey do business with Igbos!

Alaba, Ladipo and Computer Village are centres of fraudsters masquerading as traders.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

I noticed that you do not like trouble. If I was the one, I will spend extra 200k to arrest the sales girl. Then truth will come from her mouth. Then they will be pleading to settle. Take the case to court self. Tag the case a stolen item. When you tell the police you are taking the case to court, by then your lawyers are there… they will no know you serious. They will pay you times two of that money. You'd feel sorry for her if you saw the way she kept on begging me. I've learned my lesson though and we move.

The mistake you made was listening to the intial pleading of the lady. She just made over 200k on your head.

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by emonis88: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2023
This story is fake n posted to start a tribal bashing n war that Nairaland is known to use in generating traffic, if not so , nothing stops the poster to name the store, or name the person who u ve their number, n who u were communicating with, u don't just send 400k to someone just like that. All theses il tell u it is a fake story to cus tribal bashing, which is basically what Nairaland is all about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Na mumu dey do business with Igbos!

Alaba, Ladipo and Computer Village are centres of fraudsters masquerading as traders.
Guy. Let's leave tribe aside. There are as much yorubas in computer village just as there are igbos. All of them are fraudsters.

7 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by clinician2x: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
I could do that. But like you said these things take time. The clients whom the item was intended for gave us a deadline that's already expired.

Haha you are not serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2023
clinician2x:

Haha you are not serious.
you wouldn't understand. We told the clients the item would arrive the following day and it ended up taking a week.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Bigbrosman: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2023
Shoodboi:
Computer Village is a hub of fraudsters. The number of honest people there is really low. As a rule, I only buy my items from Slot, Oraimo, or from businesses that have a working website or Instagram page with a lot of followers. This doesn't mean they're honest but it goes a long way in showing they've invested in their image and will be wary of their reputation getting soiled.

As for your friend, why didn't he buy Starlink from the manufacturers. They will ship it down here. I am skeptical of any Starlink being sold in Computer Village or anywhere else. I'm even surprised it's the real thing. I was expecting it to be some fake replica with a sim card slot. grin
LZAA:
Sorry but anything wey you no use your hand buy from c village physically is a no no
You are talking about ikeja a safe haven for scammers for crying out loud
Even the one wey you buy physically you must check and test am wella
👍
Abi o while even buying from manufacturer plus shipping costs 350K.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by eddynaira125: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2023
There is a police post at the market, locate it, and lodge your complain
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2023
emonis88:
This story is fake n posted to start a tribal bashing n war that Nairaland is known to use in generating traffic, if not so , nothing stops the poster to name the store, or name the person who u ve their number, n who u were communicating with, u don't just send 400k to someone just like that. All theses il tell u it is a fake story to cus tribal bashing, which is basically what Nairaland is all about.
I'm not stupid. This is the exact reason I didn't put up the names of the people and the tribes involved in this because just like you said it'd just end in a tribal bashing. Something I want to avoid

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by myspace(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2023
Why would you purchase Starlink from someone that is not an accredited Reseller? Even ordering directly from Starlink website would have been a better option because you would receive the equipment within 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Agugbadin: 10:17am On Oct 07, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Don't you know that the sets of people that trade in Alaba, Ladipo, Computer Village etc are never to be trusted. They are rogues and bunch of criminals parading themselves as Businessmen. Truth, honesty and integrity are rare commodities in their enterprise.
All over the world when you are dealing with them you have to be extra careful, fraud is in their DNA because they call it business. I have suffered similar loss of money from them such that today I don't trust their male,female clergy, even their kids they are all the same. It is hereditary and in their DNA ,sorry for the loss.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by KillamanJoe: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2023
I cant remember the last time I bought anything from computer village.

Avoid that place like a plague. Na thieves and fraudsters full there. At least like 95% of the ppl there anyway.

Why did you not advice your client to buy directly from starlink? Starlink only sells to individuals or corporations so if you're buying from computer village, you're buying a pre registered device. After all, they ask for your NIN when you order as well.

You are also at fault for dealing with ppl you don't trust or know their parents house. 400k is not change in this era.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Bosch10(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.
do you attend deeper life church?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by omoadeleye(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
On returning the item. Just I had predicted they would. They started to give me stupid craps about how I must have started the registration half way and my account is the one tied to the device and stuff.

I got to understand something. Nigerians are mean. By mean I mean Nigerians are very mean people. I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.

I respect northerns for that, they're very honest, very very honest.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Agugbadin: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
I'm not stupid. This is the exact reason I didn't put up the names of the people and the tribes involved in this because just like you said it'd just end in a tribal bashing. Something I want to avoid

We know their tribe even if you don't put it up.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Mpanyi: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Now, I could put contact and the pictures of the people involved in these. But it doesn't get any messier than it already is.

I'm just saying you can be a legitimate business person and still do good. If you have to lie your way or cheat and deceive unsuspecting clients to stay in business, then you're not going to stay in business for long.

Don't mind them. They think it's smartness when it's foolishness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Sermwell(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.
Oga shut up!! All tribes in Nigeria are involved in criminalty up to the presidency!! If you even arrest a fraudulent person in that computer village and take them to the police station, the police will collect thier share right there in the computer village and look the other way! Are you saying the police are of the same tribe with the fraudster??

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by omoadeleye(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2023
OP self is among the problem of Nigeria, so i think you deserve what you got.

Like, 1. You decided to listen to the crook seller that told you not to allow his or her boss to know, that sounds shady since it's a shady deal.

2. And you can't even post the pictures of the sellers or even give the name of the shop you bought the items, so you want others to fall for what you just fell to right?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by sukkot: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Guy. Let's leave tribe aside. There are as much yorubas in computer village just as there are igbos. All of them are fraudsters.
so the guy who scammed you is a yoruba man ? publish his name. is it amoda ogunlere ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you know what i suspect ? you are an igbo guy and the guy who scammed you is an igbo guy so you dont want to drop his name because of tribal bashing. and i totally understand

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Whatisurproblem(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Their type full Nairaland remain, they take delight and derive pleasure in defrauding unsuspecting individuals.

VERY crooked set of human beings
Igbo people,say it the way it is. They will dupe you and still support themselves

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by ayokellany: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2023
If you are a friend of mine I will tell you how foolish you are to trust anyone in Nigeria to the extent you can buy things without examining but as a stranger don't buy any good without being there live from anybody except those you have gotten the same goods not a different one severally like 20 times before trying such. Left to me I won't even dare it or maybe if it is sand foe construction n even that still cheat with delivering sand that as mud that is how croockered Nigerians are.

burp18:
To top everything off. It shows on starlink website that that there's a 20% price slash on this item and the it'll last till november. Shipping it doesn't cost much and it takes less than two weeks to arrive.
I just don't get the idea behind why people do the things that they do. If there 1000 people doing business in computer village, over 900 are criminals.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Burgerlomo: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2023
Something you could have just purchased directly from the company website
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 10:37am On Oct 07, 2023
ayokellany:
If you are a friend of mine I will tell you how foolish you are to trust anyone in Nigeria to the extent you can buy things without examining but as a stranger don't buy any good without being there live from anybody except those you have gotten the same goods not a different one severally like 20 times before trying such. Left to me I won't even dare it or maybe if it is sand foe construction n even that still cheat with delivering sand that as mud that is how croockered Nigerians are.

I've been buying items from this particular store for so many years now. Matter of fact, I've recommended a lot of customers to them.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by jaxxy(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
There was not. Can you imagine? They were trying to refer me to the person from whom they picked the item from. The whole thing is funny because the store owner whom I rever and respect so much. I expected him to do something about it, but it turns out they're all in it together.

sometimes these people want proper police wahala. This was a simple transaction they couldn't deliver ontime or the actual item even as brandnew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rev. Ugochukwu Emmanuel Ekwem Claimed His Wealth Is By God's Grace / Bishop Sylvester Asobo Declared Missing By Family (Photo) / Young Househelp Battered By Her Madam In Bayelsa (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.