Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? (21711 Views)

Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Can A Guy Of 38yrs Old Marry A Lady Of 28yr Old? Is She Not Gonna Get Older Fast / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Zanzibar1: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
What Is the Common Regret People Have As they get Older?
I saw this post on a foreign group on fb.
I must say it has opened up my heart to learn.

I thought it would help the younger folks to learn and work on some patterns in life.
People that replied that post were 45 years and above

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Zonefree(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
As a young man coming up, don't waste your youthful age loving a Nigerian girl or even try to force her to love you. They are not created to LOVE.

274 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by izonborn098(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
The biggest regret to majority of men is without kids or house..

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Nice2023(m): 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
The major regret is,forgetting that every decision u make today has consequences.

182 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Day169: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2023
Those things we procrastinated about doing until the opportunity escaped. sad

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Eunoiaa(f): 9:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
I'm finding myself to be growing up with with my child-like rose-colored glasses, at least most times, thank God.

Maybe that is why I never have a response to the "what did you regret/what are you regretting questions?" Even if I am making obviously silly decisions in the moment, I do not think it a regrets afterwards. Like never. It's like I am incapable of feeling it.

Anyway, I realise this might not put me in the best position to speak on the topic... I may be unrealistically biased.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by bennyflipy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
Zonefree:
As a young man coming up, don't waste your youthful age loving a Nigerian girl or even try to force her to love you. They are not created to LOVE.
Why do you hate Nigerian girls like this na grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Puss360(f): 3:37am On Oct 08, 2023
Not doing what makes them happy all in the name of religion...

No matter what, always do what gives you joy... what makes you happy...
As long as it doesn't hurt the next person..

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Built2last: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2023
I think the biggest for men above 55 is when you look back and you didn't have kids when you ought to have had.

The reality is that you will be having some leg aches, lower back ache may be starting. You imagine that 55 years plus another 15 years. you will need your children around you but none. can be very depressing.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Goldbw122(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
I don't think you get rejected when you get old, when you have money and investment, and women or people around you get to have the knowledge of that you will be young in their eyes.. yeah so no man is old, is just that when you are old and broke, you will always get rejected..

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by phemmyfour: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
Zanzibar1:
What Is the Common Regret People Have As they get Older?
I saw this post on a foreign group on fb.
I must say it has opened up my heart to learn.

I thought it would help the younger folks to learn and work on some patterns in life.
People that replied that post were 45 years and above
No regret, cos there will always be a regret. You can't have a perfect life

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Emmexguy123: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
They regret not doing what they are supposed to do because of fear.

And that fear is mostly caused by religion.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

It seems girls have a special room in your head. If you think u are a man and you can't do without talking about gender f. Then you are the one with a problem

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by firearcher: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Bad habits, unhealthy lifestyles and poor health choices that affects their health in old age.
I have elderly parent, aunts and uncles. And their current state of health, positive or negative are traceable to how they spend their youthful days

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by BigBashiru: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Waiting until marriage to date and get a romantic partner instead of maximizing my mating opportunites (and I dont mean sleeping around - just talking to different girls trying to toast them kissing if the opportunity presents, having multiple relationships but only sleeping with those that love me back and i could get serious with )... i dont do use and dump...

I never had a girlfriend cos I was doing holy holy and marriage was to evening newspaper....was very disappointing.....

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2023
No warrior dies a peaceful death.

All regret is worthless, let us speak only of the fight to come.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by CaveAdullam: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2023
1. The biggest regret you'll have in life is not doing those things you wish to do.

Of course, doing them doesn't translate into success. But it will bother you on your deathbed. Had it been you tried and failed, you would have come up with better strategies or at least experience a new dimension.

2. Wasting time on frivolous adventure because it's the norm.

3. Pleasing people because you don't want to be written in their black book. This is due to a lack of self-esteem and confidence.

4. Trying to be in love or union with the wrong person because you fear being alone. Now older, they've grown to be your worst nightmare.

5. Not following your instincts. However, on this note, gut feelings don't always lead to the right place. In situations where logic trumps guts, follow the way of logic.

6. Not taking necessary risks because you were afraid of the outcome.

7. Always afraid to challenge those who intimidated you. You thought they would harm you if you stood up to them. Meanwhile, they are scared of those who rebuff their bullying and intimidation.

8. Tethering yourself to a slave-like job. The longer you stay in such a job, the faster your freedom and independence erode.

9. Being afraid to make a solid decision that you've weighed to be profitable long-term. But you were scared that nobody would support you, so, threw the decision away and allowed yourself to be led by dumb people.

10. Incompassionate when you need to be compassionate. Lenient when you needed to be strict.
Doing the opposite when you ought to have done the real thing.

If you have a change of heart and follow the long road of freedom, you'll have little to no regrets even though you didn't end up where you wanted to be.

Thanks.

105 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by sukkot: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2023
wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Theunbothered: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2023
Not knacking enough when their prick could still stand. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2023
embarassed
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Viridis(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2023
I ma just 20 and I live in regret almost everyday I have lost my childhood happiness. We need to make careful decisions in our life

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Darkseid(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2023
Number one regret of the old | dying
👉🏾 I wish I lived a life true to myself.

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by creativehubb: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2023
Most of you will regret carrying the culture and religion of Arabs and Romans for head like gala... instead of embracing our culture and spirituality.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Tkeke: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2023
Not being spiritually sensitive early enough to find out that it was some of my siblings who I have loved like life itself that were behind the battles I have been fighting until it was almost too late. Mind you, I am the baby of the house o. They saw too much glory from their realm and couldn't take it that I will be greater than them all.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Neoteny7: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2023
Shoulda fuct more girls

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by XtraFortunes: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2023
angry
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by ATEAMS: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2023
Less happiness
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by chukkystar(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2023
Don't ever try to impress people, their views always change. Live Ur Life like U could die tomorrow but also always plan for the Future incase You are here and don't die. Also there is no right or wrong per say, just different people with different perspectives to issues. Learn to not argue if the argument won't improve U, it adds to increased BP.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Abagworo(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2023
Not having as much fun as possible.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All The Drama That Happens When Your Parents Are Arguing / Confused! / What Is Wrong With Asking Our Elders "How Are You?" ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.