Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Salary Payment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Payment (14790 Views)

Different Dates Of Birth On IPPIS And BVN. Any Salary Payment Problem ? / Condition Of Service/ Salary Payment Of Corner Stone Insurance / Are You Experiencing Late Salary Payment From Employer?share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
I'm a Teacher in a private school in the mainland part of Lagos State, I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

The month ended and based on the fact that schools resumed on the 4th of last month, I presumed the salary will be paid on the said date this month.

I tried talking to the proprietor and all he could say was Salary is not ready. Now he tries avoiding me and not picking my calls either.

There is nothing for my family to eat..

I tried going out to work in any construction site but non was willing to take me in to work.
With tears in my eyes, I called him and he managed to pick, he didn't even allow me to talk, he said he will pay next week.

Note, this is the same ordeal faced by other teachers...

Now, my question is why do employers derive joy in delaying salaries after the services rendered by their employees?.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Payment by Oyindamolah: 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
OP where are on the same page. Joined this newbie organization for a volunteer work late August in 2011. They said we'll be officially recognized by September with letter of appointment and job description but nothing has showed. We were paid for September which made us all think we're in the right place.

Few days afterwards, supervisor or should I say liason officer stopped coming and appointed someone as coordinator. He stopped picking calls and replying messages and only reply at will.

Fast forward to late September we got paid and somehow bamboozled to continue. October ends, oga neither show nor pick calls or reply to text messages including whatsapp messages.

Mid-November, he was giving excuses that our money is available but not yet given approval to pay from a supposed oversight which he's part of.

After some time, they came and have a discussion with us without discussing how and when they're paying. Ieft the job

2 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by soccerlite: 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2023
One person teaching physics, chemistry and biology

What a school!

If you leave now you may not get any kobo

Just widen your sch search, when you see leave

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Payment by Dubetex96(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
This is very sad but Op didn't u negotiate your salary before accepting the job for Christ sake these subjects are science subjects which is very vital for the growth of the school .

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Payment by Laird(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
Please.if You stay around Oshodi Mafoluku axis and need a job as an office assistant/ admin assistant check my signature and check my job posts
Re: Salary Payment by progressb4andno: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2023
If this your story is true then you need serious prayers and deliverance from from the spirit of suffering

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oyindamolah:
OP where are on the same page. Joined this newbie organization for a volunteer work late August in 2011. They said we'll be officially recognized by September with letter of appointment and job description but nothing has showed. We were paid for September which made us all think we're in the right place.

Few days afterwards, supervisor or should I say liason officer stopped coming and appointed someone as coordinator. He stopped picking calls and replying messages and only reply at will.

Fast forward to late September we got paid and somehow bamboozled to continue. October ends, oga neither show nor pick calls or reply to text messages including whatsapp messages.

Mid-November, he was giving excuses that our money is available but not yet given approval to pay from a supposed oversight which he's part of.

After some time, they came and have a discussion with us without discussing how and when they're paying. Ieft the job

This is just too inhumane.. swears undecided

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
There is no option boss, I just have to get something to do to while away the time

What a school!

Just widen your sch search, when you see leave[/quote]
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
[quote author=Dubetex96 post=126279926]This is very sad but Op didn't u negotiate your salary before accepting the job for Christ sake these subjects are science subjects which is very vital for the growth of the school .[The salary was negotiated but he said he can't pay above that and due to scarcity of jobs, I just had to take it like that]

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Laird:
Please.if You stay around Oshodi Mafoluku axis and need a job as an office assistant/ admin assistant check my signature and check my job posts

Oops, I would have loved to but it's just too far from my location cry
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
progressb4andno:
If this your story is true then you need serious prayers and deliverance from from the spirit of suffering

I know it's suffering, and I believe God will do something soon

8 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
soccerlite:

What a school!

Just widen your sch search, when you see leave

Bruh, that's why I'm just cool about the whole issue so as not to result in getting nothing
Re: Salary Payment by chaseblack(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
We plenty abi?
Re: Salary Payment by Kingpele(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
Demand your right...u earned it..is not asif he's doing u a favour..search for public school job..private school job is as sure as NEPA light 🚦..u fit lose your job quickly...finally I hope u are not an agbado eater
Re: Salary Payment by Boldideas: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:
I'm a Teacher in a private school in the mainland part of Lagos State, I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

The month ended and based on the fact that schools resumed on the 4th of last month, I presumed the salary will be paid on the said date this month.

I tried talking to the proprietor and all he could say was Salary is not ready. Now he tries avoiding me and not picking my calls either.

I tried going out to work in any construction site but non was willing to take me in to work.
With tears in my eyes, I called him and he managed to pick, he didn't even allow me to talk, he said he will pay next week.

Now, my question is why do employers derive joy in delaying salaries after the services rendered by their employees?.

At least you have hope😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Salary Payment by OboOlora(f): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Go to www.bombgazatotheground.com and include ur office address as a target location for Israeli missile. Make sure you don’t go to work that day sha lol

2 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by PortHarcourtcit(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
It is well my brother, I pray you get a better place to work in... You are a genius...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Payment by Reelmii: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hmm...3 heavy subject for one person....for 25k.....a private school for that matter......may God remember u sir....how can u even save up for rents for 25k

12 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by aimalohi: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Go and look for home lesson/ after school lesson to do

2 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by wittywriter: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2023
Employees feel Employers love to owe them...SMH
Big wrong assumption.
Johnchrix:
Crap
I'm an Employer are you an employer?
dominique:
Begging format. Those who know know

Wittyness
Re: Salary Payment by Wujio: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

I can employ you on work from home basis and you can get up to 40,000 Naira working from home by working with me

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Payment by dominique(f): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Begging format. Those who know know

10 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by Viccur(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
My former boss pays between 5th and 8th of a new month. Worked in a somewhat big company where they pay 2nd Friday of a new month.
Re: Salary Payment by Jorussia(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

Na wa for Lagos 25k per month? my guy who is now in London dey collect more than 80k per month for that same Lagos around 2016 as a private school teacher.You sure say u get bsc ?

4 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by Johnchrix(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
wittywriter:
Employees feel Employers love to owe them...SMH
Big wrong assumption.

Wittyness
Crap
Re: Salary Payment by LegallyBlunt: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
cry cry cry
I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

My heart always bleed for teachers when I hear things like this, and because I experienced such treatment first hand when I was serving and looking to earn some extra money. These kind of schools should be banned from operating. Some of them make millions per term.

The saddest part is that 25k is not hard to pay. It is that they intentionally refuse to pay as at when due. I worked in a wicked school with many students and in fact, a single Primary student's fees would have paid four teachers salaries. But no, they can owe for months. You'll receive March salary in mid-June. cry

7 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by Trent18(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
One person teaching Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Which kind school be that one.
Which kind exploitation be this na. Na wa o
Re: Salary Payment by thatsleepboy1: 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Salary Payment by Wisereborn: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Collect the salary for the one wey you don do, leave that work!!!

If you must go through stress, let it be worth it!

If you dey find better teaching work with good pay and no too much exploitation

Look towards island.

With your area of study, they will pay you over 200k

Only extra lesson self go take care of many of your needs

And please stick to only a subject. Your major area of specialization, let them be the one to ask if you can help in taking other which will equally come with extra cost!!!

Give yourself brain then thank me later wink

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Payment by Bubu4Sea: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
My reply depends on who you voted for.

If you voted for APShit, go to Aso Rock to collect ur salary from the druglord
Re: Salary Payment by Chimeluv(f): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
Your salary will be paid and that is how subsequent salaries will be paid, you either hold on to what you have while you look for another or you quit the moment you collect your salary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / INEC Recruitment Portal 2020 - Has Anyone Received A Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.