Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Salary Payment - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Payment (14793 Views)

Different Dates Of Birth On IPPIS And BVN. Any Salary Payment Problem ? / Condition Of Service/ Salary Payment Of Corner Stone Insurance / Are You Experiencing Late Salary Payment From Employer?share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
wunmi590:

This is very bad...

My brother, first what I do when I want to take an offer is that, I make sure I confirm if their salary is constant, before I move in, I wouldn't want anybody to be owing me my sweat...

You deserve better bro, Physics, Chemistry ⚗️, and biology at the same time, those are the power house of science and you are earning 25k and somebody is still owing you...

That proprietor must be having head pain

I just started bruh and the management showed me who they are and that's why I will be leaving
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Some days are like that. Just be rest assured.

Thanks sir..

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Calitoscassius(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
And you are still working there? undecided how are you supposed to pay rent? Eat, pay for transportation to work. Just dump the bloody job if you didn't receive pay for one month.
Re: Salary Payment by Diligent1(f): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:
I'm a Teacher in a private school in the mainland part of Lagos State, I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

The month ended and based on the fact that schools resumed on the 4th of last month, I presumed the salary will be paid on the said date this month.

I tried talking to the proprietor and all he could say was Salary is not ready. Now he tries avoiding me and not picking my calls either.

There is nothing for my family to eat..

I tried going out to work in any construction site but non was willing to take me in to work.
With tears in my eyes, I called him and he managed to pick, he didn't even allow me to talk, he said he will pay next week.

Note, this is the same ordeal faced by other teachers...

Now, my question is why do employers derive joy in delaying salaries after the services rendered by their employees?.
You need to widen your search for better jobs and you will be surprised you will get better ones.

Connect with people, you can also post here on Nairaland and you will see a better one don't subject yourself to suffering.

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
Diligent1:

You need to widen your search for better jobs and you will be surprised you will get better ones.

Connect with people, you can also post here on Nairaland and you will see a better one don't subject yourself to suffering.

Thanks ma!

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Calitoscassius:
And you are still working there? undecided how are you supposed to pay rent? Eat, pay for transportation to work. Just dump the bloody job if you didn't receive pay for one month.

I just started there, I will be leaving there once I'm paid

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by extremelygolden: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:
I'm a Teacher in a private school in the mainland part of Lagos State, I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

The month ended and based on the fact that schools resumed on the 4th of last month, I presumed the salary will be paid on the said date this month.

I tried talking to the proprietor and all he could say was Salary is not ready. Now he tries avoiding me and not picking my calls either.

I tried going out to work in any construction site but non was willing to take me in to work.
With tears in my eyes, I called him and he managed to pick, he didn't even allow me to talk, he said he will pay next week.

Now, my question is why do employers derive joy in delaying salaries after the services rendered by their employees?.

Wipe your tears, ok? Even this time shall not last.

In the interim, begin a lesson with neighbourhood children. Advertise yourself to their parents. Tell them you can also do home work for the pupil at a cheap rate for those that don't want to enroll in your lesson.

I don't know how your neighbourhood is. The cost of laundry and dry-cleaning clothes is now on the high side. You can meet those working class big guys in your hood and tell them you can come to their place every Saturday to help wash for them at a fee.

Just look for something you don't need capital to start.

I wish my advise helps.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by KingLion007(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

Amen, thanks boss..I tap from that liberation of yours
Watch out bruh.
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2023
extremelygolden:

Wipe your tears, ok? Even this time shall not last.

In the interim, begin a lesson with neighbourhood children. Advertise yourself to their parents. Tell them you can also do home work for the pupil at a cheap rate for those that don't want to enroll in your lesson.

I don't know how your neighbourhood is. The cost of laundry and dry-cleaning clothes is now on the high side. You can meet those working class big guys in your hood and tell them you can come to their place every Saturday to help wash for them at a fee.

Just look for something you don't need capital to start.

I wish my advise helps.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot for this sir..The private lesson will really help

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Chemlite: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

It's not about knowing ones worth..I just decided to manage for the time being

Even those being paid 200k are managing, so that is no excuse, the economy is bad.

I mean you should be making shakara because you are versatile in those subjects, while school owners beg for your skill.

Teachers are scarce in these areas, so you will always have a school to teach. Do the following :

step 1: Submit applications to schools not too far
step 2: After interview(sell your self very well during, mention your experience), during price negotiation call it above their price.
step 3: If complain ask how much they can afford, then tell them you will accept 20-25k for part time, twice in a wk. They might offer you a bit less than that, accept & move another school.

At the end of the day, you might come across one that will you 20k. If you can run two schools, you will not be at their mercy.

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Zaynkad: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
Wujio:

I can employ you on work from home basis and you can get up to 40,000 Naira working from home by working with me

Also interested sir
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
KingLion007:
Watch out bruh.

I don't get bruh
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Chemlite:

Even those being paid 200k are managing, so that is no excuse, the economy is bad.

I mean you should be making shakara because you are versatile in those subjects, while school owners beg for your skill.

Teachers are scarce in these areas, so you will always have a school to teach. Do the following :

step 1: Submit applications to schools not too far
step 2: After interview(sell your self very well during, mention your experience), during price negotiation call it above their price.
step 3: If complain ask how much they can afford, then tell them you will accept 20-25k for part time, twice in a wk. They might offer you a bit less than that, accept & move another school.

At the end of the day, you might come across one that will you 20k. If you can run two schools, you will not be at their mercy.

Thanks a lot bruh...the part-time arrangement is going to solve this and also private teaching
Re: Salary Payment by Trent18(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
It is well man.

A great exploitation..but man won't sit at home na, lolz![/quote]
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Thanks to all who contributed, I really appreciate you all for the kind advices and he less relevant ones, Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by OlujobaSamuel: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

I'm leaving immediately I get the salary
You are likely to get the salary when the 2nd month is almost done
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

You are likely to get the salary when the 2nd month is almost done

Omo angry angry
Re: Salary Payment by Calitoscassius(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

I just started there, I will be leaving there once I'm paid
And if they didn't pay you? I read that some Naigerians are owed sometimes for 6 months, 3 months, i mean, how do they survive? Without getting paid for such period of monthts? Unless they don't turn up for the job or does no work atall.
Re: Salary Payment by BabangidaHamza(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
Reelmii:
Hmm...3 heavy subject for one person....for 25k.....a private school for that matter......may God remember u sir....how can u even save up for rents for 25k
Hmmmm, even me that doesn't spend a dime on transport can't accept that offer of ₦25k to teach biology, Physics and Chemistry for that peanut. Let assume he pays ₦600 for 10 days for transport per month i.e if he decides not to trek everyday (i.e ₦6000 on transport). He would feed, buy basic items like soap, detergent, body spray and data.
They want him to work like a donkey, make him feed like an ant on a ₦25k salary?
Is he born to suffer??

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Jamie1000: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

My dear, your English us too mature for 25k a month. That's what guys spend on olosho weekly. Plan your exit and claim what's rightfully yours. Don't settle for that crap.
Re: Salary Payment by Emdebby2: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
One person teaching 3 science subjects for 25k. Are you a degree holder, NCE or School cert?. Let me assume that parents pay small amount of school fees in your school. No wonder it's coming from the mainland. When they relocate to the Island they complain that school fee is high. That's because teachers are well paid. I work in a school and teachers are paid 100k and above, meanwhile you don't teach more than one subject. My advice to you is to look for side hustle to double your income.
Re: Salary Payment by sanya4good(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

Maybe the fear of me not leaving the school

OP I will advise you to change your mindset about life to better things without doubting for just 6 months and you will begin to see good changes in your life.
Re: Salary Payment by HRSweetness(f): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
dominique:

He won't outrightly beg, he's expecting kind-hearted Nigerians to be touched to ask him for his account details. I've been on this forum long enough to know how these people operate.

Wow! I was actually moved and really contemplated supporting him with the salary, 😢
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
Calitoscassius:
And if they didn't pay you? I read that some Naigerians are owed sometimes for 6 months, 3 months, i mean, how do they survive? Without getting paid for such period of monthts? Unless they don't turn up for the job or does no work atall.

I believe all will be well
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
sanya4good:

OP I will advise you to change your mindset about life to better things without doubting for just 6 months and you will begin to see good changes in your life.

Alright sir, thanks sir, I'm so grateful..
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
HRSweetness:

Wow! I was actually moved and really contemplated supporting him with the salary, 😢

Thanks ma for this! Someone else not expecting salary might need this more than I do right now...I will be glad if you can channel it to them cos I believe I will be paid soon...

The world will be a more better place if kind-hearted people like you take over!
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
Jamie1000:

My dear, your English us too mature for 25k a month. That's what guys spend on olosho weekly. Plan your exit and claim what's rightfully yours. Don't settle for that crap.

Thanks sir..The advice is much appreciated!
Re: Salary Payment by extremelygolden: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

Thanks a lot for this sir..The private lesson will really help

I'm a lady though. Yes, it would.
Re: Salary Payment by KingLion007(m): 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

I don't get bruh
watch out for God's blessings upon you.
Re: Salary Payment by MartinsD12(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:

Amen, thanks brother!
It's well
Re: Salary Payment by bsalawu: 5:20am On Oct 10, 2023
With that same energy, y not learn Real Estate and earn great commission. It will ease your financial burden easier. You don't need to be under such hardship.

Oyindamolah:
OP where are on the same page. Joined this newbie organization for a volunteer work late August in 2011. They said we'll be officially recognized by September with letter of appointment and job description but nothing has showed. We were paid for September which made us all think we're in the right place.

Few days afterwards, supervisor or should I say liason officer stopped coming and appointed someone as coordinator. He stopped picking calls and replying messages and only reply at will.

Fast forward to late September we got paid and somehow bamboozled to continue. October ends, oga neither show nor pick calls or reply to text messages including whatsapp messages.

Mid-November, he was giving excuses that our money is available but not yet given approval to pay from a supposed oversight which he's part of.

After some time, they came and have a discussion with us without discussing how and when they're paying. Ieft the job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / INEC Recruitment Portal 2020 - Has Anyone Received A Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.