Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Salary Payment - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Payment (14871 Views)

Different Dates Of Birth On IPPIS And BVN. Any Salary Payment Problem ? / Condition Of Service/ Salary Payment Of Corner Stone Insurance / Are You Experiencing Late Salary Payment From Employer?share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Payment by MartinsD12(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mikedgr8:
I'm a Teacher in a private school in the mainland part of Lagos State, I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

The month ended and based on the fact that schools resumed on the 4th of last month, I presumed the salary will be paid on the said date this month.

I tried talking to the proprietor and all he could say was Salary is not ready. Now he tries avoiding me and not picking my calls either.

There is nothing for my family to eat..

I tried going out to work in any construction site but non was willing to take me in to work.
With tears in my eyes, I called him and he managed to pick, he didn't even allow me to talk, he said he will pay next week.

Note, this is the same ordeal faced by other teachers...

Now, my question is why do employers derive joy in delaying salaries after the services rendered by their employees?.
For everyone that depends on salary jobs for survival I pray for God favour, trust me salary jobs is nothing but economic slavery, they will use you anyhow they like and dump you , I have seen people been owe two months salary in a hotel o that generate money on daily business I think it's high time we have the right government look into private business owners and how they treat their employees especially those bosses that won't pay their workers salary at all and find stupid excuses to sack the person especially joyville hotel nteje amadiaba the one owned by igada that's what he does.
Re: Salary Payment by candygist: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
progressb4andno:
If this your story is true then you need serious prayers and deliverance from from the spirit of suffering

Black man mentality.
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
MartinsD12:

For everyone that depends on salary jobs for survival I pray for God favour, trust me salary jobs is nothing but economic slavery, they will use you anyhow they like and dump you , I have seen people been owe two months salary in a hotel o that generate money on daily business I think it's high time we have the right government look into private business owners and how they treat their employees especially those bosses that won't pay their workers salary at all and find stupid excuses to sack the person especially joyville hotel nteje amadiaba the one owned by igada that's what he does.

Amen, thanks brother!
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
iamtardey:
And you’re not tearing down dia building already?! You dey play

There is nothing I can do sir than to plead for him to pay up..I'm indeed fed up!
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2023
omolola12345:
How I wish you could have a mindset that you can use to establish your own school. That your Boss advantage over you is that he establish his own school but you cannot do so.
Both of you may have BSc but he is having something that I wish you could have as well. How to stand on your own. You can start from home lessons then from there establish your own private school.

I birthed this idea sometimes back and I think I will have to work on it..Thanks sir!

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kingpele:
Demand your right...u earned it..is not asif he's doing u a favour..search for public school job..private school job is as sure as NEPA light 🚦..u fit lose your job quickly...finally I hope u are not an agbado eater

Thanks bruh!
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
Boldideas:

At least you have hopeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I believe the future is bright

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
It is well my brother, I pray you get a better place to work in... You are a genius...

Thanks brother, I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
Reelmii:
Hmm...3 heavy subject for one person....for 25k.....a private school for that matter......may God remember u sir....how can u even save up for rents for 25k

Swears...I want to use the next mid term break to look for other jobs
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
Wujio:

I can employ you on work from home basis and you can get up to 40,000 Naira working from home by working with me

I will be so interested in that sir..how can I reach you sir??
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
dominique:
Begging format. Those who know know

Maybe probably you've used it before..Have you ever seen me begging here before or have I ever asked you for monetary favours before?? If I have not, maybe you zip it bruh..thanks!

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
cry cry cry
I got employed just last month in the school. I take the senior classes Physics, Biology and Chemistry for a meagre 25k salary. The cost of transportation between my house and the school is #600 to and fro each day. On days I don't have enough cash, I trek to school not minding the inconveniences.

My heart always bleed for teachers when I hear things like this, and because I experienced such treatment first hand when I was serving and looking to earn some extra money. These kind of schools should be banned from operating. Some of them make millions per term.

The saddest part is that 25k is not hard to pay. It is that they intentionally refuse to pay as at when due. I worked in a wicked school with many students and in fact, a single Primary student's fees would have paid four teachers salaries. But no, they can owe for months. You'll receive March salary in mid-June. cry

I feel they do these things intentionally cos it's not as if there's no funds for that
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
Trent18:
One person teaching Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Which kind school be that one.
Which kind exploitation be this na. Na wa o

A great exploitation..but man won't sit at home na, lolz!
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
thatsleepboy1:
May Jehovah be with you.

Amen thanks sir

Bros things are not easy these days, as someone said kindly widen your search for job or remove shame from your face and do daily jobs like dispatch rider etc.

The problem is I don't even know how to ride motorcycle or drive a car..I would love to learn if I have the opportunity..
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
Wisereborn:
Collect the salary for the one wey you don do, leave that work!!!

If you must go through stress, let it be worth it!

If you dey find better teaching work with good pay and no too much exploitation

Look towards island.

With your area of study, they will pay you over 200k

Only extra lesson self go take care of many of your needs

And please stick to only a subject. Your major area of specialization, let them be the one to ask if you can help in taking other which will equally come with extra cost!!!

Give yourself brain then thank me later wink

Thanks brother man, I'm leaving there immediately he pays my salary cos I feel this is how he will continue to do in months to come.

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2023
Chimeluv:
Your salary will be paid and that is how subsequent salaries will be paid, you either hold on to what you have while you look for another or you quit the moment you collect your salary.

Thanks sir
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Sorry for the inconvenience...why not approach the sch management n let them know and understand your plight...dat will go along way to remedy your situation.
25k too small sha..I wish I can assist

I tried meeting him after close of school today but he was just forming busy all through, I just had to go home
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
KingLion007:
I taught more than that.. maths, physics, basic tech, basic science.Just keep pushing the God that liberated me from that bondage will do it for you.

Amen, thanks boss..I tap from that liberation of yours
Re: Salary Payment by Laird(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
Don't speak out of ignorance and don't speak what You don't have evidence of

Do have a great day
Y
NOwazobia:
Hope ona no dey owe salary like the one above?

Many publicly advertised jobs like this are more or less sole proprietorship businesses, and they pay when they so wishes.

If na 5 months later their mind tell them to release your salary, na 5 months later before you go fit chop. πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
Originalsly:

Why wouldn't they be happy to know that they found people to continue working without being paid? The proprietor may pay you but the next payday may be the next 3 months.... 5 months work for 2 months pay .... or the next payday may be the last.

Damn
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
esiri4jesu:
Why not go for part time teaching in the schools and home lessons. The subjects you are into are lucrative and their teachers are not common.

I've received lots of advice on this and I think that's what I will do..Part time teaching!
Thanks for the input sir!

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Exceed15:
Please take up private lesson. It's far better that teaching in all these inconsiderate, wicked selfish schools. All they care about is how to buy more lands to build schools.

Noted sir...thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kenmatt:

Schools started on 14 and you want to be paid because Month has ended, have you worked for a period of one month when you're to be paid monthly? Today's date is still 9th.

Stop being greedy and dishing letters here in order to get pitied.

Maybe when you get a recommended glasses you will begin to read well..
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
sanya4good:
The proprietor is delaying your payment for a reason which is to hold you down.

Maybe the fear of me not leaving the school

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
dominique:

It's because of gullible people like you that serial beggars open multiple accounts to beg. Even before going through his profile I have smelt the disguised begging from afar, if you're "touched" to assist him by all means go ahead. Una bible don kukuma talk am say a fool and his money are soon parted.

90% of people that post stories that touch are serial beggars. Those who know know grin

May you never be in my situation...Mr Perfect
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
For 3core subjects, that pay is too small, is the school not approved (not writing WAEC and other external exam)?
Kindly find another sch, there are schools paying better than that even in remote parts of Lagos.
Don't wait for that money, just find another one and leave. The school will ultimately owe you pay.
Considering that you are taking 3 subjects, with about 3classes taking the subject, you should be able to get 3student fee as pay per month without issues

I'm leaving immediately I get the salary
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
Fatbam005:
Someone is trying to find ways to eat you are here saying spirit of suffering why not dash him 500k to start a business. Pele ooh billion piking . Op everyone gets story to tell it's a matter of time

Thanks boss
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Aguilar:
Only you teach three heavyweights subjects physics, chemistry and biology for just 25k. And you've not been paid last month's salary. What can 25k do?

There's nothing I can do, just to manage the situation and find a better one as time goes on
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
Chemlite:

It is either you are lying or don't know your worth! You can't be teaching three core science subject and be treated like trash in Lagos for that matter.

You better apply in other schools (like two) negotiate for part-time, then resign the heartless proprietor.

It's not about knowing ones worth..I just decided to manage for the time being
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
Opanka44:

I don't believe this post.
You're in Lagos, u have a family and teaching in a private school for 25k a month when u spend 6hundred daily on transport?
You're not saying the Truth bro

Ok bro
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
Opanka44:

That op na thief I swear.

Did I ever steal from you? Do you know me? Please don't ever say these again...I asked a question and never begged anyone..
Re: Salary Payment by Mikedgr8(m): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
jorrey:

Where do you stay? Can you drive with valid drivers license.

No sir, i can't drive...I stay at Ketu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Any Company In Lagos Call BIO POWER? / How To Fix All Npower Physical Verification Venue Issues / Entry Level Vacancies For Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.