Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life (66358 Views)

Avoid This If You Want To Succeed In Your Career. / Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by MAYOWAAK: 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
Betting is not a scam, but the system is rigged to favour the betting companies.

It's not 100% rigged, so clever bettors who aren't greedy usually make steady income from it (Sports betting).

=====

NOTE: This answer is based on Sports betting and might not be applicable to others forms of betting.

====

Another problem why people lose all the time is because they treat it like lottery or like a roll of a dice. Most people see betting as being dependent on luck. That's just fallacy.

There is a little bit of luck in Sports betting but majority of time, it is purely mathematical.

Team A vs Team B

There are three options:

A to Win
Draw
B to Win
This gives you 1/3 chances of winning.

(1÷3) x 100% =33.33%

Meaning you have approximately 33.33% chances of winning a single game.

Accumulate 10 games in a bet slip and your chance of winning becomes:

Total number of accumulator = 10

Total outcome (based on 3-way market) = 3×10 =30

Chances of getting a Win = (1÷30) x 100% = 3.33%

Now 3.33% is close to impossible. It means you will hardly get a win. Most people bet this way, that is why they are unable to win often.

The solution is to avoid being greedy. The higher the number of accumulators, the higher the chances of losing. So stick to singles bet or few accumulators.

You can make risky bet once in a while for the sake of fun, but your main bets should be mathematically sound.

If you cannot avoid greed in sports betting, it will be better to quit. Forget the fake Twitter or Instagram posts telling you they just won 30 millions, 25 millions etc.

Those are just to feed your greed and get you hooked on to Sports betting like drugs. The only people that stays afloat in sports betting are the non greedy ones. Others get drowned in sea of losses. Sport betting is a scary place for greedy folks.

Sorry if my answer is a little bit too strong. There are a lot of Sports betting promoters out there.

They suger-coat a lot of these thing so bigginers don't know what they are getting into and thus end up being decieved. This is the hash truth about football betting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Evergreen4(m): 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2023
Just dey play but stake what you can afford to loose
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Stronghold91: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chijeep:
Betting is a career destroyer, take it or leave it.
IVE NEVER SEEN A GAMBLER THAT NEVER GO BROKE.
Most of them even uses there last card which is meant for feeding to play bet.

If you're a victim of betting try all your best to vindicate yourself from that habit.
Betting sucks success just as termites eat Woods(you won't know it until its finished destroying you)
It'll surely come back to hurt you

SAY NO TO BET

God punish yu
for this useless advice
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Afamsi: 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2023
That thing has turned many promising destinies upside down
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by zoghys: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
haybhi1:
The thing be say this life no just get formula, na to just find wetin dey work for pezin, make pezin stick to am.

Three weeks ago, a guy I know of won 15 millionaire by staking a game of just N300. With 1000, that 15M could've even tripled. At that moment, I really wished I was a gambler. Imagine the turn around that'll follow that. There ade other stories out there too.

I think the key in life is just to never go overboard and always playing safe. Otherwise, life no get formula jare. Like if you dey gamble, always use your brain. Only 10% of your net finance. If you're not one, do something else to improve your life, but within limits. Because even careless businesses have ruined wealthy people.

With carefulness, no one ever loses. Ire o.

I over completely agree with you, if that English is allowed. Limitation is the key. personally I stake just like millions of Nigerians but I don't go overboard, believing I want to make millions that day on betting. I have been lucky enough to win sometimes, but when I don't it no sweat because I didn't take it serious anyway. Moderation and knowing when to stop is a major key to self control on staking games.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by LOVEGINO(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chijeep:

If you're a victim of betting try all your best to vindicate yourself from that habit.
Betting sucks success just as termites eat Woods(you won't know it until its finished destroying you)

SAY NO TO BET
betting is not meant for d poor.
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by LONEWOLFJOHN: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chijeep:

SAY NO TO BET
will they listen?

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Tenshades(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
MAYOWAAK:
Betting is not a scam, but the system is rigged to favour the betting companies.

It's not 100% rigged, so clever bettors who aren't greedy usually make steady income from it (Sports betting).

=====

NOTE: This answer is based on Sports betting and might not be applicable to others forms of betting.

====

Another problem why people lose all the time is because they treat it like lottery or like a roll of a dice. Most people see betting as being dependent on luck. That's just fallacy.

There is a little bit of luck in Sports betting but majority of time, it is purely mathematical.

Team A vs Team B

There are three options:

A to Win
Draw
B to Win
This gives you 1/3 chances of winning.

(1÷3) x 100% =33.33%

Meaning you have approximately 33.33% chances of winning a single game.

Accumulate 10 games in a bet slip and your chance of winning becomes:

Total number of accumulator = 10

Total outcome (based on 3-way market) = 3×10 =30

Chances of getting a Win = (1÷30) x 100% = 3.33%

Now 3.33% is close to impossible. It means you will hardly get a win. Most people bet this way, that is why they are unable to win often.

The solution is to avoid being greedy. The higher the number of accumulators, the higher the chances of losing. So stick to singles bet or few accumulators.

You can make risky bet once in a while for the sake of fun, but your main bets should be mathematically sound.

If you cannot avoid greed in sports betting, it will be better to quit. Forget the fake Twitter or Instagram posts telling you they just won 30 millions, 25 millions etc.

Those are just to feed your greed and get you hooked on to Sports betting like drugs. The only people that stays afloat in sports betting are the non greedy ones. Others get drowned in sea of losses. Sport betting is a scary place for greedy folks.

Sorry if my answer is a little bit too strong. There are a lot of Sports betting promoters out there.

They suger-coat a lot of these thing so bigginers don't know what they are getting into and thus end up being decieved. This is the hash truth about football betting.

You've said it all!
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by camri: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Jefferyhi86:
So me wen I de use 100 naira stake go come go broke.. cool I stake wat I can afford to lose. Devil no fit control me for that, my own stake no de pass 150-200.kalas
You dey fúck ashawo?
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by camri: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl, the worst gambler I know. Come and share your experience. You ve always been an irresponsible girl. I pity your children
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Youngkaro45: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Betting should be for Rich people

Staking 1m on Mancity to win Wolverhampton and dey get around 1.5m

Not staking 100naira on 40 teams to win 2.5m wey go still cut like say no tommor

Ode! Wolves flogged man city, na so 1m go enter nothingham forest, motivational speaker isonu

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chijeep:

SAY NO TO BET

...extricate....
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Oyerinde16(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
If sport betting was a game, people will win... but it's a scam... the wait for you to put money, they know once the cut some important games, more than 90% of stakes will cut... that's why on the day you feel all is set, bayern Munich will lose at home... or man city will lose ...
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by camri: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
This is secondary.
JUST AVOID WOMEN!
That's all.
/
Why? I want to fúck and suck the sweetest pussy
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by camri: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sunnyski:
Betting is better than womanizing and hard drugs.

Take it or leave it!
you are mad. Nothing compares to the pleasure of sucking and fucking pussy
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by tivta(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
I'm very sure seun is the one who posted this on FP, that guy has serious beef with gambling.
The truth is life is all about risks, everything we do is even gambling, insurance? Jobs? Business? Etc
The key to gambling is just make sure you don't spend more than you can't afford to loose.
Eg, instead of carrying Ashley for 10k, use it to gamble, you win you carry her you loose, you forget her, after all *six* is not food.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Desusi: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chijeep:

Seriously it's like there's a devil behind that thing
It takes spiritual eyes to see and wisdom to know that there are demons behind it.Watch the peddlers of this business they make sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Caliph97: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2023
God bless you..you speak sense
haybhi1:
The thing be say this life no just get formula, na to just find wetin dey work for pezin, make pezin stick to am.

Three weeks ago, a guy I know of won 15 millionaire by staking a game of just N300. With 1000, that 15M could've even tripled. At that moment, I really wished I was a gambler. Imagine the turn around that'll follow that. There ade other stories out there too.

I think the key in life is just to never go overboard and always playing safe. Otherwise, life no get formula jare. Like if you dey gamble, always use your brain. Only 10% of your net finance. If you're not one, do something else to improve your life, but within limits. Because even careless businesses have ruined wealthy people.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by reiddecuti: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chijeep:

Seriously it's like there's a devil behind that thing

It's called greed.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by dankorode(m): 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
olisefom:
Best way to avoid it is never to learn about it.
exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Fafesot: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2023
SensualMan:
Avoid yoruba people if u want to succeed in life.

Avoid yoruba people if you want to succeed in life I repeat again!
Agreed.. but if we avoid Yoruba people, who are those we should follow and associate with?
This begs for answer
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by iyke109(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2023
Contesting election and not winning is political gamble
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Ukafor(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Betting responsible is good for me i bet and i won multiple time and i bet online so i calculate my lost and wins, i have a total stake of 50k in the past 4month and i have won a woping 1.2 million in that time frame gambling is great but gamble responsibly

4 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by emmanuelbrown26: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
SensualMan:
Avoid yoruba people if u want to succeed in life.

Avoid yoruba people if you want to succeed in life I repeat again!
Vavulence raise to power
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Subonbon(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2023
haybhi1:

that is what's up....

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by osazsky(m): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
It's part of the 50 m jobs tinubu promised us
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Vlad2023: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
haybhi1:

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Anonymoususher: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Back then as an undergraduate I used to use my little upkeep to play it. Though only once I won 67k but my N100 and N1000 daily sometimes if combined exceeds that 67k I won.

After graduation I started seeing money and began to play 2 odds 5k, 10k, 20k and losing was consistent then I stopped.

I am glad that it's 3yrs now and I don't think I remember how to book games.

I am better with my finances but then I have brothers and a friend who are addicted to it and hoping to win millions one day.

I pray they win their millions because it's already ruining their lives and relationships. They will Be broke but will use last cash to play hoping to win. Their lives is going in circles.

I am glad I was able to overcome the addiction but sad for my brothers and friends

5 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Jeffy1206(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Not staking 100naira on 40 teams to win 2.5m wey go still cut like say no tommor
did mancity win the same wolves you're talking about? 🤔 Nothing is sure in betting. Avoid it completely before you get addicted to it.
Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Dyfynezz12(m): 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Man city lost against wolves 2 weeks ago

In essence nothing is sure in betting. I have played only 2 odds many times with big money nd the game still looses. if u re not destined to get rich through betting u will always loose even if u played an odd of 1.03.
Besiktas last week was a case study

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by UnemployedGradu: 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Re: Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life by Georgejeez: 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
Every young man should celebrate two days in a year .

One his birthday

Second , the day he made a lasting decision to quit betting .

I'm 7 years out of it and have never regretted making that decision ....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

AY Shiga: Incredible Transformation Of A Police Officer (Photos) / To Become A 2nd Lieutenant In Nigerian Army. Benefits / South African Lady Exposes White Boss Sexually Harassing Her At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.