Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? (12109 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / America’s Top 13 Ceos And The Courses They Studied In School (photos) / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by placeofallure(f): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yashita:
Why?

Life is just funny, sometimes I wonder why we struggle to achieve something and end up not using it.

My friend studied engineering, worked in power sector for 4 years, travelled out to teach English language, now working as a marketer for a company 😩😩😩😩😩

Life is funny.

Well different strokes for different folks...I do mine.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Boldideas: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yashita:
Why?

Life is just funny, sometimes I wonder why we struggle to achieve something and end up not using it.

My friend studied engineering, worked in power sector for 4 years, travelled out to teach English language, now working as a marketer for a company 😩😩😩😩😩

Life is funny.

Lack of substanceπŸ˜•

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kukutente23:
β–  Do you doubt now that writing is about abilities? Some of the world's best writers did not study literature or dramatic arts in school. I studied engineering. But i know I'm gifted in writing.
The fact is there's a technical aspect of writing that someone who is gifted may not know of, which he will need the help of those learned in the field for. John Grisham studied law but became famous for his novels based on legal plots. You're obviously oblivious of the fact that writing is an art
Writing is a skill yet even children are writing and selling books to this day while this one waits until when he first compares to John Grisham before he can do the same.
ROFLMAO!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

Still making ridiculous assertions and excuses... grin

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2023
Boldideas:
β–  Lack of substanceπŸ˜•
SImple! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yashita:
Why? Life is just funny, sometimes I wonder why we struggle to achieve something and end up not using it. My friend studied engineering, worked in power sector for 4 years, travelled out to teach English language, now working as a marketer for a company 😩😩😩😩😩 Life is funny.
Your friend is probably confused! This isn't life but a mind that lacks the basics. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kukutente23: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Writing is a skill yet even children are writing and selling books to this day while this one waits until when he first compares to John Grisham before he can do the same.
ROFLMAO!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

Still making ridiculous assertions and excuses... grin
What are you saying now? You're getting things mixed up are you not?
You lack ability to stay on course.
The topic again: "Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University?"
Children have not been to the university sir.
My initial claim: Writing is not a professional skill associated with linguistics" is in response to your claim that linguists should be writers based on their training.
Can you see how far off the mark you are now?

And do you by any chance imply children cannot be skilled?
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kukutente23:
β–  What are you saying now? You're getting things mixed up are you not?
You lack ability to stay on course. The topic again: "Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University?"
Children have not been to the university sir.
My initial claim: Writing is not a professional skill associated with linguistics" is in response to your claim that linguists should be writers based on their training. Can you see how far off the mark you are now? And do you by any chance imply children cannot be skilled?
So a Linguistic graduate can get a transcription job or even a technical writing job but somehow writing is not a professional skill associated with Linguistics? grin

How can an engineering graduate say that? cheesy

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kukutente23: 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So a Linguistic graduate can get a transcription job or even a technical writing job but somehow writing is not a professional skill associated with Linguistics? grin

How can an engineering graduate say that? cheesy

Do you know what transcription is? How does that relate to writing?
Technical Writing is a broad term. Almost everyone who has come in contact with tertiary education will have done Technical writing. It is not particular to a certain profession.
Your obvious confusion is like claiming a mechanical engineer can do the job of a mechatronics engineer. Both sound alike but are wide apart.
Consult Google and you'll understand better.

And what is the business of engineering with linguistics or writing?
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Pootle: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
a country where minister of sport is a pharmacist so what do you expect
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kukutente23:
β–  Do you know what transcription is? How does that relate to writing?
Technical Writing is a broad term. Almost everyone who has come in contact with tertiary education will have done Technical writing. It is not particular to a certain profession. Your obvious confusion is like claiming a mechanical engineer can do the job of a mechatronics engineer. Both sound alike but are wide apart. Consult Google and you'll understand better. And what is the business of engineering with linguistics or writing?
No need to continue fighting me... you can please go back to staying in the box that is you abeg! I have wasted enough of my morning on this and am ready to move on to more productive things now. grin
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by RosyIsBlessed: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
I'm glad my job is directly related to what I studied.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kukutente23: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No need to continue fighting me... you can please go back to staying in the box that is you abeg! I have wasted enough of my morning on this and am ready to move on to more productive things now. grin
Learn to stay on topic next time
You just kept diverting and rambling aimlessly.
It was a sorry sight
Have a good day ahead
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by iramure(m): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
Because learnt absolutely nothing....
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2023
iramure:
Because learnt absolutely nothing....
You didn't read the books at all? grin
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by iramure(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You didn't read the books at all? grin
even if they did, it was absolutely abstract.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
iramure:
β–  even if they did, it was absolutely abstract.
Huh? undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by yordha(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What was your major in college? undecided
Mathematics
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
yordha:
Mathematics
And you don't know what you can do with it, even if you have to start it at first as a hobby while living with your parents until you can later on grow it into a business? undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by jojothaiv(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
I'll not say I'm fortunate because if I'm being truthful to myself, medicine was my anthem until nigga sat for JAMB thrice and decide enough is enough, switched to architecture and it's been one hell of ride.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Telegram234(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
iLegendd:
A wise man knows a university degree is only to avoid insult and mockery in the future from "name-callers" and to make parents or future children proud.

The real deal is money and wisdom β€” you can get them out of school premises. With this, a wise man doesn't focus on making money with his degree, but making his family proud with it.
Boss where u go since.
Anyways I am hoping to see your new topics about cryptos since the country don go beyond repair and most esp topics about ladies cheesy
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by KIDfurniture(m): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Studied computer and info science .. I’m into building houses today for the past 6 years

Yashita:
Why?

Life is funny.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
KIDfurniture:
Studied computer and info science .. I’m into building houses today for the past 6 years
Why? undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by phemmyfour: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yashita:
Why?

Life is funny.
Engineering field is political, you have to join the association or Engineering body of each Country you find yourself to be able to practice
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by VIKTO83(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Only if the government can return to d days of Technical schools.
Then u will earn from what u studied.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
VIKTO83:
Only if the government can return to d days of Technical schools.
Then u will earn from what u studied.
Rubbish! What did those technical schools produce except zombies programmed only to think one way and no other way? Abegi! The government should not waste money on such things at all. Rather, educational funds should be channeled into teaching critical and creative thinking and reasoning skills from the kindergarten level at current institutions. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by SommzyGlobal: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
because what we study no get better job offering in nigeria
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
SommzyGlobal:
because what we study no get better job offering in nigeria
Na lie! undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by bukiah: 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kukutente23:

Not in Nigeria sha
A sitting gov once cancelled teaching of languages in public schools.
He said anyone who wants to learn any language should meet their parents
I know you are referring to baba omo kekeke. Baba AkandeπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by EBUBS(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2023
iLegendd:
A wise man knows a university degree is only to avoid insult and mockery in the future from "name-callers" and to make parents or future children proud.

The real deal is money and wisdom β€” you can get them out of school premises. With this, a wise man doesn't focus on making money with his degree, but making his family proud with it.

Bro what's your Twitter handle
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by muhammadhan19: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Be right back
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Damian911: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
iLegendd:

All hail thee The Legend
Mentor to millions and me
Honestly I do enjoy all of your posts and topics
I believe you're one of the greatest men in this digital age cos your teachings have inspired many. Many thanks to the people responsible for your existence.
Once again shine on, ILEGENDD the Great!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by RPG2020(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2023
is because school don't teach dreams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem / Obiano Raises Anambra Workers’ Salaries By 15 Per Cent / 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.