Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? (12110 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / America’s Top 13 Ceos And The Courses They Studied In School (photos) / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Desusi: 4:39am On Oct 12, 2023
Nigeria factor and ojukokoro!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by KIDfurniture(m): 7:08am On Oct 12, 2023
If you check well most of them are my yorubas ! Yes most of my Yoruba fams settled for less. I refused to settle for dry cleaning cleaning biz, furniture buying & selling ; I pushed myself further today I give God all the glory. What I do is stressful but it is worth it. I have 3 projects im handling everyday. Imagining touching all 3 everyday. Different locations. It’s not for a weak man.

Kobojunkie:
Good to know! Most Nigerians simply settle for whatever comes their way as you can evidently see from responses on this thread. Na anywhere life throws them dem go land! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See this one regurgitating the bullsheet fed to him by his pastors and mogs, this after being caught insisting it is all magically handed to some and not others. So people who work hard are not some of the smartest at the end of the day? undecided

Isn't creativity what smartness is really about at the end of the day? Isn't working hard to ensure you achieve your goal using all means necessary the foundation of success for most? undecided

Nigerians ehn! undecided

Hard work will be yours. If that is your wish
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:15am On Oct 12, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy

Dae play

Where will a biochemistry graduate like me find a practing job in Nigeria?

Na infotech person dae do currently

Haaa great metabolite I hail you oo
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by remsonik(f): 9:57am On Oct 12, 2023
Well Universities here in Nigeria are only for business and not real study. Why is the University selling a course not marketable to the people. I regret studying computer science which everyone wants me to study which I prefer the health line or anything related to research.
Time is gone,wish to turn back the hands of time
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by achimendy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2023
Yashita:
Why?

Life is just funny, sometimes I wonder why we struggle to achieve something and end up not using it.

My friend studied engineering, worked in power sector for 4 years, travelled out to teach English language, now working as a marketer for a company 😩😩😩😩😩

Life is funny.

Because we where not properly guided and counselled on what to study before seeking admission. When we where young they advise us to apply for course that is marketable and can easily get us jobs, instead of telling to us to go for our passion, and something more related to our skill.

I'll never make such mistake with my children.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kokoebapluse:
■ Hard work will be yours. If that is your wish
See what I mean? Entitlement mentality... so you don't want to work hard but rather wait for life to give you... only you can save yourself from that nonsense reasoning. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
remsonik:
■ Well Universities here in Nigeria are only for business and not real study. Why is the University selling a course not marketable to the people.
■ I regret studying computer science which everyone wants me to study which I prefer the health line or anything related to research.
Time is gone,wish to turn back the hands of time
For importantly, why is you buying a course that you believe not to be marketable to people?

2. What? You studied computer science and you claim it is not marketable? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2023
KIDfurniture:
If you check well most of them are my yorubas ! Yes most of my Yoruba fams settled for less. I refused to settle for dry cleaning cleaning biz, furniture buying & selling ; I pushed myself further today I give God all the glory. What I do is stressful but it is worth it. I have 3 projects im handling everyday. Imagining touching all 3 everyday. Different locations. It’s not for a weak man.
Many Nigerian graduates want success but none of the hardwork that goes along with bringing it to fruition. No wonder the country hires expat graduates of many of the same field's Nigerians consider non marketable to do the same work Nigerians are mentally unskilled enough to. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See what I mean? Entitlement mentality... so you don't want to work hard but rather wait for life to give you... only you can save yourself from that nonsense reasoning. undecided

I have wish you all what you wish yourself. Hard work will follow you wherever you go. I wish you all what you wish yourself.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kokoebapluse:
■ I have wish you all what you wish yourself. Hard work will follow you wherever you go. I wish you all what you wish yourself.
But I never asked for your useless wishes. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But I never asked for your useless wishes. undecided

OK am sorry.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by KIDfurniture(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
We’re bleeped

Kobojunkie:
Many Nigerian graduates want success but none of the hardwork that goes along with bringing it to fruition. No wonder the country hires expat graduates of many of the same field's Nigerians consider non marketable to do the same work Nigerians are mentally unskilled enough to. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
KIDfurniture:
We’re bleeped
The good thing is the problem, in my opinion, can be reversed. The bad is the facilities and resources are sparse and the general mentality of Nigerians when it comes to growing their minds remains the biggest setback. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ah we re still bleeped sir. What is the way forward for us? You can’t even set up a company & employ Nigerians without regretting it in the shortest period of time.

Kobojunkie:
The good thing is the problem, in my opinion, can be reversed. The bad is the facilities and resources are sparse and the general mentality of Nigerians when it comes to growing their minds remains the biggest setback. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
KIDfurniture:
Ah we re still bleeped sir. What is the way forward for us? You can’t even set up a company & employ Nigerians without regretting it in the shortest period of time.
I can completely understand that from where I am. I am afraid the only way forward is Re-education. undecided
Re: Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? by meobizy(f): 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I can completely understand that from where I am. I am afraid the only way forward is Re-education. undecided
“Life is Short. Make Sure You Spend As Much Time As Possible on the Internet Arguing with Strangers.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem / Obiano Raises Anambra Workers’ Salaries By 15 Per Cent / 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.