Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising (24318 Views)

Fuel Hits N1,000 Per Litre As Scarcity Bites Harder In Kaduna / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by fx45(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2023
Beremx:
Gas is cheaper in Kano than Lagos. Imagine!
The last time I bought gas was two months ago when it was 700naira. I'm about going to buy gas because it finished last night, this time with anger and frustration.
Seems Tinubu's government is not concerned.
Na Kano you dey?

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by CodeTemplar: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2023
Bayyajidda:

But you told us to trust Tinubu's hand, so why try to shift the buck?
This is a forum with quote function. A quote of what you are talking about will do me, you and the public lots of good.
I am waiting....
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by CooldipoMPS: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2023
If you can invest in big solar setup, it can cover your gas need, like mine. I am a power solution expert

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Chetas81(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2023
WHO CARES, ENJOY YOUR RIDE,AWON ONIRANU CITIZEN
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by reddingtonblack: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2023
No wonder someone avoids female sellers in her area, men nd charity lipsrsealed where i wan see 1200 bayii

i for don convert to fire wood tey tey if i dey pocohantas area naa to just dey enter bush, person wey get head no just get cap undecided
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by motionarena: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2023
Beremx:
Gas is cheaper in Kano than Lagos. Imagine!
The last time I bought gas was two months ago when it was 700naira. I'm about going to buy gas because it finished last night, this time with anger and frustration.
Seems Tinubu's government is not concerned.

Guess u live alone 4 ur gas to last 2 months.

12.5 kg finish within 3 weeks in my house
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by maasoap(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
The level of hardship wasn't even up to a 10th of the situation now, before Soyinka and Co hit the streets in massive protests.
Now they are all silent because their tribesman is in power.

The major problem of this corn3 is the senseless tribalism of Yorubas.

Coward! You are waiting for Yorubas to lead you and your elders in a protest as usual. grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by reddingtonblack: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2023
happney65:
Did my 12.5 KG at 950 just last week. Saw places this morning selling for as high as 1100.

Actually I think this would come done soon sha as they have promised to remove VAT on Diesel as I think it's the cost o Diesel transportation that has made it high. I think this might be the cause of it.

I might be wrong though.

Scarcity is the problem they've mentioned so far, transport can"t trigger such hike
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by maasoap(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2023
And for the fact that the fuel subsidy removal is biting hard on people, electricity is not regularly supplied, people do not have any other means to cook than gas; it is now becoming what they cannot afford and it therefore means our forest will suffer for it.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by bentenny(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2023
Renewed hopelessness!
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by SURVBenedict01(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2023
When will you people stop criticizing this Yoruba person for what you are known for Why is your tribe so bitter and hypocritical in behaviour as if it is only the Igbo vote that won Lagos for Obi and the SE votes can't be enough for him to become President. Better get used to it cause he still has more years to be your President
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by happney65: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Scarcity is the problem they've mentioned so far, transport can"t trigger such hike

It says it is due to the high cost of Diesel. The trucks using to transport it use Diesel and the FG recently put VAT on Diesel which has made it more expensive.

FG agreed in it's recent meetings with Labour to remove the VAT for 6 months. So we see if it will cause a reduction

But mi o gbo iru e ri. Make Gas sef dey scarce like PMS? cheesy wink

What Bulabalu cannot do does not exist o
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by CodeTemplar: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2023
Ventura1:
Nothing is constant
You can't be happy that crude oil prices are increasing, while lamenting increase in prices of the derivatives.
gas is gotten separately from crude oil.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by reddingtonblack: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2023
harsysky:

If I were not given birth to in lagos and had no reasonable yoruba friends, I would be of the opinion that they are cursed. Even with their level of education, most of them think like fools. I love the yoruba friends I have; they reason well. Life shouldn't be about my tribe ruling; it should be about who would make more impact at the moment even if it is a reasonable northerner.

Are you naturally silly or you are just being deliberate, what as "Yoruba" got to do with the rot rooted in Nigeria system.
Yoruba states are just 6 of which Tinubu won 4, can that four state be the reason he is president today
Need i remind you our IGBo brothers gave 5 of 5 states to Peter Obi, if election was by tribe then Peter oBi should have won.

Even although i acknowledge Tinubu is fumbling, few month of a 4yrs tenure is too early to write the govt off, its also imperative to note that one hand can't carry a filled bucket to the head.

if Nigeria go better we all must work towards it
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by reddingtonblack: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2023
happney65:

It says it is due to the high cost of Diesel. The trucks using to transport it use Diesel and the FG recently put VAT on Diesel which has made it more expensive.

FG agreed in it's recent meetings with Labour to remove the VAT for 6 months. So we see if it will cause a reduction

But mi o gbo iru e ri. Make Gas sef dey scarce like PMS? cheesy wink

What Bulabalu cannot do does not exist o

Transportation is not the problem, gas scarce i have people in that line

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Finestgurlie(f): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2023
and omenka Corrinthians is hating igbos

e no go better for Tinubu supporters
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by hatchy(f): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
The level of hardship wasn't even up to a 10th of the situation now, before Soyinka and Co hit the streets in massive protests.
Now they are all silent because their tribesman is in power.

The major problem of this corn3 is the senseless tribalism of Yorubas.
That scam of wanderer from the Congo called Oduduwa. The people from his descendants are cowards, forgers, and miscreants.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by eunisam: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2023
TONY042:
make we kuku sell the country, make all man collect him share

Not the solution sir
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by emorse(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2023
lazkizz:
I normally tell people that nigerians are the problem them selves .

everybody thinks his smart and always in a hiest to increase the price of Goods and service he or she sells/provide .

just imagine buying ordinary broom for 500# .

or having to pay a f*ucking lazy tout 500# Daily just to access road to your work. mind you he isnt a govt worker nor does he construst or maintain the road.

that's why the north will always have cheaper standard of living than the south.

even at the alarming price of gas , I know that you can compare the price of Enugu to that of kano.

Because the north are far considerate than their southern counterpart .

we Nigerians citizens need a total Orientation and overhauling .

It's called inflation bro. And it's not Nigerians alone. It's a forced behaviour. When there's an increase in prices in one sector, it automatically extends to other sectors because no sector is self sufficient. They're all interdependent. If the price of rice goes up, the bread seller has to increase his prices so that he too can afford to buy rice.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by nedekid: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2023
phr0nesis:

I'm not sure Nigerians can ever learn. Buhari's first term should have taught us a lesson, but we went ahead and voted him a second time. Tinubu said he will continue where Buhari stopped; an indication that the hardship will continue, but he ended up winning the election.
He even went as far as saying youth will eat ewa, garri, cassava etc, people praised him.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Banbanna(m): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2023
At least you could make excuses for Abacha which was hit with international sanctions of various kinds for being a military regime. But this one just use their so called subsidy removal take cause katakata all around
lokotamak:
But why this present government come be like Abacha government.
Na so everythings hard that time
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by luckingto50: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:
This is sad for a country sitting on one of the world's largest gas deposits. To even afford cooking gas is a luxury. Are we to go back to the days of firewood and coal burners?!

And it's not even December yet.

Even the firewood and charcoal is very expensive. I single fire as at December last year was 200 now it could be different.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by InvertedHammer: 11:22am On Oct 11, 2023
/
Nigerians are willing to suffer silently as long as oppressor is from their region. Even if gas hits N2000/kg, some people would rather jump into 3rd Mainland bridge to end it all than admit publicly that someone from their region is a dunce.

The same thing happened during Buhari's wasted 8 years. Boko Haram was slaughtering people in Katsina yet the indigene were still worshipping Buhari.

/

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Konjiboii: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2023
Una never see anything, the suffer go pass Buhari x 1000000 , Yoruba ronu bastards over to you.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Konjiboii: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Are you naturally silly or you are just being deliberate, what as "Yoruba" got to do with the riot rooted in Nigeria system.
Yoruba states are just 6 which Tinubu won 4, can that four state be the reason he is president today
Need i remind you our IGBo brothers gave 5 of 5 states to Peter Obi, if election was by tribe then Peter oBi should have won.

Even although i acknowledge Tinubu is fumbling, few month of a 4yrs tenure is too early to write the govt off, its also imperative to note that one hand can't carry a filled bucket to the head.

if Nigeria go better we all must work towards it

Oh shut the hell up
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by codedtony(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2023
Newdawn30:
I remember when gas price crashed to 600 after the removal of subsidy and how agbado people where praising Tinubu calling him a genius. Attributing the reduced price as a win for the administration

What happened?

I feel like this man is a world bank agent, and wants to kill off the poor. How do the poor and Vulnerable in the society survive this harsh economy?

i though i was the only one that thought of this. like his economic advisors are from the IMF sad
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Donkonyon: 11:30am On Oct 11, 2023
I want to put it to all political leaders that Nigeria economy is too fragile for total deregulation, there must be price controls on all essential commodities and Fx, or else , I see Nigeria economy collapsing completely between now and December.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Ventura1: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2023
What of LPG?
CodeTemplar:
gas is gotten separately from crude oil.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by rulin247: 11:48am On Oct 11, 2023
lazkizz:
I normally tell people that nigerians are the problem them selves .

everybody thinks his smart and always in a hiest to increase the price of Goods and service he or she sells/provide .

just imagine buying ordinary broom for 500# .

or having to pay a f*ucking lazy tout 500# Daily just to access road to your work. mind you he isnt a govt worker nor does he construst or maintain the road.

that's why the north will always have cheaper standard of living than the south.

even at the alarming price of gas , I know that you can compare the price of Enugu to that of kano.

Because the north are far considerate than their southern counterpart

we Nigerians citizens need a total Orientation and overhauling .

Oga shut up. The South Eastern region is heavily taxed by the FG more than the North
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by phr0nesis(m): 11:56am On Oct 11, 2023
nedekid:

He even went as far as saying youth will eat ewa, garri, cassava etc, people praised him.
Lol
Even with the renewed shege we are seeing, I'd!ots are still cheering him up.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by Peaceworld(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2023
Nigerians are wicked. There's no scarcity of anything.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising by comrChris(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2023
And labour union is busy announcing and cancelling strike
Useless people
Useless country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ohakim Slaps Wife In Public / PDP Compiling List Of APC Governors, Candidates Facing Corruption Charges –metuh / 19 Militants Held As NAF Jets Destroy Four Camps In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.