Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,387 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Alright It's ok - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Alright It's ok (7964 Views)

3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alright It's ok by prefers555: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
Guys, dont bother, wat u have been infected with is not HIV, but CANCER OF THE SCROTUM. Thank your stars grin grin grin
Re: Alright It's ok by kinguwem: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2011
It is rather surprising that despite all the enlightenment programmes on HIV/AIDS you're still ignorant on how to prevent transmission of the infection.
The first step is to avoid unprotected sex. Use condoms for casual sex. All sexual partners must be screened for HIV infection. The risk of transmission of HIV infection through sexual intercourse is about 1/1000. For a person that is newly infected, it takes about 3 months for the rapid test to be positive.
In conclusion always know your HIV status and that of your partner before commencement of a sexual relationship. Abstinence is still the best way of prevention. Mutual fidelity is another option. However, whenever in doubt, proper use of a reliable condom could prevent transmission of infection.
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
@wolverine
u r hilarious
Re: Alright It's ok by xwolverine: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ehie

honesty they say "is the best policy". The dude forgot he left some tracks that could be traceable. He came here to paint a different picture. I hope and pray nothing bad comes out of this and he tests negative. But sometimes, the truth might help to set you free.

hope he has learnt a valuable lesson.

Does the phrase "second chance" ring a bell?
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
true
Re: Alright It's ok by SuyaEater(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
As a nurse your symptoms seems to be some other form of STI's. You are normally asymptomatic during the early signs of hiv. The headaches, pains, fever, thrush can be signs of symptoms of many things. Go get a blood test and test for all sexually transmitted infections

You can't have hiv after 18 days of intimate intercourse it will take months. You need to tell your dr to give you some anti biotics and make sure you finish every single pill of that medication.
Re: Alright It's ok by almoner(m): 12:00am On Oct 25, 2011
Better get anti retro-viral to keep alive. There is no duplicate to life man!
Re: Alright It's ok by MisterMan(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2011
You really have yourself to blame. How could you have casual / unprotected sex with somebody you barely know. Anyway, have you written your will? When you pass thru the pearly gate, send my best wishes to my mama thru Saint Peter.
Re: Alright It's ok by MrCork17: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2011
jonath0012:

Hi nairaland users, each time i remember d day i met dis girl i always shed tears. she actually came to write jamb in my sch campus wen i saw her. i really fell in luv with her at first sight. a few weks after we met we started dating. she set a boundary no sex until marriage i agreed with her since iBve not Were Intimate bf i thought it would be so easy to keep d promise. she came to my house on 2 occassion though i tried to av sex with her but she refused.   on the fateful day, she called me on phone dat she feels like spending a night with smbody i told her jokinly to go to her ex house but got upset. eventually she said she would spend 2 night with me and i agreed. we had unprotected sex dat 2 nights. dat was d beginnig of my woes. a weks afta i realized my mistake. during dis period she changed her atitude to me and dat gave me clues dat she must av done smtin wrong to me. i suspected it was hiv so i went for test. 2 nights weks after d sex. d test was negative so o was asked to come back for confirmation. i wanted to approach her with dis but got there wrer not enough evidence. at same time i fell sick . i had read d symptons of acute hiv on d internet so i recognize d symptons to be hiv though no evidence. i decided to play along until i av enough clues. there was a time i was conplaining about my health prob to her; she just jokinly said av i caught d virus dat didnt i know dat she had hiv bf i slept with her. maybe because i took it serious she later said it was a joke.dis is where my suspecion was confirmed though i did not tell her i've earlier gone for d test. because of acute persistence of d symptons i lied to her dat doc has order hiv test. i watched her reaction & saw dat it was non chalant though she encourage me to go for d test.i expected her to be scared but she wasn't. later i told her d result was positive and watched her reactn. at first she did not take it serous later she asked dat she see d result bf she do d test with me? i showed her d test i did 2 weks after d sex. wen she saw dat it was negative she refuse to do it with me saying i lied to her. we r now far away from each other. i called her yesterday to do d test where she is so ddat i know d nature of my illlness cos i've been ill fir almost 2 months now and d symptons poit to hiv. she text me d result was negative. she later called me on phone to curse and abuse me for accussing her wrongly. i know she did not i d test. now she has agreed to do d test with me.if  d result is positive she will pretend she was not aware,  pls advice me on how to prosecute her.

Bro No worries. Fear of the mind will only make you feel ill and even worse. You have konogorea and it can be cured wink
Re: Alright It's ok by Ggee(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
Bros, stop putting yourself under stress. From your explanation, the possibility of HIV is low.
You never can tell, the girl might be telling you the truth.
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 31, 2011
sauer:

sauer? can I help you? you stalking me or what? kiss
Re: Alright It's ok by manmustwac(m): 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
MisterMan:

You really have yourself to blame. How could you have casual / unprotected sex with somebody you barely know. Anyway, have you written your will? When you pass thru the pearly gate, send my best wishes to my mama thru Saint Peter.
its not a joking matter. It could happen to anybody.
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
Misterman
Ur oen time sef must come. No escaping it. U'll be able to greet urself.
Re: Alright It's ok by Eiregirl(f): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Bro No worries. Fear of the mind will only make you feel ill and even worse. You have [b]konogorea [/b]and it can be cured wink

What is that grin
Re: Alright It's ok by smallz90(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2011
Give ur life 2 Christ , GOD owns all
Re: Alright It's ok by manmustwac(m): 1:14am On Dec 01, 2011
Seriously speaking I fit mud the babe of it happened to me angry
Re: Alright It's ok by Outstrip(f): 2:44am On Dec 01, 2011
It's hard to understand what you wrote but I think you are saying that you have not actually received a positive test yet you want to sue someone for infecting you with the virus. Are you sure you are alright. It looks like you have already driven yourself crazy.
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 01, 2011
hmmm OP,
I hope you are not lying!
Re: Alright It's ok by manmustwac(m): 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
Outstrip:

It's hard to understand what you wrote but I think you are saying that you have not actually received a positive test yet you want to sue someone for infecting you with the virus. Are you sure you are alright. It looks like you have already driven yourself crazy.
are you referring to me striptease girl? angry Am not HIV+ I always play safe and I wouldn't sue anybody who purposely passed the virus to me I'd do a lot worse.
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 02, 2011
i am AMAZED at the amount of "seemingly" intelligent NL brothas/sistas who have absolutely NO CLUE about this disease.

most people will have their first symptoms (generally flu/mono like symptoms) within 2 to 4 weeks after initial exposure, sometimes even 1week. this period is called PRIMARY/ACUTE HIV INFECTION. these symptoms will last from a few days to a month and then disappear (or not) BUT it doesnt change the important fact that this may be confirmation that you have the disease.

symptoms include:
FEVER
FLU
FATIGUE
MOUTH ULCER
DIARRHEA
STIFFNESS
SKIN RASH
NAUSEA
VOMITING
HEADACHES/MIGRAINE
SORE THROAT
SWOLLEN LYMPH GLAND
etc

within 2 to 3 weeks after exposure, a NAT/P24 antigen test can give a positive result (way before the common antibody test)

also, if someone is indeed careless and have s[b]e[/b]x without condoms, there is a HIV "morning after pill" or PEP as it is commonly known (P[/b]ost [b]E[/b]xposure [b]P[/b]rophylaxis). the window period for it to be effective is within 72 hrs after exposure (but the earlier taken the better) and it can surely save your life. this pill is mostly for people working in areas where there is a higher chance of being infected like hospital etc but members of the general public can also buy it, if they believe they've been exposed to the virus. its a cocktail of 2-3 pills  taken for about 4weeks. although it is NOT cheap, better be safe than sorry.

[b]EDUCATE YOURSELVES BROTHAS & SISTAS

@poster
there is ONLY one way to confirm if a person do have the disease or not, and thats by getting a POSITIVE test.

you are putting so much energy on blaming/punishing the gal while you should focus on whats POSITIVE here. stay strong and enjoy your life rather than spending the little energy you have in blaming others, who clearly dont give a damn about you.

surround yourself with people who care about you and BE STRONG, look at all the time you have already wasted assuming the worst when all could be just a wrong assumption.
Re: Alright It's ok by Mobinga: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2012
I just remembered this thread, was the OP really serious? Damn cry
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Alright It's ok by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
mm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Date A Broke Man / What Do You Dislike About Your Boyfriend/girlfriend? / Woman Confronts Her Husband's Gay Lover But Got A Shocking Reply From Him (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.