Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong (44164 Views)

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? / My Boyfriend's F1 visa Was Approved Today / My UK Summer Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by thatigboman: 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
AntiWailer:
UK will give you sensible reasons for rejecting your Visa application unlike other retards,
UK will go through your documents wella.
I remember when I wanted to go for holidays to UK last year. At the collection centre, people were attaching all documents on earth. Me I just attached my company's letter of introduction and my 6 month bank statement. The lady ask 'is that all?' I say yes. In about 2 weeks, they sent me mail that visa was approved. I booked for my passport to be mailed to me and they did. And I went, spent the 2 weeks I told them I would spend and came back.
Next time I apply, they wount have any difficulty giving me again.

11 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by MT: 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

Spending just 5 days in UK, especially when you have not traveled before seems unrealistic..

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by MasterTee007: 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2023
Send email to idagbaempowermentfoundation@gmail.com....Be ready to provide more proofs and detailed cost of medication. Funds wont be given to you...but a coordinator will make findings and buy on your behalf if genuine.

Franklinikediob:
Please have mercy on me and assist me to get my drugs. Am having seizures

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Peppysco: 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
SmartyPants:

I strongly doubt on the balance of probabilities (beyond a shadow of a doubt really) grin that this fellow was being genuine.

Were you the British case officer that denied him? Asking because that your grammar explaining the reason for the rejection too strong.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by thatigboman: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
osaudu:

A return ticket maybe
no. UK embassy say you should not make travel arrangements before applying for visa. U only buy ticket when your visa has been granted.

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by hrykanu231(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

Lol, you supported BAT and you want to Japa...this is stage one, stage two is for the evil you support to happen to you. You will suffer the effect of a forged certificate and druggie

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
If a company I worked for was willing to spend 7 times what they paid me every month plus the cost of airfare, lodging, and per diem on a 5 day trip, I would be asking for a raise immediately because they have money to burn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Truthshotcrazy: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2023
cool
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by AmazingELixir: 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2023
undecided

That first point they gave is as hopeless a reason as I've ever seen...how can comparison of one's salary to the training expenses be a basis for disqualification...7 times bigger indeed.

Op didn't your company give you a covering letter from the body conducting the training?

The actual fact is that European countries are now weary of Nigerians especially these japa fever enveloping the country....they're always on the look out for the slightest reason to turn down visa applications.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mindlog: 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
AmazingELixir:
undecided

That first point they gave is as hopeless a reason as I've ever seen...how can comparison of one's salary to the training expenses be a basis for disqualification...7 times bigger indeed.

Op didn't your company give you a covering letter from the body conducting the training?

The actual fact is that European countries are now weary of Nigerians especially these japa fever enveloping the country....they're always on the look out for the slightest reason to turn down visa applications.

There are red flags all over that visa application, that is a japa package and the High Commission rightly spotted it quickly.

4 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by SmartyPants(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
Peppysco:

Were you the British case officer that denied him? Asking because that your grammar explaining the reason for the rejection too strong.

Abeg grin People like these, assuming he is really as fake as I believe, are the people giving us a bad name abroad. This guy's story is clearly filled with too many questionable positions. Which Nigerian company is going to spend all that money on a 5-day training for a low-ranking staff whose salary is less than 400k?

To attend such short training you ought to already be a high-level expert at something very technical. Definitely not a 350k salary earner.
And what training is this that can't be done online anyway?

4 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I don't understand why you are asking this question.

I mean the officer wasn't writing in Greek. It's plain simple English.

You didn't give sufficient details. As simple as that. And they were even quite explicit as to their reasons.

What else do you want? Go to your company. If you have a protocol officer, that's his job.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by chaloskyx: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
for one its just training so you should not be bothered in the future you can tell your employer to make all trainings in the UK virtual afterall its the knowledge you want now unless......😉😉😉
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by godwon01(m): 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2023
Correct the reasons why the visa was not given and appeal their decision. If you argue it well , you will be given during review. Secondly, be very careful when you are coming to the UK. Given you visa is not an automatic entry into the UK. They are sending a lot of people back at the point of entry. Be prepare to answer all the questions by the UK immigration. They will still ask you questions as if you are attending visa interview. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Kingbuhari(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
U don vote APC won run away , God go deny all Ur possible future visa application in Jesus name Amen 🙏
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by SmartyPants(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

So do I. When I saw that the person in London who supposedly sent the invitation addressed it to the Consoler general, I chuckled—and I know that the officer did too. Reading further to make a decision was unnecessary. 😂

Didn't even pick up on that. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by CaptMarvel(m): 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
7 times your monthly salary, hahahahaha that's very funny ehh. Somebody laff with me jere 🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Vision101(m): 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2023
This is japa packaged. Though done wrongly. Oga raise enough money for £20,000 tuition. Add living cost and apply for study visa. They will grant you visa.

The UK are into business. They don't do bad business. This your package na bad business.

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Treasure17(m): 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba....it's not the amount of backing...no amount of paper work will make it fly......it's the company itself that the embassy doesn't trust couple with the fact that those case workers are always on beast mode...

..... U know how many CAC registered mushroom companies are out there with websites and official email ?? Let's not go into details ...

Embassies cannot see the application of a staff of NNLG or Deloitte, PWC or Exxon and refuse..even Commercial banks, cos they are well known

The packaging was probably too bogus and .these embassy pple too can spot an arrangee from miles way....

They probably used a very bulky salary for the OP to make seem like a high earner will return to nigeria...but sadly....times 7 of that amount looked too bogus for one small unknown mushroom organization to spend on one Kazeem adewale

Lol. You funny but why involved kazeem. grin

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by shurlermoz(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Well, you have a point but my salary is not bogus.

Besides, a company that is 12 years old with presence in 5 African countries that has almost all the banks as customers cannot be said to be mushroom

You sef think am na, which compny will be spending x7 of monthly salary for 5days training in another continent?
The packaging get k leg.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by shurlermoz(m): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
SmartyPants:

Abeg grin People like these, assuming he is really as fake as I believe, are the people giving us a bad name abroad. This guy's story is clearly filled with too many questionable positions. Which Nigerian company is going to spend all that money on a 5-day training for a low-ranking staff whose salary is less than 400k?

To attend such short training you ought to already be a high-level expert at something very technical. Definitely not a 350k salary earner.
And what training is this that can't be done online anyway?

Na for there gangan dem catch OP.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
godwon01:
Correct the reasons why the visa was not given and appeal their decision. If you argue it well , you will be given during review. Secondly, be very careful when you are coming to the UK. Given you visa is not an automatic entry into the UK. They are sending a lot of people back at the point of entry. Be prepare to answer all the questions by the UK immigration. They will still ask you questions as if you are attending visa interview. Good luck

Yes, being granted the visa is actually the easy part. People don’t realize how many people get turned around at the point of entry. Imagine getting sent back to where you started from after spending all that time and money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by EnglishUsa: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The spelling and general grammatical errors in this letter alone would raise suspicion. I’m just being honest with you here.
when I saw dear sirs" in the application I chuck back to my shell.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by EnglishUsa: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Hmmmmm.... Strange because the drafter is an English man
my brother when you want to travel get a good traveling agent.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
EnglishUsa:
when I saw dear sirs" in the application I chuck back to my shell.

🤣
That’s how the Yahoo emails begin.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by FemiZets(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
Procedural error in your application, particularly with regard to the cost of the training not been a positive correlation with your income. The refusal letter read that you cannot appeal but you can. Though, your chances of getting a UK visa after a refusal is around 50%, depending on the complexity of your case. But not appealing can possess a surreptitious outcome to any future application.

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?[/quote]
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by ufotunang: 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2023
They reject it because you want to Japa 🙄
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Allisgud: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2023
Oga u cannot escape,we go follow soak dis garri
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Faithy04: 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2023
Just pray
I believe with God all things are possible
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by juman(m): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2023
They talked about your salary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / My Heavy Traffic Experience In Onitsha Today (Photos ) / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.