Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,638 members, 7,820,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong (44185 Views)

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? / My Boyfriend's F1 visa Was Approved Today / My UK Summer Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by israelmao(m): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2023
A lot of suspicions have sprung out of your responses during visa application interview and also in the application you filled out giving the likelihood of hiding under visit to remain in UK,you may need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you have no such intention in your next visa application.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mindlog: 6:28am On Oct 14, 2023
descarado:

Most of them are abroad through this means. Seems this one don dey cast. New format loading.

Tinubu grand children

It is not a new format, I know some people who used this format and also attending "conferences" to enter the UK as way back as 2009.

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by descarado: 6:28am On Oct 14, 2023
Mindlog:

If OP is earning N150k monthly, what would motivate his employers to spend about N5m for his visa, a return flight ticket, hotel accomodation, per diem, local transportation and the training cost (the training is even IT related and can be done online)?

He was rightly denied the visa.
Oluwole get diff faces.

If I tell you stories I have heard on ways people lie to japa, I mean, it's shocking.
When you see some people bent on doing only agency low job forever( not all agencies), there is a comma.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by mastermaestro(m): 6:29am On Oct 14, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The spelling and general grammatical errors in this letter alone would raise suspicion. I’m just being honest with you here.

Na ababidi letter them write give am. It's too pedestrian, bogus and indefinite to be taken seriously. Serious organizations write better and more professionally. Reads like a wishy-washy letter typed at a business center. I had to go read it after seeing your points. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by descarado: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2023
Mindlog:

It is not a new format, I know some people who used this format and also attending "conferences" to enter the UK as way back as 2009.
shocked shocked
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by kunle75(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

They just gave you an expo on how to cover your track next time you apply .
Make sure all the point raise in this rejection letter is addressed.
They will surely give you once those are done.

They're biased too,due to our long history of japa and documents falsification.
I applied in 2010 they refused me base on low account balance and fast forward to 2023,already residing in the states, I applied this time 10 days later they send my visa into my mail box with no documents attached except my GC and invitation letter.
I visited Liverpool,Birmingham,London in 1wk and left. I plan to visit when my class is on break next spring or summer hopefully.

Don't give up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by ubimagos: 6:35am On Oct 14, 2023
Ask Obi, same thing happened to him!

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by RosyIsBlessed: 6:36am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

It's clear they suspect this is a ploy between you and the company that you will japa. It's just a japa in disguise. Give up!! As it stands now, nothing you can do about it!!!
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Okeyc230: 6:47am On Oct 14, 2023
The response does not sound queen's english. Previously and In addition are many.

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by omoyeni37: 7:11am On Oct 14, 2023
The wrong spelling of Consular alone sef don raise many red flags.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Nerdnextdoor: 7:16am On Oct 14, 2023
"We plead that you kindly use your good office to Grant him entry Visa." A well established company actually won't plead for Visa. You earn it!

"Your outmost cooperation in granting him entry Visa will be highly appreciated."

Saviourplease:

He did, this is the letter from the Group Head, HR

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by phemmyfour: 7:17am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

Let the company write a letter of invitation to you, attach it to your company's letter sending you on training and serving as your financial source, send as an appeal mail and any form of convincing document to ukvi
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Nerdnextdoor: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2023
Very correct 💯
kunle75:

They just gave you an expo on how to cover your track next time you apply .
Make sure all the point raise in this rejection letter is addressed.
They will surely give you once those are done.

They're biased too,due to our long history of japa and documents falsification.
I applied in 2010 they refused me base on low account balance and fast forward to 2023,already residing in the states, I applied this time 10 days later they send my visa into my mail box with no documents attached except my GC and invitation letter.
I visited Liverpool,Birmingham,London in 1wk and left. I plan to visit when my class is on break next spring or summer hopefully.

Don't give up
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by CoolAmbience(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

Yeah, that was why I opened this thread. How do I convince them?

What you receive as salary is way too low in comparison to what your company is willing to invest in your short training.

That is a glaring red flag. With such disparity they'd believe that you could decide not to return after the training.

Are you married? Do you have any history of travel?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by AlphaWolf27: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2023
Next time apply for just normal visitor's visa and not the business visitor's visa. For normal so long as you have a job, you'll most likely be given. My previous employer applied for a business visitor's visa once for me and it took more than 2months to get my passport back. By the time the visa was issued the training was over.

They are more stringent with the business visitor's visa compared to the normal visitors.

I hope this helps you.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mrice22: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2023
I tried to apply for a UK Visa( as a Dependant) but the policies they carry come this time are very annoying still denied me a Visa after paying 2k£
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Okoroawusa: 8:19am On Oct 14, 2023
dododawa1:
Everyone life depends on

UK or USA

No one remember

Heaven or Hell

Both are real.
You can go to Heaven or Hell as long as you get visa from their embassies. No one is stopping you.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by sylve11: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba....it's not the amount of backing...no amount of paper work will make it fly......it's the company itself that the embassy doesn't trust couple with the fact that those case workers are always on beast mode...

..... U know how many CAC registered mushroom companies are out there with websites and official email ?? Let's not go into details ...

Embassies cannot see the application of a staff of NNLG or Deloitte, PWC or Exxon and refuse..even Commercial banks, cos they are well known

The packaging was probably too bogus and .these embassy pple too can spot an arrangee from miles way....

They probably used a very bulky salary for the OP to make seem like a high earner will return to nigeria...but sadly....times 7 of that amount looked too bogus for one small unknown mushroom organization to spend on one Kazeem adewale

Hehehe cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by LondonCool(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2023
The letter from the UK based Training provider addressed the letter to the British High Commission as Consoler General instead of Consular General. That’s a serious red flag to me as an Entry Clearance Officer

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Vijuchoco(f): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

You probably did not present a letter signed by your employer and with the company's stamp on it..
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by drlateef: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

Next time be realistic with your financial disclosure. Do not load your account with far larger amount than your salary without a satisfactory explanation as to why it is so. When I applied for visa, the bank statement contained virtually nothing in the balance. I didn’t even realise that myself until it was pointed out to me at the interview. But they saw my income and outgoing and that I spent so much already for visa and other travel documents. They let me off, but that was after the interviewer made a mockery of my balance😂.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by EBEk101(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2023
Mindlog:

If OP is earning N150k monthly, what would motivate his employers to spend about N5m for his visa, a return flight ticket, hotel accomodation, per diem, local transportation and the training cost (the training is even IT related and can be done online)?

He was rightly denied the visa.

If I see you are committed and have skills that can help my organization’s growth, I wouldn’t mind how much you earn before I can invest in you

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
Let the company write a letter of invitation to you, attach it to your company's letter sending you on training and serving as your financial source, send as an appeal mail and any form of convincing document to ukvi

There is a letter of invitation from the company and my company also wrote that they will sponsor me.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Coldplay007(f): 9:07am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

He did, this is the letter from the Group Head, HR

Exactly.. this is the problem.. the letter is so poorly written, it is obvious it's arrangee..
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2023
shurlermoz:

You sef think am na, which compny will be spending x7 of monthly salary for 5days training in another continent?
The packaging get k leg.

But there are other antendees from other companies that earn around my range that were not disqualified
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 99thEnemy(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

JAPA detected. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2023
99thEnemy:

JAPA detected. grin

Baba, I am not japing anywhere. If I wanted to japa, I will not go illegally bro.

What is even paining me is the 300k I spent on the visa application. Who UK help
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by darkmarky(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2023
He sabi wetin he dey do.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by MeineMutter: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2023
AroOkigbo:

Sign which bond?
Person wey go run, go run.

The bond na to cajole this officer into giving him the visa.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by dododawa1: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2023
Okoroawusa:

You can go to Heaven or Hell as long as you get visa from their embassies. No one is stopping you.
Noted, thanks so much
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mindlog: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2023
EBEk101:

If I see you are committed and have skills that can help my organization’s growth, I wouldn’t mind how much you earn before I can invest in you

In OP's case, the visa issuing officer has seen through the "japa package" in the disguise of training, na today! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I work here in the UK as Neurodevelopmental Disorder Assessor because of my skills in Clinical Child Psychology, my organization is already paying thousands of Pounds for my continuous professional development to increase my capacity in service delivery with the certainty that I will be with them for the next 3 and half years, what guarantee do you have that if you send that staff to the UK for training, he or she would come back to Nigeria? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mindlog: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

Baba, I am not japing anywhere. If I wanted to japa, I will not go illegally bro.

What is even paining me is the 300k I spent on the visa application. Who UK help

If truly the company is sponsoring the travel, yours is only to provide your international passport as company pays for visa application, not you paying for it.....u self no what d true story is!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.