Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong (44393 Views)

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? / My UK Business Visa Was Refused 4months Ago / My UK Summer Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2023
Mindlog:

If truly the company is sponsoring the travel, yours is only to provide your international passport as company pays for visa application, not you paying for it.....u self no what d true story is!

For UK, you apply individually!
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by EBEk101(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2023
Mindlog:

In OP's case, the visa issuing officer has seen through the "japa package" in the disguise of training, na today! cheesy cheesy cheesy
I work here in the UK as Neurodevelopmental Disorder Assessor because of my skills in Clinical Child Psychology, my organization is already paying thousands of Pounds for my continuous professional development to increase my capacity in service delivery with the certainty that I will be with them for the next 3 and half years, what guarantee do you have that if you send that staff to the UK for training, he or she would come back to Nigeria? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol funny guy, everybody wan japa, the coast is not clear here.
I hope when I am fully ready to japa for work as a cybersecurity analyst, this won’t be my case
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by phemmyfour: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

There is a letter of invitation from the company and my company also wrote that they will sponsor me.
Both parties should take it up, its not your battle.

There is nothing you can do if they are not willing
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Semaj77(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

Must my salary be equal to the amount they will be spending on the travel?

It's not just equal but way above what most companies would expend on a staff of your caliber. I don't know how much you earn but I'm assuming if your salary were to be in the millions they may have given you the visa. Also there's no record of your company ever sending people on a training and even in this instance they are sending only you , are you a special case . Even I may doubt your "company" is real and I would most likely believe it's a packaged thing
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by sammyj: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2023
There is no sufficient proof that you can sponsor your stay in the UK.
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by airsaylongcome: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The spelling and general grammatical errors in this letter alone would raise suspicion. I’m just being honest with you here.

"Consoler General" stunned me to my bones. And this letter is supposed to be from the UK company!

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by airsaylongcome: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

My salary is about 57% of that figure

So your employers were going to pay about £2,500 for the training, flight, accommodation and per diem. Not a very expensive training to be honest. The problem for me is why a "junior" staff is getting sent abroad for such an expensive training.

PS: Hope you are looking for foreign remote tech jobs sha. You can easily earn 2.5 times your current pay even at US minimum wage

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 11:02am On Oct 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

So your employers were going to pay about £2,500 for the training, flight, accommodation and per diem. Not a very expensive training to be honest. The problem for me is why a "junior" staff is getting sent abroad for such an expensive training.

PS: Hope you are looking for foreign remote tech jobs sha. You can easily earn 2.5 times your current pay even at US minimum wage

How is 2.5k GPB expensive?

As the remote job, I am searching and will be glad if you can give me some clue.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2023
Semaj77:

It's not just equal but way above what most companies would expend on a staff of your caliber. I don't know how much you earn but I'm assuming if your salary were to be in the millions they may have given you the visa. Also there's no record of your company ever sending people on a training and even in this instance they are sending only you , are you a special case . Even I may doubt your "company" is real and I would most likely believe it's a packaged thing

My company is sending me because I am the support engineer for the site. The other antendees from Nigeria are from our customer (a tier one bank).

My company sends people to such training but most of the past Training happens in Dubai, South Africa and few in Canada.

As for the pay, I earn 400k.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by ndidibabe(f): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

My company is sending me because I am the support engineer for the site. The other antendees from Nigeria are from our customer (a tier one bank).

My company sends people to such training but most of the past Training happens in Dubai, South Africa and few in Canada.

As for the pay, I earn 400k.
Thats less than 400 pound monthly. That salary is enough reason to deny you
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by ndidibabe(f): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2023
Mrice22:
I tried to apply for a UK Visa( as a Dependant) but the policies they carry come this time are very annoying still denied me a Visa after paying 2k£
Tier 2 dependant?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by XXCASH: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

Your company is ready to spend 7X your monthly salary for a 5 days trip. The thing shock me too.

Sorry, I dont believe that too and I see why they rejected it

If you simply applied for a visitor's visa showing you can sponsor it, that will be better than this.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mindlog: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

For UK, you apply individually!

No be company go give you money for the visa application?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Dwightventures(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

So do I. I don’t understand why the company didn’t complete this on the employee’s behalf or failed to give him supporting documents to submit with his application. If they’re willing to spend 7 times his monthly salary for him to get 5 days of training, they should’ve submitted the visa request for him.

Lol. Do you think he's genuine Don't you think the consulate are smart people? All the work-related travels for staff when I was working was handled by the company

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Pootle: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2023
me nd you as well as the uk embassy know once you japa you aint returning back to nigeria, you see the thousands protesting against isreal on 10 downing street 95persent left there shitehole country like ours to go there so sad for you. retry again and give a better financial background and give a better proof you will return to this dunghill angry
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2023
Pootle:
me nd you as well as the uk embassy know once you japa you aint returning back to nigeria, you see the thousands protesting against isreal on 10 downing street 95persent left there shitehole country like ours to go there so sad for you. retry again and give a better financial background and give a better proof you will return to this dunghill angry

So you mean that it your company send you to UK for training, you will abscond ?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Pootle: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

So you mean that it your company send you to UK for training, you will abscond ?

no one is absconding here but we both know the reality here, they said your organization have never sent someone for such training in the past and the financial background ait solid enough.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Growing(m): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2023
They were not satisfied and they started where their dissatisfactions lie.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by airsaylongcome: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

How is 2.5k GPB expensive?

As the remote job, I am searching and will be glad if you can give me some clue.

₦3.1m training cost for an employee whose annual income is ₦4.8m. That is definitely expensive for the company. I do tech work and have been offered trainings abroad where the total cost no exceed one month pay
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Sleekfingers: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2023
[quote author=Irishman22 post=126389486][/quote]

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spanish visiting visa
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by MrPRevailer(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease Simple solution:
Join the Lord's Chosen. Come let G.O "Pastor Lazarus Mouka" pray for you, you will get your miracle visa.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by lakeside30: 3:05am On Oct 15, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The person at your company that authorized your travel should’ve written a statement explaining the following: the reason that particular training was selected out of other available trainings, why you were selected to go instead of other employees, and the reason why they selected a lower paid employee to receive such expensive training and why they chose to invest in training you. The cost of the training compared to your monthly salary is exorbitant so it sent up an instant red flag to the reviewer because even large, multi-National corporations rarely send lower paid employees to train internationally.

The major reasons they denied you is sum up here in the bold,if your company can address this and appeal,they will issue younthe Visa

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by tomdon(m): 4:37am On Oct 15, 2023
olakraft:

Probably your proof of finance didn't appear genuine. The reason is right there in your attachment.

The main issue is that they just don't believe. They think it's just packaged to help you travel. . .

You could appeal it if you're certain.

It's obviously packaged
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by thatigboman: 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
Saviourplease:

Yes, I did get a letter from the trainee.

The company (offering the training) is a global OEM with a market cap of 40 billion USD.
this is not the way course organisers write letter of invitation to attend a course in UK.
Wish I had the one sent to me which I used to go to UK for a course about 5 years ago for you to see. It was a standard letter. I was given visa the following day.
The letter is addressed to you (not UK embassy) on the company's letter headed paper. Stating the course the course date and duration, the course venue etc.
Your company will write introduction letter to the embassy introducing you. That you are their staff and that they are the ones sponsoring you with reasons.
If you are appealing, attach these 2 evidence.
They just want to be reassured that you are real and that you wount abscond when u get to UK

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
thatigboman:
this is not the way course organisers write letter of invitation to attend a course in UK.
Wish I had the one sent to me which I used to go to UK for a course about 5 years ago for you to see. It was a standard letter. I was given visa the following day.
The letter is addressed to you (not UK embassy) on the company's letter headed paper. Stating the course the course date and duration, the course venue etc.
Your company will write introduction letter to the embassy introducing you. That you are their staff and that they are the ones sponsoring you with reasons.
If you are appealing, attach these 2 evidence.
They just want to be reassured that you are real and that you wount abscond when u get to UK

Can you please share a sample
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by thatigboman: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Companies that send employees abroad on company business have an HR associate that assists with the visa process. If it’s company business, the employee shouldn’t have the burden of applying and paying the visa fees on his own.
applications are done individually because each applicant must go for biometric. The protocol office of the company can facilitate pay for the visa fee and all that. But embassy decides on the applications individually. 5 staff of a company may apply for same course to be sponsored by the company and they give 3 and reject 2. Good thing UK embassy will give u reasons for their rejection, US embassy wount say anything

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by thatigboman: 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
Saviourplease:

Can you please share a sample
dont know if I still have it but will check my computer tomorrow. Hope I have it, it will help u a lot

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Kobicove(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2023
99thEnemy:

JAPA detected. grin

grin
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Kobicove(m): 1:56pm On Jan 11
AroOkigbo:

Sign which bond?
Person wey go run, go run.

When them say make the person go bring reference letter from prvious employer na that time the thing go hook am for throat grin
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Sleekfingers: 7:13pm On Jan 24
Irishman22:

Canada 2 months work visa out. Stop doubting

Oga, the passport use, I don't need visa to visit Canada and anywhere in Europe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.