Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church (34660 Views)

Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes / Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by barinedan(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2023
Oppression even in the house of God, nawao. This same bishop will preach and condemn politicians for trampling on the people but that's exactly what he is using his position to do.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by oranget(m): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

I was a Christian before and a titled one in the past.

I have read both books and know the truth!

You know the problem with people like you? You have never read the Quran.

And Google is your friend! Islam is the fastest growing religion!

I don't think you know there are English versions of the Quran that people have access to. How can you be alleging he has never read the Quran?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by MrDoGood(m): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2023
Catholic church is deep.

1 Like

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Ever8090: 9:44am On Oct 15, 2023
Think9ja:
Catholic church is one church that never gets new members.

If you weren't born into the church, you will never understand their mode of worship.
As a non believer or something like that, you cannot just say you want to become a Christian and then join Catholic church.

You will just be looking at them without having a clue as to what they are doing. You will first of all go and start learning their prayers and incantations .

I tire for those people I swear.

Very, very boring, archaic and diabolical system
you are right, everyone is looking for where they will listen to enticing words of man's wisdom, where they are being promise riches in the coming week but nothing comes out of it anyway. The Catholic church and it's doctrine is one that is completely apart from the contemporary mushroom churches with doctrines that is base on economic and political change..

Catholic does not go about canvasing for clients as the church you belong to does, bit tell me which church has more members than the Catholic church?

10 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by maxist2020(m): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2023
He is a powerful priest that is for sure and has the followership but the distinguishing thing between Catholic priest and conventional pastors is that on the day of your ordination you made a vow before God to work and dies in his vein yard, secondly you also made a vow to own nothing including your own life which you have dedicated.
So coming out to lay claim that you own a land as a priest is against the vow you have made because both you and the land belongs to the church.

Also coming out to say my adoration ministry is another wrong one coming from padre because the Catholic church I know is not in the business of opening different ministry away from your parish programmes and that is why father is getting it wrong because he is looking at it with business eyes.

Have some of all this our Nigeria priest wondered what all those white Reverend father's who sacrificed their life family and everything to come stay in an African villages where there is no road, no water no hospital, no school and even good house to sleep and they still coped and did their best by developing those villages faced.
Evangelism is not about going to town to open church evangelism and winning of soul is going to the most remote place where the gospel has not been heard to preach it.

This white priest from their country brought in their own money built hospitals, schools and even the church itself, some of them lived died and was buried here but in our own Morden days it is all about money, father Obayi is complaining because he was posted to a place that he feels there are kidnappers, so should the brethren in such places be abandoned?

We had this white priests who came to Africa when there was not like gospel and yet they were able to come stayed in the midst of the most terrifying deities and juju men and fought the battle and won souls and today their impact is here to show for it.

If he wants to go he can go but he is going for his own personal and greedy interest.

11 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by cooljude(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2023
Tinubulaba:
Reading this story, all I can see is a Bishop trying his best to prevent the Catholic church from becoming a commercial business and a Reverend Father fighting hard to protect his business interest

Absolutely!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by tishbite42: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2023
Think9ja:
Catholic church is one church that never gets new members.

If you weren't born into the church, you will never understand their mode of worship.
As a non believer or something like that, you cannot just say you want to become a Christian and then join Catholic church.

You will just be looking at them without having a clue as to what they are doing. You will first of all go and start learning their prayers and incantations .

I tire for those people I swear.

Very, very boring, archaic and diabolical system
You just said the bitter truth
I went there four times and gave up
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by piper7(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

I was a Christian before and a titled one in the past.

I have read both books and know the truth!

You know the problem with people like you? You have never read the Quran.

And Google is your friend! Islam is the fastest growing religion!

Fastest growing religion by the number of converts or high birth rate? Pls stop misleading others!!! Most parts of where Islam grows and thrives anyway are poor sub saharan africa and poor parts of asia

2 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by aikyg(m): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2023
A reverend father does not own a church now. The parish belongs to the catholic church.

8 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by georgeakins: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2023
Curious345:
This man has mad powers .

He can single.handedly cleanse the entire Yoruba land of their dangerous deities and some archaic practises .

Like the Satanic Oro and the rest

He should cleanse the cursed Ibo land before anything.

2 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by matm: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
The adoration ground should not be taken away from him.
The church shld post priests there to be part of the ministry as their eyes.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Fcwilly: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Church politics, hmmmmm very dangerous

1 Like

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by lizko(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Did u think if every father is allow to be opening ministries nothing will be left of their calling. All the got was through the influence their host church but never want especially the finances to be supervised but the said church but to be theirs. Catholic church has program everything u want to be under it out still this prist want open their own.
chudez0147:
The Bishop might be envious of fr oku
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Think9ja(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Juanmike:
Church with History

History of oppression, molestation, subjugation and abuse. De play
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by georgeakins: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2023
chudez0147:
The Bishop might be envious of fr oku

There is no envy here. The bishop is right.

No priest should have been allowed to run any ministry under the Catholic Church. Most of these priests have turned their

ministries to business ventures, becoming greedy and acquisitive like their fellow pentecostal pastors

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by 8stargeneral: 9:57am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
He is welcomed to Islam! The only true religion!

Being the fastest growing religion in the world is not by mistake. People are digesting the Quran and finding out the truth.
Dey play
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Morizo(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2023
Dailyactiveinfo:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/11/popular-nigerian-priest-rev-father-okunerere-announces-hes-leaving-catholic-church-over

Some of of these our Igbo priests just want fame and fortune which is not in line with the Catholic doctrines and mode of operation. The church operates on hierarchy and creeds which is why it has lasted over two thousand years. Father Mbaka was given too much rope and this is the consequences.

The archdiocese should allow this priest to go and if he wishes he can go with those miracle seeking members of his ministry. He even named the ministry after his name...not the Catholic I know about will accept that. I can promise him once he is confirmed to be out of the church the many doors hitherto opened at home and abroad to him for preaching will be permanently closed. He will be confined to his ministry ground and preaching on radio. Am sure there's a missus by the corner he will quickly marry to think he can shame the priesthood but that order has lasted over two thousand years and has seen few horrible and ambitious people pretended to be priests and outlived them.

5 Likes

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:00am On Oct 15, 2023
One thing I don't like about Catholic Church is the tradition they built which they don't know things changes over time. And the Holy Spirit, you can't cage His mode of operation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by oluwaseyi0: 10:01am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Being the fastest growing religion in the world is not by mistake. People are digesting the Quran and finding out the truth.

That your religion and your name I don't know which is worse
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by DonroxyII: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2023
barinedan:
Oppression even in the house of God, nawao. This same bishop will preach and condemn politicians for trampling on the people but that's exactly what he is using his position to do
House of God in Africa ... Dey Play grin
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by sageb: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2023
Morizo:

Some of of these our Igbo priests just want fame and fortune which is not in line with the Catholic doctrines and mode of operation. The church operates on hierarchy and creeds which is why it has lasted over two thousand years. Father Mbaka was given too much rope and this is the consequences.

The archdiocese should allow this priest to go and if he wishes he can go with those miracle seeking members of his ministry. He even named the ministry after his name...not the Catholic I know about will accept that. I can promise him once he is confirmed to be out of the church the many doors hitherto opened at home and abroad to him for preaching will be permanently closed. He will be confined to his ministry ground and preaching on radio. Am sure there's a missus by the corner he will quickly marry to think he can shame the priesthood but that order has lasted over two thousand years and has seen few horrible and ambitious people pretended to be priests and outlived them.

If what you post is the true situation, then let him go.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Curious345: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2023
georgeakins:

He should cleanse the cursed Ibo land before anything.

Stop being sentimental
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by CivilAboki: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

That is how you deceive yourselves and others. Islam is the fastest growing religion just because of child birth, not because of conversions.

If you think you know Islam pls listen to and debate Christian Prince or Sam Shamon, you can search them on YouTube. I promise you you will use your leg run from Islam.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Hideki(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2023
This priest should quietly leave the church.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by athaboi(f): 10:08am On Oct 15, 2023
magoo10:
father obayi is under where?
Nsukka and I am pointing out to you that nsukka has not been in the news like you are pointing out
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by MrFly(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

true religion indeed. Advanced group of murderers.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Okiton: 10:12am On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Your religion is nothing but a crime to humanity, a terrorist organization
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Stanweezy(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2023
I'm sorry to say this, the Rev Fr. acts more like pentecostal pastor than a priest

In catholic doctrine, priest belongs to church that's why when they die, they are buried in church.

Priest don't own property under their name, so Bishop is right to ask him to submit anything given to him to the church.

Does it mean this father didn't pass through seminary because if he do, he suppose know all this

So why is he ranting, as far as catholic church is concern, the adoration ground, the olive oil he sales and what ever he built whether in thousand or dollars belongs to the church.

The smart priest amongst them build houses and mansion using the there brother or family member name so that church won't know but any thing contrary to that the mother church will take it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Masterito(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2023
That is because you marry more than a wife and give birth everywhere.
CoronaVirusPro:

Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by AbuAeesha: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

You were a Christian in your wet dreams.

If you've actually read both books then I see no reason why you would choose to listen to a caravan raider over the Prince Of Peace himself.

Contrary to what you and most head slammers think, some Christians are actually now taking up Islamic studies just so we can better understand your delusion.

And yes, it will be the fastest growing because its the only religion concerned with forceful conversion and also the only religion which passes the death penalty on anyone who attempts to leave it.

"some Christians are actually now taking up Islamic studies just so we can better understand your delusion."

This statement of yours has guided and still guiding many to the light of Islam without any form of coercion.
Wish you guidance too.
Thank you.
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Hideki(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
It's a season of oppression!

We all have many Israels illegally occupying Palestinian lands!

They oppress them daily and kill them. But when the oppressed retaliates he becomes the terrorist!

May Allah grant succor to our distressed brothers in Palestine and all over the world!
Islam have killed more people than the Jews. Please leave Christians out, face the Jews that can match your violence with violence
Re: Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church by Juanmike(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2023
Think9ja:

History of oppression, molestation, subjugation and abuse. De play
Still, better than mushroom churches

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.