Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth (58072 Views)

Nigeria, Afghanistan… List Of Most Prayerful Nations In The World / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by nairamaniac: 1:31am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Huh. Our leaders monopolizing the prayers? shocked
yes, try are monopolizing the dividends of our prayers.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 1:32am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol
Do I have to keep on quoting your buybull for you?
Righteousness exalteth a nation, not hard work. This is according to your Bible. Not me. So unless you feel your bible is lying, you guys have nothing to say
.. righteousness exalt eth a nation.... nowadays how many people are righteous...how many country or nation have many people that are righteous... As the devil is in this Earth and still operating and making people to backslide and commit sins we will not have much righteous people...rlook at the world now we have a lot of sinners and evils going on in the world and countries...so how do you expect a nation to be exalted when they are lot of sinners in that country, nation , the government, politcians are sinners ,hardly to see a righteous person nowadays in many countries.....so because of sins , sinners and evils in many countries countries cannot be exalted...so the government and people have to work to develop the country and make it better due to no much of righteous people and righteousness...so because of what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden and sinned and disobeyed God...it annoyed God and God and told Adam before you will eat you will till the ground and farm to get food to eat.. that is too work to eat..he told eve that you will feel pains when you want to give birth to children... In the first place when God created the earth God did not want people to work while in the earth...but because of what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden and sinned and disobeyed God...this made people to start to work to eat and earn a living...the earth would had been a paradise a place where people would not need to work hard and hustle if Adam and Eve did not disobey ..God and people would not had work to eat.. and they would had been no evil and sin in the earth...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by 1Sharon(f): 3:17am On Oct 18, 2023
caye:

Don't worry.
By the time we start borrowing from IMF and repaying at 150% of our GDP, and the Asians FULLY colonise many parts of Nigeria, you will see explosion of suicide.

Just dey wait.
Keep on praying o.
You've been praying enmasse since 1970s, yet it has gone from bad to worse. Keep praying o.
Pentecostal movement ( CIA FUNDED) took storm from the 80s, yet Nigeria is now arguable the country with the highest no of poverty stricken, hopeless citizens in the world. Thanks to IMF/ world Bank and the house nieggers.

Keep on praying o.

I'd love to know more about this pls
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by 1Sharon(f): 3:20am On Oct 18, 2023
Acidosis:

And who says the purpose of prayer is to make you or your nation rich??

This is obviously one of the many deceits of the devil: to make you believe that God and His kingdom is about earthly/worldly inheritance. Satan rules and controls the earth. So if earthly treasures are your metrics for measuring God's faithfulness, then you are the most delud..ed person ever liveth.

If your purpose in life and afterlife is to have money, please draw closer to Satan. Your chances are higher with him. It only takes invading a few countries, enslaving the people, and stealing their gold and other resources.

Lol is that you can say.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Acidosis(m): 7:22am On Oct 18, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol is that you can say.

What else do you want to read? 😁
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by doggedfighter(f): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2023
Acidosis:

What else do you want to read? 😁

That your take na helele ,sha

We are still reading it.πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Acidosis(m): 8:35am On Oct 18, 2023
doggedfighter:

That your take na helele ,sha

We are still reading it.πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Lol

Are you a Nigerian living in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Ginomel(m): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

They still pray? Dude did you read the part it says only 1% of the populace prays?

Yeah I read it. That doesn't mean they don't pray. Yes you are correct they don't pray like Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by NothingDoMe: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yet unrighteous countries like UK, Denmark etc excel. So whats your point?
You think righteousness is just about being gay or not gay? πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.

These are nations that look after their poor, upholds transparency, ensures justice is done, and fights for freewill. I would rather be tried by a gay judge that has a conscience, than an idiotic dogmatic religious non-gay clown Judge without a conscience sold to the highest bidder.

How will a nation grow when Justice is for sale?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by NothingDoMe: 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
wirinet:

Then answer the question, is Nigeria a righteous nation? If not why, inspite of having the highest number of churches and mosques in the world, inspite of being the second most prayerful nation in the world.

Why are we then highly religious but at the same time highly unrighteousness? We have become do loathed that no country wants to let a nigerian into their soil.
Like Jesus said to the Pharisees:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former"

Righteousness is not prayer.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
NothingDoMe:
You think righteousness is just about being gay or not gay? πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.

These are nations that look after their poor, upholds transparency, ensures justice is done, and fights for freewill. I would rather be tried by a gay judge that has a conscience, than an idiotic dogmatic religious non-gay clown Judge without a conscience sold to the highest bidder.

How will a nation grow when Justice is for sale?
Well, your view is quite an unpopular one according to Nigerians( even though your view is right).
Lemme ask you
Would you prefer an atheist gay judge over dogmatic Nigerian judge? And reasons
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
blueAgent:

Sure.

How do I explain something, you cannot comprehend?

Can you teach further maths to 2year old babies?
I guess you were born with the ability to comprehend such gibberish. Kwontinu
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by blueAgent(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

I guess you were born with the ability to comprehend such gibberish. Kwontinu

Stop punching above your weight.

If prayers don work for you, there are millions of ppl it works for.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by NothingDoMe: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Well, your view is quite an unpopular one according to Nigerians( even though your view is right).
Lemme ask you
Would you prefer an atheist gay judge over dogmatic Nigerian judge? And reasons
As long as the judge is impartial and dispenses justice, I don't really care if he is an atheist gay and has leprosy.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
Myer:

You confirmed what I said.
Those countries are not godly (spiritual) but they are materially blessed. (Rich and developed).

Most of them started well with God and when God blessed them they forgot God.

They may be financially better than Nigeria but the spiritual challenges they are battling with are nit funny. That's why they have so much issues of LGBTQ,, self love, all forms of vices that provoke God to destroy nations.

When one encounters Christ, there will always be a difference. The old person/nature must be continually
destroyed. That process is not usually easy or timed.
That's the kind of transition Nigeria is presently experiencing.
I pray when God lifts us up, we won't forget God. We will continue to God for the rest of our lives in Jesus name. Amen
1. You're further indicting yourself and your god by saying those countries forgot god after he blessed them. Are you saying your god isn't all-knowing, thus he didn't know those nations would 'rebel'?
2. Name the spiritual challenges those countries face
3. LGBTQ has been around for years. And its not a problem. Can you tell me why 2 consenting adults fucking each other causes problems to the society or nation?
4. Can you expatiate more on this transition Nigeria is experiencing?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
wirinet:

Prayer, worship, dancing and other religious activities also flood the brain with dopamine. That's why Prayer and religious activities can be addictive, sometimes more addictive than drugs. That's why Karl marx said "religion is the opium of the people". You cannot diffentiate between people addicted to religion and people addicted to opium.
Maybe praise causes dopamine rush, but prayers? I don't think so. During prayers, a different hormone and neurotransmitter is predominant
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
ufotunang:
...ok how do you earn money, income for yourself in order for you to earn a living and pay your bills.....do you just pray and after the prayers God will come down from heaven and give you money to pay your bills... like house rent, electricity bill, feeding , buying foodstuffs and other things..?...how do you earn money inorder to earn a living?..do you just pray to God and God will come down from heaven to give you money or ? I need your answer
Bro, I'm just quoting what your bible said. So if you have a problem with it, get across to the scammers in Rome who wrote it, not me
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
ufotunang:
...the Bible even say I will bless the hands of your labour, your work..the Bible also says no food for a lazy man...a lazy man is a man that just want to pray and after the prayers he wants God to come down from heaven to give him money and food to eat without working . God hates such set of people... after prayers he wants God to come and perform magic to give him money and food to eat that is a lazy man...and God sees such a man as a lazy man...the Bible says I will bless the hands of your labour, your work
Also according to that same bible

β—„ Matthew 7:7 β–Ί
New International Version
β€œAsk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you

β—„ Luke 11:9 β–Ί
New International Version
β€œSo I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you

Isnt it funny the bible speaks from both side of its mouth, confusing anyone who dares read it? It is also spawning different denominations all believing different things
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairamaniac:
yes, try are monopolizing the dividends of our prayers.
Lol. So god answers your prayers and another person enjoys the dividends of those prayers while god sits back and enjoys? How do people monopolize prayers? Please explain grin
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
ufotunang:
.. righteousness exalt eth a nation.... nowadays how many people are righteous...how many country or nation have many people that are righteous... As the devil is in this Earth and still operating and making people to backslide and commit sins we will not have much righteous people...rlook at the world now we have a lot of sinners and evils going on in the world and countries...so how do you expect a nation to be exalted when they are lot of sinners in that country, nation , the government, politcians are sinners ,hardly to see a righteous person nowadays in many countries.....so because of sins , sinners and evils in many countries countries cannot be exalted...so the government and people have to work to develop the country and make it better due to no much of righteous people and righteousness...so because of what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden and sinned and disobeyed God...it annoyed God and God and told Adam before you will eat you will till the ground and farm to get food to eat.. that is too work to eat..he told eve that you will feel pains when you want to give birth to children... In the first place when God created the earth God did not want people to work while in the earth...but because of what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden and sinned and disobeyed God...this made people to start to work to eat and earn a living...the earth would had been a paradise a place where people would not need to work hard and hustle if Adam and Eve did not disobey ..God and people would not had work to eat.. and they would had been no evil and sin in the earth...
This is getting funnier grin

Who gave Satan his omnipotent, omniscient etc powers? Yahweh!
Who created Eden and the tree of knowledge and planted it right in the middle of the garden(not even at the outskirts where it would be out of sight of Adam and Eve) and made it have luscious fruits? Yahweh!
Do you now understand your all loving god wanted Adam fvcked from the get-go?
So lets from go to genesis.
So Yahweh created the whole world, right?
There's Eden. He then made a tree of knowledge, and guess what? Planted it right in the middle of the garden. Yahweh knew Adam was gonna fail but planted this forbidden tree right in the middle of the garden with luscious fruits, to distract and tempt Adam. Gave him a partner that would make the temptation very hard to pass up. Then to make matters worse, he allowed Satan(an omnipresent and omnipotent being) to finish the job of tempting Adam? Then when man fails, he turns around to blame him of making the wrong choice? And then went ahead to rain curses in the poor dude.
Are you seeing how Yahweh stacked up the odds against poor Adam. Almost as if he wants the dude to fail.

Here is an analogy. You(yahweh) sent your son(Adam) to school(garden of eden) and paid a bully(Satan) to distract and beat the child, so he'll fail in school? I used the word 'paid' because he Satan is an upgraded being, having those powers handed to him by Yahweh. Whats his target? A puny Adam, a regular mortal with no powers whatsoever
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ginomel:

Yeah I read it. That doesn't mean they don't pray. Yes you are correct they don't pray like Nigerians
Lol. Nigerians are even do the loudest prayers. My neighbor would wake up by 3am to pray, disturbing the whole block. And doesn't care if s/he wakes up everyone. In those sane countries that don't like prayers, they'll call the cops on him or her. Yet all those prayers are useless
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
blueAgent:

Stop punching above your weight.

If prayers don work for you, there are millions of ppl it works for.

Who are the millions? Nigerians?
Bro, I haven't uttered a word of prayer for more than 2 decades yet not only am I alive, but I feed people that pray everyday. I look at them and laugh but I can't knock them cos they are my family and I love them despite their stupidity
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Myer(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. You're further indicting yourself and your god by saying those countries forgot god after he blessed them. Are you saying your god isn't all-knowing, thus he didn't know those nations would 'rebel'?
2. Name the spiritual challenges those countries face
3. LGBTQ has been around for years. And its not a problem. Can you tell me why 2 consenting adults fucking each other causes problems to the society or nation?
4. Can you expatiate more on this transition Nigeria is experiencing?

1. He respects our right to choose. He gave us will power so that we are not like robots.
We can choose to obey or disobey. We can choose to submit to authority or rebel against authorrity. We can choose life or death. We can choose to forgive or nor forgive and we can choose to repent or not repent, we can choose to love or hate. Etc
Each choice bearing its commensurate consequences.

2. Most of them don't believe in God. They can have no peace of mind or joy. They depend on things, substances, events for solace.

3. Is rebellion against divine order. It does not obey the blessing of fruitfulness. It corrupts others.

4. There's a spiritual transition from religion to Christ-likeness/Godliness. And there's a manifestation of it in various spheres/sectors of the country- Political, Business, Academical, Social etc.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Ginomel(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Nigerians are even do the loudest prayers. My neighbor would wake up by 3am to pray, disturbing the whole block. And doesn't care if s/he wakes up everyone. In those sane countries that don't like prayers, they'll call the cops on him or her. Yet all those prayers are useless

To me, such prayer is useless when someone simply refused that others will sleep. Nigerians and their mentality
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by nairamaniac: 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. So god answers your prayers and another person enjoys the dividends of those prayers while god sits back and enjoys? How do people monopolize prayers? Please explain grin

We the masses pray for Wealth upon our dear country Nigeria.

God blessed us with crude oil.

The oil is sold for billions of dollars.

The richmen eat all the dollars.
By that, they have monopolized the dividends of our prayers.

God doesn't sit back. He punishes them in his own ways even without us knowing when&how.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, I'm just quoting what your bible said. So if you have a problem with it, get across to the scammers in Rome who wrote it, not me
...ok no problem...I thought you will say after you have prayed , then God will come down from heaven to give you money and food to eat..... and all those word of God written in the Bible were not written by scammers...God directed them on what to write...the Bible is not fake...but to achieve or get all those good things written in the Bible. the person must wok... apply some work....all those good things written in the Bible... and the chapter and bible verses you showed me above, all those things will not come in a platter of gold...the person must still apply some work to achieve them
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by blueAgent(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2023
jaephoenix:

Who are the millions? Nigerians?
Bro, I haven't uttered a word of prayer for more than 2 decades yet not only am I alive, but I feed people that pray everyday. I look at them and laugh but I can't knock them cos they are my family and I love them despite their stupidity

Like I said b4, you are a kid not in terms of age but experience.

You dey learn. shocked
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by kimco(m): 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
Major7:

So are the chickens and rams fatten up just to be killed. God still answers prayers and I'm a living testimony πŸ™ grin

And what happens to the lean chickens and ram? They are saved ehh? Even if your analogy made sense, we can conclude that since all die be die, you might as well die a fat chicken than a lean one.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Major7: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
kimco:

And what happens to the lean chickens and ram? They are saved ehh? Even if your analogy made sense, we can conclude that since all die be die, you might as well die a fat chicken than a lean one.

You can't analyse the things of the spirit using logic,you will ended up being confused cos it will make little or no sense. My quote was meant for those that operates in the realm of the spirit cool no offense
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Myer:

1. He respects our right to choose. He gave us will power so that we are not like robots.
We can choose to obey or disobey. We can choose to submit to authority or rebel against authorrity. We can choose life or death. We can choose to forgive or nor forgive and we can choose to repent or not repent, we can choose to love or hate. Etc
Each choice bearing its commensurate consequences.

2. Most of them don't believe in God. They can have no peace of mind or joy. They depend on things, substances, events for solace.

3. Is rebellion against divine order. It does not obey the blessing of fruitfulness. It corrupts others.

4. There's a spiritual transition from religion to Christ-likeness/Godliness. And there's a manifestation of it in various spheres/sectors of the country- Political, Business, Academical, Social etc.
1. Again, (like most Christians) you completely deviated from the point. Lemme repeat. According to you, Yahweh blessed those countries when they were worshipping him but they eventually stopped doing it. Does it mean Yahweh didn’t know they would rebel? Also is Yahweh still blessing them currently?

2. Really? Non religious people depend on drugs for joy? I’m aware they use drugs but some of those countries don't use as much drugs as Nigerians. Are you aware Nigerians use recreation drugs too? Is it atheists that use crystal meth(meth) in Nigeria?
Where is your stats that back your claim? Or are you those that get their knowledge from their pastors?

3. Obviously some people dont give diving fvcks about divine order. Neither do i. What is the advantage of heeding this divine order?

4. Nigeria transitioning to godliness with the increasing level of corruption, prostitution, robbery, online fraud etc. You dey whine me ni? shocked
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ginomel:

To me, such prayer is useless when someone simply refused that others will sleep. Nigerians and their mentality
Its still a prayer nevertheless. And you are not in a position to say which prayers are useless or not. You're not the recipient(Yahweh)
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
nairamaniac:

We the masses pray for Wealth upon our dear country Nigeria.

God blessed us with crude oil.

The oil is sold for billions of dollars.

The richmen eat all the dollars.
By that, they have monopolized the dividends of our prayers.

God doesn't sit back. He punishes them in his own ways even without us knowing when&how.
1. Corrections, Yahweh didn’t give Nigeria oil. Its a natural resource which many other irreligious countries received.
2. Part of the prayers people pray is for Yahweh to change the leaders mind so these oil dollars get to them. But guess what? Yahweh has ignored that part of the prayers. He doesn't just give a praying fvck about where the money goes.
3. How exactly does Yahweh punish those corrupt politicians/leaders? grin
Last I check, they live in big mansions, drive the exotic cars, get the best women, have kids schooling abroad, have access to best healthcare etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.