Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth (58063 Views)

Nigeria, Afghanistan… List Of Most Prayerful Nations In The World / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
bonnyhope:

The explanation is that they have put their brains to work than others

Do you understand now?
So what is the use for prayers?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
magzey:

That's a blatant lies , God is with Nigeria if not we could have been like a war torn country by now
Sorry bro.
So who protects relatively irreligious countries like Nederlands, UK etc that don't pray to Yahweh but are much peaceful than Nigeria? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
maasoap:

May be it was long time ago but not up to that % this day.
A look at the just concluded presidential election is enough to clear anyone's doubt. APC prensented Muslim-Muslim ticket and came first. PDP presented another Muslim who came second. LP with a Christian candidate and all the campaign to get most of the Christians votes for him landed him third position.
Muslims marry more than one wife, Christians preach against multiple wives. Muslims marry early while Christians marry late.
Obviously you didn't click on any of the links cos the earliest stats was 2018 while the latest was 2022.
This is the latest in 2023
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/24/2023-census-and-religion%3famp=1
So you have no excuse
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
nairamaniac:

God is answering our prayers. But our leaders and politicians are monopolizing it.
Huh. Our leaders monopolizing the prayers? shocked
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
drlateef:

The Qataris and Emiratis also pray daily, including Saudis. How come they are among the richest in the world?
We are talking about economically strong countries not rich individuals
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by drlateef: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

We are talking about economically strong countries not rich individuals

Yes they are economically strong and plenty of rich individuals.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
blueAgent:

Really?

You are a kid.
How so? Is that the only rebuttal you got?
These christians are something else grin
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Johncables402: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why are all the most prayerful countries the most useless shitholes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
wirinet:

Why the personal insult? Did I even quote you?
You brand of theism must be very violent and evil for you to be so angry at those who don't even know you exist.

He's an especially violent and daft Christian. I have interfaced him before. Such a hunk of waste
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Angelfrost:

What exactly do you think Prayer or Praying is about?!!

Do you actually think or believe praying is solely about making requests or seeking favors?!!

Praying is an act of communing with Divine or Supernatural beings ... Making demands or requests is just one aspect of praying.

Asking people to pray without ceasing is not the same as telling them to "solely make requests" without ceasing... It is simply teaching and commending them to stay in communication with their creator or Divine Father.

If people choose to pray without working, that is a function of their personal philosophy of indolence.

Maybe you should research further, and see that there is somewhere in the Bible where people are warned against praying amiss and told to eschew vain repetitions.

You see... Contrary to your thinking, true religion doesn't encourage mental and physical laziness.
So what actually do you talk about? The weather?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
ComeToJesus:
Without the prayers, with the current level of insecurity and mindless looting of the treasury, Nigeria would have been wiped off the surface of the earth.

It's the prayers that has sustained her. Nigeria is akin to a woman, striped of her clothes and dignity and tied to a stake, with randy men taking turns to rape her. Tell me how such a woman will survive.
Sweden, Nederlands etc don't pray. Yet they are better off economically and are stable. No wars. What have you got to say
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
Myer:

God's kingdom's focus is not materialism but spiritual.
God can bless you materially but that's not the focus.

Romans 14:16-19
16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil;
17[b] for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.[/b]
18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.
19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.

The reason Nigeria is not prospering financially is simple, we have not proven to be faithful/trustworthy even in the little money (unrighteous mammon) God has given us. A little money and we start misbehaving. Money easily reveals people's true nature, even pastors.

Luke 16:10-12
10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.
11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?

Besides, it's obvious most churches preach the prosperity (financial/money) gospel and it is not the Gospel. You cannot serve God and Mammon. You have to choose one.
Godliness is not for gain but for the salvation of the soul and pursuing the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. 1 Timothy 6
What God has charted for each person is the BEST WILL/PLAN/DESTINY for them.
Unfortunately, we do not know/trust God's plan.
Only God can reveal this as we learn to follow Christ through the Word and the leading of the Holy Spirit... Faithfully.
Bro, all this is irrelevant.
There are far less christians and more atheists in countries like Nederlands, US, Sweden etc compared to Nigeria. Yet they are better economically, medically, military strength better, healthier etc. Can't you explain
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
waice6571:

Turn around without prayers? O easy gann!
Prayers will not take a place of hard work, that can't be compromised but there are forces of life that makes things to bear....
I had a project sometimes in the past, it was going on well until government policy frustrated it. Some stuffs are not ordinary bro.
Oh yes it was easy. I don't need the prayers. Thank you
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
waice6571:

You have said so many things here. Your in-depth analysis of COVID-19 timeline is apt but the details is not necessary..... You know why? COVID-19 is not one of our problems in Nigeria, likewise prayers.

Our problem is bad people in government. Holding God responsible for our general negligence and perfunctory leadership is the reason for our backwardness.

Work and pray or pray and work... Just make sure you are not lacking in both.

Lastly, I appreciate your comments and the Bible passages quoted.
Obviously you didn't read any of those Bible verses. You're still stuck in your excuse you repeat like a broken record
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
nairalanda1:

I disagree. Many European countries were deeply religious when they were developing into industrial powers.

Plus, becoming an atheist country does not mean development. The old Soviet Union advanced very well...for some time, but was always far behind the arguably religious USA for most of its histroy. Then it collapsed in 1991. And they were not religious at the time...state athesim was the offical philosophy

We are underdeveloped because we think we can make a living from selling the large amounts of nattural resources we have. We haven't grasped that these resources are finite. Japan (Shinto) and South Korea (Buddhist, Chondoist, and Christian) are developed because they realized their resources were limited and immediately commenced measures to develop themselves.

I',m tired of people blaming religion, or even atheism for a country's collapse...the Soviets collapsed because , they thought they could develop utopia without profit. Their abandoning religion did not change that flawed idea at all. The US IS DEVELOPED, despite the high religion in that country, NOT BECAUSE IT IS GOD'S OWN COUNTRY, or because God favored them...but because they took the idea from Europe that resources are finite, and developed accordingly. Then the largeness of the country forced them to do things like develop communications and transport....not for nothing that things like the telegraph, TELEPHONE, satellites, the internet, and airplane were developed in the US.

Countries develop when they wake up to the finitness of their resources. Simple and short. Blaming religion or prayer or anything else is just humbug.
Russia has been a moderately christian country. Christians are 40% more than any religion
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ginomel:

Don't be deceived. They still pray. But not for security, good road etc.

But as for prayer, they still.

And they pray to God every time, every day.
They still pray? Dude did you read the part it says only 1% of the populace prays?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Angelfrost(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

So what actually do you talk about? The weather?

Yes... Literally every and anything. cool
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
NothingDoMe:
What you listed are the the components of Righteousness

1. Transparency
2. Equity
3. Justice
4. Honesty

Righteousness exalts a nation. Not prayer. This isn't saying that prayer is bad.
Yet unrighteous countries like UK, Denmark etc excel. So whats your point?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
drlateef:

Yes they are economically strong and plenty of rich individuals.
Is Saudi, UAE etc amongst the world powers or top 10 economically powerful countries?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by bonnyhope: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

So what is the use for prayers?

Prayers review to you the happenings in the spiritual realms
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
Angelfrost:

Yes... Literally every and anything. cool
So you kneel down, waste time and talk to an invisible being about the weather?
Dude schizophrenia isn't far from you
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
bonnyhope:

Prayers review to you the happenings in the spiritual realms
Oh really? So what's the latest in the spiritual realm, sire? grin
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Angelfrost(m): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

So you kneel down, waste time and talk to an invisible being about the weather?
Dude schizophrenia isn't far from you

It's a waste of time to talk to an Invisible being with your own personal time, but it is productive to do the following:

1. Surf the internet searching aimlessly for trivia.
2. Daydream for an hour or more.
3. Come on Nairaland and other social media platforms to bandy words and argue about next to nothing for at least an hour a day.
4. To chase girls and party for hours on end.
5. Gossip and watch tv shows and movies for at least an hour a day.

See ehn... The problem with some people who claim to be irreligious or atheist is that they are as intolerant, judgemental, and even hypocritical as those on the opposite end of their beliefs spectrum.

Las las, everyone will do what pleases or catches his or her fancy. That's called living and letting others live.

Any further questions?!! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
Angelfrost:

It's a waste of time to talk to an Invisible being with your own personal time, but it is productive to do the following:

1. Surf the internet searching aimlessly for trivia.
2. Daydream for an hour or more.
3. Come on Nairaland and other social media platforms to bandy words and argue about next to nothing for at least an hour a day.
4. To chase girls and party for hours on end.
5. Gossip and watch tv shows and movies for at least an hour a day.

See ehn... The problem with some people who claim to be irreligious or atheist is that they are as intolerant, judgemental, and even hypocritical as those on the opposite end of their beliefs spectrum.

Las las, everyone will do what pleases or catches his or her fancy. That's called living and letting others live.

Any further questions?!! cool
Yes. Talking with a non physical being for hours especially when you talk about mundane things like the weather is gonna snag you a visit to the shrink.
All those activities you talked about involve interacting with physical objects. They may not give tangible results but they cause an increase dopamine which is what gives the happy or content expression we gain.
Now the question. What's the gain in talking the weather with an invisible being?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by blueAgent(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

How so? Is that the only rebuttal you got?
These christians are something else grin
Sure.

How do I explain something, you cannot comprehend?

Can you teach further maths to 2year old babies?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Myer(m): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, all this is irrelevant.
There are far less christians and more atheists in countries like Nederlands, US, Sweden etc compared to Nigeria. Yet they are better economically, medically, military strength better, healthier etc. Can't you explain

You confirmed what I said.
Those countries are not godly (spiritual) but they are materially blessed. (Rich and developed).

Most of them started well with God and when God blessed them they forgot God.

They may be financially better than Nigeria but the spiritual challenges they are battling with are nit funny. That's why they have so much issues of LGBTQ,, self love, all forms of vices that provoke God to destroy nations.

When one encounters Christ, there will always be a difference. The old person/nature must be continually
destroyed. That process is not usually easy or timed.
That's the kind of transition Nigeria is presently experiencing.
I pray when God lifts us up, we won't forget God. We will continue to God for the rest of our lives in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by wirinet(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yes. Talking with a non physical being for hours especially when you talk about mundane things like the weather is gonna snag you a visit to the shrink.
All those activities you talked about involve interacting with physical objects. They may not give tangible results but they cause an increase dopamine which is what gives the happy or content expression we gain.
Now the question. What's the gain in talking the weather with an invisible being?

Prayer, worship, dancing and other religious activities also flood the brain with dopamine. That's why Prayer and religious activities can be addictive, sometimes more addictive than drugs. That's why Karl marx said "religion is the opium of the people". You cannot diffentiate between people addicted to religion and people addicted to opium.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 12:12am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol
Do I have to keep on quoting your buybull for you?
Righteousness exalteth a nation, not hard work. This is according to your Bible. Not me. So unless you feel your bible is lying, you guys have nothing to say
...ok how do you earn money, income for yourself in order for you to earn a living and pay your bills.....do you just pray and after the prayers God will come down from heaven and give you money to pay your bills... like house rent, electricity bill, feeding , buying foodstuffs and other things..?...how do you earn money inorder to earn a living?..do you just pray to God and God will come down from heaven to give you money or ? I need your answer
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 12:19am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol
Righteousness exalteth a nation, not hard work. This is according to your Bible. Not me. So unless you feel your bible is lying, you guys have nothing to say
.....ok answer me after the prayers will God come down from heaven to rehabilitate and construct the road...the road on where you are living now is it God that came down from heaven to construct the road in your area after prayers ? Or government rehabilitated and constructedd the road in where you are living ? Answer me
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 12:24am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol
..ok do not work..do not go to work...just stay in your house and be sleeping from morning till night and wait for God to send food from heaven for you to eat....
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 12:41am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol
...the Bible even say I will bless the hands of your labour, your work..the Bible also says no food for a lazy man...a lazy man is a man that just want to pray and after the prayers he wants God to come down from heaven to give him money and food to eat without working . God hates such set of people... after prayers he wants God to come and perform magic to give him money and food to eat that is a lazy man...and God sees such a man as a lazy man...the Bible says I will bless the hands of your labour, your work
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 12:44am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol
..i

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International / Chris Okotie With Armed Guards In Church (Picture) / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.