Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,021 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom (28337 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Flogged For Sleeping With A Sudanese Man In Saudi Arabia / Lockdown: Woman Flogged By Police Officers (Video) / Woman Flogged Sidechick For Sleeping With Her Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Angrymode: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
She can be flogged because she is neither an Honorable, Her Excellency or Chairlady. If you don't get it, you ain't a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Miracle2020: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hungry dey town, abeg let the woman breath.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by zhirkovrado(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
steadily spoiling my mood with bad news, I don't just like that platform. It's always bad news.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Chetas81(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Henrychino:
Tinubu has caused so much pain on Nigerians.Poverty is on the increase.to eat a square mean a day is by Gods grace
the same god supposed to tell you that, don't vote for tinubu, kindly leave god out of this
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Clinghton: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Isn't she old enough to be a mother what a pity to humanity.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by UncleKoboko: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Careente7:
Man is so unkind to man.Why was she not killed? I don’t support jungle justice of any kind but it doesn’t change the fact that ‘man is soo unkind to man ‘.
Man is soo unkind to man
Man is soo unkind to man
Man is soo unkind to man
Man is soo unkind to man
Lol
Wey rey grin
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Lexusgs430: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
The poor and deprived, are the greatest hater's of themselves........

Rather than one of them pay on her behalf, they decided to flog her.......

SHAME.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Lhoordshak714: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hunger bad
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Angelfrost(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Chai... Hand don meet this one.

Nothing like you don't hit a woman... Dem don panel beat mama like say na man wey thief.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Babangidapikin: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
NaijaCoverBlog you no try at all .. you know hunger dey town ..you come dey broadcast this ...Why not go and take those Senator's 100 million Naira Jeep and be broadcasting...

1 Like

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by riczy(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
I wish I was there, trust me I wud av paid for it and ask her to go home feed on them, very unfortunate! The hunger in Nigeria now knows no bound!. Very sad!
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Ofreaps: 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/10/woman-flogged-for-allegedly-stealing-three-bunches-of-plantain-in-akwa-ibom-2.html

Look at the embarrassment poverty has cost this lady,so sad

Anyway for your solutions to anything property including documentations,verifications etc contact us. Check my signature for details.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Lhoordshak714: 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Huger bad
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by SIRTee15: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
cavpshost:
This is so sad sad

What is the world coming to?

If it was me, i would let her have the plantain. She is probably hungry sad

So sad to see this type of treatment. My God help her find food without stealing it.

Some of u are so naive and ignorant. U will know those of u who never worked real job for even a day.

Those 4 bunch of plantain could the farmer's profit for the whole bunch he's gonna sell that day.
If u tell him to give it away free, where is the farmer's gain for his sweat.
And the woman in question, why can't she approach the farmer and offer her services to work on the farm for a day in exchange for 3 bunch of plantain. Is that not better than this disgrace? But of course nobody likes hard work.
Yes hunger is bad, but we can't continue to inflict evil on ourself in the name of hunger. The farmer is not the government. He's also working hard to survive this anti people regime.
The only reason I pity this woman is the fact she chose the harder choice to survive. She could have achieve same result by selling her body which is far easier but equally pathetic anyway.

1 Like

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Menclothing: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
bestman09:
The uncommon thief of a governor and now Senate president really pauperized the people. Akwa ibom state indigines are not supposed to be poor.

I really pity the lady for the physical and emotional torture she will live with all her life. Thank God she's not a man, her body would have turned to ashes.

Say no to crime

Someone who left more than 9yrs ago
Did his best

You can’t even hold the current gov accountable it shows u hate only

Everyone stealing in ur state we should hold ur former gov
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by ChronicGp(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
Wetin she dey explain
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by bluefilm: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
Why flog her?

They should have recruited her into the army where she will be eating cassava and agbado in the mornings, and yam in the afternoon...

She won't have any need to resort to stealing anymore!
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by LookBeautifulPe(f): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
How about giving her employment??
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by havecycle: 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
What the poor pass through in this country. Imagine what the political class are stealing and nobody even asks them question not to talk of flogging.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by rickleye: 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
Not a single person could pay for it and let her go ?
I mean all that shouldn’t have cost more than 3k.

1 Like

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Shapeaso: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
Good for her. A thief is a thief. She stole the plantains to sell.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by GUNITGuy: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
why?? why can't they just give her like tha...mehn embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by rickleye: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
SIRTee15:

Some of u are so naive and ignorant. U will know those of u who never worked real job for even a day.

Those 4 bunch of plantain could the farmer's profit for the whole bunch he's gonna sell that day.
If u tell him to give it away free, where is the farmer's gain for his sweat.
And the woman in question, why can't she approach the farmer and offer her services to work on the farm for a day in exchange for 3 bunch of plantain. Is that not better than this disgrace? But of course nobody likes hard work.
Yes hunger is bad, but we can't continue to inflict evil on ourself in the name of hunger. The farmer is not the government. He's also working hard to survive this anti people regime.
The only reason I pity this woman is the fact she chose the harder choice to survive. She could have achieve same result by selling her body which is far easier but equally pathetic anyway.

If that is the farmers profit for a day he is certainly in the wrong business.
And for you to ask a human being to sell herself is monstrous . Would you ask any of your female relative to resort to that ?
If you believe a crime to be committed call the cops . You and I are not the law and shouldn’t take such matters in your hands .
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by rickleye: 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
Shapeaso:
Good for her. A thief is a thief. She stole the plantains to sell.

And you sir/ma have never stolen before ?
Holier than thou
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Twoclans(f): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
I don't know if Africa will defeat hunger ,not to talk of achieving other sustainable development goals angry

I really wish we can eliminate hunger.
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Kaytixy: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Shapeaso: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
rickleye:

And you sir/ma have never stolen before ? Holier than thou
One of them. Tueehh
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by SIRTee15: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
rickleye:

If that is the farmers profit for a day he is certainly in the wrong business.
And for you to ask a human being to sell herself is monstrous . Would you ask any of your female relative to resort to that ?
If you believe a crime to be committed call the cops . You and I are not the law and shouldn’t take such matters in your hands .

If any relative of mine engage in robbery or prostitution, I'll immediately cut her off. It's different sides of the same coin.

I won't bother to reply to your ignorant comment on the farmer's profit. It's a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Semaj77(m): 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
Siberia01:
grin
The poverty in the country no be here oh.
The black race is a failure to God ...

He must be regretting creating this particular race of Humans

Isn't God a failure Himself in that regards
Re: Woman Flogged For Allegedly Stealing Three Bunches Of Plantain In Akwa Ibom by Omoawoke2(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
This is barbaric

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Who Kidnapped 2 Kids In Makurdi Nabbed On Her Way To Sell Them In Onitsha / My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police / Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.