Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him (47240 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by StUriah(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Slave mentality dey worry you.

Try and emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

SenatePresdo:
The girl did very well.

What the man wanted was to spoil Nigerian hustlers name.

Before you know it, White employers would be like "Don't employ him, he's Nigerian they use to sleep on duty, they lack work ethics" just because of one man's laziness.

If you wan sleep, come back to Nigeria and join Police so you would start sleeping on duty.

That babe deserves an Oscar.

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Hideki(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:
Reported him doing what? Sleeping during working hours, putting unnecessary strain on his colleagues. He expects his co-workers to cover up for his insurbordination because they're compatriots? Nonsense!
Sleeping on duty is not insubordination grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by ifecodes(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Well, i no blame the lady. Nigerians always have the mentality of you must help and support me even if i am doing something wrong.

After i got employed at where i work now, my boss told me he took a gamble with me because Nigerians are never serious with the work they do.

I have a Nigeria neighbour who was employed to paint fire hydrants in the city, he was given truck which is fueled weekly so he could achieve his aim. This guy just drives around doing big boy and never painted one single fire hydrant for 4 months till he got fired.

Do you think he did good or would that company trust employing Nigerians again?

My point is call a spade a spade. Was he employed to sleep additional 1 hour? Is not even a mistake, he did that consecutively. He would have been cautioned by the lady and he took it for granted. So him being reported was the right thing to do. What if the person he is taking care of had a seizure and died? Things will become harder for the Nigeria there.

Abegi jare nothing wrong in what the lady did.

6 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Mindlog: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Truths9ja:
watch the video very well, he interviewed the sacked guy to know about what happened. What I just know is that the interviewer promised the sacked guy that he won’t be deported to Nigeria.

He has only 60 days to look for another sponsored job. If he fails to get one within that time, back to Nigeria or he becomes illegal.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by easzypeaszy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dis guy again...i bliv Tinubu talk pass him own
Ppl actin lik dey don't kw dis guy hw he love sayin trash most times
Dis shit aint real

1 Like

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by dNortherner(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
SenatePresdo:
The girl did very well.

Before you know it, White employers would be like "Don't employ him, he's Nigerian they use to sleep on duty, they lack work ethics" just because of one man's laziness.

If you wan sleep, come back to Nigeria and join Police so you would start sleeping on duty.

100% in support.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by CuriousX: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:
Reported him doing what? Sleeping during working hours, putting unnecessary strain on his colleagues. He expects his co-workers to cover up for his insurbordination because they're compatriots? Nonsense!

The girl should have cautioned him of the consequences and even wake him up. It is after doing that repeatedly and he proves stubborn that you report. The girl obviously doesn't like him or he vexed her knowingly or unknowingly.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by drsibz66(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
Some Nigerians cam be very undisciplined and tend to take advantage of other Nigerians at work becos they always think they won't report.

Trust me if that guy was working with a white person on shift he wouldn't dare sleep extra mins let alone doing it repeatedly.

How can you decide to always sleep on duty leaving a job that is meant for you and your colleagues for only your colleagues to do. That can be very annoying and it's like calling your colleagues fools.

He learnt his lesson the hard way. He will learn to respect his job and colleagues.

3 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:

He should go and sleep in his house. Sebi all of una wan japa to saner climes. Well, in saner climes you can't sleep anyhow while on duty without repercussions. If his colleagues had not ousted him, his bosses would have still found out.

Yes. If she would’ve kept quiet and he would’ve been caught some other way, she would’ve been disciplined up to termination if it was found that she knew about it and didn’t report it. Why save someone’s job only to lose yours? She was right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by planetx: 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hope he didn't sell his property to go and be washing old oyinbo yansh in the UK.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Wait till you hear what he did and how it's possible that the lady may have landed in bigger trouble for covering him up.

You’re right and this is what people fail to understand. She was rightfully concerned about saving her own job—reporting things such as sleeping on the job is part of the code of work ethics.

1 Like

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by TheKingsmann(m): 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
tooth4tooth:
I don't even know whether to pity him or hate him.🤷
How can you manage to Japan out this country only to start sleeping some mumu sleep on duty

At the same time, it will not be nice for the guy to be deported back to Naija. But that fellow Nigeria girl nor try at all.
You suppose know say some Nigerian youths are very lazy.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Kukutente23: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
post=126457755:
Men should be careful out there.
He made a mistake in sleeping at work, (sleeping extra minutes alongside his 45 minutes break),
But for a fellow Nigerian to be taking his pictures, recording a video of him sleeping and taking it to their supervisor is a no no.
That's all shades of wrong.
What happens to waking him up?
And he's just got 6 months to work, save and come back home.

For all of you abroad doing this to your fellow Nigerians,
una mind no go touch ground.
Walahi!

Give it up for the Hispanics, Asians and Indians abroad,
They all come together to support themselves.
It's only Nigeria that a company (Say Shell or Mobil) will plan end of the year party for all the foreigners working for them and each citizens from different countries have their tables,
But when it comes to Nigeria, you see 'em fools having 2 separate tables, one for Yoruba, One for Igbos.
That it even get their colleagues so confused and surprise!!
Nonsensical set of people.

We Rise.
Zombie dey rise?
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Quebec91(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
cheesy
SenatePresdo:
The girl did very well.

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dennisochampa:
I'm not taking sides and I feel sorry for him but common, more than 3 instances where he was sleeping?
Sleeping at work ain't nice especially for delicate jobs such as care workers...
What if something bad happens to who you're supposed to be taking care of while you're asleep
The lady wen report am for try talk to am first but then, sleeping at work as a habit is a very wrong attitude to work

If something bad happened while he was asleep, he would’ve been quick to blame it all on her.

3 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Tendd: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
A work place is not a place to sleep.You don't sleep at work hours.The so called "fellow Nigerian"is quite cautious of the work ethics at the work place and did what was required.l Hope many will learn from this incident.

4 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Pootle: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
Truths9ja:
Nigerians should be of help to themselves abroad and not enemies to themselves. Abeg I dey beg here. Don’t let village people rejoice over us oooo

and be a sworn enemy to themselves at home
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by grandstar(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
My cousin worked in a Sainsbury warehouse in London. It was night work and all who worked there were either Nigerian or Ghanian. All were contract staff

You are not allowed to sleep. If caught sleeping, it was an automatic sack.

My cousin in order not to drink drank 4 cans of energy drink (I can't remember the brand). The person who even introduced him to the job got fired when caught sleeping.

My cousin's work ethic was soon noticed by the company and they wanted to staff him.

Na there wahala come dey. My cousin has no papers. If they discovered it, he'll be sacked and perhaps reported top immigration.

He started misbehaving and the company decided not too staff him again.

Nigerians without papers are suffering.

3 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by tooth4tooth: 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
TheKingsmann:
You suppose know say some Nigerian youths are very lazy.
Yeah!
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Poanan: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:
stop talking rubbish. You think the night those people do is easy? save up and travel then get care job and see how easy it is. Have you asked yourself why they only employ blacks at night in most places? you are here typing rubbish because you are still doing mama thank ma. Na una type make slave trade succeed.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by alpamo6: 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
Truths9ja:
UK-based Nigerian man reportedly lost his care job after his female compatriot reported him to their supervisor

📹: @jectimi_comedy

Video Credit: instablog9ja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETLmeuL9BE?si=jT17vmiMaIZWHyZ9

Served him right, he carried his unproductive Nigerian attitude go UK. Sleeping on duty and expected to get paid.

3 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by sonofanarchy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
I had American girl friend, met her on Facebook, she's a nurse she's very friendly and always want to talk to me. She works with a Nigerian lady colleague an Igbo lady, when she told her (Nigerian colleague)about her boyfriend( Me) in Nigeria, how she's planning to come see me and know me better, this Nigerian lady, told her I might be a ritualist who tied her to make her fall in love with me and I'm a fraudster she didn't end there, she said majority of the boys there aren't of no good. Is this how you demarket your own country just because you want to feel among. This lady told me all what she said. Mind you, I don't know this Nigerian lady from Adam, she doesn't know me. I guess she was planning to Link this lady up with her brother or something or she's just purely evil. Few months later we broke up because she started feeling insecure about the whole thing because of what that lady said. In me next life I prefer to be lion in the jungle than a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by MasterTeeUSA: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
This is NOT Nigeria...You work till you drop dead. I will play the devil's advocate...I don't blame the lady. How can we be getting paid the same amount, and I am working and you are busy sleeping. No be juju be that. I am sure she probably warned him many times, and he might have even shown attitude like ...what's your business? Is it your job? Cos we have this entitlement mentality...you want to do little for more...we cant blame the person that recorded him... you are in health care, and if someone dies while you are sleeping, she will be in trouble if records or CCTV show that she was aware and did not report him. Every man and woman to him or herself.

Truths9ja:
UK-based Nigerian man reportedly lost his care job after his female compatriot reported him to their supervisor

📹: @jectimi_comedy

Video Credit: instablog9ja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETLmeuL9BE?si=jT17vmiMaIZWHyZ9

3 Likes

Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Bravepenis: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Everyone here are slaves to the white men directly or indirectly
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by danchuzzy(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why does he have an accent already
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Oosa4sure: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
YOU CAN NOW SEE THE REASON WHY THE COUNTRY IS WHAT IT IS TODAY,WE HATES OURSELVES AND THE REASON WE HAVE LEADERS WHO TREATS US WITH DISDAIN
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by FlawlessKarl: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:
Not everyone work as nairaland mod as you who stays at the comfort of your room and do whatever you like Without any supervision, and not everyone is okay with the meagre nonsense you're collecting here as salary. Stop foaming in the mouth and stop supporting evil. People are going through a lot, he's a human too, anyone can sleep on duty .. so spare me this shit here.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Truths9ja: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
alpamo6:

Served him right, he carried his unproductive Nigerian attitude go UK. Sleeping on duty and expected to get paid.
hmm 🤔 but you can’t cheat the nature now
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Truths9ja: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Pootle:

and be a sworn enemy to themselves at home
it is very unfortunate that we are witnessing this attitudes both at home and abroad. Very bad
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Truths9ja: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Mindlog:

He has only 60 days to look for another sponsored job. If he fails to get one within that time, back to Nigeria or he becomes illegal.
the guy won’t be deported cos’ the sacked guy will understand things and it’s been done in UK. The guy will surely overcome his challenges in uk 🇬🇧
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by SeriouslySense(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why did he sleep at work.

Such an unserious fellow, no work ethics.

If they were sensible, then she will help him to keep watch instead of reporting him, someone has to do the JOB.
Re: UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him by Truths9ja: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
ONNYX:

Different human capacities. Understand yours and work accordingly. Don't overstretch yourself because of the bait.

You could be causing problems for others. A supervisor can be sacked for ignoring your tardiness.

I rest my case.
As if the same supervisor don’t know the nature of the job and also the does and don’t of it. As if the supervisor don’t know that body no be firewood hmmm 🤔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.