Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy (18296 Views)

Cocaine To Overtake Crude Oil As Colombia’s Main Export After $18.2b Revenue / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / China To Overtake US As World's Biggest Economy By 2028, Report Predicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Billionairly: 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chei , Oh my God!...Chei, My People, My People...E don be for us so oh! It is finished

We were over 500B in gDp when SA was under 300 in 2013... Look at the last 10 years. And dont blame buhari, this is happening under BAT. He without thinking and planning cut our countrys currency by half. Soon, chad go pass us. While the Agbado miscreants on page 1 are ronu ing

All the great plans i had for nigeria. All the investments i made in millions of US in the name of building my homeland. All gone to literal drain. Im down over 10 times on my initial investment simply because of currency evaluation.

Yesterday they were talking about bringing Abachas hit man to run the National Defence Corps! Look if you havent sat yourself infront of the mirror and told yourself the truth of where this country is headed and plan ahead then you are an excuse for a human.

The signs were there before this man stole the presidency, the signs are even clearer where we are going with this mans policy.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by larryeffizy1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
Glory without any benefits for her Citizen... I beg make them overtake make shame hit our evils leaders..
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
THE ABOKI IN THE NORTH KNOW WHAT THE IGBOS ARE CAPABLE OF DOING IN UNDER 4 YEARS ALONE.

JUST 1 TERM, UNA GO SEE SPEED.

WE DONT HANG AROUND, ONCE CHANCE DEY.

SMALL OPENING, WE WILL MOVE THIS COUNTRY IN WAYS THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN MOVED IN A LONG TIME.

WE ARE CONFIDENT ABOUT IT AND WILL DO IT.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Coldie(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the one that doesn't travel. I have been to many African countries and I'm telling Naija is still better . These others just have one city to talk about and we have many.
Our comparison is Nigeria to South Africa.

Na u use ur mouth deviate into inviting other African countries.

Apart from population tell us the indices Nigeria use pass South Africa?

Passport wise SA passport is stronger,
Industrialization SA is more industrialized,
SA has better standards of education,
Infrastructure SA has better,
Immigration wise SA gets better immigrants, nobody wants to come to Nigeria. Only immigrants in Nigeria are those making questionable streams of income.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by motymop: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the one that doesn't travel. I have been to many African countries and I'm telling Naija is still better . These others just have one city to talk about and we have many.

Nigeria is only better than togo and Benin republic.

Nigeria isn't better than kenya or south africa.

For instance, kenya has 24/7 electricity.

All the major international brands are in kenya.

All the major international hotel brands are in kenya.

You will shop tire with just $200 in Nairobi. I mean shopping in 2 rivers or westgate malls where lot of international brands have shops

Nairobi has more infrastructure than lagos and abuja. It looks more modern than lagos and abuja.

I dont want to talk about Johannesburg or capetown because those 2 cities destroys every city in Nigeria that includes abuja and lagos.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by BobbieZion(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Have you been to South Africa,because I have been and I'm telling you their cities are not better than us with their useless lives of walking around naked everywhere even airport .

You mean Johannesburg,Pretoria and Cape town...
Are you sure you have been to SA.
Cause it seems you don't know what you are saying.

The bad thing about SA is the crime rate, just like Chicago. But in terms of Infrastructure, they are far ahead.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
Coldie:

Our comparison is Nigeria to South Africa.

Na u use ur mouth deviate into inviting other African countries.

Apart from population tell us the indices Nigeria use pass South Africa?

Passport wise SA passport is stronger,
Industrialization SA is more industrialized,
SA has better standards of education,
Infrastructure SA has better,
Immigration wise SA gets better immigrants, nobody wants to come to Nigeria. Only immigrants in Nigeria are those making questionable streams of income.

YES, FOR NOW SA IS STRONGER.

IT IS SO BECAUSE SINCE THE 1960s, NIGERIA HAVE BEEN RUN BY KLEPTOMANIAC.

PEOPLE NOT QUALIFIED TO RUN THE COUNTRY AND THIEVES.

TAKE FOR EXAMPLE BUHARI, INSTEAD OF THE ECONOMY, HE WAS MORE RELIGIOUS.

YET A WHOLE OIL TANKERS, WERE GOING MISSING AT SEA, UNDER HIS WATCH.

MEANWHILE SAUDI ARABIA AND UAE ARE ALL ABOUT THE ECONOMY, RELIGION COMES SECOND.

NEXT WORLD CUP, SAUDI ARABIA WILL ALLOW ALCOHOL.

EVERY NATION HAVE THEIR ECONOMY SAVY PEOPLE AND NIGERIA'S OWN IS THE IGBO PEOPLE OF SE.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Coldie(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

YES, FOR NOW SA IS STRONGER.

IT IS SO BECAUSE SINCE THE 1960s, NIGERIA HAVE BEEN RUN BY KLEPTOMANIAC.

PEOPLE NOT QUALIFIED TO RUN THE COUNTRY.

TAKE FOR EXAMPLE BUHARI, INSTEAD OF THE ECONOMY, HE WAS MORE RELIGIOUS.

MEANWHILE SAUDI ARABIA AND UAE ARE ALL ABOUT THE ECONOMY, RELIGION COMES SECOND.

NEXT WORLD CUP, SAUDI ARABIA WILL ALLOW ALCOHOL.

EVERY NATION HAVE THEIR ECONOMY SAVY PEOPLE AND NIGERIA'S OWN IS THE IGBO PEOPLE OF SE.

Nigeria is not a serious country.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Coronavirus1: 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
How many times trying to overtake.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by netricoin: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nigeria under BAT APC look like the largest prison in the world
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
Coldie:

Nigeria is not a serious country.

LET ME JUST SAY, INSTEAD OF BUILDING NIGERIA ECONOMY, WHAT WE HAVE ARE INDIVIDUALS, BUILDING THEIR FAMILY ECONOMY.

THAT WAY, THEIR CHILDREN TO THE 3RD AND 4TH GENERATION CAN NEVER GO BROKE.

TO EXPLAIN FURTHER MY LINE OF THOUGHT, WE HAVE REFINERY IN THIS COUNTRY BUT THE IMPORTERS IN GOV NEVER ALLOWED THEM TO WORK.

THEY KEPT SABOTAGING THE REFINERY.

NOW THEY CAME TOGETHER TO BUILD THEIR OWN CALLED DANGOTE REFINERY AND IT WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK.

FOR THEM, IT IS PERSONAL ECONOMY AND NOT NATIONAL ECONOMY.

THEY ARE LAZY BUSINESS MEN THAT USE THE STATE AS LEVERAGE FOR MONOPOLY, GAINING UNFAIR ADVANTAGES.

THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE POWER SECTOR AND IMPORTERS OF GENERATOR.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Princeton92(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
Expected
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by CodeTemplar: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the cursed one here
somebody named John obviously picked a phone from scrapyard.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
BobbieZion:

You mean Johannesburg,Pretoria and Cape town...
Are you sure you have been to SA.
Cause it seems you don't know what you are saying.

The bad thing about SA is the crime rate, just like Chicago. But in terms of Infrastructure, they are far ahead.

THE MONEY U WERE SUPPOSE TO USE FOR CONSTRUCTION ARE IN FOREIGN ACCOUNTS IN UAE, SAUDI ARABIA, EUROPE, ASIA AND AMERICA.

HOW DO U INTEND TO ERECT SUCH STRUCTURE, WHEN YOUR LEADERS ARE BUILDING FAMILY ECONOMY, AND THROWING AWAY BILLIONS IN FORFIETURE WHILST ON THE RUN TO AVOID CHARGES OF MONEY LAUNDERING?

NIGERIANS KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND NO SUCH STRUCTURES ARE NOT IMPOSSIBLE, THEY ARE BUDGETED AND ERECTED.

WE SHOULD HAVE STARTED IN THE 1960s, BUT WE WERE STEALING AND BUILDING PERSONAL MANSIONS NOT MORE THAN 1 STOREY BUILDING AND CELEBRATING OURSELVES INDIVIDUALLY AS GREAT MEN.

U KNOW WHAT'S UP AND HOW TO FIX IT.

RETURN THE COUNTRY BACK TO DEFAULT SETTING LIKE IT WAS BEFORE THE WAR AND COUP.

THE IGBOS HAVE TO RUN NIGERIA TO REVIVE THE ENTIRE SECTORS OF THE ECONOMY.

OUR ALMAJIRI BROTHERS FROM THE NORTH MUST BE PREVENTED FROM SEEING OUR ECONOMY AS A WAY TO FIX POVERTY BY LOOTING IT DRY FOR THEIR ELITE AND LIKEWISE THE YORUBA KNOW BETTER BUT HAVE JOINED THE KLEPTOMANIACS FROM THE NORTH.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by JayElectroNika: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dey play !

1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by DonroxyII: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:
Apart from population there is no other positive indices that Nigeria used to beat South Africa.
We sabi whine women pass them abeg getat!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Kennitrust(m): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Briefly my foot.

Is there anything working again in this country since it was been handed over to certificate forger by INEC?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Kennitrust(m): 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:
Apart from population there is no other positive indices that Nigeria used to beat South Africa.
the population self na fake because there are people who doesn't want to be part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by InvertedHammer: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
/

Nigeria is like that beautiful damsel that every guy tells that she is very pretty just to have a taste of her juice.

But behind her back, they know that she ain't worth zilch just a 304.

But for her mind, she is the Queen of the block.

/
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/

Nigeria is like that beautiful damsel that every guy tells that she is very pretty just to have a taste of her juice.

But behind her back, they know that she ain't worth zilch just a 304.

But for her mind, she is the Queen of the block.

/

THAT IS Y U SHOULD ALLOW THE IGBOS THAT TRUILY BELIEVE NIGERIA TO BE A BEAUTIFUL DAMSEL RUN IT.

IGBOS LOVE THIS COUNTRY BUT WANT TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF DISHONESTY FROM THE NORTH IN PARTICUYLAR.

SEE HOW WE DID ELECTION, ONE NORTHERNER RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACE CHANGE ALL THE RESULT TO PLEASE HIMSELF.

I KNOW, HE FEELS LIKE HE HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH THAT, BUT THE DAY ANY OF US SMELL POWER, HE WILL SPEND MINIMUM 10 YEARS IN JAIL
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by slowice(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Our population is useless to us... People giving birth indiscriminately to children that no one caters to is a recipe for disaster.

Big economy with insane level of poverty? I think SA is in a far far better place than us and we are actually the ones playing catchup in the real sense.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by NairaMaster1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Stupid talk from a self hater. What useless indices you talk about. Is South Africa Canada now . Wonders shall never end. No country is better than Nigeria in Africa eve with useless leaders like that cursed Bat

I agree with you
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Phantom233: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nigeria had long ceased to be Africa's leading economy whePDP lost in 2015. Yhw demonic backward Apc led government had returned us to a stone age where people use money to buy their monies in bank. Now all the they can offer is palliatives.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by grandstar(m): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:

Nigeria's economy would have been double the size of South Africa if not for Buhari's disastrous 8 years in power.

Fayemi said the last time Nigeria developed was in 2014. Imagine GDP in 2013 was $500bn!

What is even sadder is that South Africa's economy has been growing at a very slow pace. Nothing to write home about. That shows you how bad things are.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
slowice:
Our population is useless to us... People giving birth indiscriminately to children that no one caters to is a recipe for disaster.

Big economy with insane level of poverty? I think SA is in a far far better place than us and we are actually the ones playing catchup in the real sense.

THE NUMBER 1 PEOPLE DOING THAT ARE ALSO OUR BROTHERS IN THE NORTH.

THEY ARE THE ONLY MUSLIMS DOING MASS WEDDING OR BREEDING PROGRAMME BECAUSE OF OIL MONEY.

THEY ARE ALSO THE GROUP OF BORN TO RULE, THE NUMBER 1 PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Earthquakes:

Oga you have obviously not been to South Africa, because if you have you wouldn't open your mouth and compare Nigeria and south Africa.
In a place like Johannesburg, people use electric gates to show you that power issues has been solved since, the same water you use to bath is used for drinking.
Google, Amazon, Microsoft etc are already there years ago. If you have been to SA you will understand why Nigerians resumed to come back

Rantings of a stupid uneducated dunce. Which yeye South Africa you talk about , the one I went to 6 months ago with stupid naked people in a dirty airport. Useless untravelled lazy man
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
misreal:
A large population that we cannot feed.
Nigeria's population is beginning to look like a curse
They curse yourself, country way dey just dey born like rabbit?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
LET US TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SIZE OF GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA.

DO U KNOW THAT NIGERIA UNDER TINUBU HAVE 45 MINISTERS?

THE UK HAS ABOUT 27 AND THE US HAS ABOUT 27 ALSO.

NOW WHEN IT COMES TO SENATORS, THE USA WITH 50 STATES HAS ABOUT 100 SENATORS.

NIGERIA WITH 36 STATES HAS ABOUT 107 SENATORS.

WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT CUTTING THE COST OF GOVERNANCE AND REDUCING WASTE, THE NORTH DONT WANT TO HEAR IT BECAUSE AL LOT OF THEM WANT TO PRESIDENT AND POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS.

THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT NIGERIA POLITICS IS THEIR INDUSTRY BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS.

YET WE CANNOT DO NOTHIN WITH THE OIL AND GAS BECAUSE WE ARE LIVING BEYOND OUR MEANS AND FROM HAND TO MOUTH.

I NEVER MENTION HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE HERE.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
I FORGOT TO ADD THAT NIGERIA SENATORS AND MINISTERS EARN MORE THAN US AND UK MINISTERS AND SENATORS IN DOLLARS.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:
LET US TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SIZE OF GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA.

DO U KNOW THAT NIGERIA UNDER TINUBU HAVE 45 MINISTERS?

THE UK HAS ABOUT 27 AND THE US HAS ABOUT 27 ALSO.

NOW WHEN IT COMES TO SENATORS, THE USA WITH 50 STATES HAS ABOUT 100 SENATORS.

NIGERIA WITH 36 STATES HAS ABOUT 107 SENATORS.

WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT CUTTING THE COST OF GOVERNANCE AND REDUCING WASTE, THE NORTH DONT WANT TO HEAR IT BECAUSE AL LOF THEM WANT TO PRESIDENT AND POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS.

THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT NIGERIA POLITICS IS THEIR INDUSTRY BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS.

YET WE CANNOT DO NOTHIN WITH THE OIL AND GAS BECAUSE WE ARE LIVING BEYOND OUR MEANS AND FROM HAND TO MOUTH.

I NEVER MENTION HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE HERE.
Na this your one track mentality that most of you Nigerians have that is keeping the country grounded,

The great Fela Kuti coined it colonial mentality, which metaphors into Military mentality, one man rule, blame in on the central, The Federal Government, meanwhile the States & Local governments first enshrined into the constitution of 1979, now 1999 As Amended add no value to the system.

Still you in your supposed criticism you are only yapping The Federal? Quite obvious that you people do not understand the system of government you are practicing in The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by DOM7: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Temporarily you said? Bye bye to Jedi Jedi Nigeria needs to miracle to bring itself out of this self mess of a economy
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by BoldBrainz(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:

Many run down, useless and undeveloped cities like borno, yewa, adamawa, iragbiji etc grin

Don't wake up e hia, keep dreaming

Borno, Yewa, Adamawa, Iragbiji are not even cities. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism / Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.