Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy (18298 Views)

Cocaine To Overtake Crude Oil As Colombia’s Main Export After $18.2b Revenue / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / China To Overtake US As World's Biggest Economy By 2028, Report Predicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Airlord2030: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Brown roof dweller,you'll stay hating on hardworking igbos for ever. Igbos are your masters in your own Land. Cursed son of a skull miner
anything to make yourself feel good...

We lock ladipo market and your people have been wailing ever since on different social media platforms grin

Useless immigrants
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
BIZNess123:
Thrash..

Nigeria's economy is 500 Billion plus that of SA is 300B+ ....

I just checked it now

SA IS PART OF A REGIONAL BLOCK OF SUPER POWERS.

TRADING WITH INDIA ALONE IS SUFFICINET TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THEIR GDP.

LET US NOT MENTION CHINA, BRAZIL, RUSSIA, UAE, SAUDI ARABIA, ARGENTINA, IRAN, EGYPT AND THEN ETHIOPIA.

OK ETHIOPIA IS THE SICK MAN IN THE GROUP

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Chetas81(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
YES, BECAUSE NIGERIAN PREFER MIRACLE OVER IDEAS,NO MAGIC CAN DO THE JOB OF INTELLIGENT, NIGERIA JUST START TO GO DOWN IN VALUE AS WE REFUSED TO ADD VALUE, BORROW MONEY TO BUY SUV IS THEIR FIRST PRIORITY, OLUYA AND ERANKO CITIZEN REMAIN IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
Airlord2030:

We lock ladipo market and your people have been wailing ever since on different social media platforms grin

Useless immigrants

AGAIN, LOCKING MARKET IS WHAT HAPPENS IN A ZOOLOGICAL REP.

IT MAKES NO ECONOMIC SENSE AND HENCE AN IDIOTIC VENTURE.

IF NIGERIA WAS A PROPER COUNTRY, THAT SHOULD BE UNIMAGINABLE.

WE PUT ECONOMY FIRST BEFORE SENTIMENT, TRIBALISM AND RELIGIUOUS BIGOTRY.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Sniper101(m): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
With BAT piloting the affairs of that country, we shouldn't be surprised if SA overtakes 'em in terms of economic growth 📈

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Airlord2030:

Useless immigrants

Yellowbar bastard,we run your lagos and sw in general and we will take the good parts and leave the fulanis to take the rest and your stupid lazy asses will be driven to a refugee camp in Benin republic. Idiots.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
MrBONE2:

Biaaaaa Bwana grin

Stupid dunce
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by BIZNess123(m): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

SA IS PART OF A REGIONAL BLOCK OF SUPER POWERS.

TRADING WITH INDIA ALONE IS SUFFICINET TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THEIR GDP.

LET US NOT MENTION CHINA, BRAZIL, RUSSIA, UAE, SAUDI ARABIA, ARGENTINA, IRAN, EGYPT AND THEN ETHIOPIA.

OK ETHIOPIA IS THE SICK MAN IN THE GROUP

Nigeria also trades with the those countries you mentioned in fact India is one of our largest trading partners
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bigsunny01:

Bro stop comparing south africa to dis country abeg

South africa is even more develop dan most of dose europian countries

You're very stupid. Which yeye SA isbetter than Europe. Have ever been to any airport before . Idiot
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
NairaMaster1:

I agree with you

You're a smart man
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
somebody named John obviously picked a phone from scrapyard.

Cursed scratched face demon spooted
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Yellowbar bastard,we run your lagos and sw in general and we will take the good parts and leave the fulanis to take the rest and your stupid lazy asses will be driven to a refugee camp in Benin republic. Idiots.

LAGOS IS IN SW, HENCE YORUBA REGION.

AND IT IS A GLORIFIED GHETTO WITH OPEN GUTTERS EVERYWHERE.

IF NIGERIA END TODAY, WE WILL TAKE BIAFRA AND LEAVE LAGOS WITH OUR YORUBA BROTHERS IN SW.

SO, WE ARE TAKING NOTHING BUT HELPING THEM CO-DEVELOP THAT CITY, FOR AS LONG AS NIGERIA CONTINUES.

IGBOS WILL NOT TAKE YORUBA LAND, BECAUSE WE HAVE LAND IN THE EAST.

NOT EVEN ABUJA, ARE WE TAKING WITH US.

THE PEOPLE THAT WILL TAKE YORUBA LAND, ALREADY DID AND NOW IN THEIR FOREST.

THE LANDLESS FULANI.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
BobbieZion:

You mean Johannesburg,Pretoria and Cape town...
Are you sure you have been to SA.
Cause it seems you don't know what you are saying.

The bad thing about SA is the crime rate, just like Chicago. But in terms of Infrastructure, they are far ahead.

You're taking photos of Europe and brazil to claim it as that xenophobia shithole .
What a dunce. Some of us have been to South Africa where people still wear useless animal skin in public . Very backward and stupid country.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
motymop:

Nigeria is only better than togo and Benin republic.

Nigeria isn't better than kenya or south africa.

For instance, kenya has 24/7 electricity.

All the major international brands are in kenya.

All the major international hotel brands are in kenya.

You will shop tire with just $200 in Nairobi. I mean shopping in 2 rivers or westgate malls where lot of international brands have shops

Nairobi has more infrastructure than lagos and abuja. It looks more modern than lagos and abuja.

I dont want to talk about Johannesburg or capetown because those 2 cities destroys every city in Nigeria that includes abuja and lagos.

You're a self hating slave. What yeye infrastructure in Nairobi and Johannesburg grin. The same Nairobi with hungry runners ? The same Johannesburg withered girls in the 21st century? cheesy. Hediot travel
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You're a self hating slave. What yeye infrastructure in Nairobi and Johannesburg grin. The same Nairobi with hungry runners ? The same Johannesburg withered girls in the 21st century? cheesy. Hediot travel

WATCH THIS PLACE, KENYA AND TELL US WHERE IN NIGERIA LOOKS LIKE NAIROBI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gP95pkoAOI
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
Coldie:

Our comparison is Nigeria to South Africa.

Na u use ur mouth deviate into inviting other African countries.

Apart from population tell us the indices Nigeria use pass South Africa?

Passport wise SA passport is stronger,
Industrialization SA is more industrialized,
SA has better standards of education,
Infrastructure SA has better,
Immigration wise SA gets better immigrants, nobody wants to come to Nigeria. Only immigrants in Nigeria are those making questionable streams of income.

He goat .what passport when they don't travel ? Industrialisation more than Nigeria when everyone knows we are more industrious than them? Better education when they are xenophobia?infrastructure likethe slum soweto? The hardworking immigrants like our Igbo brothers that they are jealous of? Rubbish
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
Earthquakes:

Oga you have obviously not been to South Africa, because if you have you wouldn't open your mouth and compare Nigeria and south Africa.
In a place like Johannesburg, people use electric gates to show you that power issues has been solved since, the same water you use to bath is used for drinking.
Google, Amazon, Microsoft etc are already there years ago. If you have been to SA you will understand why Nigerians resumed to come back

Useless talk. Is this not the same South Africa with massive unemployment and poverty?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
BIZNess123:

Nigeria also trades with the those countries you mentioned in fact India is one of our largest trading partners

IT IS DIFFERENT WHEN U ARE A MEMBER OF THEIR TRADING BLOCK.

TAX BENEFITS AND YOU CAN EVEN USE NAIRA TO BUY THINGS FROM THEM. ETC
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by omu4364(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

GIVEN NORAML CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN AN ABOKI IN THE NORTH, BE ACADEMICALLY AND INTELLECTUALLY MORE OUTSTANDING LIKE THE IGBOS?

SORRY BUT IGBO WERE THEIR TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS IN THE NORTH.

LIKEWISE TO AN EXTENT IN SW.

THESE GROUPS DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO OPERATE NIGERIA ECONOMY EFFICIENTLY.

THE ONLY OTHER PEOPLE THAT COME CLOSE IS THE YORUBA BUT THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD ON THE ECONOMY LIKE THE IGBOS.

GO TO ONITSHA AND SEE HIGH-RISE BUILDING THERE, WHERE ELSE HAVE THEM?

IF NOT FOR OIL AND CAPITAL CITY STATUS, U SUPPOSE KNOW WHAT LAGOS AND ABUJA LOOK.

I agree with you about those from the North.

Like I said earlier, all Nigeria politicians are the same.
The governors are supposed to develop the state. But nothing is functioning including your Igbo governors..

Onitsha is overrated. Nothing to write home about. Thugs everywhere, bad roads leading to the market, most building in the market are not safe for use. Dirts everywhere
I live in Asaba and I usually go to Onitsha.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
omu4364:

The governors are supposed to develop the state. But nothing is functioning including your Igbo governors..

Onitsha is overrated. Nothing to write home about. Thugs everywhere, bad roads leading to the market, most building in the market are not safe for use. Dirts everywhere

BUT ONITSHA IS STILL BETTER BUILT THAN LAGOS AND ABUJA.

A CITY BUILT BY INDIVIDUALS.

SHOW ME ANY PLACE LIKE ONITSHA.

HIGH RISE EVERYWHERE, BUILT BY THE COMMON MAN, OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET.

THEY ARE CURRENTLY CLEANING UP THE OLD ONITSHA CITY, WITH DRAINAGES COVER AND WALK WAY.

THEIR WILL BE A MODERN UPGRADE WITH SKYSCRAPPERS AND MORE, THE PLAN IS BEING DRAWN UP AS WE SPEAK.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
THE EASTERN EQUIVALENT TO LAGOS IS SUPPOSE TO BE ONITSHA.

FUNNY ENOUGH, WHEN PEOPLE TRAVL EAST AND THEY ARRIVE ONITSHA THEY ALWAYS SAY THEY PAST A PLACE THAT LOOKS LIKE LAGOS.

THAT IS FOR THOSE NOT FROM THE EAST AND TRAVELING BY ROAD TO AKWA IBOM, IMO, ETC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjuPmXK-Jtk
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
omu4364:

Asaba is the other half of Onitsha, they are the same people.

it is a big city indeed.

if u develop that side, we develop onitsha, link them up with bridges, tunnel and cable car.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by gabbasin: 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
misreal:
A large population that we cannot feed.
Nigeria's population is beginning to look like a curse
our population is a curse already, population growth without economic growth is a recipe for disaster. An unproductive populace procreating like rats, lazy populace multiplying anyhow thinking government will give them jobs and put food on their tables

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
gabbasin:
our population is a curse already, population growth without economic growth is a recipe for disaster. An unproductive populace procreating like rats, lazy populace multiplying anyhow thinking government will give them jobs and put food on their tables

We are still better than the useless country South Africa that get free money from their government every month for being lazy. We are hardworkers and sharp
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
gabbasin:

OUR POPULATION IS A BABY PYTHON, LET IT KEEP GROWING, SOON, THE ELITES WILL RUN.

IT IS JUST A MATTER OF SMALL TIME NOW, EVERYBODY GO CARRY AK47.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by BobbieZion(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You're taking photos of Europe and brazil to claim it as that xenophobia shithole .
What a dunce. Some of us have been to South Africa where people still wear useless animal skin in public . Very backward and stupid country.

I don't make my analysis based on sentiments or emotions, it is based on been objective.

Wearing animal skin is based on their Zulu warrior culture.
We still have gypsy in Europe that still wear their attire or the Scottish that wear skirts.

You wey dey form exposed no even know anything.
I never even comot for Naija I don already know much, not to talk of when I jarzin Yankee.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Airlord2030: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

just to brag on the internet that is what you gorillas know how to do.

when we destroy your houses and lock your markets here, you can only wail online
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
BobbieZion:

I don't make my analysis based on sentiments or emotions, it is based on been objective.

Wearing animal skin is based on their Zulu warrior culture.
We still have gypsy in Europe that still wear their attire or the Scottish that wear skirts.

You wey dey form exposed no even know anything.
I never even comot for Naija I don already know much, not to talk of when I jarzin Yankee.

Dunce ,travel and learn something and be exposed to real things not your nonsense air head
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by BobbieZion(m): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Dunce ,travel and learn something and be exposed to real things not your nonsense air head

Yes massa!!
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Airlord2030:

when we destroy your houses and lock your markets here, you can only wail online

OK, I WILL LEAVE U MONKEYS TO CONTINUE TRIBAL WAR ONLINE.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Airlord2030:

Lazy bastard thief and terrorist. You can't destroy an igbo man spirit. We are the masters and backbone of Nigeria economy. We own and control your every move
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
YORUBA NOO VEX ME REACH THE WAY FULANI TAKE DEY VEX ME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases / Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.