Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy (18294 Views)

Cocaine To Overtake Crude Oil As Colombia’s Main Export After $18.2b Revenue / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / China To Overtake US As World's Biggest Economy By 2028, Report Predicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Bigsunny01(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Have you been to South Africa,because I have been and I'm telling you their cities are not better than us with their useless lives of walking around naked everywhere even airport .

Bro stop comparing south africa to dis country abeg

South africa is even more develop dan most of dose europian countries

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
DOM7:
Temporarily you said? Bye bye to Jedi Jedi Nigeria needs to miracle to bring itself out of this self mess of a economy
Lazy man, who are you blaming.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Na this your one track mentality that most of you Nigerians have that is keeping the country grounded,

The great Fela Kuti coined it colonial mentality, which metaphors into Military mentality, one man rule, blame in on the central, The Federal Government, meanwhile the States & Local governments first enshrined into the constitution of 1979, now 1999 As Amended add no value to the system.

Still you in your supposed criticism you are only yapping The Federal? Quite obvious that you people do not understand the system of government you are practicing in The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I KNEW WHEN I MENTIONED THE GOVERNMENT OFFICE, THE SNAKE WILL RAISE ITS HEAD.

THE LAST TIME I CREATED A THREAD ON GOVERNEMT OFFICE AND COST OF GOVERNANCE, THEY QUICKLY DELETED IT ON NAIRALAND AFTER LEAVING ME INSULTS ON THE THREAD.

NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY IS DOING NOTHING WITH 45 MINIISTERS AND 107 SENATORS, 360 HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE, EARNING MORE THAN THEIR COLLEAGUES IN US AND UK.

UK AND USA, DONT HAVE THAT MUCH PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bigsunny01:

Bro stop comparing south africa to dis country abeg

South africa is even more develop dan most of dose europian countries
Go parts of Soweto, you will curse the people in Nigeria that made you Runaway 🏃‍♀️ from your country that is so mightily blessed.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Go parts of Soweto, you will curse the people in Nigeria that made you Runaway 🏃‍♀️ from your country that is so mightily blessed.

NIGERIA IS GREAT AS LONG AS YOU DEY ANSWER SENATORS, THEY CARRY ASHAWO AND DRIVE CONVOY.

UNA BE THIEF AND ONE DAY WILL BE FOR THE OWNER.

AS UNA DEY DO, WE DEY KEEP TRACK
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

I KNEW WHEN I MENTIONED THE GOVERNMENT OFFICE, THE SNAKE WILL RAISE ITS HEAD.

THE LAST TIME I CREATED A THREAD ON GOVERNEMT OFFICE AND COST OF GOVERNANCE, THEY QUICKLY DELETED IT ON NAIRALAND AFTER LEAVING ME INSULTS ON THE THREAD.

NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY IS DOING NOTHING WITH 45 MINIISTER AND 107 SENATORS, 360 HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE, EARNING MORE THAN THEIR COLLEAGUES IN US AND UK.

UK AND USA, DONT HAVE THAT MUCH PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS
Why must you compare our own system of government to UK & The United States, Lazy people like you that add no value, & think that because they can just open their oblivious minds & arm chair criticism, think they are exempted from blame of the rot?

Like I said earlier you do not understand the system you practice, Nigeria was once 3 regions, some agitated it was turned to 4, after a few years some clamored it was turned to 12 states, after that some more agitated it was turned to 19 states, more people shouted it was turned to 36 states.

Stop living in your illusion of utopia, what you see in Nigeria today is what you get, go and blame your ancestors if you don’t like the system, nobody force them born you for The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by tonididdy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why are we deceiving ourselves ... We lost that title 10yrs ago

Wake up and smell the coffee! Nigeria!
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Why must you compare our own system of government to UK & The United States, Lazy people like you that add no value, & think that because they can just open their oblivious minds & arm chair criticism, think they are exempted from blame of the rot?

Like I said earlier you do not understand the system you practice, Nigeria was once 3 regions, some agitated it was turned to 4, after a few years some clamored it was turned to 12 states, after that some more agitated it was turned to 19, more people shouted it was turned to 36.

Stop living in your illusion of utopia, what you see in Nigeria today is what you get, go and blame your a ancestors if you don’t like the system, nobody force them born you for The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH YOU.

YOU FEEL THAT THINGS ARE OK IN NIGERIA AND IT SHOULD CONTINUE LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE AT THE TOP.

WASTING PUBLIC MONEY AND STEALING AS MUCH AS U LIKE.

DEEP DOWN, U TOO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WHICH IS WHY U ARE REACTING TO THAT POST.

I HAVE DEALT WITH YOUR TYPE IN REAL LIFE AND ONLINE, SO I WAS EXPECTING YOU.

THE REACTION IS THAT OF A BABY WITH FEEDING BOTTLE IN THE MOUTH AND U SNATCH IT AWAY OR IN YOUR CASE FEAR OF IT BEING SNATCHED AWAY.

ONCE IGBO ENETR, WE WILL SNATCH IT AWAY.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Doris4ever(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
This is a challenge to Nigeria to sit up and work as the big brother in Africa. The world is waiting to see Nigeria at the top.

Meanwhile
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check contact on my profile.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Horus(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nigeria to lose crown as Africa’s biggest economy to South Africa in 2024

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
tonididdy:
Why are we deceiving ourselves ... We lost that title 10yrs ago

Wake up and smell the coffee! Nigeria!
Guy you don’t know what you are talking about, even when I visited Joburg, maximum fear & respect for Nigeria by the South Africans that are enlightened.

Nigeria na massive economy, South Africa companies want to enter the market & try their luck.

Not putting in mind those nuisance Nigerians, make I no mention tribe, that are controlling the crime scene.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by CSTRR: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
APC have ran down the economy and the country.
Ran it down completely.

And animals that claim to love Nigeria are still supporting them.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MrBONE2(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:
Apart from population there is no other positive indices that Nigeria used to beat South Africa.

Ayam telling you Bwana grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
Horus:
Nigeria to lose crown as Africa’s biggest economy to South Africa in 2024

WHICH CROWN?

THE DIRTIES AFRICAN COUNTRY?

I HATE IT THAT DAFT LIKE YOUR KIND HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO REDUCE EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY TO BAREST MINIMUM, INCLUDING REASONING.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Bigsunny01(m): 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:

Dere is no country without a slum in de world

Just like comparing Lagos to Johannesburg and Abuja to Cape town, dose South Africa cities are top notch

South Africa wouldn't have see our back if only will have good people in our system
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by TheKingsmann(m): 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
Xenophobic Africa
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
ANYDAY IGBO ENETR GOVERNMENT, SAY BYE TO ALL YOUR SENATORS, REPS AND MINISTER.

WE GO CUT EVERYTHING.

TIME FOR REALITY CHECK.

GO AND FIND WORK AND STOP SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING AND COLLECTING MONEY TO GO Bleep ASHAWO.

ALL OUR GIRLS HAVE BEEN TURNED TO RUNS GIRL BECAUSE OF POLITHIVIANS.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MrBONE2(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Have you been to South Africa,because I have been and I'm telling you their cities are not better than us with their useless lives of walking around naked everywhere even airport .

Biaaaaa Bwana grin

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Quebec91(m): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
cheesy
misreal:
A large population that we cannot feed.
Nigeria's population is beginning to look like a curse
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bigsunny01:

Dere is absolute no country without a slum in de world

Just like comparing Lagos to Johannesburg and Abuja to Cape town, dose South Africa cities are top notch

We would have be more develop if only will have good people in our system
Guy you are looking @ infrastructure Oyibo man built, go & tell this nonsense to the average black South African, & you would realize how ignorant you really are, theee are mad opportunities in Nigeria, & like you rightfully said, we are a country of terrible citizens.

I argued same after I visited Joburg years ago after landing @ Oliver Thambo International, no different from an American Airport, but opportunities dey Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MrBONE2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
shiwex:
BUHARI/APC really messed up our ecomomy.
cheesy

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by misreal(m): 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
grin grin
Burob:
They curse yourself, country way dey just dey born like rabbit?
nigeria was 50mil lion as at the time I was born
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by tonididdy(m): 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Guy you don’t know what you are talking about, even when I visited Joburg, maximum fear & respect for Nigeria by the South Africans that are enlightened.

Nigeria na massive economy, South Africa companies want to enter the market & try their luck.

Not putting in mind those nuisance Nigerians, make I no mention tribe, that are controlling the crime scene.

Is crime a measurement of a country's GDP?
What's massive in today's economy? Tell me what's investable in Nigeria atm?

Nigerians in diaspora have this general aurora of 'mystic, wowness, surrounding them.
I have traveled Europe and the middle east and yes I know the feeling you trying to decsvibe but only you and I know the truth.
Is Nigeria investable? Why do we all want to leave and leave permanently.

Do you know safs do not like to live or work abroad away from home. Do your research! They are almost visa free to the US ( maybe not almost but definitely 1000% easier to travel and work in America as a saf)
Give that opportunity to Nigerians ....and the country will be emptied in 72hrs

...and you call our economy big?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Guy you are looking @ infrastructure Oyibo man built, go & tell this nonsense to the average black South African, & you would realize how ignorant you really are, theee are mad opportunities in Nigeria, & like you rightfully said, we are a country of terrible citizens.

I argued same after I visited Joburg years ago after landing @ Oliver Thambo International, no different from an American Airport, but opportunities dey Nigeria.

THAT IS Y NIGERIANS ARE IN SA AND RISKING THEIR LIVES ON THE HIGH SEA.

IT IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE POSTING, SO NIGERIANS CAN SEE THE PEOPLE DOING THEM.

NO CONSCIENCE!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
misreal:
grin ;Dnigeria was 50mil lion as at the time I was born
Nigeria’s population is projected to surpass the United States 345 million people by 2050, watched the analysis on Bloomberg news months ago, by the turn of the century Nigeria is projected to be the second most populous country in the world after India.

Don’t know what to say, basket case race.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by justmondris: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Stupid talk from a self hater. What useless indices you talk about. Is South Africa Canada now . Wonders shall never end. No country is better than Nigeria in Africa eve with useless leaders like that cursed Bat

No country is better than Nigeria in Africa? Interms of what exactly?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Nigeria’s population is projected to surpass the United States 345 million people by 2050, watched the analysis on Bloomberg news months ago, by the turn of the century Nigeria is projected to be the second most populous country in the world after India.

I DOUBT ANY OF THAT TO BE TRUE.

NIGERIA CENSOR IS NOT CREDIBLE.

NOTHING UNDER NIGERIA GOVERNMENT WORKS.

ALL LIES...
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

I DOUBT ANY OF THAT TO BE TRUE.

NIGERIA CENSOR IS NOT CREDIBLE.

NOTHING UNDER NIGERIA GOVERNMENT WORKS

ALL LIES...
Bloomberg Business News 411 DSTV is my source, not everyone on Nairaland is Local & Native minded like you.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Bloomberg news 411 DSTV is my source.

WELL, NIGERIA CENSOR IS RIGGED JUST LIKE THEIR ELECTION.

HOW MANY NIGERIANS DID THEY ACTUALLY COUNT?

THEY JUST MANUFACTURE ANY NONSENSE TO REMAIN RELEVANT AS THE SHIT HOLE OF AFRICA
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by smartr: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
Good news everywhere. God bless Tinubu. God bless APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

WELL, NIGERIA CENSOR IS RIGGED JUST LIKE THEIR ELECTION.

HOW MANY NIGERIANS DID THEY ACTUALLY COUNT?

THEY JUST MANUFACTURE ANY NONSENSE TO REMAIN RELEVANT AS THE SHIT HOLE OF AFRICA
It is based on projection Mr Man, stop trying to justify your ignorance.

If you doubt it, go & do your own.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
smartr:
Good news everywhere. God bless Tinubu. God bless APC.

GOD BLESS U BRO, NO BE YOUR FAULT SAY NIGERIANS DON DEY MAD.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism / Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.