Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy (18297 Views)

Cocaine To Overtake Crude Oil As Colombia’s Main Export After $18.2b Revenue / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / China To Overtake US As World's Biggest Economy By 2028, Report Predicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You're very foolish. Come to oweri and see beauty you fool
City without 24hrs light?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Rayban26: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Theres nothing like briefly. Tinubu has not even started. When he really starts with you Nigerians Nigeria will be the poorest African nation.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by miniziter(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Tinubu legacy
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by pepetua(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Set to or is ?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Dougad: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Seun you and your site really dey mad.

Over one year, that nonsense Cloudfare rubbish you still never fix and you call yourself businessman

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by GoodRocks: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Stupid talk from a self hater. What useless indices you talk about. Is South Africa Canada now . Wonders shall never end. No country is better than Nigeria in Africa eve with useless leaders like that cursed Bat

Unfortunately ever since the drug lord took over, majorly all Africa countries are by far better and ahead of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by southsouthking(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nigerians stop deceiving yourself, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco has bigger economy than Nigeria.
Zambia and Kenya will overcome Nigeria very soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by moneyissweet(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Since wey Nigeria get that title wetin Dem use ahieve.

Una dey crase
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Dougad: 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Was our GDP last year not 500billion + usd?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Evilthoughts: 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Before now , we reach dem?
With MTN & DSTV there in Nigeria milking our people

Inferiority complex will finish this one . Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Hezmatosky: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
Op, it is not overtake. You can only overtake a moving vehicle. But when its stationed, it is call waka pass. Nigeria economic is stationed long time ago. Even a crawling economy can pass us

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SmartyPants(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:
Apart from population there is no other positive indices that Nigeria used to beat South Africa.

Clearly not true. Nigeria suffers from 77% poverty which implies that a huge chunk of the population are not contributing much to the GDP.

In the realest sense 95% of Nigeria's GDP is probably generated within Abuja, Kano and 4 key Southern cities (Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Onitsha, and Abuja). In essence our GDP exists despite a huge unproductive mass not because of it.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
EFFECTS OF BRICS MEMBERSHIP.

ALL I WILL SAY TO MY NIGERIAN BROTHERS IS THAT THEY SHOULD ALLOW IGBO PEOPLE RUN THIS COUNTRY FOR 2 TERM.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RESET OUR ECONOMY.

THIS IS NOT AN APPPEAL BUT A NECESSITY.

IGBOS KNOW BUSINESS AND ECONOMY.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by zhirkovrado(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abeg make them overtake this yeye country go far! What's even my benefit for Nigeria economy, when economy good na steal them the steal all the money. Upon all the countries of the world why they even born me for Nigeria??

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SouthernPlateau: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jos and Shendam Plateau are not finer than any cities in Nigeria, however Jos and Shendam are lovelier than the remaining of Africa plus Madagascar and Jamaica. Plus Nigeria being the home of the The Most Wealthy Africans since time immemorial, Jos and Shendam have been feeding Africa...where I wan go

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Angelfrost(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Under normal circumstances, South Africa no suppose see Naija back for any aspect...!

This is a whole new low for the one-time Giant of Africa and the largest African economy.

Poor Leadership is worse than an epidemic.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Lifestone(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
post=126457582:
GOD BLESS AFRICA
God BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by keymatt(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
No thanks to the Mandate Thief. grin grin

Operation SHEGE now in FULL GEAR. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SoNature(m): 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Stupid talk from a self hater. What useless indices you talk about. Is South Africa Canada now . Wonders shall never end. No country is better than Nigeria in Africa eve with useless leaders like that cursed Bat

That's not true. What makes Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa is her population. The government doesn't make efforts to develop her economy. Just imagine that a country of 220 million still uses 4 megawatts of power after 60 years of independence. Everyone is only interested in how they will steal from the system. Nigeria is a disgrace to the black race.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
zhirkovrado:
Abeg make them overtake this yeye country go far! What's even my benefit for Nigeria economy, when economy good na steal them the steal all the money. Upon all the countries of the world why they even born me for Nigeria??

SEE NIGERIA IS NOT EVEN TRYING, YET AFRICA BIGGEST ECONOMY, WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN WE TRY EVEN SMALL.

I SWEAR, TO FIX NIGERIA IS HARD BUT ONLY THE IGBOS WILL KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

EVERYBODY HAD A GO, EXCEPT THE IGBOS.

TINUBU CANNOT DO IT EVEN IN 20 YEARS.

GO AND SEE LAGOS DEBT PROFILE, YOU WIL SHOUT.

I KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING AND THE NIGERIAN YOUTH THAT VOTED OBI IN MASS, ALSO KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING.

THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING AND RIGHT NOW IS A TIME FOR CHANGE IN NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Bayyajidda(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:

Many run down, useless and undeveloped cities like borno, yewa, adamawa, iragbiji etc grin

Don't wake up e hia, keep dreaming

It's Yelwa a.k.a Maiduguri
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SenatePresdo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Yoruba Ronu
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SenatePresdo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
misreal:
A large population that we cannot feed.
Nigeria's population is beginning to look like a curse

Northern Muslims population.

They give birth like rats.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
accordadoga25:
Hehehehe

SA is the giant of Africa now

That useless country can ever be giant of Africa if Igbo man takes over we will bully those bastsrds

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by omu4364(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:
EFFECTS OF BRICS MEMBERSHIP.

ALL I WILL SAY TO MY NIGERIAN BROTHERS IS THAT THEY SHOULD ALLOW IGBO PEOPLE RUN THIS COUNTRY FOR 2 TERM.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RESET OUR ECONOMY.

THIS IS NOT AN APPPEAL BUT A NECESSITY.

IGBOS KNOW BUSINESS AND ECONOMY.

What is the Economy of the South East states been run by the Igbo and what is the standard of living over there?

Igbo politicians are not different from politicians from other region. They are all bird of the same feather.
At least Igbo politicians should start from their state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
Which briefly. Our useless selfish leaders have failed our country. Together with their useless supporters.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by eepeepook: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Overtaking is always allowed.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
omu4364:

What is the Economy of the South East states been run by the Igbo and what is the standard of living over there?

Igbo politicians are not different from politicians from other region. They are all bird of the same feather.

IF U DOUBT THE ECONOMY OF SE, THEN ALLOW BIAFRA TO GO.

I TELL YOU THAT, NIGERIA IS DRAGGING THE IGBOS DOWN.

THERE IS A REASON WE ARE CONFIDENT OF DOING IT ALL ALONE AND U ARE NOT.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by jaxxy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
I predict a complete overtake with the nonsense we are doing.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by jamesversion: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
TMKSOUTH, you're drinking beer to this new né. grin
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Earthquakes: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the one that doesn't travel. I have been to many African countries and I'm telling Naija is still better . These others just have one city to talk about and we have many.

Oga you have obviously not been to South Africa, because if you have you wouldn't open your mouth and compare Nigeria and south Africa.
In a place like Johannesburg, people use electric gates to show you that power issues has been solved since, the same water you use to bath is used for drinking.
Google, Amazon, Microsoft etc are already there years ago. If you have been to SA you will understand why Nigerians resumed to come back

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
omu4364:

GIVEN NORAML CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN AN ABOKI IN THE NORTH, BE ACADEMICALLY AND INTELLECTUALLY MORE OUTSTANDING LIKE THE IGBOS?

SORRY BUT IGBO WERE THEIR TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS IN THE NORTH.

LIKEWISE TO AN EXTENT IN SW.

THESE GROUPS DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO OPERATE NIGERIA ECONOMY EFFICIENTLY.

THE ONLY OTHER PEOPLE THAT COME CLOSE IS THE YORUBA BUT THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD ON THE ECONOMY LIKE THE IGBOS.

GO TO ONITSHA AND SEE HIGH-RISE BUILDING THERE, WHERE ELSE HAVE THEM?

IF NOT FOR OIL AND CAPITAL CITY STATUS, U SUPPOSE KNOW WHAT LAGOS AND ABUJA LOOK.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases / Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.