Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy (18291 Views)

Cocaine To Overtake Crude Oil As Colombia’s Main Export After $18.2b Revenue / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / China To Overtake US As World's Biggest Economy By 2028, Report Predicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
It is based on projection Mr Man, stop trying to justify your ignorance.

If you doubt it, go & do your own.

PROJECTION IS ALL YOU DO.

YOU ARE NOT PRESENTLY CONSTITUTED TO DO ANY RIGHT.

ALL NA PROJECTION AND FAKE NEWS.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

PROJECTION IS ALL YOU DO.

YOU ARE NOT PRESENTLY CONSTITUTED TO DO ANY RIGHT.

ALL NA PROJECTION AND FAKE NEWS.
Like I told you initially, I operate on international based analytics, not like most you Native minded Arise, Channels Tv people.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by nedekid: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abeg, dont compare naija to SA. Their economy must pass ours simply because they have white people over there. White folks have 4 heads while blacks have 1. No be juju be that?
As Trump said, show me on black country doing well, they are all shit holes.
The blacker you are, they worse, the lighter the better. Lol.
Look at when rawlings ruled Ghana and how he changed the place, look at how the former half British president of Botswana changed the country. Both were mixed race.
If you want to argue it, look locally the car used by a white or mixed race fellow compared to that of a naija man, if they put both for sale, which one of the cars will you choose?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Like I told you initially, I operate on international based analytics, not like most you Native minded Arise, Channels Tv people.

INTERNATIONAL YOU SAY?

A MINUTE AGO, U WERE CRITICIZING ME FOR COMPARING NIGERIA ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE WITH UK AND USA.

MAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Papayaayasager(m): 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
B4?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by ReubenE(m): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Kukutente23 post=126457548:
APC took Nigeria's economy from over $500bn to about $390bn

Yet some Internet fools' problem is ipob and Obi
Wasted generation being used by the older generation to keep themselves in power
Was waiting for someone to point that out and you did.

That's a big fall and to imagine some people still sing praises of these failed leaders is really distressing. The likes of Leodeking. Don't know if he is a kid, a mad man or both.
A very big nuisance
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by tctrills: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the one that doesn't travel. I have been to many African countries and I'm telling Naija is still better . These others just have one city to talk about and we have many.
You obviously have not traveled. And if you think that the number of cities you have makes your country better, then you are a child.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228553/extreme-poverty-as-share-of-global-population-in-africa-by-country/
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by motymop: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Guy you are looking @ infrastructure Oyibo man built, go & tell this nonsense to the average black South African, & you would realize how ignorant you really are, theee are mad opportunities in Nigeria, & like you rightfully said, we are a country of terrible citizens.

I argued same after I visited Joburg years ago after landing @ Oliver Thambo International, no different from an American Airport, but opportunities dey Nigeria.

The whites in south africa might be the architect and the managers of south africa economy but the black southafricans were the labourers, they built it with sweat. that is how the township were formed. (they where areas meant for blacks after a day work in the city)

so it is wrong to say whites built south africa alone, both white and blacks built south africa.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Burob: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

INTERNATIONAL YOU SAY?

A MINUTE AGO, U WERE CRITICIZING ME FOR COMPARING NIGERIA ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE WITH UK AND USA.

MAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.
Continue to dwell in your Ignoramus state of existence, confirmed Wailer.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Horus(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

WHICH CROWN?

THE DIRTIES AFRICAN COUNTRY?

I HATE IT THAT DAFT LIKE YOUR KIND HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO REDUCE EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY TO BAREST MINIMUM, INCLUDING REASONING.

I am not the author of the statistics
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burob:
Continue to dwell in your Ignoramus state of existence, confirmed Wailer.

LOOK, NIGERIA IS A SINKING SHIP AND U ARE THE CAPTAIN WITH THE MOST TO LOSE HERE.

YOU HAVE RUN THE COUNTRY DOWN.

ANY IDEA OF SUSTAINABILITY, YOU OPPOSE AND WOULD KILL.

SOON, U AND YOUR DESCENDANTS WILL FLEE TO EITHER AMERICA, EUROPE OR UAE/OMAN/SAUDI.

YOUR END IS PREDICTABLE.

ALREADY MANY OF YOU CAN NO LONGER GO TO YOUR VILLAGES BECAUSE OF BANDIT TERRORIST.

ALL YOUR CHILDREN ARE OUTSIDE NIGERIA IN THE AFOREMENTION PLACES.

YOU ARE HERE DEBATING POPULATION RISING, WITH INSECURITY AND NO FOOD, WHAT WILL DEY EAT?

U AND YOUR CHILDREN?
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Irony1: 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Have you been to South Africa,because I have been and I'm telling you their cities are not better than us with their useless lives of walking around naked everywhere even airport .

Bros what did you smoke when you said this? Bloemfontein is far better than the best city in Nigeria. we have not mentioned pretoria or Johannesburg. Even Sandton is far more developed than Banana Island and Asokoro

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Irony1:

Bros what did you smoke when you said this? Bloemfontein is far better than the best city in Nigeria. we have not mentioned pretoria or Johannesburg. Even Sandton is far more developed than Banana Island and Asokoro

I DID NOT EVEN KNOW U HAVE A CITY LIKE DURBAN UNTIL I WATCH A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE BY ONE OF OUR BROTHERS.

ONLY GOD KNOW HOW MANY OTHER CITIES YOU HAVE IN SA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVDK8bz_DI

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by billyG(m): 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
How many SAfricans are japaing to Nigeria as Nigeria are japaing to SA?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
billyG:
How many SAfricans are japaing to Nigeria as Nigeria are japaing to SA?

SEE, SA DONT WANT NIGERIANS AND IT IS OUR FAULT.

THEY SEE US ALL AS THIEVIES AND THEY ARE NOT WRONG.

OUR COUNTRY HAS GREAT RESOURCES AND EASILY THE RICHEST IN AFRICA.

EVEN CONGO WILL HAVE A HARD TIME SURPASSING NIGERIA IN WEALTH.

WE HAVE THINGS THAT CONGO DONT HAVE, OIL AND GAS, IN ADDITION TO GOLD, DIAMOND COBALT, ETC.

THE ELITE HAVE STOLEN EVERYTHING AND HANDED THE REST TO THEIR ACCOMPLICES IN THE WEST AND ARABIA.

TELL ME, WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE GOLD BEING MINED IN NIGERIA, BECAUSE THE NIGERIA STATE WAS NOT SEEING ANY OF IT UNTIL RECENTLY.

NO STATE ALLOCATION FROM THE GOLD, WHY?

THERE ARE MINING GOING ON SECRETLY AND NIGERIA NOT SEEING NONE OF IT.

IT IS SO BAD THAT EVEN CHINESE MEN WERE CAUGHT MINING GOLD SECRETLY IN THE FOREST BY HUNTERS.

IF NIGERIA WAS RUN PROPERLY, NOBODY WIL CALL US THIEF AND SA IS SUPPOSE TO BE VISA FREE.

U WILL SEE PEOPLE FROM SA HERE, LIKE U SEE NIGERIANS THERE.

WE HAVE CULTURAL EXCHANGES.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Airlord2030: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Have you been to South Africa,because I have been and I'm telling you their cities are not better than us with their useless lives of walking around naked everywhere even airport .
which Perri are you talking about?

Foolish igbo boy grin
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MasterTeeUSA: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
AKK Gas Pipeline will put us at Number 1 forever...we will get that going in 2024...and by 2025 its a wrap.

4Play:
Can't see this lasting simply because Nigeria has lower GDP per capita, lower levels of economic development and faster population growth which should mean we are more likely to experience "catch up" growth.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/markets/south-africa-to-overtake-nigeria-and-reclaim-its-position-as-africas-biggest-economy/0w4zjb9
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
AKK Gas Pipeline will put us at Number 1 forever...we will get that going in 2024...and by 2025 its a wrap.

I GURANTEE YOU THAT THE PIPELINE WILL BE BLOWN UP.

EUROPE DONT NEED NIGERIA GAS.

GUESS Y?

THEY ARE ALREADY BUILDING THEIR OWN PIPELINE IN THE SEA TO CONNECT A HUGE GAS DEPOSIT THEY FOUND IN THE SEA, FROM NORWAY TO UK.

https://www.google.com/search?q=NORWAY+LONGEST+SEA+GAS+PIPELINE+TO+UK&sca_esv=574130982&biw=1280&bih=571&ei=qrguZY_OEaq7hbIPtrCjqAY&ved=0ahUKEwiPy5HKwv2BAxWqXUEAHTbYCGUQ4dUDCBA&oq=NORWAY+LONGEST+SEA+GAS+PIPELINE+TO+UK&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiJU5PUldBWSBMT05HRVNUIFNFQSBHQVMgUElQRUxJTkUgVE8gVUtIAFAAWABwAHgBkAEAmAEAoAEAqgEAuAEMyAEA4gMEGAAgQQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MasterTeeUSA: 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Blown up by who? The Gas does not need to go to Europe...it can be used in Nigeria, and can be used to power industries in Northern Nigeria...and other parts of Africa. Nigeria aint the one connected directly to Europe...other countries must complete their own portions too for that to happen. We have large deposits and I doubt the sea discovery can meet the needs of Europe. Be Positive

legitnow1:

I GAURANTEE YOU THAT THE PIPELINE WILL BE BLOWN UP.

EUROPE DONT NEED NIGERIA GAS.

GUESS Y?

THEY ARE ALREADY BUILDING THEIR OWN PIPELINE IN THE SEA TO CONNECT A HUGE GAS DEPOSIT THEY FOUND IN THE SEA, FROM NORWAY TO UK.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Blown up by who? The Gas does not need to go to Europe...it can be used in Nigeria, and can be used to power industries in Northern Nigeria...and other parts of Africa. Nigeria aint the one connected directly to Europe...other countries must complete their own portions too for that to happen. We have large deposits and I doubt the sea discovery can meet the needs of Europe. Be Positive

TERRORIST!

ALL THE TERRORIST U HAVE IN NIGERIA, U DEY BUILD PIPELINE.

ARE U SERIOUS?

EUROPE DONT NEED YOUR GAS.

THEY HAVE THEIR OWN AND THEY CAN ALWAYS MAKE PEACE AND RETURN BACK TO USING THE ONE IN EUROPE RUSSIA.

THIS IS NEWS.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/mar/26/uk-and-norway-to-build-worlds-longest-undersea-energy-interconnector
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by barinedan(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
All thanks to APC governments, from Buhari and now tinubu. Apc is a national embarrassment
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
justmondris:

No country is better than Nigeria in Africa? Interms of what exactly?

Hardwork ,riches ,brains and development
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by integrity16(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Let them become placeholder for the time being until Nigeria wakes up from snoring.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
Airlord2030:
which Perri are you talking about?

Foolish igbo boy grin

Useless pig shut it
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MasterTeeUSA: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
The Ajaokuta–Kaduna–Kano (AKK) pipeline is a 614km-long pipeline being developed by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to transport natural gas from southern Nigeria to central Nigeria.

The £2.2bn ($2.8bn) pipeline project represents phase one of the 1,300km-long Trans-Nigerian Gas Pipeline (TNGP) project, which is being developed as part of Nigeria’s Gas Master Plan to utilise the country’s surplus gas resources for power generation as well as for consumption by domestic customers.

The TNGP project also forms part of the proposed 4,401km-long Trans-Saharan Gas Pipeline (TSGP) to export natural gas to customers in Europe. Nigeria holds Africa’s biggest and one of the world’s biggest gas reserves. It’s proved natural gas reserves stand at 188 trillion cubic feet (tcf) comprising 99tcf of associated gas and 89tcf of non-associated gas.

The AKK pipeline is planned to be developed on a build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) basis under public-private partnership (PPP), supervised by Nigeria’s Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC).

legitnow1:

TERRORIST!

ALL THE TERRORIST U HAVE IN NIGERIA, U DEY BUILD PIPELINE.

ARE U SERIOUS?

EUROPE DONT NEED YOUR GAS.

THEY HAVE THEIR OWN AND THEY CAN ALWAYS MAKE PEACE AND RETURN BACK TO USING THE ONE IN EUROPE RUSSIA.

THIS IS NEWS.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/mar/26/uk-and-norway-to-build-worlds-longest-undersea-energy-interconnector
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Useless pig shut it

DEM NEVER SABI SAY IGBO BOYZ DEY VEX FOR THIS COUNTRY.

ESPECIALLY THOSE FULANI, THE DAY WE WILL JAM, HEAVEN WILL SHED TEARS.

FULANI RUN LEAVE SE, WE DEY WONDER WHAT IS PURSUING THEM.,
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Airlord2030: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Useless pig shut it
idiot I have been to your backward and dirty igboland, and I see the reason why you gorillas always run from it grin
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
The Ajaokuta–Kaduna–Kano (AKK) pipeline is a 614km-long pipeline being developed by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to transport natural gas from southern Nigeria to central Nigeria.

The £2.2bn ($2.8bn) pipeline project represents phase one of the 1,300km-long Trans-Nigerian Gas Pipeline (TNGP) project, which is being developed as part of Nigeria’s Gas Master Plan to utilise the country’s surplus gas resources for power generation as well as for consumption by domestic customers.

The TNGP project also forms part of the proposed 4,401km-long Trans-Saharan Gas Pipeline (TSGP) to export natural gas to customers in Europe. Nigeria holds Africa’s biggest and one of the world’s biggest gas reserves. It’s proved natural gas reserves stand at 188 trillion cubic feet (tcf) comprising 99tcf of associated gas and 89tcf of non-associated gas.

The AKK pipeline is planned to be developed on a build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) basis under public-private partnership (PPP), supervised by Nigeria’s Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC).

THAT IS Y U PEOPLE SHOULD STEP DOWN SO THE IGBOS CAN MANAGE THIS COUNTRY EFFECTIVELY.

THE PEOPLE RUNNING NIGERIA SINCE 1960 ARE DUNCES.

U DONT KNOW ECONOMICS AND ARE FAILING.

U ARE WASTING MONEY AND POURING IT LIKE WATER DOWN THE DRAIN.

EUROPE IS NOT DEPENDING ON YOUR GAS PIPELINE.

EUROPE BLEW UP THE ONE COMING FROM RUSSIA.

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU THE FUTURE OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR AKKK PIPELINE.

IT WILL BE BLOWN UP, AND MONEY SPENT WASTED.

LET PEOPLE THAT KNOW ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT RUN THIS COUNTRY , UNA NO SABI ANYTHING.

DUNCE!
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Airlord2030:
idiot I have been to your backward and dirty igboland, and I see the reason why you gorillas always run from it grin

Brown roof dweller,you'll stay hating on hardworking igbos for ever. Igbos are your masters in your own Land. Cursed son of a skull miner
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by legitnow1: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Brown roof dweller,you'll stay hating on hardworking igbos for ever. Igbos are your masters in your own Land. Cursed son of a skull miner

NO, FULANI HAVE BESEIGE THEIR FOREST.

THE MAJOR LAND HOLDERS IN SW ARE FULANI AS WE SPEAK.

WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO KICK THEM OUT TO BENIN REP.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by BIZNess123(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
Thrash..

Nigeria's economy is 500 Billion plus that of SA is 300B+ ....

I just checked it now
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
legitnow1:

NO FULANI HAVE BESEIGE THEIR FOREST.

THE MAJOR LAND HOLDERS IN SW ARE FULANI AS WE SPEAK.

WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO KICK TEM OUT TO BENIN REP.

Those cowards will ever raise their useless voice against their Fulani masters. Its Igbos they think are their problems eve though we buy their lands and the Fulani take by force. Cowards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime / Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism / Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.