Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? (20753 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Barcalee: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
Own a house at 20 and thank me later
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by phkka1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
Owning house first is better. Car depreciates but house will always yield more money for you.

4 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by MICVOCT(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
House!!!

MICVOCT
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Klass99(f): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Oricha79(m): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Car no be property now

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Willie2015: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Buy land...
Where there are neighbours around...
Build one self contain at a time...
Target 10 in the next 10 yrs...
U will be smilin at 30...

2 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by PythonPros: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Definitely a house

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Miracle2020: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
None.
A good investment would have been better. As rich as Dangote is he doesn't have a house in London or US or Dubai. He said some of his workers a living in better accommodation than his. Find a good investment invest on that money, in the next 2 years then thank me later.
If you buy a car you continue spending on that with nothing coming in.
If you build or buy a house you are reducing the pace of your money. sometimes it might even depreciate.

3 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Chetas81(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
What does he do for a living
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by tnerro1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
You have not defined the purpose

House- for income ie collecting rent or accommodation to avoid paying rent

Car- to generate income or for you to avoid paying t fares to and fro work.

These are the critical factors to examine first before deciding what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by ellizy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
Your choice
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by PeterObi4LP: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
Go and build a house. Is a life investment. The car can break down or knock engine and park at the mechanic tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by mukthar2000(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
OP most anyone advice by to hold building properties instead of a car that will depreciate as time goes on, be wise bro.

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by CoronaVirusPro: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
phkka1:
Owning house first is better. Car depreciates but house will always yield more money for you.

After how many years?

A man at 20 should be thinking of doubling up fast. Not holding down a structure that will not be on profit side till after like 15 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Adegbem02: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
If you are asking you know what you want|should|will do
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
Forget about car unless it's for business purpose which is also an investment.

Buy acres or more in a developing area, and also buy one or two plots in a pretty developed area, leave it and focus on your business or whatever gave you the money in the first place or whatever you want to do to generate money.

After few or some years, sell part of the acres in the developing area to build on the land you have in the developed area and you can still have money left after everything.
When I bought a land sometimes ago, I saw the sales agreement of the man that sold the land to me, he bought 10 acres for just 3 mill.
Fast forward, he is selling a plot almost that amount and more.

That way, your finance/business funds will be free from being caged by building project.

3 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by porthouse7(f): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Go buy car and enjoy ur youthful life, so will be able to Bleep all the available girls around u, you will build house at the appropriate time, is ur source of income is steady

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by alizma: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:
It's good one plans his/her life early enough to avoid story that touches.

Some of our parents never believed that the country will become what it is today.

My father told me how cheap lands were in the country when he was in his 20's. He regretted not investing enough due to shouldering many responsibilities especially bringing his siblings and extended families to the city. He nurtured them till they became of age. When he realized what's up, time has exceeded him as we the children have needs too.

Now, I'm asking the following question: between owning a car or house, which would you advice someone in his 20's to acquire first?

Both can yield returns as long as they can be used in the proper way for investment.

Can we have more people comment on this to help many who are still in their 20's and able to fund any of the assets?

Note: Some young folks are doing legit work earning in $$$. I have some techy guys in their 20's as software developers, Blockchain DAOs, Freelancers, Content creators, YouTube influencers, Social Media Marketers, 3D animators, AI engineer, Bitcoin minning. They evolve around tech working remotely. So, not all of these guys in their 20's are yahoo yahoo, at least these ones I can guarantee.

We engaged in a discussion where they raised the above question about which is best between owning a car or house at their ages.
House

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Urshtech(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Which advice you need than to own a 🏠

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Daniluv1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bro don't rush in owning a house too early for now

A car would give you more opportunities depending on your type of job.

When you are able to secure more opportunities then owning your own house won't be a problem.

There is a big difference between arriving with your own car to submit a business proposal and trekking or taking Uber to submit a business proposal USE YOUR BRAIN

6 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by NAC1666: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

Some of our parents never believed that the country will become what it is today.

My father told me how cheap lands were in the country when he was in his 20's. He regretted not investing enough due to shouldering many responsibilities especially bringing his siblings and extended families to the city. He nurtured them till they became of age. When he realized what's up, time has exceeded him as we the children have needs too.

Now, I'm asking the following question: between owning a car or house, which would you advice someone in his 20's to acquire first?

Both can yield returns as long as they can be used in the proper way for investment.

Can we have more people comment on this to help many who are still in their 20's and able to fund any of the assets?

Note: Some young folks are doing legit work earning in $$$. I have some techy guys in their 20's as software developers, Blockchain DAOs, Freelancers, Content creators, YouTube influencers, Social Media Marketers, 3D animators, AI engineer, Bitcoin minning. They evolve around tech working remotely. So, not all of these guys in their 20's are yahoo yahoo, at least these ones I can guarantee.

We engaged in a discussion where they raised the above question about which is best between owning a car or house at their ages.
Go and spend it on women and cars, This the right age to do that. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by iamtardey: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2023
I’ll sleep in my car idc
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by BestTrades: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2023

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by millionboi2: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

I dey suspect you,you are either a yahoo boy or your eye dey dia.better desist before it choke you.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Blake755: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
House is the best wenti i wan use car 4 now
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by MrBroke(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
That's a funny question you asking cause 3-4 million can get you a car but not a house. So I don't get? Your question should've been between a land and a car of which I'll advice you to go for the land cause it appreciate as times goes by without being a liability not like a car that eats your money and depreciates.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by clinician2x: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
talented321:
House! Car is a liability and has expire date.

This statement always come from people that are so poor they don't even see a way out for themselves.

Have u seen a way out for urself man?
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Useku(m): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by GeneralPula: 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
talented321:
Car expire with time unlike house. I don't have other explaination for u..
Bro, you’re getting it wrong..

Both house & car are beneficial liabilities! Don’t house expire? Don’t things get spoil at home? Why do people renovate house to new shape if it doesn’t expire?

Same is with car. You buy & be maintaining it. Both house and car, both requires money for maintenance after acquiring it!

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by ednut1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
House even if na bungalow. It appreciates over time
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by lomprico(m): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Owning a house is a long term investment and a liability for your age. Land is better.

Do you have needs for a car? If yes, hold lands and buy a car. Building is not worth it if you just starting up. You will end up caging your money.

You can use remainder to invest in good stocks. Google, Raytheon and Amazon

You could also hold rare coins.

At your age, it’s guaranteed you will smile in +15 years and will have more than enough to build if you choose.

Na so una dey take fail exam! He say house or Car, you carry land come. You be ikwerre man?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are You Sexualizing Your Children? / Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.