Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? (20776 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by OMEGA009(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Assets vs Liability. Do the math

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Johnnynews: 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Don't fall into the Trap - Congolese Pastor has sent a Powerful message to Africa Leaders over Israel vs Hamas war

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZPePdfMI2g
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by world123: 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
GeneralPula:

Bro, you’re getting it wrong..

Both house & car are beneficial liabilities! Don’t house expire? Don’t things get spoil at home? Why do people renovate house to new shape if it doesn’t expire?

Same is with car. You buy & be maintaining it. Both house and car, both requires money for maintenance after acquiring it!

Based on location, a landed property will appreciate. The value of car depreciates.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Govocrete: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
1. Car is for mobility
2. House is for security.

You cannot use the price of a house to compare the cost of build but here is the take.

You can purchase a car for your daily movement then buy a land and start building gradually.

You don't need a luxury car

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by papajingolo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
[/color]
talented321:
House! Car is a liability and has expire date.
[color=#990000]

Investing the money can be the best move. Might not necessary be on land and house, maybe what generate steady flow of income
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by BigIyanga: 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2023
Greatest investment in your youth is owning a house, flat, condo, estate, property.

Buying a car is not an asset. It’s a depreciating liability.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Mohisah: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2023
If car is ur source of meeting connections, buy it. If house is for ur comfortability & u already working, don't buy a car, own a house.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2023
Multiple and expensive cars...body go tell you
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Greenfaces: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:
It's good one plans his/her life early enough to avoid story that touches.

Some of our parents never believed that the country will become what it is today.

My father told me how cheap lands were in the country when he was in his 20's. He regretted not investing enough due to shouldering many responsibilities especially bringing his siblings and extended families to the city. He nurtured them till they became of age. When he realized what's up, time has exceeded him as we the children have needs too.

Now, I'm asking the following question: between owning a car or house, which would you advice someone in his 20's to acquire first?

Both can yield returns as long as they can be used in the proper way for investment.

Can we have more people comment on this to help many who are still in their 20's and able to fund any of the assets?

Note: Some young folks are doing legit work earning in $$$. I have some techy guys in their 20's as software developers, Blockchain DAOs, Freelancers, Content creators, YouTube influencers, Social Media Marketers, 3D animators, AI engineer, Bitcoin minning. They evolve around tech working remotely. So, not all of these guys in their 20's are yahoo yahoo, at least these ones I can guarantee.

We engaged in a discussion where they raised the above question about which is best between owning a car or house at their ages.

House. Lands as assets and a cheap car for now just for ease of locomotion. But if the car adds to your marketing and bargaining strategy, then it's okay
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by NaijaCover(m): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
Start HOUSE
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by talented321: 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
So you now compare house to a car.
GeneralPula:

Bro, you’re getting it wrong..

Both house & car are beneficial liabilities! Don’t house expire? Don’t things get spoil at home? Why do people renovate house to new shape if it doesn’t expire?

Same is with car. You buy & be maintaining it. Both house and car, both requires money for maintenance after acquiring it!

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Burgerlomo: 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
House 😎
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by UnemployedGradu: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

Some of our parents never believed that the country will become what it is today.

My father told me how cheap lands were in the country when he was in his 20's. He regretted not investing enough due to shouldering many responsibilities especially bringing his siblings and extended families to the city. He nurtured them till they became of age. When he realized what's up, time has exceeded him as we the children have needs too.

Now, I'm asking the following question: between owning a car or house, which would you advice someone in his 20's to acquire first?

Both can yield returns as long as they can be used in the proper way for investment.

Can we have more people comment on this to help many who are still in their 20's and able to fund any of the assets?

Note: Some young folks are doing legit work earning in $$$. I have some techy guys in their 20's as software developers, Blockchain DAOs, Freelancers, Content creators, YouTube influencers, Social Media Marketers, 3D animators, AI engineer, Bitcoin minning. They evolve around tech working remotely. So, not all of these guys in their 20's are yahoo yahoo, at least these ones I can guarantee.

We engaged in a discussion where they raised the above question about which is best between owning a car or house at their ages.
Use that money and leave this country!
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by talented321: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
Instead of you to make ur statement, u decide to insult me..
What is that thing you know and make's you think u can talk down on people..
You must be very stupid...
clinician2x:

This statement always come from people that are so poor they don't even see a way out for themselves.

Have u seen a way out for urself man?
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Uwaiwe: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Owning a house remains the best. Especially in an urban environment where you can rent the house . The value of real estate appreciate over hhe years and you can convert the house to cash in the future at a more higher value than o
It was built. A car depreciate in value from the first day you buy it. After four years, it is possible to be changed due to wear . Own a house, then you can buy a car for use. Investing in taxi business is not a lucrative business unless you are the taxi driver using your personal car.. Giving your car to drivers to balance you is not a lucrative business.

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Own a house is the way.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Benavat1: 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Don't underestimate Having a roof over your head. It's up to you to make a choice between an asset or a liability.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by DemgadTinko: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

. He or should get a House if they have such money, then later they can buy a car. They can easily enter Uber or rent a car , if they must use it to go to a particular function . They have money, Uber fees or rent of car shouldnt be an issue . But get a house first if they can afford it
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by OvertheTop(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
porthouse7:
Go buy car and enjoy ur youthful life, so will be able to Bleep all the available girls around u, you will build house at the appropriate time, is ur source of income is steady

shocked shocked shocked Are you sure you are a Lady??

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Antichristus: 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

I disagree with your last statement.
Cars have expiry date, maybe you may let this make more sense.
I accept it could be a liability of not been used for business.

THAT GUY KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. HE'S SAYING THAT CAR WILL SOON BECOME DATED. IF YOU'VE EVER BOUGHT A BRAND NEW CAR, e.g. 2023 MODEL OF ANYCAR, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HIS DRIFT.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Antoeni(m): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
Just Squanderer The Money , Its Better
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Zinpat: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

House

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Creamypie(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

house. I go repeat it 1 million times
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by ravensckar(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
talented321:
Car expire with time unlike house. I don't have other explaination for u..
It's obvious you don't have a house, hence the reason for the age-long sentiments. I once carried this your outdated notion for more than 5 years and I suffered greatly for it. I built a house in an area that I couldn't afford to live in because building in the area that I was living in then was unaffordable.

Most middle class are suffering because of this same outdated notion. My friend built a house at Ikorodu (Gberigbe area) but works in Lekki. He usually leaves home as early as 4am everyday and returns home not earlier than 10pm. By the time stress wan finish him life, Bros, leave him house there come rent one room dey manage. No be only asset! Na liquidity.

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by 3ice9ce: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
talented321:
House! Car is a liability and has expire date.

Your say what others are saying because you can't think for yourself.

Car is a liability but GIGM is using vehicles to make millions. Onuku.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by hkidola00(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
grin grin grin
AsomArchitectNG:
Depends on whichever comes top on ur priority list.

Owning a house is is good if you can afford to build one

Buying a car is also good. Hope u aiint getting the car to start gallivanting town cos that's what most youths think car is solely meant for..
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
THE LAND YOU BOUGHT N1M THIS YEAR MIGHT GO FOR N2M NEXT YEAR, BUT THE CAR YOU BOUGHT N1M THIS YEAR, AND AT THOSE PERIOD WHEN NIGERIA WAS STILL BETTER CAN NEVER GO FOR N2M.

BUT WITH THIS KIND OF AGBADO ECONOMY WHERE FX (DOLLAR) IS NOSE DIVING LIKE A SWIM DIVER, I WILL PUT IT TO YOU THAT A CAR YOU BOUGHT N1M THIS YEAR MIGHT GO FOR N2.5M NEXT YEAR.

BUT IN EVERYTHING YOU WILL BE GETTING GET WISDOM AND GO FOR LAND. LAND NO MATTER WHAT IS NEVER A LAIBILITY BUT CAR IS A BIG TIME LIABILITY EXPECIALLY NOW THAT WE ARE BEING DRIVEN BY AGBO ECONOMY.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by MartinsD12(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:

I rather own a house and rent it out on monthly or yearly basis that is an investment in return , a car is for someone who is already established has a daily source of income, don't tell me you are a civil servant you go and buy car when you know you are paid on monthly basis it's a liability
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by GeneralPula: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2023
talented321:
So you now compare house to a car.
Liability is the bone of contention bro, not house & car..
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by rickleye: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
You have to list the pros and cons.
What type of vehicle ?
You need a vehicle to move around to make more money .
A house would it be an income generator or a place of abode.
A house will appreciate in value
A vehicle will not.
A vehicle requires constant reply oil change, tires, fuel . A house once built will require maintenance now and then.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by BigIyanga: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
3ice9ce:

Your say what others are saying because you can't think for yourself.

Car is a liability but GIGM is using vehicles to make millions. Onuku.
You’re the onuku here. GIGM is a registered biz and deducts purchase prize, maintenance costs and depreciation from its business costs before paying taxes.. if any. But you cant do that with private vehicle which is only good for emotional feelings .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out / Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave / New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.