Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! (20683 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Ibelearner: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Noted sir. Thank you op
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Jidefido(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
I completely agree with you, most especially on borrowing money from in laws. I will forever regret that action till I die because I know the insults that came out of it when I had issues with their daughter. I didn't want to but my ex-wife pushed me to and I wished I never did. So [/b] DEAR MEN, NEVER BORROW OR EVEN COLLECT MONEY FROM YOUR WIFE'S PEOPLE. IT NEVER ENDS WELL[b]
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by stevups(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
The only thing that makes me stay on top is that I always put my wife first for anything I do... All others secondary

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by ToladolVentures(m): 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wisdom...
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Biola67: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Yes including my papa.
Okay then…
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by phemmyfour: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=126477562][/quote]No 2 and 4 doesn't make sense. Some men's breakthrough came from their Father in law

Based on my experience, those you accommodate today, will be your tomorrow's shield in the days of adversity

2 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Flappy222: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Infact!
Life becomes unbearable for someone angry
Dogalmighty17:
You've never met terrible in-laws. That's when you will understand.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=Blitzking post=126495595]I am very terrible playing the inlaw politics...but one thing is no hard feeling love them for raising very brilliant but stubborn head woman. [/quote}
grin
No one is complete

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by lovetterrison(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=126477562][/quote]

Thats number 6 ? hard oo even if they dont deserve your respect chaiii?....
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by derolemode(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by MeaslesMumpsRub: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Never spend the night in your inlaws house, Never!

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Nicenixon: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
Emyzoloye5:
No 8. Learn to change it for your in-laws when necessary (especially her father)

My girls fada wan try shit with me the other day, the way I yab am eeeh, he later told his daughter to stay way from me that I be cultist lolz!
Na truth, my best friend yab his fiancee's father so much last week and through the yabbing, he was able to save his relationship. Sometimes, gentility dy cause nonsense and violence dy prevent rubbish especially in this country. As a man know when to endure nonsense and when to react to stop nonsense. I learnt that last week.

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by pongwa(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
If you like [quote author=lavylilly post=126477562][/quote]follow these principles all but you can never dictate how you will be treated by inlaws. The best bet is to be successful so you won't be worried about how they treat you. Money stops nonsense abeg

2 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Nicenixon: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jangbajantis:

It's worse when neither your wife nor the sibling sister is working. You'll pay for everything, including sanitary pads.
na definition of death be this.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Nicenixon: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
stevups:
The only thing that makes me stay on top is that I always put my wife first for anything I do... All others secondary
Hmmm! You're lucky to have her and I guess she respects you a lot for that because some ladies will still take it for granted. The best thing is to marry right and get it right.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Emyzoloye5(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nicenixon:
Na truth, my best friend yab his fiancee's father so much last week and through the yabbing, he was able to save his relationship. Sometimes, gentility dy cause nonsense and violence dy prevent rubbish especially in this country. As a man know when to endure nonsense and when to react to stop nonsense. I learnt that last week.

The world have no place for weak men
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by evictor305: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
How? Die for them? You never jam one that's ready to press your stomach
Nooneonline:

Read and understand how to deal with and avoid terrible in laws
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by fxexperts: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Klass99:
Create another thread for women in marriage to balance things out.

From where I stand it looks like women in marriage tolerate far more from in-laws and take a crap load of bullshit from them, in order to sustain and keep a marriage so it doesn't break.

And nature help you if you are married to a man who doesn't shield or protect you from the excesses of his family members.

One man is even asking on front page, if women cannot water down their taste to keep a marriage on top of 3k feeding money. That kind of man will expect you to shut up when his family disrespects you, all in the name of keeping a marriage.
Blablabla.. Women are the problem to their inlaws in Nigerian marriages.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by anthonyabidemi: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
In laws are wonderful people, remember we are all in-laws one way or the other, and we shall become one, sooner than later.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Goalnaldo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
The number 3 made me laugh 😂 "You gave your daddy 2 pieces of meat, you gave mine 1”
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Snazzynho(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
N!G€RI@N M€N are Uzelezz..... all of them shocked sad

Including your FATHER
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Snazzynho(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
N!G€RI@N M€N are Uzelezz..... all of them shocked sad

Including your FATHER ?
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by opeekiti: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
All of them are valid.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Exceed15: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
You've never met terrible in-laws. That's when you will understand.

God bless you bro . I agree with the op's write up though but there exceptionally terrible ones that want to sniff peace out your life. And those ones you have to be tougher on them.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by stevups(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nicenixon:
Hmmm! You're lucky to have her and I guess she respects you a lot for that because some ladies will still take it for granted. The best thing is to marry right and get it right.

Not that I was lucky oo, but the way things fall apart when I make her secondary
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Exceed15: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
Apt! The last point depend on the value they place in me. Some in- laws are very terrible especially the ones from broken homes.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by ShaheenSadique7: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
I cannot provide specific reviews for particular services or companies, as my knowledge is not up to date beyond September 2021, and I don't have access to real-time information or user reviews. To review a service like [url=kqsolicitors.com]KQ Solicitors[/url] for a spouse visa extension, consider looking for online reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp, or Trustpilot.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by aameyah(f): 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Smh.
undecided undecided
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Oladhips(m): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Topic closed 🎗
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by silvoice(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
There is Sense in every nonsense
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by lordnkem000(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Klass99:
Create another thread for women in marriage to balance things out.

From where I stand it looks like women in marriage tolerate far more from in-laws and take a crap load of bullshit from them, in order to sustain and keep a marriage so it doesn't break.

And nature help you if you are married to a man who doesn't shield or protect you from the excesses of his family members.

One man is even asking on front page, if women cannot water down their taste to keep a marriage on top of 3k feeding money. That kind of man will expect you to shut up when his family disrespects you, all in the name of keeping a marriage.
Abeg calm down
3k to cook no bad, some people use less than that, depending their pockets. If she add her money na bad thing? My elder sis dey add her money do cook for their house even when her husband give her 20k for only meat o. Na ur humility go tell man

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Klass99(f): 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2023

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. / My Husband And His "Strange Women" / Woman And Her Son Buried The Same Day In Akwa Ibom (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.