Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! (20685 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by juman(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
Don't be stupid.
Your inlaws can turn you to very rich person.

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by DARLINGTON869(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice writeup
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by wittywriter: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Spot on

ivolt:
grin grin grin
Young singles giving marriage advice.
What a joke.

Wittyness.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Emyzoloye5(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
No 8. Learn to change it for your in-laws when necessary (especially her father)

My girls fada wan try shit with me the other day, the way I yab am eeeh, he later told his daughter to stay way from me that I be cultist lolz!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
You've never met terrible in-laws. That's when you will understand.
Terrible or not, what the OP stated are very reasonable and wise points one can adopt to relate with in laws. One thing about terrible people is that weda you do good or bad, they will still remain terrible. The best thing for a man therefore is to be wise as a serpent, and the pointers stated by the OP are definitely not far from wisdom.

6 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by SonofGod231: 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
I just know I won't like my in-laws so no need.

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Microwhy: 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
2. Never accommodate family members!

It’s baseless having to accommodate siblings, brothers and sisters In-law beyond marriage!Your house shouldn’t be an IDP camp for them; Or better still continue, your undoing will catch-up when your wife’s junior sister starts complaining you buy more clothes for your siblings than her. No matter the temptation, better hire a registered house-help and take care of your siblings and in-laws from afar. Always remember, not a human being can be satisfied!

I accommodated a very selfish and greedy 23yo wife sibling, it has now affected the way I feel for their family. I succeeded in purging her out when the opportunity present itself just last week after close to a year stay.
She resorted to rivalry with her sister as if they're co-wives, she never appreciate anything.

7 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by muhammadhan19: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
80% correct.... Op just spoke the ugly truth but some can still be readjusted though...
Do list of what women should avoid too to balance all eqns

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by fkj950ax(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
lavylilly:

No battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Everything looks great in AutoCad and 3D rendering until you break ground on the site.

All these tips are nonsense. Reality is different from online posting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by qtx(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=126477562][/quote]
OP, wait, all these things wei you write na for Nigeria you and your wife de live abi na america? grin
I come in peace.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by bonnyhope: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
N!G€RI@N M€N are Uzelezz..... all of them shocked sad

Is like you are feeling lonely

Reason you are looking for attention
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Chetas81(m): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
terrible in-law decided to be terrible
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Biola67: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Sure, including your papa
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Babangidapikin: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Just curious who offend you 🙄🙄🙄
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Hartman11: 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha!Talk is cheap o.

The best thing is to run for your life and avoid marrying into horrible families. There's a cautionary Yoruba proverb that warns one never to dare having horrible in laws. It literally says it's even better to have a horrible wife( or husband) than to have horrible in laws!

Once you see a prospective in law experiencing a persistent strange, peculiar bad luck and sadness, apply one of the 48 laws of power; avoid unfortunate and unhappy people.

No politics will save you or your marriage if you marry a son/daughter raised from a horrible family. In fact, you're doomed for ever! To avoid such trap, flee even before you get into such entanglement. Who want to have innocent children who will have the misfortune of inheriting strong generational curses and ill wind? No one! Check my signature for free stuffs!
No be small
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by aycorporat(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
hahahahahaha
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by HEBEI: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
You can lend them but

Never borrow from your in-laws!

Let those who want to understand, understand.

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Maynman: 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2023
Klass99:
Create another thread for women in marriage to balance things out.

From where I stand it looks like women in marriage tolerate far more from in-laws and take a crap load of bullshit from them, in order to sustain and keep a marriage so it doesn't break.
Why don't you create the thread from where you stand also?
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by IyaTola: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
shocked
Microwhy:
2. Never accommodate family members!

It’s baseless having to accommodate siblings, brothers and sisters In-law beyond marriage!Your house shouldn’t be an IDP camp for them; Or better still continue, your undoing will catch-up when your wife’s junior sister starts complaining you buy more clothes for your siblings than her. No matter the temptation, better hire a registered house-help and take care of your siblings and in-laws from afar. Always remember, not a human being can be satisfied!

I accommodated a very selfish and greedy wife sibling, it has now affected the way I feel for their family. I succeeded purging her out when the opportunity present itself just last week after close to a year stay.
She resorted to rivalry with her sister as if they're co-wives
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Microwhy: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Chetas81:
terrible in-law decided to be terrible
Abi ooooo! Terrible in-law decided to be terrible and you too have the right to decid on how to treat terrible in-laws.

2 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by JayElectroNika: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2023
I dey with you
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Blitzking: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
I am very terrible playing the inlaw politics...but one thing is no hard feeling love them for raising a very brilliant but stubborn head woman.

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Basicend: 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
juman:
Don't be stupid.
Your inlaws can turn you to very rich person.

Hmm. Is not as direct and pure as you may think. It is better you huzzle and make your wealth.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Sheistoopretty(f): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
Biola67:

Sure, including my papa

Really? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Jangbajantis: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha!Talk is cheap o.

The best thing is to run for your life and avoid marrying into horrible families. There's a cautionary Yoruba proverb that warns one never to dare having horrible in laws. It literally says it's even better to have a horrible wife (or husband) than to have horrible in laws!

Once you see a prospective in law experiencing a persistent strange, peculiar bad luck and sadness, apply one of the Robert Greene's 48 laws of power; avoid unfortunate and unhappy people.

No politics will save you or your marriage if you marry a son/daughter raised from a horrible family. In fact, you're doomed for ever!

Do not be deceived o. No two-way solution o, just flee! To avoid such trap, flee even before you get into such entanglement before you confuse your life with love.

Who wants to have innocent children who will have the misfortune of inheriting strong generational curses and ill winds? No one! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Most times you realize when both of your legs are already in - too late! No way to escape so you just have to live with it. Bad parent inlaws not only kill marriages but also the son or daughter that unfortunately joins them.

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Jangbajantis: 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
Emyzoloye5:
No 8. Learn to change it for your in-laws when necessary (especially her father)

My girls fada wan try shit with me the other day, the way I yab am eeeh, he later told his daughter to stay way from me that I be cultist lolz!
grin grin grin grin

After dem don collect heavy bride price finish dem go still wan come dey form familiarity. God punish devil!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Jangbajantis: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Microwhy:

I accommodated a very selfish and greedy 23yo wife sibling, it has now affected the way I feel for their family. I succeeded in purging her out when the opportunity present itself just last week after close to a year stay.
She resorted to rivalry with her sister as if they're co-wives, she never appreciate anything.
It's worse when neither your wife nor the sibling sister is working. You'll pay for everything, including sanitary pads.

3 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by stanisbaratheon: 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
Interesting
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Obyangel: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

This is real definition of mad*ness, dis**gusting thing.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by DMCY: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Including your D*d?
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Meerahbel: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jangbajantis:

It's worse when neither your wife nor the sibling sister is working. You'll pay for everything, including sanitary pads shocked.
What? Are you kidding me? How old is your wife?
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by unite4real: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2023

There is only one major rule.

Do not start what you cannot continue to sustain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. / My Husband And His "Strange Women" / Woman And Her Son Buried The Same Day In Akwa Ibom (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.