Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel (37368 Views)

Gaza War: IDF Uncovers Double Life Of Al-jazeera's Journalist, Muhammad Wishah / Shireen Abu Akleh, Al Jazeera Journalist Shot Dead By Israeli Forces / Al Jazeera, AP Building In Gaza Destroyed By Israeli Airstrike (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Orinechi: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2023
oseahumenb:
The closure is long overdue. Their coverage of events at Gaza has been biased and supporting the evil Hamas terrorist group.

If it were Arise TV that Nigeria govt closed, will u sound like this. I blame the Nigeria govt that has refused to do the needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Idaytesj29(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
misreal:
Aljazeera never reported that the strike on the hospital was from Gaza.They kept saying it was israel that attacked even though it was one of their footage that showed that the strike was actually from Gaza.
To think that they have an office in a country the hate so much is quite annoying.

Because it is not from there.

Israel that told the world terrorist cuts off babies head, only to discover it was a lie and after the world has known that, they said they actually have no proof that happened.

It's that same Israeli you want to believe what they said that it was Hamas that bombed Palestinian Hospital?

All the live bombings that Israel did killing civilians and children and women, it was Hamas as well. Be reasonable.

Now, they shut down Aljazeera, and they will come and tell us they are a democracy. Where is the press freedom? Israel kill "Shareen Abu Alkhleh" a journalist, they world doesn't shout about it, they even brutalised people who went to bury her body, that is the state you support cos you think they symbolises Christianity.

But when another religion supports violence, you will call them terrorist.

The truth is you are also a terrorist, cos you support and enable violence against innocent people.

There is actually no difference between Israel and Hamas.

Then Hamas terror group is different from the Palestinian people. Don't equate them.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by blackgold2018(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
God1000:
This is bad, Al Jazeera is the only unbiased news media covering this war, I guess Israel isn't comfortable with their honest reportage

I remember one of their journalist was killed last year by Israeli soldier, they are always at loggerheads
exactly.. I was waiting for this comment

I listen to both channels. CNN is extremely bias on reporting the situation

While Al jaazera covers it as it is.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Focusmind: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
I saw it coming. Aljazeera and Euronews are my favourite news channels because of their focus on documentary news reporting, which I like so much. However, they are always pro-arab against Israel or US interests. I have watched how they have been reporting the Gaza war with emphasis on the Palestinian casualties. Their coverage of Israeli casualties are sparingly done and puts more emphasis on making the viewer see Israel as the aggressor. Nevertheless, they remain my number one news channel.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Judolisco(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
God1000:
This is bad, Al Jazeera is the only unbiased news media covering this war, I guess Israel isn't comfortable with their honest reportage

I remember one of their journalist was killed last year by an Israeli soldier, they are always at loggerheads
unbiased and aljazeera in d same sentence.... Oga grin

3 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Gentew(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
jaeyking:
sad
Al Jazeera is owned by Qatar and they have no diplomatic ties with Israel

So expect their news to be quite aggressive towards israel

Just as CNN, BBC and others are quite aggressive towards Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Chetas81(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
THE ISRAELI HAMAS WAR CAPABLE OF BRING THE WORLD TO AN END, I PITY THE AFRICAN CITIZEN
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by mukthar2000(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2023
Becos Al Jazeera is the best international broadcasters that we reviled all their genocide bomb killings on Gaza children's and the innocent civilians, not like their BBC and CNN counterpart.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Timoleon(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2023
CrownedPhoenix:
Until I read news from one or two Palestinians/sympathisers condemn that Hamas offensive, whatever Israel deals them, let them manage it like that undecided

Lol 😂

So when you now read the ‘condemnation of hamas attack’ by one or two Palestinian sympathizers, what will happen? You’ll tell Isreal to stop and they’ll say ‘if no be say you talk, we for no stop’?

I would like to believe Isreal bases it’s foreign policies on pro Isreali comments on Nairaland.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by F117nighthawk: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Israel is just waking up,allowing a tv network loyal and pathetic to the arabs and the palestinians course to operate in their country is absolute stupidity on the part of Israel.
Aljazeera is the most biased tv station I have ever seen,they have never even criticize the Qatar government on their station, never.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Zimzy(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2023
God1000:

I remember one of their journalists was killed last year by an Israeli soldier, they are always at loggerheads
unbiased to you because you are feed with what you prefer to hear

2 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by mu2sa2: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2023
Al- jazeera is not the problem. The issue between isreal and Gaza is because extremists are in control there. Fanatical ultra orthodox Jews in govt in isreal and uncompromising hamas in gaza - both do not believe in dialogue and peace and are out for a potentially Mutually Assured Destructive (MAD) war. Of course hamas is no march militarily to isreali army, but an all -out war between the two will attract other parties and will potentially lead to a complicated military scenario ( call it ww 3). That's why you see the isrealis are foot dragging about a ground offensive into Gaza - moving in will result in massive civilian casualties which will draw in sympathy for Palestinians worldwide, yes worldwide not just Muslims but also Christians and others, because Palestinian population comprises both Christians and Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Omotaday(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2023
Focusmind:
I saw it coming. Aljazeera and Euronews are my favourite news channels because of their focus on documentary news reporting, which I like so much. However, they are always pro-arab against Israel or US interests. I have watched how they have been reporting the Gaza war with emphasis on the Palestinian casualties. Their coverage of Israeli casualties are sparingly done and puts more emphasis on making the viewer see Israel as the aggressor. Nevertheless, they remain my number one news channel.
Same way CNN and BBC have been underreporting the Palestinians plights.

We can say the same for major US, Uk and EU news and websites. Media nowadays are for agenda setting. That’s the truth.

If Al jazeera among world news choose to be the only one to be pro-arab, I support it!, its a good one. We can’t be feeding on one-way cra,p from the other side every time.

And to be honest, despite being pro-arab, Al-jazeera is more balanced than others. They have been reporting every Russian attrocities, Iran protests, Assad attrocities in Syria and all. They are fairly better than the others.

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by NaijaCover(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Whytelyon(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2023
89green:

Read ur post again but slowly this time n see if it makes sense to you

Why wouldn't it make sense?
Let me ask you one question, you were happy on saturday not so?
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:25am On Oct 21, 2023
God1000:

I remember one of their journalists was killed last year by an Israeli soldier, they are always at loggerheads
AlJazeera that is owned by Qatar which is sympathetic to Hamas cannot be an "unbiased news media".

Nor dey cap abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by slowice(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2023
Hamas is responsible for the death of many Palestinians already, imagine sending people who are on their way out back to their death just to create humanitarian crisis.
They took their cars, took their id's and forcefully sent them back to their death. But Al jazeeral will never show it.

4 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by glozyyy(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2023
God1000:

U are as bias as the AL JAZEERA. cus I have also observed that the report from Al Jazeera is one sided so kudos to the isrealis in taking this action against them., Bunch of terrorist supporters

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by udemzyudex(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Abdul9025:
What will closing of Channel improve ...they will soon fine ways to cover the news and people we still watch Aljazira

At least not in their land.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2023
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AL JAZEERA AND NARHANET NEWS, WHICH IS A LEBANESE NEWS OUTLET OWNED BY HEZBOLLAH.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by NAC1666: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israel-okays-emergency-regulations-to-close-al-jazeera-office-in-israel/3027237#
Al-jazeera is ISIS, Al-jazeera is Hamas. Nice one Isreal, long over due. Al-jazeera is a station that favours Palestinians and all its workers are bias

2 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by happney65: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2023
misreal:
Aljazeera never reported that the strike on the hospital was from Gaza.They kept saying it was israel that attacked even though it was one of their footage that showed that the strike was actually from Gaza.
To think that they have an office in a country the hate so much is quite annoying.

Very annoying. When it was so glaring it was from Gaza shot against their own people, they are still running to town to run their propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Truvelisback(m): 9:29am On Oct 21, 2023
I support the closure. Aljazeera is bias in their news by portraying Isreal as the enemy and terrorists nation.

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:29am On Oct 21, 2023
Idaytesj29:

Because it is not from there.

Israel that told the world terrorist cuts off babies head, only to discover it was a lie and after the world has known that, they said they actually have no proof that happened.

It's that same Israeli you want to believe what they said that it was Hamas that bombed Palestinian Hospital?

All the live bombings that Israel did killing civilians and children and women, it was Hamas as well. Be reasonable.

Now, they shut down Aljazeera, and they will come and tell us they are a democracy. Where is the press freedom? Israel kill "Shareen Abu Alkhleh" a journalist, they world doesn't shout about it, they even brutalised people who went to bury her body, that is the state you support cos you think they symbolises Christianity.

But when another religion supports violence, you will call them terrorist.

The truth is you are also a terrorist, cos you support and enable violence against innocent people.

There is actually no difference between Israel and Hamas.

Then Hamas terror group is different from the Palestinian people. Don't equate them.
@bold, when Hamas attacked Israel on October 7th the "Innocent palestinians" cheered them on and celebrated them. Hamas was elected by the people of Gaza, asides the children who are innocent and are being brainwashed. Trying to separate civilians who willingly allow Hamas to keep weapons in their residence cannot be different from the Palestinian people. They share same ideology with Hamas and were cheering for Hamas' actions.
You lots should stop deceiving yourselves @bold.

5 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by Orinechi: 9:30am On Oct 21, 2023
F117nighthawk:
Israel is just waking up,allowing a tv network loyal and pathetic to the arabs and the palestinians course to operate in their country is absolute stupidity on the part of Israel.
Aljazeera is the most biased tv station I have ever seen,they have never even criticize the Qatar government on their station, never.
And Rufsai oseni of Arise Tv is what?
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by JudasNaKarrot: 9:30am On Oct 21, 2023
89green:
Hate it or love it

Victory belongs to the Palestinians smiley
Keep deceiving yourself and fellow headslamming terrorists

3 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by morikee: 9:31am On Oct 21, 2023
What do you expect from Aljazeera when their reporter was killed live by IDF and Israel even go a long way to block them from seeking justice?
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by ibinaboonline: 9:31am On Oct 21, 2023
If aljazeera is unbiased, they wouldn't insist on accusing Israel of being responsible for the Gaza Baptist hospital incident without substantiated proof. Israel said it didn't and there's no proof they did. All this media houses, CNN included, just pursue the narrative they're invested in.
God1000:

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by lagosrd: 9:32am On Oct 21, 2023

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by tollyboy5(m): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2023
misreal:
Aljazeera are not know for peddling fake news like CNN and Israel prime minister. So it shows Israel are trying to hide their war crime.
Besides Israel gave warning about evacuating the hospital and also one of her officials posted they were responsible for and only deleted the post after seeing the number of civilian casualties from the blast.
Only Fools believe in Israel lies because of the bible.
Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by oluxy(m): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israel-okays-emergency-regulations-to-close-al-jazeera-office-in-israel/3027237#

When it comes to isreal, they produced false and fake news to the world about it..

It's better they are shot off.

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel by GUNITGuy: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Qatar too would bring in emergency law and confiscate Israel assets too ...
Isreali assets in Qatar lol 🤣 🤣😂....most of una comedy ....How would that affect Isreali's ..please go read about the Yom kippur war they all end up negotiating with Isreal this time The Jewish people dictate the terms ....
As for now any attempt to try again would result in no more negotiations the Jews would expand far more they would ever imagine it seems they don't know what's going on ...
They're hoping on Russia China and Pakistan ..This countries knows their bound and once they realize their interest would be badly affected even their own citizens would fight their Leaders most especially that Russian man ....They don't end well they're always doing the hitler once they see defeat and shame after so much braggadocio

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / World Leaders Who Have Congratulated Joe Biden (List) / He Was A Talented Person: Putin mourns former caterer, Prigozhin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.