Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association (24017 Views)

PZ Cussons To Leave Africa Because Of Nigeria's Poor Economy / Bolt, Uber Drivers Form Trade Union As FG Approves AUATWON / Investors Dump 40% Stocks Over Poor Corporate Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by nairalanda1(m): 6:07am On Oct 22, 2023
Coldie:
The best time for fuel subsidy removal was during Goodluck Jonathan time when dollar was still low, inflation low, economy strong.

If they did it back then when dollars was N180 by now the economy would have adjusted but Apc being greedy was looking for a means to an end, they almost burnt down the whole country only for them to do exactly same thing they almost burnt down the country for

Most Nigerians have never supported subsidy removal at all...and tinubu and buhari just used that to ride into power.

Let's be honest...it is very easy to say that Tinubu decieved Nigerians, but in 2005, when one of Obasanjo's ministers suggested subsidy removal, he was attacked by Nigerians for that well well, and tinubu and buhari said nada.

3 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 6:09am On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

I can see you have not recovered from the defeat of Obi.
The earlier you know that Obi can never be president of Nigeria, the better for your sanity.

People still take Unber/bolt, the problem is the high commission being deducted by uber/bolt.

At what point did Peter Obi come into the discourse? Data shows that there is a decline in usage of app based transport system because of increased fare.

5 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by OmoOshodi(m): 6:10am On Oct 22, 2023
Thanks to bad leadership in town since 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by TheOgaBoss: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

See the mugu above, nkpi.

We're seeing the impact of the past negative rulerships.

When they were borrowing and squandering money in the past, don't you know the catastrophic effects would come?

...about 5 months is too short to have damaged the country!
apc has been inpower for the past 8 years, stop this 5 months rubbish that u keep peddling about and the debt u talked about was mostly accumulated by apc

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 6:14am On Oct 22, 2023
An economy is like a web that interconnects every sector of the economy. A bad economic policy in one area will have far reaching impact in other areas.This is what this govt has failed to understand.

They are so fixated to achieve a few set goals just to score political points at the detriment of other major aspects of the economy. For instance, their drive to increase revenue has made them increase VAT, school fees and introduce all sort of levies, fees and fines.

The government will end up making more money by this but many businesses and tax payers will bear the brunt eventually.

4 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by AfonjaConehead: 6:20am On Oct 22, 2023
This life is not balanced.
Where I work,I have fuel in abundance to give and throw away..the one I have to throw away is even more...at times,I throw away more than 4 drums!!!!
This life is really not balanced at all.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 6:22am On Oct 22, 2023
One of my neighbour came to ask me for garri and he was really complaining bitterly of how hard things have suddenly become.

This same man was busy campaigning for APC in 2015, 2019 and even 2023 just because APC in our area were giving him party souvenir like T shirt, face cap and maybe some money. But of course after election everyman to himself. Now it is difficult to feed himself and family.

I still gave him what I could but this is a lesson to all. Voting based on sentiments won't exclude you from the repercussions of bad governance.

6 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by maasoap(m): 6:22am On Oct 22, 2023
Aonkuuse:
The only thing now is having your own car for bolt or Uber, hiring out is not profitable now at all... But transport business actually has no much gain now
Vehicles' owners are the worst hit, almost all the money drivers are remitting to us is going back to services and maintenances. That's why some are selling their autos

5 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by badoh(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2023
fabian063:
Not just Uber drivers, shop owners are equally feeling the brunt. It is just a shame that the president didn't plan on ways to reduce the negative impact fuel subsidy will have on the common man before removing it. They(politicians) are all selfish because they are living a comfortable life by taxing (indirect tax) the hell out of Nigerians
Was it Tinubu that removed the subsidy? There was no provision for subsidy in 2023 budget effective July 2023 as prepared by Buhari. Tinubu only announced it that subsidy is gone. The economy is biting hard, price of commodities are going up, the govt should do a quick one on transportation to alleviate the suffering of the people. Every State govts should have rolled out buses that will charge insignificant amount to help the populace but our leaders are self centered and don't care at all.

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 6:27am On Oct 22, 2023
Emilokan don scatter Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by maasoap(m): 6:28am On Oct 22, 2023
aviara:
One of my neighbour came to ask me for garri and he was really complaining bitterly of how hard things have suddenly become.

This same man was busy campaigning for APC in 2015, 2019 and even 2023 just because APC in our area were giving him party souvenir like T shirt, face cap and maybe some money. But of course after election everyman to himself. Now it is difficult to feed himself and family.

I still gave him what I could but this is a lesson to all. Voting based on sentiments won't exclude you from the repercussions of bad governance.
This is the problem with you EluuuP greenhorns. You believe that only you supported Obi/LP based on passion or reason. You believed that those who supported APC or PDP did so because of gifts or money or ethnic affiliation. The problem is that many of you never voted nor participated in elections before 2023, so you just assumed that that had to be the reason.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by highchief1: 6:28am On Oct 22, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
E no easy na. How you go buy fuel almost 600 naira/litre only for bolt to collect almost 30 percent commission from small money wey rider pay you to drive am very far distance. Car maintenance go chop him own money, feeding dey there too. Aside that self, even hire purchase plans no dey work again. How I go buy Corolla for almost 4 million then I go come give am out on hire purchase. Shey na 8 million naira the driver go fit pay back?
keke na 1.7m now.to balance 3.5m
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Brushstrokes20: 6:31am On Oct 22, 2023
👀👀The shyyythole from fry pan to fire!🔥
I never imagined any mortal could be worse than buhari....
What eBOLA cannot destroy does not exist! 🙁

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by maasoap(m): 6:31am On Oct 22, 2023
carreport:
Sad
But the truth us that most bolt drivers pocket the proceeds from the business and tell the car owner long long stories every day.

If u own ur own car and use it for bolt u will not sell it.

Thank you for saying the truth. Majority of the drivers are heartless, be it app based, taxi, molue or inter states drivers. They pocket most of the gain most of the time and expect the owners to continue servicing and maintaining the motors for them.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Spirit247: 6:31am On Oct 22, 2023
HalleluAHAYA ASHAR AHAYA!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by jameschibuike(m): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2023
Una nava see anything. The tribalistic people who voted for their brother. Oya begin dance the music 🎵🎶. Your voting for someone who has no vision for the country.
The implications now is, we have more of them now begging on the street hailing you "baba mi..., oga mi...., my chairman" e t.c waiting for you to drop money
Lazy Nigeria youth. 🤣🤣🤣. Many of them are brainless. The day of election, the same set of people went about saying if you don't vote for their party don't come outside. 🤣🤣🤣 Am just laughing here cos as for me, I will neva drop a penny for any Agbero.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 6:34am On Oct 22, 2023
Go and check the background of the people Tinubu appointed as finance minister and CBN governor then compare them to their predecessors likes of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Sanusi Lamido and Charles Soludo then you will understand why the present economic team of Tinubu has wrecked the economy and things may even get more worse than this if he doesn't rejig his cabinet and bring in real development economics with global experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by STEWpid(f): 6:36am On Oct 22, 2023
Xhuntra:

This foolish idiot is still blaming past governments for the woes of Nigeria.
That's what they asked u to say from ur Whatsapp group

So una dey get WhatsApp group?

I'm a concerned citizen,,

It doesn't mean I know or work for any politician in pawa.

Retarded masses,,

Chai..
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by maasoap(m): 6:39am On Oct 22, 2023
badoh:

Was it Tinubu that removed the subsidy? There was no provision for subsidy in 2023 budget effective July 2023 as prepared by Buhari. Tinubu only announced it that subsidy is gone. The economy is biting hard, price of commodities are going up, the govt should do a quick one on transportation to alleviate the suffering of the people. Every State govts should have rolled out buses that will charge insignificant amount to help the populace but our leaders are self centered and don't care at all.

Please stop making this kind of excuses. It makes you look like you don't understand anything about governance at all. There is what we call supplementary budgets, that was all what Tinubu needed to do. Just forward supplementary budget to the national assembly on petrol subsidy for urgent approval.
Besides, Tinubu announced subsidy removal a whole month ahead before the due date thereby enabling the petrol marketers to pocket enormous gains for a whole month!
Then again, subsidy is back already, Tinubu is now paying that same subsidy. Yet, it is not in the 2023 budget according to you. Or, why do you think petrol price still remain a N600?

7 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by STEWpid(f): 6:39am On Oct 22, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
apc has been inpower for the past 8 years, stop this 5 months rubbish that u keep peddling about and the debt u talked about was mostly accumulated by apc

APC is a party, not a human being and it does not reflect the intension of one person.

Rogues will hide under any party for personal gain and aggrandizement.

Chai..
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 6:41am On Oct 22, 2023
maasoap:

This is the problem with you EluuuP greenhorns. You believe that only you supported Obi/LP based on passion or reason. You believed that those who supported APC or PDP did so because of gifts or money or ethnic affiliation. The problem is that many of you never voted nor participated in elections before 2023, so you just assumed that that had to be the reason.

So can you say you are proud of the state of things since your master strategist took over? Can you recall the reason why your people and elites came out to protest at Ojota in 2012 against Goodluck Jonathan's govt? What's stopping you guys to repeat same this time around. Where Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare etc. You protested fuel price at N160 and dollar at N192 but lost your voice with fuel price at N600 and the dollar at N1125.

5 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by maasoap(m): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2023
jameschibuike:
Una nava see anything. The tribalistic people who voted for their brother. Oya begin dance the music 🎵🎶. Your voting for someone who has no vision for the country.
The implications now is, we have more of them now begging on the street hailing you "baba mi..., oga mi...., my chairman" e t.c waiting for you to drop money
Lazy Nigeria youth. 🤣🤣🤣. Many of them are brainless. The day of election, the same set of people went about saying if you don't vote for their party don't come outside. 🤣🤣🤣 Am just laughing here cos as for me, I will neva drop a penny for any Agbero.

You think it was Yoruba votes that made Tinubu president? You need to think again, think hard.

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by ezewealth(m): 6:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Ppl are talking of removal of subsidy, subsidy way dem don put back, landing cost of oil is 710 or more, for marketers to be selling 650, 630, you should know the gov are heavyly subsidizing it. If you remove subsidy now fuel go be 1000, una know no the kind mess we dey. One of my guy dat was championing tinubu was begging me money for food, if not for the history we had ehh, I for no give am, I go even insult am join. I had to look over his nonsense he did during electioneering time.
Their is more bumpy ride ahead and I like am.
Anybody wishing to start bizness now, dey for soup.
Ppl that have grown full in bizness before buhari/tinubu tenor, are the ones enjoying this economy, is deeply favouring them
Ppl like us that are still growing our biz are the one staggering. But God dey

4 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by omoredia: 6:49am On Oct 22, 2023
Stupid bunch. So u want the cause of ur problem to now be a solution. Mad people full this country
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Nobaga500(m): 6:49am On Oct 22, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Quite sad.
All the blame on Tinubu who can not scrutinize the country problem for proper solution strategies before taken action.
Maybe, till Dollar reach 2500 naira.
Just try and earn in dollar to subdue dis inflation agony.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Hassanmaye(m): 6:57am On Oct 22, 2023
My father has kept his car at home this is someone who has money o, talkmore of ordinary civil servant, this country...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Brushstrokes20: 7:03am On Oct 22, 2023
At this juncture, Only brutal, bloodthirsty Khaki boys or a red revolt can salvage the doomed contraption! undecided
# the shyyythole from fry pan to fire 🔥
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by holicalpha(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
E no easy na. How you go buy fuel almost 600 naira/litre only for bolt to collect almost 30 percent commission from small money wey rider pay you to drive am very far distance. Car maintenance go chop him own money, feeding dey there too. Aside that self, even hire purchase plans no dey work again. How I go buy Corolla for almost 4 million then I go come give am out on hire purchase. Shey na 8 million naira the driver go fit pay back?

I bought a Corolla few weeks before subsidy removal for the intention of using it for higher purchase , up until now I never get driver , Corolla wey I buy 4.5M how I go see 7M on top?
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by jojothaiv(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2023
OVIHINNO:

Sorry I just sold mine
The man is not touch with reality.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by almarthins(m): 7:04am On Oct 22, 2023
Gjrich:
https://punchng.com/bolt-uber-drivers-now-sell-vehicles-over-poor-economy-association/?amp

Na same thing dey happen in dispatch businesses. Many operators dey sell their bike.

3 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by 234GT(m): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2023
aviara:

Next time, please tell him you self never chop.

If he continues to get help, he won't agree that Tinubu is a failed man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by LZAA: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2023
😄😄😄🚶🚶

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.