Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association (24019 Views)

PZ Cussons To Leave Africa Because Of Nigeria's Poor Economy / Bolt, Uber Drivers Form Trade Union As FG Approves AUATWON / Investors Dump 40% Stocks Over Poor Corporate Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

It's not subsidy removal that is the problem, it's the high commission being collected by greedy Uber/bolt.

Okada riders/ Keke riders/ commercial bus drivers are making money daily.
Are you a Keke rider to know this?
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

It depends on the type of car you ride.
If you acquire a car with small engine , you have no problem.

Most of the people telling stories here don't even own a car.
Tell us your own story since you own one.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Rubyjade: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
Aonkuuse:
The only thing now is having your own car for bolt or Uber, hiring out is not profitable now at all... But transport business actually has no much gain now
True and Nigerian are wicked. You give a driver a car and you hear if countless complaint.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Rubyjade: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

It depends on the type of car you ride.
If you acquire a car with small engine , you have no problem.

Most of the people telling stories here don't even own a car.
Camry pencil
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by bull67: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
fabian063:
Not just Uber drivers, shop owners are equally feeling the brunt. It is just a shame that the president didn't plan on ways to reduce the negative impact fuel subsidy will have on the common man before removing it. They(politicians) are all selfish because they are living a comfortable life by taxing (indirect tax) the hell out of Nigerians
you can imagine if there is going to be another election today, this APC party will have no votes atall

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Fearyourcreator: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
taylor88:

Typical defensive mechanism of a Tinubu supporter

Even if naira is 10,000 per dollar they’ll shift the blame from Tinubu and peg it on innocent Abokis at rumuola junction changing dollar

They can never accept that their certificate forger is a menace

Meanwhile they all suffer more than people who never voted their candidate
You go just dey talk Wetin you no fit know... oniyeye
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Fearyourcreator: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
E no easy na. How you go buy fuel almost 600 naira/litre only for bolt to collect almost 30 percent commission from small money wey rider pay you to drive am very far distance. Car maintenance go chop him own money, feeding dey there too. Aside that self, even hire purchase plans no dey work again. How I go buy Corolla for almost 4 million then I go come give am out on hire purchase. Shey na 8 million naira the driver go fit pay back?
100% ole ni e ... you no even talk 5m
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Godsonkemz(m): 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2023
What I saw today shocked me.
Two guys booked a ride in company of their two girls that looked like hookup girls. One of the girls questioned the rider if his V6 camry big daddy has AC. The rider had to wind up and put on the AC. I felt so bad for the rider who's gonna burning more fuel by having his AC on.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Love800(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
Goodevening sir. Pls sir can u help me with a little, even if 500 so i can eat at my work place. Hunger wants to kill me. Am being paid 25k monthly
flexyrule:
I pay a bolt guy 25k weekly for a one way trip to the office. Mondays to Fridays Airport road to CBD, Abuja..
I can conviniently pay you that 25k weekly and your car wouldn't have to suffer an all-day work. But, I might run around during weekends to make up for the fueling and cost of small maintenence.
I work in finance, sold my car last year to attend to an urgent need, I have been trying to get another one. But you know, business has been bad and the economy is biting.
Let me know if you're game.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by emmanuelbrown26: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
aviara:
One of my neighbour came to ask me for garri and he was really complaining bitterly of how hard things have suddenly become.

This same man was busy campaigning for APC in 2015, 2019 and even 2023 just because APC in our area were giving him party souvenir like T shirt, face cap and maybe some money. But of course after election everyman to himself. Now it is difficult to feed himself and family.

I still gave him what I could but this is a lesson to all. Voting based on sentiments won't exclude you from the repercussions of bad governance.
For giving him d Garri, indirectly u are supporting Tinubu bcs no Tinubu supporter deserve anything good or favour in life
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by emmanuelbrown26: 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
234GT:

Next time, please tell him you self never chop.

If he continues to get help, he won't agree that Tinubu is a failed man
Exactly what I said, I hv one that was supporting Tinubu, d sister or brother did an operation, and d doctor told them to get a particular blood tonic, she has being begging me for 8k to get d tonic. Reminded her to go and meet Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by emmanuelbrown26: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

That guy is a typical example of tribalism. Even if tinubu make dollar to naira 3k someone like him will still vote for tinubu. It was this election I just realised how most yorubas are. History will judge them cos they have helped tinubu to destroy this country
Yorubas are terrible people na
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by emmanuelbrown26: 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
Love800:
Wat abt madam put food biz?
Food business depends ohhhhhhh
Bcs most eateries are no making enough sells nowadays.
Food business is a nice one but factors are involve
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by holicalpha(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2023
flexyrule:
I pay a bolt guy 25k weekly for a one way trip to the office. Mondays to Fridays Airport road to CBD, Abuja..
I can conviniently pay you that 25k weekly and your car wouldn't have to suffer an all-day work. But, I might run around during weekends to make up for the fueling and cost of small maintenence.
I work in finance, sold my car last year to attend to an urgent need, I have been trying to get another one. But you know, business has been bad and the economy is biting.
Let me know if you're game.

I am just seeing your mention, drop your contact details
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by flexyrule(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2023
holicalpha:

I have sent you a DM.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by flexyrule(m): 8:08am On Oct 31, 2023
holicalpha:

Sent you a PM
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by bull67: 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

every tribe practice tribalism. Not just only yorubas. Only few will not dp it. Not that we hate ourselves because we marry each other but,because we are just selfish. If someone is from your village, you will always want him to be your president. I don't think that way. If you don't think that way you are an enemy. That the way people from each tribe look at it.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Souljaboi1: 4:26am On Nov 27, 2023
holicalpha:

I bought a Corolla few weeks before subsidy removal for the intention of using it for higher purchase , up until now I never get driver , Corolla wey I buy 4.5M how I go see 7M on top?

Hi, I just PMed you.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Tohsynetita1: 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
bull67:
every tribe practice tribalism. Not just only yorubas. Only few will not dp it. Not that we hate ourselves because we marry each other but,because we are just selfish. If someone is from your village, you will always want him to be your president. I don't think that way. If you don't think that way you are an enemy. That the way people from each tribe look at it.
please boss, check your email, have been on your email for days now, Am Tohsynetita , the guy that was giving mean of making money to travel out through exportation and you testified to my post. You can message me on Whatsapp 0803154250 nine. Have been trying to get you through email but to know avail. Thanks.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:42pm On Jan 15
call 0913-7000-206 for driver job in a reputable company. you may have to work on saturday
salary -90k location lagos mainland
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Y1nka(m): 7:48am On Jan 21
emmanuelbrown26:

I am Yoruba , and I am not terrible.

I never voted Tinubu , but regardless of how much you hate him, this is how democracy works, not everybody Voted Biden as well.

But I still can’t understand how you all are taking this into tribal war. Focus on next election , strategize, UNITE (even with the people you hate). Election is never won with emotions, and people won’t vote for your candidate just because you like them. Learn.

To achieve the Nigeria you want , you have to work with the Nigeria you have. Stop all these Yoruba this Yoruba that, if they were that bad, we won’t have them in multitude Voting Obi which they did.

Behind every Tinubu is worth it is tribal nepotism
Behind every Obi is the best, is tribal sentiment.

No politician in Nigeria is a holy Grail, just better devils than another

I am Yoruba and Proud, whatever your tribe is , you are just plain stupid and foolish to insult my tribe because of an election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Greenfaces: 6:05pm On Mar 03
Aonkuuse:
The only thing now is having your own car for bolt or Uber, hiring out is not profitable now at all... But transport business actually has no much gain now
Even with my car, I've stopped it.
You drive over how many km, the person pays 2300. When you check how much you spent on fuel its the same amount. And after sometime, your car tyres start making noises because of the type of bad roads some clients call you to. The thing is just not profitable. Its better to have a sharan and do distant journeys than bolt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.