Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association (24018 Views)

PZ Cussons To Leave Africa Because Of Nigeria's Poor Economy / Bolt, Uber Drivers Form Trade Union As FG Approves AUATWON / Investors Dump 40% Stocks Over Poor Corporate Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by bigiyaro(m): 7:10am On Oct 22, 2023
The union can come together and find a way of financing cars/vehicles for thier members.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by 234GT(m): 7:13am On Oct 22, 2023
STEWpid:

So una dey get WhatsApp group?

I'm a concerned citizen,,

It doesn't mean I know or work for any politician in pawa.

Retarded masses,,

Chai..

You are just a struggling olosho who is getting monthly stipend for supporting Tinubu online.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Torimaster(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2023
The prices charged by these online cab companies is not in tune with economic realities... It doesn't come at a surprise... Compare their prices with airport cabs & u will see why the business is no longer profitable to them

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 7:16am On Oct 22, 2023
Let's assume that after Tinubu took over govt on May 29 2023 the following happened within 6 months of his govt:
1. The dollar dropped to N250 per dollar
2. The fuel price crashed to N140 per litre
3. Foreign investors flowed into Nigeria like a river
4. Inflation rate and food prices dropped significantly
5. Cost of governance fell marginally
6. Our refineries started working and producing

Tinubu e rats wouldn't have allowed us breath. Unfortunately, the reverse is the case but they still want us to clap and celebrate the clueless govt ever in the history of Nigeria. Even Abacha and Babangida did better

3 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by aviara: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2023
Torimaster:
The prices charged by these online cab companies is not in tune with economic realities... It doesn't come at a surprise... Compare their prices with airport cabs & u will see why the business is no longer profitable to them

But it was profitable all the while before Tinubu scattered everything. Bolt is mostly taken for convenience but with a tough economy like ours everybody is cutting cost. Consequently, patronage of bolt has reduced. For instance, many car owners no longer drive their personal car to work but use public transport. Many people who usually run generator to power their homes have either reduced and even stopped for a long while Fact check my claims

3 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Xhuntra: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2023
STEWpid:

So una dey get WhatsApp group?

I'm a concerned citizen,,

It doesn't mean I know or work for any politician in pawa.

Retarded masses,,

Chai..

Shut up make we hear word. U re not making a zilch sense
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:23am On Oct 22, 2023
aviara:

At what point did Peter Obi come into the discourse? Data shows that there is a decline in usage of app based transport system because of increased fare.

That guy is a typical example of tribalism. Even if tinubu make dollar to naira 3k someone like him will still vote for tinubu. It was this election I just realised how most yorubas are. History will judge them cos they have helped tinubu to destroy this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by fineboynl(m): 7:25am On Oct 22, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
E no easy na. How you go buy fuel almost 600 naira/litre only for bolt to collect almost 30 percent commission from small money wey rider pay you to drive am very far distance. Car maintenance go chop him own money, feeding dey there too. Aside that self, even hire purchase plans no dey work again. How I go buy Corolla for almost 4 million then I go come give am out on hire purchase. Shey na 8 million naira the driver go fit pay back?
Corolla is more than 5m now. Dollars and Fuel and present economy

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by STEWpid(f): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2023
234GT:

You are just a struggling olosho who is getting monthly stipend for supporting Tinubu online.

Chai..

Nkpi,,

Ayam not surprised how wretched that your category in the masses can reason!

Any person that his or her talk seems to support Tinubu MUST be receiving 30k from Tinubu??

In a social setting, people don't always reason the same.

Oji ofor ga ana.

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Reference(m): 7:28am On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

It depends on the type of car you ride.
If you acquire a car with small engine , you have no problem.

Most of the people telling stories here don't even own a car.

Ostrich talk, and a vain attempt to hide sentiment.
The government has done zero, absolutely NOTHING to contain the inflation triggered by subsidy removals, period.
It simply cannot recognize the danger and does not know HOW to tackle inflation.
It is a question of intellect and competence.

I warned it would spread from energy and transport to engulf the entire economy if not swiftly tackled after the removals.
Businesses of diverse kinds, even those that have no direct relation to fuel consumption are engulfed in inflation because any economy is interrelated.

In sane climes this is more feared that war.
In sane climes governments rise and fall on this fear.
In sane climes the fear now will be that of mass revolt.
So you folks can continue to play the fiddle and comfort yourselves that all it well, then when you least expect it....

6 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by 234GT(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2023
STEWpid:

Chai..

Nkpi,,

Ayam not surprised how wretched that your category in the masses can reason!

Any person that his or her talk seems to support Tinubu MUST be receiving 30k from Tinubu??

In a social setting, people don't always reason the same.

Oji ofor ga ana.

The subsidy removal don affect your pussy* business.

Na man wey chop bellefull go carry olosho. Sorry.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by STEWpid(f): 7:33am On Oct 22, 2023
Xhuntra:

Shut up make we hear word. U re not making a zilch sense

When "Nkpi",, the haggard-smelly type of he-goat has nothing to say,, they type exactly the useless text you put above.

10 terrabyte should not argue with 10 megabyte.

Chai..
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by STEWpid(f): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2023
234GT:

The subsidy removal don affect your pussy* business.

Na man wey chop bellefull go carry olosho. Sorry.

I'm in the category of your Mum.

You and I can see her clitoris!
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by fabian063: 7:35am On Oct 22, 2023
badoh:

Was it Tinubu that removed the subsidy? There was no provision for subsidy in 2023 budget effective July 2023 as prepared by Buhari. Tinubu only announced it that subsidy is gone. The economy is biting hard, price of commodities are going up, the govt should do a quick one on transportation to alleviate the suffering of the people. Every State govts should have rolled out buses that will charge insignificant amount to help the populace but our leaders are self centered and don't care at all.
Seeing the amount of cash and luxurious cars giving to Senators at this moment in time when we all have to sacrifice for the good of the nation breaks my heart.
The common man are paying the price, the politicians don't give a fvck

4 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Nextt: 7:36am On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

It's not subsidy removal that is the problem, it's the high commission being collected by greedy Uber/bolt.

Okada riders/ Keke riders/ commercial bus drivers are making money daily.

Industries that are shutting down are also collecting high commission? Firms that have folded up recently are also greedy? Thousands of workers laid off from their jobs look like a joke to you?

Tricycle and motorcycle owners conserve fuel by plying very short distances. They have parks where they operate. They wait in line to pick up passengers. This, in addition to the short distances covered, also helps them to limit the amount of fuel consumed daily. Even then, they are really struggling to make a tidy profit at the end of the day after expenses. Bolt and Uber drivers are the complete opposite. It is shallow thinking to even compare the both of them in terms of distance covered in their daily business activities.

4 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by clevermugu: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2023
such a pity. the country is gradually winding down

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Picardor2: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2023
patomberekpe:
All of you voted for Jagaban criminal Tinubu tribalistic bigots, let's all face the problem.

Don't say all Oga. We know is a few buh it was massively rigged. Don't blame any of us. Blame the securities that should have secured our votes instead sold us out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by ahnie: 7:49am On Oct 22, 2023
This is really Gon hit hard in some families!

3 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by thinkmoney(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2023
Gjrich:
https://punchng.com/bolt-uber-drivers-now-sell-vehicles-over-poor-economy-association/?amp
If u are into this business and u voted for this government , God will judge u

4 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2023
OVIHINNO:

Sorry I just sold mine
God will see u tru my broda!
cool
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by nedekid: 7:56am On Oct 22, 2023
3seriez:
All sectors of the economy are going through hard times.
The removal of subsidy, Rise in dollars coupled with this double digit inflation is having a multiplier effect on everything.
People are seeing shege, some in pro max.
The next few months are going to be crazy.
You said it all.
Do you know in the last 10 days we have spent 1.2m in diesel at ₦1050 per liter? What small business will survive under such condition. It is as if you are working just to pay the diesel supplier.
The bolt or Uber that brought and waited for my visitor yesterday, immediately he started the corolla, I asked if it had diesel engine, to revere nko, as if all the engine mounts, bushings etc were all gone. Meeem, I felt for the driver, if not for current expenses I de run, I would have given the young driver money to fix his car.
People are suffering under this poverty spreading apc.

6 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by sonnie10: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2023
fineboynl:
Corolla is also 5m now. Dollars and Fuel and present economy

Corolla should be more than that amount now.
The maths is simple.
You have to buy the car ( at least $1500 for 2008)
You have to ship it ($1500)
And you have to clear it in Nigeria ( #2M)
This is already more than #5M
It still has to be properly fixed and the importer would still have to make little profit

So for 2008, you might be looking at spending about #6 - 7M currently.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Mrtaye: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2023
OVIHINNO:

Sorry I just sold mine
Cos you are not a transporter
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by TheOgaBoss: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2023
STEWpid:

APC is a party, not a human being and it does not reflect the intension of one person.

Rogues will hide under any party for personal gain and aggrandizement.

Chai..
same party, same manifesto, same program, same supporters.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by 234GT(m): 8:02am On Oct 22, 2023
STEWpid:

I'm in the category of your Mum.

You and I can see her clitoris!

lolssss you be struggling olosho jare.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by oluseg2: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2023
Speak complete truth my friend so that you will be at peace with God. We all know the fuel price increase is having negative impact on that business sector.

AareGaa:

It's not subsidy removal that is the problem, it's the high commission being collected by greedy Uber/bolt.

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Evolutionism: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2023
The affected E-Hailing drivers should go and join Politics, Oil Bunkery, Scamming, Yahoo Ritualists, Robbery, 419, Drug Trafficking, Human Trafficking, Olosho Business and Pimping.

These Businesses are what sells most in a useless nation like nigeria.

A very useless nation where 90% Of Its Population are Primitive Bvstards.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2023
taylor88:

Typical defensive mechanism of a Tinubu supporter

Even if naira is 10,000 per dollar they’ll shift the blame from Tinubu and peg it on innocent Abokis at rumuola junction changing dollar

They can never accept that their certificate forger is a menace

Meanwhile they all suffer more than people who never voted their candidate
these current APC Defenders are extremely foolish and idiotic, they have zero intelligence. See how he rushed to defend.

Bolt car owners not hirers. Their intellect is smaller than a grain of mustard seed.
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by lizko(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2023
We are already buying 700
maticar:

Fuel is 620/630 now. Confirmed

591 is nnpc and most are closed....na game
Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Ashirioluwa: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2023
But that she-pig, madam Eniola Badmus claimed petrol price in Nigeria is the cheapest globally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by Usmanovic95(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2023
AareGaa:

Mr man, how many Keke and bus driver did you relate with to come up with this false generalization.Imagine the Keke rider who fuel their Keke with less than 3k/day now buying close to 10k fuel/pay couple with increase in oil and other spare part.
It's always different lamentation from different riders when u board them to take you to your destination.The worst part is they can't even afford to increase the cost of t-fare because people will rather trek than pay any marginal increase to the already high cost of transport.

4 Likes

Re: Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association by flexyrule(m): 8:40am On Oct 22, 2023
holicalpha:

I bought a Corolla few weeks before subsidy removal for the intention of using it for higher purchase , up until now I never get driver , Corolla wey I buy 4.5M how I go see 7M on top?
I pay a bolt guy 25k weekly for a one way trip to the office. Mondays to Fridays Airport road to CBD, Abuja..
I can conviniently pay you that 25k weekly and your car wouldn't have to suffer an all-day work. But, I might run around during weekends to make up for the fueling and cost of small maintenence.
I work in finance, sold my car last year to attend to an urgent need, I have been trying to get another one. But you know, business has been bad and the economy is biting.
Let me know if you're game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.