Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) (3391 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by God2man2again(m): 1:24am On Oct 22, 2023
The acronyms are:
B- Basic
I- Instructions
B- Before
L- Leaving
E- Earth

The Bible came into existence through inspiration, revelation, illumination, audible voice, angels, prophets, visions, dreams and still small voice from God Almighty and nature..

About 40 different authors wrote the Bible of 66 books in different locations over a period of more than one thousand years.

Some of these authors never saw the writings of one another yet there is a wonderful unity, agreement and conformity with their writings.

How can you preserve a book for more than 1,000 years?
It can only be God.
God has hands in it.
Till tomorrow, the Bible is still under attacks, scrutiny, twisting, misapplication and misinterpreted.
They sought in vain to destroy the Bible but it stood like an unmovable Rock

The Bible is good for the soul. It nourishes, encourages, heals, transforms and fits the soul as key to a lock.

The Bible has power. The power to destroy the deception of the wicked old man, the devil.
Quote the Bible and see how the wicked will flee.

The Bible is a spirit. It gives life to people.

A world without Bible is like a Sodom and Gomorrah, ready for destruction.

( To be continued)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Michael547(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2023
God2man2again:
The acronyms are:
B- Basic
I- Instructions
B- Before
L- Leaving
E- Earth

The Bible came into existence through inspiration, revelation, illumination, audible voice, angels, prophets, visions, dreams and still small voice from God Almighty and nature..

About 40 different authors wrote the Bible of 66 books in different locations over a period of more than one thousand years.

Some of these authors never saw the writings of one another yet there is a wonderful unity, agreement and conformity with their writings.

It can only be God.
God has hands in it.
Till tomorrow, the Bible is still under attacks, scrutiny, twisting, misapplication and misinterpreted.

The Bible is good for the soul. It nourishes, encourages, heals, transforms and fits the soul as key to a lock.

The Bible has power. The power to destroy the deception of the wicked old man, the devil.

( To be continued)
So when I die on earth, what part of my body will leave the earth?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
God2man2again:
The acronyms are:
B- Basic
I- Instructions
B- Before
L- Leaving
E- Earth

It can only be God.
God has hands in it.

( To be continued)

66 books that were selected by men, who excluded other books simply because they did not fit into their theology but were recognised by others.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Image123(m): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
LordReed:

66 books that were selected by men, who excluded other books simply because they did not fit into their theology but were recognised by others.

Are you not a man also? Go and remove one or add one book na, ostrich.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01am On Oct 24, 2023
God2man2again:

The men aren't authors of what they penned it was someone else who inspired them to write it down:

And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “WRITE, for these words are faithful and true.” Revelations 21:5

God is the author He used those men just as a director or CEO would use his secretary to get some information typed or writen! 2Timothy 3:16 compare to 2Peter 1:21

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2023
LordReed:

There were criteria selected to determine what book should be canonised. It has nothing to do with the feelings of anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

There were criteria selected to determine what book should be canonised. It has nothing to do with the feelings of anyone.
Who selected the criterias?
It has to do with the feelings of Iranueus, an anti gnostic.

2 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

Criteria that were made by men. When one of the criteria was wide geographical use tell me that is not based on feelings.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 8:31am On Oct 24, 2023
LordReed:

Criteria that were made by men. When one of the criteria was wide geographical use tell me that is not based on feelings.

Criteria based on theological deduction and logical reasoning.
Strict criteria for the new testament scriptures include the books must be written in the 1st century AD by people who knew the Lord or who met people that knew the Lord.
It must have a new Christology doctrine not written in books b4 it. If it's just a repetition of what's already known, there's no need for it to be canonised.

It must not contain legends, fables or supernatural tales that sounds strange to the early church. Whatever supernatural that's written in the book must be well known and established by the early church.

It's pertinent to note that the gospel was initially sung as a hymn or chants in the early church and known to hearts by the early Christians b4 it was written down. So coming up with tales that's strange or unheard of will be rejected.

That's why stories like Jesus talking at birth was rejected because early Christians didn't sing it and books having such tales not included in the bible.

I don't know anything about widespread geographical use. 2 Peter wasn't widespread when it was canonised.

2 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:54am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

Strict criteria for the new testament scriptures include the books must be written in the 1st century AD by people who knew the Lord or who met people that knew the Lord.
It must have a new Christology doctrine not written in books b4 it. If it's just a repetition of what's already known, there's no need for it to be canonised.

It must not contain legends, fables or supernatural tales that sounds strange to the early church. Whatever supernatural that's written in the book must be well known and established by the early church.

It's pertinent to note that the gospel was initially sung as a hymn or chants in the early church and known to hearts by the early Christians b4 it was written down. So coming up with tales that's strange or unheard of will be rejected.

That's why stories like Jesus talking at birth was rejected because early Christians didn't sing it and books having such tales not included in the bible.

I don't know anything about widespread geographical use. 2 Peter wasn't widespread when it was canonised.

The gospel of Peter met all these criteria but was still rejected. Tell me why.

None of the things you've said have excluded human judgement.

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2023
LordReed:

The gospel of Peter met all these criteria but was still rejected. Tell me why.

None of the things you've said have excluded human judgement.

There's no evidence anywhere Peter wrote a gospel when he was alive. None of the apostolic fathers mentioned anything about Peter writing a gospel.
What the apostolic fathers wrote was that the gospel of Mark is the oral rendition of Peter.
Gospel of Peter started circulating in the 2nd century. No reference was made of it in the 1st century.

Gospel of Peter was a pseudepigrapha

3 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2023
Maynman:

Soooo irrelevant and off point assertion.
Seriously I wouldn't mind condoning your pest like behaviour if at least u bring substance to the argument. At least we all here to learn.
But u....it's like people are talking mathematics then u come along and start talking about heresy.
Always off point.

3 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 10:30am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

Soooo irrelevant and off point assertion.
Seriously I wouldn't mind condoning your pest like behaviour if at least u bring substance to the argument. At least we all here to learn.
But u....it's like people are talking mathematics then u come along and start talking about heresy.
Always off point.
That's because you lack knowledge and understanding on your religion.
All the gospels had no AUTHORS, it was assigned to them by the church fathers.
It was Iranueus that specifically chose those FOUR gospel books you are basing your life on.

Only a fool will read the "synoptic gospel" and still go on believing it was written by the disciples

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

There's no evidence anywhere Peter wrote a gospel when he was alive. None of the apostolic fathers mentioned anything about Peter writing a gospel.
What the apostolic fathers wrote was that the gospel of Mark is the oral rendition of Peter.
Gospel of Peter started circulating in the 2nd century. No reference was made of it in the 1st century.

Gospel of Peter was a pseudepigrapha

One of the criteria you mentioned was that it was in oral traditions, Gospel of Peter was in oral tradition.

As for it being pseudepigrapha, riddle me this:
In addition to the sets of generally agreed to be non-canonical works, scholars will also apply the term to canonical works who make a direct claim of authorship, yet this authorship is doubted. For example, the Book of Daniel is considered by some to have been written in the 2nd century BC, 400 years after the prophet Daniel lived, and thus the work is pseudepigraphic. A New Testament example might be the book of 2 Peter, considered by some to be written approximately 80 years after Saint Peter's death. Early Christians, such as Origen, harbored doubts as to the authenticity of the book's authorship.[4]
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

What does "heresy" mean?
When you have an authority(Catholic) deciding the foundation of your Christianity, other opinions are regarded as "heresy".
If another was in authority, all your ORTHODOX BELIEFS will be "heresy".

3 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2023
LordReed:

One of the criteria you mentioned was that it was in oral traditions, Gospel of Peter was in oral tradition.

As for it being pseudepigrapha, riddle me this:

Regarding old testament. Christians regard it as books telling the history of the Israelites. The Jews compiled their history in the books.
It's not for me to start disputing the history of a race I don't belong. The old testament is read either as historical evidence or theology interpretation. The later is the interest of christians when it comes to the old testament.
We learn the principles of God as he relates with his elects and then apply such principles to the new testament.
The old testament was already compiled possibly by Ezra 200 years b4 any Christian existed so I really don't see how Christianity wil influence something already established b4 it.

I've read the apocryphal books in the old testament and I don't see much difference in canonised and non canonised. It's basically much of the same Jewish history and their challenges. My favourite is the book of sirach anyway.

Now to new testament. I already dealt with 2 Peter in one of my previous posts. I will check and bring it here, can't repeat myself.

But if we are to go by scholars. Only 13 of the 27 new testament books are accepted as genuine. The authorship of the rest are disputed by modern day scholars.
The funny thing is the number keeps changing. A scholar may wake up this morning and claim another book's authorship is disputed because of some new criteria he discovered.
Every bible scholar must defend his phD by claiming they've discovered something new about the bible. That's the way it works. It's either they publish or perish.
Even 1 Thessalonians that have been agreed by all scholars to be the first authentic letter of Paul is now been disputed as fake by some new scholars.
I don't know about u but personally I will take their work by a pinch of salt.

Anyway, back to 2 Peter, it was a private letter and wasnt well known in the early church period. However Clement of Rome quoted from it in his own letter in the first century AD.
That was one of the decisions that influenced it's canonisation.

2 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

The old testament was already compiled possibly by Ezra 200 years b4 any Christian existed so I really don't see how Christianity wil influence something already established b4 it.
The "old testament", properly called Tanakh was complied fully during the synod of jamnia, and it was a reaction to the Septuagint, the Christians already created the "old testament" before the jews did.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Regarding old testament. Christians regard it as books telling the history of the Israelites. The Jews compiled their history in the books.
It's not for me to start disputing the history of a race I don't belong. The old testament is read either as historical evidence or theology interpretation. The later is the interest of christians when it comes to the old testament.
We learn the principles of God as he relates with his elects and then apply such principles to the new testament.

I've read the apocryphal books in the old testament and I don't see much difference in canonised and non canonised. It's basically much of the same Jewish history and their challenges. My favourite is the book of sirach anyway.

Now to new testament. I already dealt with 2 Peter in one of my previous posts. I will check and bring it here, can't repeat myself.

But if we are to go by scholars. Only 13 of the 27 new testament books are accepted as genuine. The authorship of the rest are disputed by modern day scholars.
The funny thing is the number keeps changing. A scholar may wake up this morning and claim another book's authorship is disputed because of some new criteria he discovered.
Every bible scholar must defend his phD by claiming they've discovered something new about the bible. That's the way it works. It's either they publish or perish.
Even 1 Thessalonians that have been agreed by all scholars to be the first authentic letter of Paul is now been disputed as fake by some new scholars.
I don't know about u but personally I will take their work by a pinch of salt.

Anyway, back to 2 Peter, it was a private letter and wasnt well known in the early church period. However Clement of Rome quoted from it in his own letter in the first century AD.
That was one of the decisions that influenced it's canonisation.

So then whether a book was pseudepigraphal would be irrelevant as a criteria if you going to add pseudepigraphal books to the canon anyway.

BTW 3 of the gospels have unknown authors nor does Paul who some of his books were likely written before the gospels barely quotes anything from Jesus' words. If indeed these were all stuff that was being transmitted orally how come Paul's books barely has any touchstones by way of verbatim quotes?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

...BTW 3 of the gospels have unknown authors nor does Paul who some of his books were likely written before the gospels barely quotes anything from Jesus' words. If indeed these were all stuff that was being transmitted orally how come Paul's books barely has any touchstones by way of verbatim quotes?

Because his focus was in the area where he was an expert, which is Law (The Commandments) and his knowledge of Law which was the same reason why he hated Christ's movement in the first place and made him think that they were evil anti-God like you.

Until God opened his eyes to see that Christ was still talking about The Law, the very thing which he supported and upheld.

Thst is why we see him making the connections of Law to us and to Christ as he applauded and uppraised Christs works.

Thus his writings focused on re-raising up The Law and giving us The Law opinion (if i say legal opinion now you people will get it but legal means man made while Law is God Made) for us to see and know the workings and implications of The Law (The Commandments).

Which is why God chose him so that the world would have a glimpse from The Eye of The Law how God, The Law would judge them!

It's as simple as that. The lay men like the fishermen can say and repeat what Christ had Said and taught them but God raised Paul, to be the lawyer who gives The Judgments of The Law!

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

You can put tiger generator in your Reedager car and use keke marwa alternator in it however, every reasonable person knows that the VVT-1 engine and alternator is perfect for in the Camry just like the bible.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Because his focus was in the area where he was an expert, which is Law (The Commandments) and his knowledge of Law which was the same reason why he hated Christ's movement in the first place and made him think that they were evil anti-God like you.

Until God opened his eyes to see that Christ was still talking about The Law, the very thing which he supported and upheld.

Thst is why we see him making the connections of Law to us and to Christ as he applauded and uppraised Christs works.

Thus his writings focused on re-raising up The Law and giving us The Law opinion (if i say legal opinion now you people will get it but legal means man made while Law is God Made) for us to see and know the workings and implications of The Law (The Commandments).

Which is why God chose him so that the world would have a glimpse from The Eye of The Law how God, The Law would judge them!

It's as simple as that. The lay men like the fishermen can say and repeat what Christ had Said and taught them but God raised Paul, to be the lawyer who gives The Judgments of The Law!

Which law? The same one he said Christians are not under?

Galatians 3
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:[

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

So then whether a book was pseudepigraphal would be irrelevant as a criteria if you going to add pseudepigraphal books to the canon anyway.

Criteria for tanakh is different from the new testament canonisation.
The Jews that compiled the book of Daniel said it was written by Daniel in the 6th century BC.
Ezekiah who lived in Babylonian exile mentioned Daniel in his book as a righteous person.
You may want to question the historicity of Daniel but remember until 1993 most scholars insisted David never existed, them an ancient inscription depicting city of David was discovered.

LordReed:

BTW 3 of the gospels have unknown authors nor does Paul who some of his books were likely written before the gospels barely quotes anything from Jesus' words. If indeed these were all stuff that was being transmitted orally how come Paul's books barely has any touchstones by way of verbatim quotes?

The 3 gospels were made anonymous by who?
The early church knew the writers of the gospel, this wasn't disputed until modern scholars came up until their unanimous claim.

John, Peter and James also didn't quote the Lord in their letters. What does that change.
The audience of these letters already heard the gospel. Why should u tell them again.
The aim of the letters is to explain exegesis and address heresy/controversy in the church.
They don't need to recount the gospel.

2 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

The early church knew the writers of the gospel, this wasn't disputed until modern scholars came up until their unanimous claim.
There were hundreds of books written anonymously, they only chose the one they want and put an author's name to it.
Before Iranueus that named the author's of the book, weren't people using the books?
If they were already using it, what was the need to put an author's name on it?

Only an illiterate will read the synoptic gospels and not see that one person copied another.

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Criteria for tanakh is different from the new testament canonisation.
The Jews that compiled the book of Daniel said it was written by Daniel in the 6th century BC.
Ezekiah who lived in Babylonian exile mentioned Daniel in his book as a righteous person.
You may want to question the historicity of Daniel but remember until 1993 most scholars insisted David never existed, them an ancient inscription depicting city of David was discovered.

This is funny. The criteria for some parts of the same so called Holy Book was made different to others and yet you are here trying to defend the reason why books where excluded? LoLz.

The question is not about the historicity of Daniel but the authorship of the book.

John, Peter and James also didn't quote the Lord in their letters. What does that change.
The audience of these letters already heard the gospel. Why should u tell them again.
The aim of the letters is to explain exegesis and address heresy/controversy in the church.
They don't need to recount the gospel.

By what method do you know who wrote the gospels, just tell me that.

Heard the gospel from who? And why shouldn't they be told again? What is wrong with repetition especially to buttress whatever point is being made? Why do they quote passages from the prophets and the psalms if they've already heard those many times before?

Where did the heresy spring from if they were already hearing the gospels?

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

This is funny. The criteria for some parts of the same so called Holy Book was made different to others and yet you are here trying to defend the reason why books where excluded? LoLz.

The question is not about the historicity of Daniel but the authorship of the book.

I think the bigger problem here is your poor understanding of what's called the bible.

The bible consists of two independent and separate books- the old testament and new testament.
Their development is completely independent of each other. The new testament is not the continuation of the old testament neither is it volume 2 of the OT. One doesn't complement the other.

As at the time the Lord Jesus was walking the surface of this earth, the tanakh as we have it today already existed, compiled and established.
There were no Christians involved in the development of the old testament.

The new testament is based on a different theology that focus on the Christology of Jesus. The criteria set for it's compilation would be different and that's the ones agreed upon by the church and Christians.

So if the historicity of Daniel isn't in contention, why do u doubt the wrote down what's in the book of Daniels. Scholars argument is borne out of the fact that Daniel is a legend of sort and not a real person.

LordReed:

By what method do you know who wrote the gospels, just tell me that.

The early church fathers who were less than few decades away from the apostles confirmed who wrote the gospels. Some of these church fathers knew people who met the apostles and heard from them.

Now thousands of yrs later some scholars writing their PhD in bible theology came up with doubts about gospel authors. Why? because the gospel letters were not signed, the ascribed authors are fishermen and couldn't have learn how to write, the contents in the letters are too sophisticated for 1st century Christians AD.
None of the above made sense to me.

I have debated the gospel authorship multiple times on nairaland, can't go thru it again. Research a book called Didache and an apostolic father called papias.
Maybe we can start for there.

LordReed:

Heard the gospel from who? And why shouldn't they be told again? What is wrong with repetition especially to buttress whatever point is being made? Why do they quote passages from the prophets and the psalms if they've already heard those many times before?
Once again problem lies in poor understanding of the structure of the new testament.
The letters were written to mostly gentiles who were new to the Abrahamic religious concept.
They knew about Jesus because they hear the gospel in their church, but not familiar with the tanakh. It's expedient to show them that Christology isn't an abstract concept but has its genesis in a God that was known for thousands of years and worshipped by the Jews.

LordReed:

Where did the heresy spring from if they were already hearing the gospels?

Jesus handed over the leadership of the church to Peter, He told him to feed and care for his sheep. What do u think Jesus meant?

Most 1st century Christians were from alien cultures and religion, they were going to attempt extrapolating strange practice into Christianity or misinterpret Christian doctrines.
They needed guidance, teaching, reprimand, training in ensuring they stay in right part and not be led astray.
That's what Jesus meant, and this is why he sent the holy spirit.

“I have much more to tell you but you cannot bear it now. Yet when that one I have spoken to you about comes—the Spirit of truth—he will guide you into everything that is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 2:35am On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

“I have much more to tell you but you cannot bear it now. Yet when that one I have spoken to you about comes—the Spirit of truth—he will guide you into everything that is true.
Who is the he?

John 16:13–14: “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak from himself; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.”

Revelation 1:1-- The Revelation Unveiling of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John.

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2023
LordReed:

Which law? The same one he said Christians are not under?

O Christian Lawyers were art thou?

He did not mean that Christians are not under Law. He was talking about The Law of Condemnation. The Laws which convicts and condemna a man what you would understand as "Criminal Law" with all the standards of proof of guilt and absolve-tion from guilt according to Law.

Paul was simply showing and proving in accordance with Law how a man is guilty and how a man is declared innocent making the connection and Law effects (legal effects) with the Works Christ Did and had Done.

Thus, his writings is about The Law implications (legal implications) of what Christ had done via a vis what The Law had done and will do.

So; Paul was writing to us lawyers first, hence Peters warning to lay men (2 Peter 3:6) to save help us see the Truth and Foundations of Law, for we absolutely know that there is no thing on earth that is not under Law.

Therefore, when Paul said "not under law" he meant a person who would not be attacked by criminal law since he has committed no offence exactly as no police or Efcc or ndlea has come to face you since you have not broken their law. That is what he was trying to teach hence why he said "sin (offence) is not imputed when there is no Law" Romans 5:13". This is where man and his fake laws called legal attached their own "Nullum crimen sine lege is Latin for "no crime without law." The phrase reflects the principle in criminal law and international criminal law that a person cannot or should not face criminal punishment except for an act that was criminalized by law before they performed the act. Though they say "Law" they mean man made laws e.g. criminal code, police act, acja, constitutions and all those fake commands that man made

Whereas, Law is Law and has always been in force and no man made The Law hence my thread https://www.nairaland.com/6989896/lawyers-not-deceit#110283265

So, Paul was talking about Law and how the Law operates in convicting an offender (a sinner)/absolving a person from sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by MindHacker9009(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:

What does "heresy" mean?
When you have an authority(Catholic) deciding the foundation of your Christianity, other opinions are regarded as "heresy".

Tell him o! Just in the 14th century William Tyndale was burned at the stake by the Catholic church for translating the Bible into English. If this is the purnishment for translating the Bible from Latin to English in the 14th century how much more the punishment for going against the church's dicision on which Books to add or remove when the Bible was being compile in the second/third century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfNWxZPe8Yw

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

O Christian Lawyers were art thou?

He did not mean that Christians are not under Law. He was talking about The Law of Condemnation. The Laws which convicts and condemna a man what you would understand as "Criminal Law" with all the standards of proof of guilt and absolve-tion from guilt according to Law.

Paul was simply showing and proving in accordance with Law how a man is guilty and how a man is declared innocent making the connection and Law effects (legal effects) with the Works Christ Did and had Done.

Thus, his writings is about The Law implications (legal implications) of what Christ had done via a vis what The Law had done and will do.

So; Paul was writing to us lawyers first, hence Peters warning to lay men (2 Peter 3:6) to save help us see the Truth and Foundations of Law, for we absolutely know that there is no thing on earth that is not under Law.

Therefore, when Paul said "not under law" he meant a person who would not be attacked by criminal law since he has committed no offence exactly as no police or Efcc or ndlea has come to face you since you have not broken their law. That is what he was trying to teach hence why he said "sin (offence) is not imputed when there is no Law" Romans 5:13". This is where man and his fake laws called legal attached their own "Nullum crimen sine lege is Latin for "no crime without law." The phrase reflects the principle in criminal law and international criminal law that a person cannot or should not face criminal punishment except for an act that was criminalized by law before they performed the act. Though they say "Law" they mean man made laws e.g. criminal code, police act, acja, constitutions and all those fake commands that man made

Whereas, Law is Law and has always been in force and no man made The Law hence my thread https://www.nairaland.com/6989896/lawyers-not-deceit#110283265

So, Paul was talking about Law and how the Law operates in convicting an offender (a sinner)/absolving a person from sin.

Dude he was talking of the law given by Moses. Christians he said are not under that law so I dunno what you are talking about. Jesus never said anything like that.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:

What does "heresy" mean?

Olodo. U can't even interpret sentences properly.
I mean people gathered talking and analysing mathematics. Then u arrive and start talking about religious heresy.
How this mathematics and religious heresy relates?

That's how u sound here, the reason u so annoying.

Even this sentence, u thought I was talking about heresy in the bible.

For someone who claim he's atheist, ur obsession with Christianity is alarming. U can't get your head round anything else apart from Christianity, u see it everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

Olodo. U can't even interpret sentences properly.
I mean people gathered talking and analysing mathematics. Then u arrive and start talking about religious heresy.
How this mathematics and religious heresy relates?

That's how u sound here, the reason u so annoying.

Even this sentence, u thought I was talking about heresy in the bible.

For someone who claim he's atheist, ur obsession with Christianity is alarming. U can't get your head round anything else apart from Christianity, u see it everywhere.

you are the one that's an illiterate, your analogy of mathematics and heresy is wrong, because first off you lack what "heresy" means.
Mathematics don't work on dogma, there's no authority that decides beliefs or doctrine in the field of math.

If not that you are dumb, where in the new testament did Jesus speak "Greek"?
Does that not mean most of his audience and discples spoke the common language then, ask yourself, how come NONE of the new testament books was written in the common language among them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

White People Hardly Go To Church Now / The Kaaba- Another Prove That Islam Is The Religion Of Peace / For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.