Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) (3423 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynmaynmayn: 2:59am On Oct 27, 2023
Only the EGO can be affected by shame or praise, I have dropped It. I am doing this for Fun.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 3:09am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:
Only the EGO can be affected by shame or praise, I have dropped It. I am doing this for Fun.

Before nko, that's why u no get shame.
U will still look for me tmrw.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynmaynmayn: 3:10am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

Before nko, that's why u no get shame.
U will still look for me tmrw.
You are right , I don't, only the EGO has.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

I agree with u that atheist shouldn't waste their energy on Christians because u guys don't even know anything about the bible u want to chuk mouth enter.

Abi no be one of u chop disgrace this night on this thread. That one no kuku get shame, he will still find my trouble tmrw.

But atheist that has shame will know when to keep shut and not get involved in what he knows little about. A good example is Lord reed, I will advise u follow his lead.

You are funny. Because I haven't responded means I have shut up? LMAO! You guys always think silence means you've won but when someone talks you start getting salty. Calm your tits down and await my response like a reasonable person who knows that I don't live on Nairaland.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2023
LordCenturion:

never waste your energy, christians will do everything to defend the book they know nothing about,they have been badly brainwashed

Sometimes it is fun watching them contort in mental gymnastics to defend the Jewish myths and legends.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37am On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

Dude he was talking of the law given by Moses. Christians he said are not under that law so I dunno what you are talking about. Jesus never said anything like that.

Did I not infer that The Law is The Commandments?

Anyway, it is laymen and churchgoers and devils who do not understand what Paul means or refuse to understand. Christians get it and they understood that that is what Christ Said in fewer words.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did I not infer that The Law is The Commandments?

Anyway, it is laymen and churchgoers and devils who do not understand what Paul means or refuse to understand. Christians get it and they understood that that is what Christ Said in fewer words.

Huh? Are you confused? First you say he advocated for the law now you are saying he didn't.

The same Jesus the supposedly said to someone to obey all the laws? The same Jesus that said:

Matt. 23 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

I think the bigger problem here is your poor understanding of what's called the bible.

Bwahahahahahaha! Tell us what is hard to comprehend about an anthology of Jewish myths and legends.

The bible consists of two independent and separate books- the old testament and new testament.
Their development is completely independent of each other. The new testament is not the continuation of the old testament neither is it volume 2 of the OT. One doesn't complement the other.

Yet you guys claim that they do compliment each other or how are you making that claim while simultaneously believing that the OT "prophesied" of Jesus?

BTW your condescension stinks Captain Obvious. Who argued with you that the Bible isn't made up of many books divided into the so called Old and New Testaments?

As at the time the Lord Jesus was walking the surface of this earth, the tanakh as we have it today already existed, compiled and established.
There were no Christians involved in the development of the old testament.

Like who cares if Christians were not the ones who compiled the Tanakh? The argument here is it was included in the compilation BY CHRISTIANS even when some of the providence of the books are just as arguable as the ones they chose to exclude.

The new testament is based on a different theology that focus on the Christology of Jesus. The criteria set for it's compilation would be different and that's the ones agreed upon by the church and Christians.

Again who cares since it was Christians who combined them into what is viewed as a contiguous work. If you have different criteria for different sections then why are you bellyaching that people are calling out the inconsistency?

So if the historicity of Daniel isn't in contention, why do u doubt the wrote down what's in the book of Daniels. Scholars argument is borne out of the fact that Daniel is a legend of sort and not a real person.

Because most of it doesn't fit with what is known from historical evidence, just like the rest of the anthology. So it makes little sense to an outsider that the criteria for choosing one book over another is some random cutoff that merely emphasises the bias of those doing the choosing.

The early church fathers who were less than few decades away from the apostles confirmed who wrote the gospels. Some of these church fathers knew people who met the apostles and heard from them.

Did the church fathers confirm that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were the actual authors of the books? That's the question here, not whatever this your answer is saying..

Now thousands of yrs later some scholars writing their PhD in bible theology came up with doubts about gospel authors. Why? because the gospel letters were not signed, the ascribed authors are fishermen and couldn't have learn how to write, the contents in the letters are too sophisticated for 1st century Christians AD.
None of the above made sense to me.

Where would fishermen of that era who were living in a fishing village far from the major city centers have gone to learn how to write? You mean they learnt enough Greek to compose the type of prose we see in the gospels after the death of their master while they were busy keeping their heads down from prosecution and doing the work of their ministry?Show us the evidence that they did.

I have debated the gospel authorship multiple times on nairaland, can't go thru it again. Research a book called Didache and an apostolic father called Papias.
Maybe we can start for there.

LoLz. You want to use another anonymously authored book to prove other anonymously written books. Are you joking?

The same Papias that said: "For I did not think that information from the books would profit me as much as information from a living and surviving voice." That Papias? LoLz.

Once again problem lies in poor understanding of the structure of the new testament.
The letters were written to mostly gentiles who were new to the Abrahamic religious concept.
They knew about Jesus because they hear the gospel in their church, but not familiar with the tanakh. It's expedient to show them that Christology isn't an abstract concept but has its genesis in a God that was known for thousands of years and worshipped by the Jews.

I thought you said the books don't compliment each other? LoLz.

Jesus handed over the leadership of the church to Peter, He told him to feed and care for his sheep. What do u think Jesus meant?

Isn't that more reason the Gospel of Peter would be taken more seriously by you folk?

Most 1st century Christians were from alien cultures and religion, they were going to attempt extrapolating strange practice into Christianity or misinterpret Christian doctrines.
They needed guidance, teaching, reprimand, training in ensuring they stay in right part and not be led astray.
That's what Jesus meant, and this is why he sent the holy spirit.

“I have much more to tell you but you cannot bear it now. Yet when that one I have spoken to you about comes—the Spirit of truth—he will guide you into everything that is true.

So then the mere recitation of oral traditions was not enough right. Then why do you think the oral traditions should be strong enough to convince us now when even then they couldn't prevent people from adding to them.

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

Sometimes it is fun watching them contort in mental gymnastics to defend the Jewish myths and legends.

Mental gymnastics that has held you spellbound all your life and keeps holding your family till tomorrow.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

Huh? Are you confused? First you say he advocated for the law now you are saying he didn't.

The same Jesus the supposedly said to someone to obey all the laws? The same Jesus that said:

You are pretending not to see I said Christians get Paul and they understood that what he said is what Christ Said in fewer words
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are pretending not to see I said Christians get Paul and they understood that what he said is what Christ Said in fewer words

State it unequivocally, did Paul say Christians are under the law or they aren't?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

State it unequivocally, did Paul say Christians are under the law or they aren't?

I stated it unequivocally that every Christian and reasonable person understands a that Paul was saying that if you have done no wrong then The Law would not come after you. And because a person has done no wrong, then he is above The Law of Condemmation aka Law of Sin and Death.

Paul did not say and cannot say that you above the Law of Family and Marriage and Food and drowning etc
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I stated it unequivocally that every Christian and reasonable person understands a that Paul was saying that if you have done no wrong then The Law would not come after you.

LMFAO! Do you as a Christian follow the laws of Moses in its entirety?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And because a person has done no wrong, then he is above The Law of Condemmation aka Law of Sin and Death.

The same Paul that said all have sinned? LoLz.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

LMFAO! Do you as a Christian follow the laws of Moses in its entirety?

I cannot do the entirety especially as i am not in Israel. And Moses taught them how to do it how much more I in my day, when devils have changed the calender (time and Laws Dan 7:25).

And most especially God raised up the most important part of The Laws that everyone can keep which is

1) Love, Respect,Honour and Fear The Lord.

2) Eschew evil and Do the good, harm no one and be blameless in everything.

All these things I can do and live to do.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

The same Paul that said all have sinned? LoLz.

Have we not all done and do wrong?

And he restated what Christ Said that it is in our power and hands to stop doing wrongs aka "go and sin no more" . That's all.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Have we not all done and do wrong?

And he restated what Christ Said that it is in our power and hands to stop doing wrongs aka "go and sin no more" . That's all.

If all has sinned how are they not under The Law of Condemmation aka Law of Sin and Death?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I cannot do the entirety especially as i am not in Israel. And Moses taught them how to do it how much more I in my day, when devils have changed the calender (time and Laws Dan 7:25).

And most especially God raised up the most important part of The Laws that everyone can keep which is

1) Love, Respect,Honour and Fear The Lord.

2) Eschew evil and Do the good, harm no one and be blameless in everything.

All these things I can do and live to do.

Those weren't what Jesus said to his disciples to keep alone.

Matt. 23 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Are you observing those things?

Even the one Jesus mentioned to someone are you do it:

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Besides why do you need to be Israel to obey those laws?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by MindHacker9009(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
This is why anyone making money from gullible followers with the name of the invented jesus christ will always fight tooth and nail by claiming the invented superman jesus christ was a real character:

nnamdizen:
This is a freaking stadium man, church money is the easiest, no raiding, no police or interpol, no efcc and you can flaunt it how ever you want no case.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:
This is why anyone making money from gullible followers with the name of the invented jesus christ will always fight tooth and nail by claiming the invented superman jesus christ was a real character:

They could have been a real person called Jesus who was crucified by the Romans but he certainly didn't have any super powers.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 12:57am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

Ok I will take time to respond to your claims- that's what they are because u provided zero evidence for any of your submissions.

It's obvious u running your own script here and not engaging but since it's the first time we debating I'll oblige u.

1. For the upteenth time, the old testament is not binding on Christians because its doctrines are no longer relevent. The old testament is the history of the Jews which is weaved around their religious practice and beliefs.
Christians are not accountable to defend the history in the book, that's for the Jews- it's their history.
Instead, we read the history with theological interpretation because therein lies the principles God wants mankind to follow.
It's not about the Jews, it's about God. So u telling me to defend Jewish history is ridiculous.

Israelites were not the only ones who worshipped Yahweh. But they were the only ones who finally got it right after many years of turbulence and rebellion.
So it's only pragmatic we learn about God's principles and ordinances from them.

Regarding your so called Jewish myths/legends, it boils down to how do we handle the history? Swallow it hook, line and sinker or reject it outright?
All works of ancient history are neither entirely factual nor entirely made up.
By looking at details in history book and comparing with independent sources, as we do for the Jewish history, we do have a good chance of figuring out what is historically correct.

That's why I said David was considered a myth until the inscription city of David was discovered in 1993.

2. What old testament scripture did the Christians decide to exclude? I'm interested in these scriptures.

Comparing the book of Daniel to gospel of Peter makes no sense. Asking why the book of daniel was included in OT but the gospel of Peter was rejected in NT shows u not here to engage but argue for the sake of it.

3. Your different criteria noise will only make sense if u can point out any Jewish prophet acknowledged by Israelites as a man of God but his work rejected by the tanakh compilers.
The Jews compiled the works of their recognised prophets sent by God throughout their history spanning thousands of years and made a book out of it.
Now u questioning why the Christians didn't use same criteria to compile the new testament. Does that make sense to u?
As I said, u don't understand the historical context of the old testament. That's the problem.

4. Let me ask u a question, was there a Babylonian king who had mental health problem?
David was considered imaginary until 1993 then he became a real person. That's how ridiculous your historical evidence claim can be.

5. Your question on whether the church fathers confirmed the authorship of the gospel is outright ridiculous and shows you ve never done any serious research on the gospel works itself.
By the late 1st century, the the church and apostolic fathers knew the writers of the 4 gospels.
There's both internal and external evidence confirming authorship of the books.
Papias, Justyn matyr, Polycarp, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria all confirmed the 4 gospel writers.
Marcion the first Christian to codify a Christian cannon in early 2nd century used the gospel of Luke.

The Muratorian cannon is the earliest new testament cannon dated to 170 AD. It confirms the traditional authorship of the 4 gospels

In fact, out of the 1st & 2nd century church fathers writings, none of them named the gospel authors as anonymous or attribute them to anyone else.
There was never a time in early church history that there was a misnomer of the 4 gospels authorship.

Even Celsus a Greek philosopher and Christian critic in the 2nd century affirm apostolic authorship.
Do u get it now!!!

6. Once again your description of gospel writers as fisherman and couldn't have learn greek is ignorance in display
Greek was the lingua Franca in ancient eastern Roman empire. It was the language of commerce and communication amongst different ethnic group. It's far more widespread then u think.
Jesus spoke Greek, Andrew and Philip were Greek names and there's evidence they spoke Greek.

Regarding the gospel writers: Matthew was an accountant, Luke was a medical doctor. John Mark was a gentile who followed Paul to preach in foreign cities, which language will they speak? Paul told mark to bring his scrolls when coming to visit him, how will he know the ones to bring if he can't read.

Abeg this one no be talk.

6. Atheist are funny human beings. When it comes to ancient biblical evidence they start shouting anonymous up and down.
Tell me, how many of the historical records of ancient civilisations do we know the authors.
Most of what we know about Egyptian civilization today is from the royal annals and Egyptian book of the dead. Do u know the authors of these works or were they anonymous? Do u trust them?
Who wrote the Cyrus cylinder that tells us a lot about the Achaemenid empire? Do u trust it even though it's anonymous.
If above is yes then what's the problem with Didache, a book used by Jewish Christians in 70AD.
Mr Man stop the double standard, look for the book and read it.

7. I want u to provide evidence for that Papias quote u brought here. Let me see his works u lifted it from.

So because something is recited orally mean it shouldn't be misinterpreted? Is that what u saying?
Now that we have written form, don't we have misinterpretation?

8. Finally I dont understand what u on about gospel of Peter. I already told u it was written in the 2nd century. How can a book written decades after the death of Peter be authored by him?

Going forward, I will only response to your statements borne out of facts and evidence. Any other thing else will be ignored.
Your opinion doesn't count.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 1:06am On Oct 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Why don't u tell LordReed your faith. Maybe u can explain the Jewish religion to him better.
I think its unfair for a Christian to be defending Judaism myths and legends when we actually have someone who believes in those tales.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Image123(m): 4:18am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

They could have been a real person called Jesus who was crucified by the Romans but he certainly didn't have any super powers.

LoLz, like you even know the definition of super powers or agree to it, comic comedian.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

Those weren't what Jesus said to his disciples to keep alone....

The serpent has revealed his twisting self!

Change of post! The question was about my following The Law in its entirety not about disciples to keep alone.

No Road!
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

If all has sinned how are they not under The Law of Condemmation aka Law of Sin and Death?

That is exactly what Paul is saying. When you steal, kill and do wrong, The Law comes for you and you will be under Condemnation and death.

But when you are washed and you do no wrong aka sin not, you are free from condemnation exactly how Efcc and ndlea and police do not bother when you do no wrong. End of story!
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 8:22am On Oct 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

1. For the upteenth time, the old testament is not binding on Christians because its doctrines are no longer relevent. ..

Most respectfully, you are wrong. Mathew 19:17 is looking at you and Revelations 2:14 and Revelation 2:20.

Are all these judgments against these not the very Words of The Commandments?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

Why don't u tell LordReed your faith. Maybe u can explain the Jewish religion to him better.
I think its unfair for a Christian to be defending Judaism myths and legends when we actually have someone who believes in those tales.

Says the guy who believes in the Jewish creation myth. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Oct 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is exactly what Paul is saying. When you steal, kill and do wrong, The Law comes for you and you will be under Condemnation and death.

But when you are washed and you do no wrong aka sin not, you are free from condemnation exactly how Efcc and ndlea and police do not bother when you do no wrong. End of story!

So he says Christians aren't under the law of Moses but Jesus never said that they should follow the laws of Moses.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordReed(m): 8:52am On Oct 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The serpent has revealed his twisting self!

Change of post! The question was about my following The Law in its entirety not about disciples to keep alone.

No Road!

You aren't following the laws Jesus asked his disciples to keep.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Caveatemptor(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2023
God2man2again:
The acronyms are:
B- Basic
I- Instructions
B- Before
L- Leaving
E- Earth

The Bible came into existence through inspiration, revelation, illumination, audible voice, angels, prophets, visions, dreams and still small voice from God Almighty and nature..

About 40 different authors wrote the Bible of 66 books in different locations over a period of more than one thousand years.

Some of these authors never saw the writings of one another yet there is a wonderful unity, agreement and conformity with their writings.

How can you preserve a book for more than 1,000 years?
It can only be God.
God has hands in it.
Till tomorrow, the Bible is still under attacks, scrutiny, twisting, misapplication and misinterpreted.
They sought in vain to destroy the Bible but it stood like an unmovable Rock

The Bible is good for the soul. It nourishes, encourages, heals, transforms and fits the soul as key to a lock.

The Bible has power. The power to destroy the deception of the wicked old man, the devil.
Quote the Bible and see how the wicked will flee.

The Bible is a spirit. It gives life to people.

A world without Bible is like a Sodom and Gomorrah, ready for destruction.

( To be continued)

Watch this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bsM7RbK0A?si=_qSjjCGY-okfdbq2

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

So he says Christians aren't under the law of Moses but Jesus never said that they should follow the laws of Moses.

See Serpent twisting because he does not have anything to say again.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Dtruthspeaker: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

You aren't following the laws Jesus asked his disciples to keep.

A devil like you would not know after all you even Lie against God, so how would you not speak lies against me?

Clearly, No Road!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's Best Dressed Pastor? / Does This Work / 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.