Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) (3420 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:
you are the one that's an illiterate, your analogy of mathematics and heresy is wrong, because first off you lack what "heresy" means.
Mathematics don't work on dogma, there's no authority that decides beliefs or doctrine in the field of math.

If not that you are dumb, where in the new testament did Jesus speak "Greek"?
Does that not mean most of his audience and discples spoke the common language then, ask yourself, how come NONE of the new testament books was written in the common language among them?

When Jesus spoke to Pontus pilate, what language did he speak?

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

When Jesus spoke to Pontus pilate, what language did he speak?
Aramaic, in how many languages did pilate write "king of the Jews"?
And why did he do it?

The crowd were shouting release "Barabbas", bar abbas, that's Aramaic meaning son of the Father.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:

Aramaic, in how many languages did pilate write "king of the Jews"?
And why did he do it?

The crowd were shouting release "Barabbas", bar abbas, that's Aramaic meaning son of the Father.
When Jesus spoke to the Roman centurion he healed his servant, in what language did they communicate?

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

When Jesus spoke to the Roman centurion he healed his servant, in what language did they communicate?
in how many languages did pilate write "king of the Jews"?
And why did he do it?

Think, how will Roman Centurion communicate in a region full of Aramaic speaking people?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:

And why did he do it?

Think, how will Roman Centurion communicate in a region full of Aramaic speaking people?

What's the lingua Franca in the Roman empire during 1st century AD?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
And why did he do it?
SIRTee15:

What's the lingua Franca in the Roman empire during 1st century AD?
Latin was the everyday language of the roman military as well as all the government offices. A roman stationed in Palestine would attempt to learn some hebrew and Aramaic since these was the languages in everyday life in that part of the world then.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:
And why did he do it?

Latin was the everyday language of the roman military as well as all the government offices. A roman stationed in Palestine would attempt to learn some hebrew and Aramaic since these was the languages in everyday life in that part of the world then.

Produce evidence a Roman official has to learn a local language to be stationed in the region.

So Latin is the lingua franca of the Roman empire in the first century AD? Is that what u saying?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

Produce evidence a Roman official has to learn a local language to be stationed in the region.

So Latin is the lingua franca of the Roman empire in the first century AD? Is that what u saying?
Read slowly
A roman stationed in Palestine would attempt to learn some hebrew and Aramaic since these was the languages in everyday life in that part of the world then.

And why did he do it?

how come NONE of your gospel was written in the languages Jews understand?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by LordCenturion(m): 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
LordReed:

Criteria that were made by men. When one of the criteria was wide geographical use tell me that is not based on feelings.
never waste your energy, christians will do everything to defend the book they know nothing about,they have been badly brainwashed

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

You no even get point, where did this event take place?
Carper'naum is the center of his public ministry in Galilee Matthew 4:12–17.

Now this centurion is kind of a "big man", he has servants and a whole household, that means he has been living in that place for years, how did he communicate?
Please riddle me in john 4:51, his servantS, was he communicating with them in "roman lingua franca" or better still did he import "roman lingua franca" speaking servantS into carper'naum?

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Maynman:

Read slowly
A roman stationed in Palestine would attempt to learn some hebrew and Aramaic since these was the languages in everyday life in that part of the world then.

And why did he do it?

how come NONE of your gospel was written in the languages Jews understand?

So the Roman officials are not obliged to learn the local language then. what made u think the Roman centurion learnt and spoke Aramaic.

Why was the inscription on Jesus head written in Greek? If Greek is irrelevant in Judea why would Pilate have the inscription written in Greek.
Who are the targeted audience expected to read the inscription in Greek?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
SIRTee15:

So they Roman officials are not obliged to learn the local language then. So what made u think the Roman centurion learnt and spoke Aramaic.

Why was the inscription on Jesus head written in Greek? If Greek is irrelevant in Judea why would Pilate have the inscription written in Greek.
Who are the targeted audience expected to read the inscription in Greek?
He has been posted to Palestine probably for years, common sense he will learn the language of the common people.

Which language is 'Akeldama'?

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 12:45am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynman:

He has been posted to Palestine probably for years, common sense he will learn the language of the common people.

Which language is 'Akeldama'?

You see why it's a waste of time debating u. Always off point all the time.
Once u get stuck, u start waffling. Bringing irrelevant points.

U came here questioning why the gospel should be written in Greek when Jesus only spoke Aramaic.

Jesus spoke to Roman officials, in what language?
Produce evidence the Roman officials could speak Aramaic. I'm not interested in your opinion. I want evidence.

Why did Pontus Pilate ordered king of the Jews to be written in Greek if Greek was an irrelevant language in Judea. Who were the target audience?

If u fail to answer my question. I will end this debate. It's becoming another waste of time.

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 12:50am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

Why did Pontus Pilate wrote king of the Jews in Greek if Greek was an irrelevant language in Judea. Who were the target audience?

You have already seen it but mental psychosis, you can't believe the truth.

After Pilate was done writing what did they say?
John 19:20
Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek.

Now the place Jesus was crucified was Golgotha.
Which language is Golgotha where "Many of the Jews read this sign"?

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 12:53am On Oct 27, 2023
Mary and Joseph took Jesus to live in Egypt for some time. What language did they speak while in Egypt?
If Joseph and Mary could communicate in lingua Franca of 1st century AD Egypt, what stops them from teaching their son.

Jesus used the word hypocrite in his sermon which is rooted in Greek. What does that say about his knowledge of the language.

2 of Jesus disciples had Greek names Andrew and Philip. What does that tell u about the communality of the Greek language influence in Judea region

The likelihood that Jesus had Greek-speaking disciples is highlighted in John 12:20–23, where a group of Greeks specifically approach Philip asking to speak to Jesus who then in turn approaches Andrew. Philip and Andrew then together approach Jesus about the Greeks.

Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. 21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Jesus.” Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.

In John 7:35 the crowd even speculates that Jesus might leave them and go and teach Greeks, which presumably means they knew he could speak Greek.

The Jews said to one another, “Where does this man intend to go that we cannot find him? Will he go where our people live scattered among the Greeks, and teach the Greeks?
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 12:54am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

Jesus spoke to Roman officials, in what language?
Produce evidence the Roman officials could speak Aramaic. I'm not interested in your opinion. I want evidence.

The gospel made sure to exceptionally show Jesus spoke nothing but Aramaic whenever he is in Capernaum.

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 12:55am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

The likelihood that Jesus had Greek-speaking disciples is highlighted in John 12:20–23, where a group of Greeks specifically approach Philip asking to speak to Jesus who then in turn approaches Andrew. Philip and Andrew then together approach Jesus about the Greeks.

Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. 21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Jesus.” Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.

In John 7:35 the crowd even speculates that Jesus might leave them and go and teach Greeks, which presumably means they knew he could speak Greek.

The Jews said to one another, “Where does this man intend to go that we cannot find him? Will he go where our people live scattered among the Greeks, and teach the Greeks?
Greeks in that context means gentiles
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 12:57am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

2 of Jesus disciples had Greek names Andrew and Philip. What does that tell u about the communality of the Greek language influence in Judea region

And how many does Aramaic have?

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 1:59am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynman:

You have already seen it but mental psychosis, you can't believe the truth.

After Pilate was done writing what did they say?
John 19:20
Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek.

Now the place Jesus was crucified was Golgotha.
Which language is Golgotha where "Many of the Jews read this sign"?

What does Golgotha has to do with language spoken by Jesus.
Everybody u see why I hate debating this guy.

2 Likes

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 2:01am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynman:

The gospel made sure to exceptionally show Jesus spoke nothing but Aramaic whenever he is in Capernaum.

I gave u my time today but u wasted it. I would have used it more productively.

U are nothing but a time waster. This is the reason nobody wants to debate u.

People will be talking mathematics, u will arrive and start talking about weather. How does that make sense.

U will be desperately begging for attention as if u have something reasonable to discuss.
But yet still the same conspiracy junks without any reasonable evidence.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 2:07am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

What does Golgotha has to do with language spoken by Jesus.
Everybody u see why I hate debating this guy.
Look at the context of what I said compare with this.

You already said earlier you'll stop replying, so who are you complaining to?

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 2:11am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

I gave u my time today but u wasted it. I would have used it more productively.

U are nothing but a time waster. This is the reason nobody wants to debate u.

People will be talking mathematics, u will arrive and start talking about weather. How does that make sense.

U will be desperately begging for attention as if u have something reasonable to discuss.
But yet still the same conspiracy junks without any reasonable evidence.
Your mental psychosis has blinded you.

https://ancient-hebrew.org/semitic-origins/semitic-origins-of-the-book-of-matthew.htm

You are exactly where the Catholic wants you to be, defending it vigorously.

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 2:12am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynman:

Greeks in that context means gentiles

U will come here behaving like a thirsty dog that needs water as if your life depends on it.
Ok they will offer u opportunity to crave your thirst but all u will be writing is nonsense.
That's why nobody takes u serious anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynman: 2:15am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

U will come here behaving like a thirsty dog that needs water as if your life depends on it.
Ok they will offer u opportunity to crave your thirst but all u will be writing is nonsense.
That's why nobody takes u serious anymore.
And here you are abusing me at 2:12am.

Bro, Jesus Christ that is portrayed in the gospel is a composite character, he does not exist.

How come all scholars are conspiracy theories ?

Just take a moment and doubt your Nicene doctrine.
You don't have to worship Jesus, you are the Christ already, Autogenes.

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by MindHacker9009(m): 2:37am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynman:

And here you are abusing me at 2:12am.

Bro, Jesus Christ that is portrayed in the gospel is a composite character, he does not exist.

How come all scholars are conspiracy theories ?

Just take a moment and doubt your Nicene doctrine.
You don't have to worship Jesus, you are the Christ already, Autogenes.

It is so obvious that this SIRTee15 is feeding so well on the gullible people believing in the invented Jesus christ.
Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynmaynmayn: 2:37am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

See where I'm getting my nonsense.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g1672/kjv/tr/0-1/

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynmaynmayn: 2:41am On Oct 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:

It is so obvoius that this SIRTee15 is feeding so well on the gullible people believing in the invented Jesus christ.
The thing is too glaring yet he's still holding on to the conditioning, suck cost fallacy.

1 Like

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 2:47am On Oct 27, 2023
Maynman:

Your mental psychosis has blinded you.

https://ancient-hebrew.org/semitic-origins/semitic-origins-of-the-book-of-matthew.htm

You are exactly where the Catholic wants you to be, defending it vigorously.

So u actually knew the gospel of Mathew was written in hebrew but came here earlier and started ranting that none of the gospel was written in Jesus own language.

If this is not dissociative identity disorder, I dont know what else to call it.

So what's the point of tonight's argument when u already knew the answer. It's obvious u just want to argue for attention sake.

U will write anything no matter how rubbish just to seek attention.
I won't be surprised if u are on another atheist forum arguing Jesus Christ is real. I won't put.is pass U, because U will do anything for attention..anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by Maynmaynmayn: 2:51am On Oct 27, 2023
SIRTee15:

So u actually knew the gospel of Mathew was written in hebrew but came here earlier and started ranting that none of the gospel was written in Jesus own language.

If this is not dissociative identity disorder, I dont know what else to call it.

So what's the point of tonight's argument when u already knew the answer. It's obvious u just want to argue for attention sake.

U will write anything no matter how rubbish just to seek attention.
I won't be surprised if u are on another atheist forum arguing Jesus Christ is real. I won't put.is pass U, because U will do anything for attention..anything.
"Gospel" of Matthew was not written in Hebrew but originally in Greek.
What you have in the Greek Canonical Gospel are work of the early church fathers written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.

The picture I sent earlier is talking about "Logia" which was written in Hebrew(Aramaic) among the gnostics/Nazarene! Not the narrative accounts you have in your synoptic gospels.

https://www.nairaland.com/7891005/logia-gospel

Re: How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) by SIRTee15: 2:58am On Oct 27, 2023
LordCenturion:

never waste your energy, christians will do everything to defend the book they know nothing about,they have been badly brainwashed

I agree with u that atheist shouldn't waste their energy on Christians because u guys don't even know anything about the bible u want to chuk mouth enter.

Abi no be one of u chop disgrace this night on this thread. That one no kuku get shame, he will still find my trouble tmrw.

But atheist that has shame will know when to keep shut and not get involved in what he knows little about. A good example is Lord reed, I will advise u follow his lead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. / Old Covenant?? / Who Is This Allah? (forward And Preface)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.