Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small (27913 Views)

Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by lanzini309: 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
MightySparrow:
Your pastor knows your worth. He should expect more from you. Some of you asked for prayers to get jobs you are doing now.

As you are expanding, his ministry has to expand also. Who knows whether the church is in a rental hall now. You want him to stay there for ever?

Youths of the church, stand up to do the needful and stop posting nonsense for here.
You get it?
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read online this year..

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by BennyDGreat: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
thestreets:

I focus more on my Bible as I no longer find messages from pastors interesting. TD Jakes is okay but you have to be smart enough to take only what matters. I read the books of the old testament (Psalms, proverbs, wisdom Isaiah, Jeremiah and the rest like everyday. I ask for guidance in prayer. I also learn from "in the light of truth" teachings. I once listened to an Islamic cleric's teaching about humility and that changed my life. I think I pray like the Muslims even though I am a born catholic. Remember this, there is always something to take in every message. Just be smart enough to know the truth and don't let anyone enslave you

Ok. So how do you serve other believers when the scripture places emphasis on service?
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Maobichek: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
Michael547:

Ok....if these churches are not a one man church, do they teach the same biblical doctrines? If no, why?

They do ok! Anyone born and trained in these Churches are not always easily deceived by the new generation Pastors/Churches.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by sparko1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
kingsways:

Shame, you have taken your ignorance to the market square

We both know what I mean, naira land is anonymous and fitting for such post.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by VULCAN(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
This came either from a pastor or one who has been brainwashed long ago.

Any thought or action that Jesus would NEVER do is sin.

Only those that have read the Gospels and the Epistles with a sincere heart can identify what Jesus would NEVER do.

Most ministers read the Bible to find ways and means to manipulate.

Everything in this post below reeks of carnality.

Jesus would NEVER reason like that.

MightySparrow:
Your pastor knows your worth. He should expect more from you. Some of you asked for prayers to get jobs you are doing now.

As you are expanding, his ministry has to expand also. Who knows whether the church is in a rental hall now. You want him to stay there for ever?

Youths of the church, stand up to do the needful and stop posting nonsense for here.
You get it?
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Michael547(m): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
akan102:

Why asked for the church he is attending, what do you want to do with it?
Are Christians suppose to hide the way to eternal life or to publicly declare it?
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by PotatoSalad(m): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
Cmanforall:
Damn!

I am that type that will boldly handle the microphone and call a spade a spade
Asinnn
Omo people dey take rubbish from these so called pastors. You'd be surprised that they probably went after service to beg the guy man. I personally would have taken the microphone there and finish him and it'll be last time I'll be worshipping there.
Any amount wey anybody bring out now should be really appreciated. Really really appreciated cos omo e no easy anywhere. Peeps are going through a lot

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by PotatoSalad(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
kingsways:
Why are you bringing your church to Nairaland?

I think there is something fake and deceitful about your faith and Christianity

No genuine Chriatian would go to the Social media and publish these sorts with the aim to ridicule the church
Onye eriri eri chai 🙈

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by stephenponti(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
Donkogbe:
Something happened in my church yesterday and its so strange to me.

Yesterday was the youth anniversary so the youth president has been soliciting for funds and yes people complied and myself also. it was time for thanksgiving and all youth danced to the altar then the pastor openly reject the money contributed by the youth to the amount of 50k in the sense that its too small and also making reference to 2years ago when the youth as at that time bought the church drum set to the amount of 250k. he rejected the money and prayed for us.

This is has been disturbing my mind since yesterday and i am just wondering how a pastor will openly reject amount contributed by people.

note this is not mandatory donations and a man of God reject 50k in this economy of Tinubu? i am just having a mix feelings and its disturbing. what your view on this

File Photo: Used for illustration

Tell us the church and pastors name.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Freedomalaba(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hmmmmm...! Only God and the Pastor knows why the pastor did what he did and the God who he claims to serve will judge him. No offence intended but I am still trying to understand why you would bring this sort of issue here. What solution will this platform proffer? What you will get here would not really give you the clarity that you seek. There are certain things we should be careful about (especially the things that concerns God). Bringing this here will only give people unnecessary platform to paint the body of Christ black.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by int0x80(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
Emotional manipulation
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by JohnRich146: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Donkogbe:

Yesterday was the youth anniversary so the youth president has been soliciting for funds and yes people complied and myself also. it was time for thanksgiving and all youth danced to the altar then the pastor openly reject the money contributed by the youth to the amount of 50k in the sense that its too small and also making reference to 2years ago when the youth as at that time bought the church drum set to the amount of 250k. he rejected the money and prayed for us.

This is has been disturbing my mind since yesterday and i am just wondering how a pastor will openly reject amount contributed by people.

note this is not mandatory donations and a man of God reject 50k in this economy of Tinubu? i am just having a mix feelings and its disturbing. what your view on this

Such pastor wasn't call by GOD, he is a selfish pastor and he is after church money
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by thestreets(m): 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Ok. So how do you serve other believers when the scripture places emphasis on service?

Service starts frome ones family. I support them whole heartedly. I treat fellow humans with respect and love. I don't go about causing people pain. What else is greater than those?
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Testimony1988(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
He's not grateful.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by obaidan: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
If ever had doubts, at least this should confirm to you that all along you have been donating to man, not God. If the money was meant for God, even if na 2k, it will be acceptable.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Mom007(f): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
My pastor, my pastor... if you know God for yourself will you die? The sooner you do so, the better for you but we all know you sheeple will still remain under that fellow and his questionable dealings. Do you even know the implications of what he did spiritually? Smh
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by MightySparrow: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
VULCAN:
This came either from a pastor or one who has been brainwashed long ago.

Any thought or action that Jesus would NEVER do is sin.

Only those that have read the Gospels and the Epistles with a sincere heart can identify what Jesus would NEVER do.

Most ministers read the Bible to find ways and means to manipulate.

Everything in this post below reeks of carnality.

Jesus would NEVER reason like that.

I expect this from a ,'spiritual' person. I am in a church environment. If you are sincere, if you have ever run any ministry. Drama, orphanage, crusade.... You will discover that what nonsense most of you write here are out of lack of knowledge of both scriptures and reality. I qouted scriptures to support my own take.
Few months ago, I was invited to a concert by an upcoming singer. Till the programme started, he was still believing God for money to buy fuel. It was pitiful situation. Every pastor, singer, or hustler over there is working by faith. You have people like you, sinless like daddy freeze who never have led a church of ten people sitting in the comfort of your homes and typing comments here.

All of these well known pastors in the early days of their ministries suffered all manners of wants.
It happens in any facet of human endeavours. When it comes to pastors, you are quick to criticize because you are perfect. I read about the late Reinhardt Bonnke, in his early days in south Africa how his wife used to patch his trousers. How Adeboye was struggling with his dog over squirrel, how Kumuyi would not afford a typewriter.
Now you can criticize because you are not carnal.
I am brainwashed. I agree. If the dude is fed up with his church, he should quit. Friendship is by choice.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by MightySparrow: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
lanzini309:
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read online this year..

You are blind, how were you able to read?
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by MightySparrow: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
Bennycollins:
Let me tell you the difference. It is a one man church not because a individual started it, but because he started and registered it in his name, he is either the founder, GO or president and only his family members can takeover if he dies or retires. His position is not determined by another unlike in these others where the leaders can be voted out by majority of members.

Many lies on Nairaland. Mention such ministries with your evidence.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by teewhyhomes: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Happy new week! Please don't hesitate to visit our website @teewhyhomes for your Real Estate needs.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by litaninja(m): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Na una no get wetin una wan use money do na
Donkogbe:

Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Vicloteck(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
You are fool , your reasoning level is very poor . You want the youths to do everything possible to raise money .
MightySparrow:

You get it?
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by 123yes(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
Live that church.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by StreetMedia: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
Donkogbe:

Yesterday was the youth anniversary so the youth president has been soliciting for funds and yes people complied and myself also. it was time for thanksgiving and all youth danced to the altar then the pastor openly reject the money contributed by the youth to the amount of 50k in the sense that its too small and also making reference to 2years ago when the youth as at that time bought the church drum set to the amount of 250k.

I am just having a mix feelings and its disturbing. what your view on this

My brother;
1. The Parson is not called.

2. I would ve ask u to write the Bishop but it wont help.

3. Save the 50k to the youth box.

4. Let the youth invest and stand independent from the church.

5. Etc...
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by SURElee(f): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
Since he rejected it.
You youths should sit down and let the monies contributed be given back to the members.

IN this economy, where members have no bag of rice in their homes is when a Pastor expects youth to bring in sums of money above 250k?

Abegiii!
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by StreetMedia: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
The amount is less compared to the last years amount but doesnt warrant him rejecting it in all entirety.

Note: Such pastors, their ward(s) dont participate in the activities of the youth.

The church is losing it's worth on a weekly as men has lost interest attending services.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by StreetMedia: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
SURElee:
Since he rejected it.
You youths should sit down and let the monies contributed be given back to the members.

IN this economy, where members have no bag of rice in their homes is when a Pastor expects youth to bring in sums of money above 250k?

Abegiii!
I agree with you o.
But no need to return it back. Let them invest it somewhere.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by izubext007: 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
This is why will av a lot of thieves in the civil service
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by Goldbw122(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
Donkogbe:

Money ministry.. 😂
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by vatiqan(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yesterday would have been my last day in that church. But we have been so brainwashed by these businessmen, so I bet you'd surely go back on Sunday
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by MightySparrow: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
Vicloteck:
You are fool , your reasoning level is very poor . You want the youths to do everything possible to raise money .

You reason like an idiot. The pastor knows his sheep. No matter how reasonable you want to sound, you don't know the congregation more than the pastor. Check my other contributions on the topic. If the dude cannot cope with the demands of the church, he should go to a church where money is not raised at all.

Again, I reiterate that the pastor knows the worth of his youths.

I was a youth leader before where some of us were bankers, engineers in oil company, in some multinationals. I knew our contributions to our church.
So, Mr. Allwise, the pastor knows his congregation and their worth.
Re: My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small by kabillionaire(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
You guys should send just 5k out of that amount to me and God will bless you real good.
Clergies are after their own bellies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dreams, Meanings And Solutions / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.