Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,371 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) (46948 Views)

Naked Protest Shocks South Africa (PICS) / The Hidden Underground City In Finland Built In Case Of Nuclear War (Pictures) / 5 Most Brutal And Ruthless Warlords In Africa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Pretoria-based defence group Milkor’s 380 drone underwent a successful first test flight three years and seven months after the project kicked off.

The Milkor 380 is the largest drone built in Africa, with a wingspan of 18.6 metres, a continuous flight time of up to 35 hours, a range of up to 2,000km, and a maximum altitude of 9,000 metres.

The company is now conducting regular test flights and hopes to have four drones ready for the market by the end of 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMqZ2T6jX4?si=P5cvoyiW4WBCxNoh

The Milkor 380 is controlled from the ground by three people, including a pilot, a commander, and someone to control the equipment onboard.

Daniël du Plessis, business development manager at Milkor, said the drone’s size is critical as it determines what equipment it can carry.

“Some of the sensors with which it is equipped are heavy. A larger drone can accommodate more of them and even weapons,”

The infrared and high-resolution cameras onboard allow the Milkor 380 to undertake observation, intelligence gathering, reconnaissance, and offensive missions.

It can also be used for conservation, combating land and sea poaching, and border control.

Milkor promotes the drone as a complete observation system. It offers a control room, maintenance programmes, logistics support for fuel and parts, operator training, and satellite and ground-based communication infrastructure.

The company doesn’t specify a price for the drone, as this varies based on each customer’s specifications. Milkor’s drones are entirely built in South Africa.

The company began testing the Milkor 380 with the South African Air Force in Cape Town.

Using drones for security in South Africa has received a big push recently.

Earlier this month, the newly-launched border management authority announced it would procure technology, including drones, to eliminate crime, lawlessness and corruption at South Africa’s 72 ports of entry.

In May 2023, the Gauteng Department of e-Government revealed it had set a budget of R1.7 billion to buy drones, camera surveillance, and other crime-fighting tech.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/security/512202-huge-drone-made-in-south-africa-takes-flight.html/amp

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by saysoo: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ok
Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by prophetic69(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ahhhh! Naija why....

Hope our government learns from this great achievement.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by richiemcgold: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
Good one from the SA.
I hope a Nigerian one day will invent drones with night visions that can surveil our forests from the space. This will help to discover and attack armed herdsmen, terrorists and kidnappers without deploying soldiers.

130 Likes 13 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by Woodshot: 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Something I can bring down with my original catapult...mstcheww

16 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
South Africans are lucky sha, they should continually be thankful to God for giving them white South Africans, if not for the White South Africans, SA would have been worst than Somali.

I was wondering when a white worshipper would finally enter the thread.

This Somalia statistic of yours, any proof to back it up🤷🏽‍♂️

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by Slayar: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
South Africans are lucky sha, they should continually be thankful to God for giving them white South Africans, if not for the White South Africans, SA would have been worst than Somali.

I just wished Nigeria had a sizable population of white indigenes, they wouldn't have allowed Northern Abokis and Yorubas to destroy Nigeria the way it is right now angry

Before you quote my comment to talk thrash, ask yourself who have been ruling Nigeria as Presidents and Heads of state since 1966?

It is Northerners and Yorubas, they brought Nigeria to where it is today yet they have the guts to be attacking Igbos who haven't smelled presidency since 1966, God will disgrace you all.

Most of them are wallowing in poverty,they're not lucky.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
Slayar:

Most of them are wallowing in poverty, they're not lucky.

Proof please🙏🏽

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by franchasofficia: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
TMKsouth:

I was wondering when a white worshipper would finally enter the thread.

This Somalia statistic of yours, any proof to back it up🤷🏽‍♂️
You know the truth; without white South Africans, South Africa would have been a very barbaric 4th world country dancing naked in the name of culture

72 Likes 12 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
You know the truth; without white South Africans, South Africa would have been a very barbaric 4th world country dancing naked in the name of culture

You mean like Botswana or the Royal Bafokeng nation in the North West province of South Africa 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://www.nairaland.com/6491523/see-worlds-richest-tribe-african

14 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:

2 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:

So much for Somalia. White worshippers and black SA haters wailing right now 😂😂😂

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by chiiraq802(m): 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nothing concern me with una drone, na those South Africa Mzansi girls with huge curved backside dey hungry me like dis. Chaiii!!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by franchasofficia: 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
TMKsouth:

So much for Somalia. White worshippers and black SA haters wailing right now 😂😂😂

White people deserve to be praised.

Without whites, the world would have been so backward and difficult.

I am black like you, but lets leave sentiment aside and say the truth. White race are a superior race when it comes to creative intelligence, invention, science, technology and leadership, there is nothing bad in saying the truth.

Even in families, siblings are not born with equal wisdom and talent, some are more talented than others even though they were born by same father/mother.

Until we blacks learn to say the truth and begin to address our natural weakpoints that has kept us below par when compared to other races, we will continue to bask in our foolishness in the name of being woke.

I stand on my initial words that without White South Africans, South Africa would have been a very backward, dangerous 4th world country.

Give honor to whom honor is due. Give respect to whom respect is due.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
White people deserve to be praised.

Without whites, the world would have been so backward and difficult.

I am black like you, but lets leave sentiment aside and say the truth. White race are a superior race, there is nothing bad is saying the truth.

Even in families, siblings are not created with equal wisdom and talent, some are more talented than others even though they were born by same father/mother.

Until we blacks learn to say the truth and begin to address our natural weakpoints that has kept us below par when compared to other races, we will continue to bask in our foolishness in the name of being woke.

I stand on my initial words that without White South Africans, South Africa would have been a very backward, dangerous 4th world country

Colonialism did u real bad - Elizabeth II has since died but ensured your likes would for centuries remain her volunteer spokespersons despite the damage she and her ancestors did to Africans and our path to self-inspired historical development. Spits!

Have some pride in yourself.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by franchasofficia: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2023
TMKsouth:

Colonialism did u real bad - Elizabeth II has since died but ensured your likes would for centuries would remain her volunteer spokespersons. Spits!

Have some pride in yourself.

My brother you can spit out all the saliva in your mouth, it doesn't change the truth.

White race have proven to be a superior race with proven facts and track records that the whole world can see and feel.

Blacks are only good in activism and talk talk with no action.

Tell me who invented the internet?
Who invented the mobile phone or computer you are using to bask in your ignorance?
Who invented the aeroplane?
Who invented automobile?
Who invented ship, boats?
who invented Radio, TV?
Who invented formal education?
Who invented gun, bombs?
Who invented industrial machines and industrial revolution?
Who invented fan, airconditioners, electric iron?

Who invented medical equipments and medications saving your lives?

I am tired of typing, enjoy your foolery

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by KingCold: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
The bolded sounds like the description of your very own country

5 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by KingCold: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
TMKsouth:

You mean like Botswana or the Royal Bafokeng nation in the North West province of South Africa 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://www.nairaland.com/6491523/see-worlds-richest-tribe-african

Tell em' they;'ll forever sing the praises of whites as if they're some gods, these villagers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by UHLmoving: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
And Nigeria gave a Turkish firm the contract of securing our borders. shocked

4 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
My brother you can spit out all the saliva in your mouth, it doesn't change the truth.

White race have proven to be a superior race with proven facts and track records that the whole world can see and feel.

Blacks are only good in activism and talk talk with no action.

Tell me who invented the internet?
Who invented the mobile phone or computer you are using to bask in your ignorance?
Who invented the aeroplane?
Who invented automobile?
Who invented ship, boats?
who invented Radio, TV?
Who invented formal education?
Who invented gun, bombs?
Who invented industrial machines and industrial revolution?
Who invented fan, airconditioners, electric iron?

Who invented medical equipments and medications saving your lives?

I am tired of typing, enjoy your foolery

How could blacks invent all those things while they were under slavery, colonialism or apartheid? Even now neo-colonialism is at play.

Our time will come but first we need to develop pride and self belief. We wont get there with a defeatist attitude like yours and your kind. What single positive thing do you gain from being a white worshipper and afro-pessimist 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tell me.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
jamesversion:

I'm thinking of buying a big property in Sandton. I guess there are lots of white chicks there.

Start at Royal Bafokeng.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by jamesversion: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
TMKsouth:

Start at Royal Bafokeng.

I don't have time for black SAfrican girls, I want white women. I need to stay in areas populated by whites.

2 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by franchasofficia: 5:33pm On Oct 23, 2023
TMKsouth:

How could blacks invent all those things while they were under slavery, colonialism or apartheid? Even now neo-colonialism is at play.

Our time will come but first we need to develop pride and self belief. We wont get there with a defeatist attitude like yours and your kind. What single positive thing do you gain from being a white worshipper and afro-pessimist 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tell me.
What were your forefathers doing when another race came and enslaved them?

Every other race in the world recognized White Caucasians as the superior race hence they are copying them to be like them, while the black race is busy measuring prick with White race and be complaining of slave trade that happened several decades ago.

The number one problem of the black race is self delusion or let me say self deceit.

If they dribble you for football pitch, you give way so they can dribble others, na so life be

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by Mrtaye: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
This one don commot for drone ooo na aircraft be this ......drons are not expected to be this big
Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
jamesversion:

I don't have time for black SAfrican girls, I want white women. I need to stay in areas populated by whites.

I understand your desperation, clearly Nigeria has no place that comes even close to Sandton despite massive oil wealth 😢😢😢

Here are some super fine places in Royal Bafokeng where u can find the King's white subjects - definitely finer than anything in Nigeria but still a black area.

5 Likes

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by BigYash: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2023
We are the giant of africa,don turn dwarf of Africa, cux of bad leaders

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
What were your forefathers doing when another race came and enslaved them?

Every other race in the world recognized White Caucasians as the superior race hence they are copying them to be like them, while the black race is busy measuring prick with White race and be complaining of slave trade that happened several decades ago.

The number one problem of the black race is self delusion or let me say self deceit.

If they dribble you for football pitch, you give way so they can dribble others, na so life be

Everyone in the world has been under some form of colonisation, even the whites themselves. Asia is the next superpower and Africa will have its turn too if only it can hang all white worshippers because they contribute negatively to the psyche of the black nation and will sellout again like during the slave trade.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Unveils Largest Defence Drone Built In Africa (PICS) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
naija youth did generator that runs on water, and up till now nobody for naija dey talk about this guy,including socalled busybody press people, both people in govt. and outside govt.
There is no doubt that some so-called elite don't want people to stop paying for fuelling generators angry
IF NA CHINA THIS GUY WILL BE A BILLIONAIRE,THEY WILL PATENT HIS TECH AND PAY HIM OFF AND MASS PRODUCE THIS WATER GENERATOR.
the rich no want the poor to breathe in this country from economic point, they keep suppressing them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZHSehpvbs

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Canadian PM Trudeau High On Cocaine, Plane Loaded With Drugs - Vohra / How Did Israeli Intelligence Fail To Stop Major Attack From Gaza? / China Flies 19 Nuke Bombers and Fighter Jets Into Taiwan Air Space (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.