Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92341 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 1:50am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i have job that pay me 800 pounds.. from Nigeria. i have my dependant.
my thoughts was that i can pay my fees from that and use my 20 hours pay rent then anything my dependant bring will be surplus.

yes school collects fees like that.. for a start... maybe if things stay okay in next year u pay in bulk... just to calm them down

i understand that Nigerians dont like any negative stories about abroad.
that was what i and my flatmate who sold his cars and house was saying this evening.
that returning to Nigeria now.. that Nigerians will say he is lazy that he rather die here.

i am putting this here for those who thought that they can navigate their way if they come here and they can see job in weeks. its a lie... 3 months don't be surprised nothing. i mean even the care job where they pack shit from old people. the places don full

God abeg!!!! embarassed

OP, I applaud your honesty tho. To be honest, N35 million to N40 million is quite a lot to raise without selling properties and assets. E no better I use am raise goats inside Ikot Ekpene? shocked

Good luck to everyone involved.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 1:53am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i have been making contact. [b]most agency even asking for more money like 200 pounds[/b]etc.

Recruitment agencies request money from applicants before referring them to jobs? shocked

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 1:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Taal17:

No need to argue
There are plenty who pay their school fees upfront. Schools take installments too. You on the other didn't pay anything at ALL that's the issue.
More people are struggling with paying living expenses and second installment of school fees.
You sef no say you no try rara

Spend your energy on finding how to eat, bills increase as it gets colder

The question is: what is the percentage of Nigerians who pay complete fees upfront? That is what we should consider. If out of 10 Nigerians heading to the UK via study visa, only 3 paid complete fees upfront due to the high costs involved, then it means many will find it difficult to complete their fees while being students. Let's see things from his perspective. If OP is not attending an elite university and he mentions sums like 35 million, it means LSE, Imperial fit nack 60 million and Oxbridge go reach 100 million. How many Nigerians attend those schools sef?

16 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 2:02am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i won't suffer greatly. i have houses in different cities already in Nigeria. still running business bringing 1m. bur converting this money into pounds pays only rent

doing extremely well.
bought those properties by the grace of God. but disposing any more properties now? i can't.

A friend wanted to start same journey last week. but i told him honest opinion to back down.... give him detailed analysis all i have gone through.
so coming here is to warn Nigerians not to embark again... its no longer promising as before

Don't sell your properties. For no reason should you do so. I am fortunate my parents sponsored me, and nothing was sold. Rather more landed properties were bought even while I processing everything. My parents vowed never to sell anything and if it comes to that, I rather stay back. So I strongly advise, don't sell. Na by sheer hard work you buy them, no be steal you steal.

BTW, no scholarships or any sort of tuition stipend?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 2:07am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

there has nothing that has been working in Nigeria. the political class has don harm than good.
no light.... here since I came no blink of light.. First time in my life.
water running 24/7
security.. no thieves.
all road paved.. 'good road network.
transportation superb etc

but immigrant getting job is not easy

UK people are very honest... when i say honest... i meant it.

if Government does provide this things no one will leave

Honestly, regardless of one's wealth in Nigeria, experiencing that stuff was surreal for me. Living in a place where electricity does not blink and things work as planned. I can understand how you felt. I felt somehow as if these people were from outer space. How could they build such a functioning society where everything works? embarassed

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 2:14am On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.

The matter tire person tbh. When he mentioned that two Indians fled after their businesses flopped, I was shocked. Indians fit run leave Nigeria? shocked The cost of running and maintaining generators to power one's businesses can be heartbreaking. I have not even mentioned the aspect of employees' honesty and government bottlenecks.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by signature2012(m): 2:36am On Oct 26, 2023
This guy is sharing his true life story so others won't fall victim.Many of you are still blaming him.

What's the % of Nigerians that can afford to pay full Tuition before they travel for studies?

Where I currently reside, not in UK, come and see lots of International students seeking for job daily.

Sincerely, if Nigeria was just a little good, why will they come here to study?
Someone is blaming the OP why he did not invest the 13m in Nigeria.Tell me one single business that's worth investing in that Country.
Is either you are a Politician or Yahoo Yahoo to survive in Nigeria today.
Can't imagine we can sell Petrol for N600/litre😡.

Dear Op, dont give up!Dont come back!In few years time, you will come back to this thread and just laugh when things have finally turn around.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Taal17: 3:13am On Oct 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

The question is: what is the percentage of Nigerians who pay complete fees upfront? That is what we should consider. If out of 10 Nigerians heading to the UK via study visa, only 3 paid complete fees upfront due to the high costs involved, then it means many will find it difficult to complete their fees while being students. Let's see things from his perspective. If OP is not attending an elite university and he mentions sums like 35 million, it means LSE, Imperial fit nack 60 million and Oxbridge go reach 100 million. How many Nigerians attend those schools sef?
I still maintain that many pay upfront.
I already added that schools accept installments in fact they don't expect you to pay all your school fees at once You will come with one payment for school at least.

The real struggle for majority is living expenses and raising cash for the next installment.
OP arrived on student visa and didn't pay ANYTHING for school at all. He's only been here 1month plus na and he says school is on his neck. E no pay nothing for school be dat na

Would a student even do that in Nigeria ? Enter school no pay notin yet

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 3:29am On Oct 26, 2023
Taal17:

I already added that schools accept installments in fact they don't expect you to pay all your school fees at once You will come with one payment for school at least.

Completely or part payment? If completely, what is the percentage compared to the total number of students?

The real struggle for majority is living expenses and raising cash for the next installment.
OP arrived on student visa and didn't pay ANYTHING for school at all. He's only been here 1month plus na and he says school is on his neck. E no pay nothing for school be dat na

Although, I did not see where he mentioned such, but if that is the case, then he is at fault. Not even a semester of tuition paid?! OP don fvck up!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Blitzking: 3:42am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end
How much was ur flight ticket and which airline
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Blitzking: 3:49am On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

True but it's not a must to go to the UK. Well there's really no equivalent. Canada is more expensive likewise Australia grin grin. It seems as time goes on Nigeria will be the largest human prison on earth
normally nigeria na free to walk prison...but e get some areas where other prisoners dey ruthless them go kidnap or butcher u

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Karleb(m): 3:53am On Oct 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Honestly, regardless of one's wealth in Nigeria, experiencing that stuff was surreal for me. Living in a place where electricity does not blink and things work as planned. I can understand how you felt. I felt somehow as if these people were from outer space. How could they build such a functioning society where everything works? embarassed

He go be like say na heaven. embarassed embarassed

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by 1Sharon(f): 4:23am On Oct 26, 2023
Fullclub, what's your CV like? You don't need any experience to do entry level jobs, you need to show you know what the role entails.

The problem is your approach, not lack of jobs.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:04am On Oct 26, 2023
1Sharon:
Fullclub, what's your CV like? You don't need any experience to do entry level jobs, you need to show you know what the role entails.

The problem is your approach, not lack of jobs.

which entry jobs.. be specific. even sweeping, washing of plates in kitchen, washing toilet.. they ask of UK experience, probably its what the government tells them.

i am saying this... i am warning anyone coming this time..

If you don't have ur complete money please stay back. they value UK experience more than one million Nigerian experience.

when they go through your cv and u haven't worked anywhere in the UK... they will never call u.

those that came in last year . said they got jobs after few trials due to extreme shortages due to Britain exit from EU but now job are scarce thats why they are now selecting based on experience cos it cost them much to retain u.

There are Indians, Pakistani, Malaysians, chinese, Bangladesh name all those Asia countries more than the entirety of blacks...
in school u count this people 100 before u see a black man

Taal17:

OP arrived on student visa and didn't pay ANYTHING for school at all He's only been here 1month plus na and he says school is on his neck. E no pay nothing for school be dat na

do you read to understand at all? how can i not pay anything and am here? where did part of the 13m go to?.
i paid over 40% of my fees before CAS was issued.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

honesty, honesty between themselves.
their political class are honest.. the average man are honest. no one steals on the street. put ur bag on major street go n come u will see it there 90%.. if it get stolen then its immigrant that just came.

here in Nigeria no honesty. that means they steal, everyone coming in politics have mindset of stealing

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Don't sell your properties. For no reason should you do so. I am fortunate my parents sponsored me, and nothing was sold. Rather more landed properties were bought even while I processing everything. My parents vowed never to sell anything and if it comes to that, I rather stay back. So I strongly advise, don't sell. Na by sheer hard work you buy them, no be steal you steal.

BTW, no scholarships or any sort of tuition stipend?

you have wealthy parents.. u have no issues... upper class.

talking about those.. lower class that even provide for their parents and also working day n night to remove poverty from their families.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Progressivegee: 5:16am On Oct 26, 2023
Why waste your time on indeed for blue collar or menial jobs when you can just contact job agencies in your locality and get jobs almost immediately.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:22am On Oct 26, 2023
Blitzking:
How much was ur flight ticket and which airline

900+ go to wakanow

first do u have ur fees complete? do u have 12 months rent? do u have upkeep money intact?

if no... my friend... body go tell u.
it's a crime to accommodate someone in student accommodation. meaning no one will likely accommodate u.

its a crime to take in much people in. if a house stipulate 2 person, it must be respected else ur landlord will write damaging report on ur profile, which he has access to.. about u n no one will ever hear u out again, either work or house stuff

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by OboOlora(f): 5:33am On Oct 26, 2023
Go n claim benefits or join those British miscreants on High street to be selling monkey dust🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:33am On Oct 26, 2023
Progressivegee:
Why waste your time on indeed for blue collar or menial jobs when you can just contact job agencies in your locality and get jobs almost immediately.

this is not Nigerians. jobs are advertisd it's their way or law. unless u have someone who referred u.
u can't just stop person anyhow, walk into offices anyhow. they might call it harassment and get u reported to the government.

the slightest thing they have reported u.. with out u knowing.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:36am On Oct 26, 2023
OboOlora:
Go n claim benefits or join those British miscreants on High street to be selling monkey dust🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
this is a honest review... not time to throw joke.
i am trying to save those putting land, houses on sale from impending danger. u have no claim to public fund as a student its written on ur visa. when i was coming in September there house advertised for sales on WhatsApp groups n status.. i know its from people that want to japa.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by online4business: 6:11am On Oct 26, 2023
Na you scam yourself ooo.

The reason UK give visa now is your bank statement you can pay tuition and fees confortably.

You played yourself.

Why go to UK when there are other countries you could be enjoying now.

Most people don't do any research before trying to japa if you have you will not be in this mess.

Don't ever sell land house or car because you wan japa if you want don't have the funds

But most important of all if you don't have any special skill.

Imagine if this guy was a writer coder or medical professionals... The job go plenty na him go choose.

Plan before traveling to another man's land them no want hustlers for UK and USA.

But if you get skill it's a spring of opportunities.

I would personally not go to UK or USA because of their medical complex determine to put everyone on drugs.

...Their drug for life plan.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2023
michlins:
why do you guys enjoy prolonging argument?

How many people in Nigeria have 40ml in cash and assets combined. The number is less than 5%% out of that, how many are going abroad then compare this to the number of people in UK.

The simple fact is that 98% of people in UK are hoping for a job to pay school fees and the op is saying it is not worth the expense

if actually people can pay upfront then why are people not going to Germany that requires escrow account. let UK introduce an escrow system and watch the number of people going from Nigeria drop to maybe 5 per months.

in fact i have never seen a Nigerian here that paid his or her complete fee upfront.

This thread was created to warn or sound a warning to Nigerians trying to dispose properties to raise 10 to 15m but if that property they dispose can raise 35 to 45m then no problem let them come anything short of that... is a disaster waiting to happen

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 6:20am On Oct 26, 2023
online4business:
Na you scam yourself ooo.

The reason UK give visa now is your bank statement you can pay tuition and fees confortably.

You played yourself.

Why go to UK when there are other countries you could be enjoying now.

Most people don't do any research before trying to japa if you have you will not be in this mess.

Don't ever sell land house or car because you wan japa if you want don't have the funds

But most important of all if you don't have any special skill.

Imagine if this guy was a writer coder or medical professionals... The job go plenty na him go choose.

Plan before traveling to another man's land them no want hustlers for UK and USA.

But if you get skill it's a spring of opportunities.

I would personally not go to UK or USA because of their medical complex determine to put everyone on drugs.

...Their drug for life plan.

well like i said Nigerians don't welcome review that tellls how it is here in UK.

i am a data analyst, a coder, and well known writer here on nairaland with my other username.
my next flat neighbour who is a registered nurse, BSC, RN, Midwifery. have been applying for almost 2 months now. they came before me.
last week she got a place for interview where she got over 75%pass mark above everyone but they decline her saying her uk experience and inability to communicate in uk way.

I repeat if u don't have UK experience no one will call you for jobs.

i made research, asked a number of persons how they fund it. most even came in January last year with 5m.. but that was then not this year especially this year. they gave the clue, i started the process with 15 million naira... when naira nose dived, i had no option than to get extra 15m as loan with almost 2m interest.... Little did i know it like waking into a trap.

Agencies are full, its like when UK announced that they are stopping dependant stuff.. the mad rush from Chinese, Indians etc.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Huw(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

landlord are refusing to give out their houses to student.. especially to family couples.
they require you to make 6 months upfront or come with a uk guarantor
this is my observation

This is crazy for real…especially with no outside support.
Hopefully you get a Job soon.
Wishing you a successful stay in the UK.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Homeboiy: 6:44am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

hmmmm yes every job has to be through application or reference.. can you refer me to any?

even if na to pack shit i will at this point

I never go UK before

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 6:46am On Oct 26, 2023
Homeboiy:

I never go UK before

alright i thought u are here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Chingyyy878: 6:49am On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Men don't come back to Naija without a solid plan. The news I hear from Nigeria is something else. You should have gone to another country. That 13 million will pay fees and living expenses in another country and you won't be stressed.

Pls, where can I travel to with 13m without stress ?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by michlins(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

if actually people can pay upfront then why are people not going to Germany that requires escrow account. let UK introduce an escrow system and watch the number of people going from Nigeria drop to maybe 5 per months.

in fact i have never seen a Nigerian here that paid his or her complete fee upfront.

This thread was created to warn or sound a warning to Nigerians trying to dispose properties to raise 10 to 15m but if that property they dispose can raise 35 to 45m then no problem let them come anything short of that... is a disaster waiting to happen
But omo eh, spending 35m to travel abroad. Tinubu or Buhari, I will use that money to establish myself here

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by OboOlora(f): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

this is a honest review... not time to throw joke.
i am trying to save those putting land, houses on sale from impending danger. u have no claim to public fund as a student its written on ur visa. when i was coming in September there house advertised for sales on WhatsApp groups n status.. i know its from people that want to japa.

Please post those houses so some of us can buy.
Have you guys ever asked yourselves why the people born here are moving back to Nigeria and the ones born in Nigeria are desperate to travel?
Nothing de abroad but they won’t listen. They are blinded by the exchange rate, as if all the money u make will be changed to naira to be spent in Nigeria.
Poor mentality!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by BItt: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:
landlord are refusing to give out their houses to student.. especially to family couples.
they require you to make 6 months upfront or come with a uk guarantor
this is my observation

imagine paying 5m for house rent after spending all your money in nigeria.

I can even build a 5 million naira house here.
But then, you trip can be seen as a investment
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by BItt: 7:06am On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

God bless you for this transparent feedback. Deeply appreciated. I am currently in the mongroves in the hinterlands in Nigeria. Whenever i am broke, i can get tomatoes, fufu, cassava, garri all on credit with cash and plenty of kindness to go with it. Ill appreciate my bliss.
some times, it's best to aspire beyond our bellies. Don't eat through your future. Strive to live beyond Nigeria

24 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.