Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92660 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

yeah we have been going.
what i observed was the population.

you... you hardly see no Nigerians unlike Asians. in school you have to first count 50 Asians before you see a black man.

i observed that the British don't too fancy university degree so they are not much in school
In a class of 50... you will only see 6 British students ... the rest are Nigerians , indians , Pakistans etc

English people just love to drink beer and watch epl at their favourite Team stadiums

That why , in old Trafford, you hardly see a black man in the stance... they are busy working to pay sch fees ...lol

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tosinhtml: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2023
Treadway:
stories stories stories...I'm very sure you haven't walked in his exact shoes for a month, and rather than shut up, you'd instead pontificate like you are special. Fact: some will always have it easier than others not necessarily cos they are better or better prepared. It's just life. Nairaland will scream to everyone who can hear to japa like your life depends on it, and when you do and fall into some troubles, same Nairaland will say you no sharp, you no wise, you no dey hear word, you should have paid all your fees. Crap talk!

I also know someone that just moved around the time he stated, only did Amazon jobs for two weeks and got the same kind of job he was doing in Nigeria, which is the role of a hygiene manager at a flour production company. Not necessarily like he has two heads, but was just at the right place at the right time and they needed him and there was a fit. If that person was at a different location, I'm pretty sure the story would be different. This guy is literally the only contact of mine who isn't doing a dead-end boy boy job, or gaddem carework.

The OP has asked you advisors to link him to jobs if you can...he isn't asking for money. He has asked like three of you to link him to jobs in other locations sef if you can so he can work on his free days and commute back somehow during school days, una still dey speak English, cos aside the English you have nothing else to offer, except to put him down. Smh

You're very intelligent! cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Treadway: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Atk1nson:

you're not a very smart fellow by default, I will not waste time giving you a response.
lol. Dumb and Weak comeback...what is this if not a response?😝😝😝

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fredfr33zy(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Zonefree:
Noted.

So, when are you booking your next flight back to our beloved Nigeria?

The reason why most people do not come back, after all the expenses you don't expect them to come back empty-handed. The reason why people opt for the UK is because it is easy to get their visa. There are better countries like Australia.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Treadway: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2023
tosinhtml:

You're very intelligent! cheesy
no be even about intelligent my guy. Dung for brains like that Atk1nson dude irk me. Absolutely empty with nothing to offer.

In one thread, they are the ones that will say even if you need to sell your testicle to japa, it is worth it, and yet in another they are quick to put down those who heed their advise and run into some trouble down the road. If not dung for brains, how can a normal person tell another determinately that UK isn't a fit for him and he should forget about the 15m he has spent and go back to Nigeria. Who dash the monkey man banana and made him PM? 🤣🤣🤣

As for OP, i have said this in another thread, you can't dip both feet in the river and now complain of cold. You should do all you can do to stay afloat, I don't think it makes any kind of sense to turn back now. Perish that thought. Keep pushing, keep searching, keep networking offline and online. Something will def pop up, eventually.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Atk1nson:

you don't get the point.

If an employer employs someone in Nigeria, pays for their visa and accommodation, and waits some months to have them come and you are equally qualified and already in the UK with no work restriction, something is wrong with the way the person is doing his/her job search.

it seems you don't understand that Student are restricted to work for 20 hours per week.
more also our skills set might be different.

she might be in health and applied from Nigeria. thats what i advise anyone to do instead of student route.

hope u understand my point. now i am looking at doing more IT, interns then come through skills.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:11am On Oct 26, 2023
Kachidubem:

When you pay with form A , pound is not 1500 mate.

i paid with row cash... row dollars.

form a that is still laying there since February i filled it.
no one word from thr bank. about 4 banks.

i heard people used 500k upward to run that form A. before i could seek help from people who has link in bank it has ended.. unification of naira sets in

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:12am On Oct 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

The question is: what is the percentage of Nigerians who pay complete fees upfront? That is what we should consider. If out of 10 Nigerians heading to the UK via study visa, only 3 paid complete fees upfront due to the high costs involved, then it means many will find it difficult to complete their fees while being students. Let's see things from his perspective. If OP is not attending an elite university and he mentions sums like 35 million, it means LSE, Imperial fit nack 60 million and Oxbridge go reach 100 million. How many Nigerians attend those schools sef?
The funny thing is... dey attend 3rd class and wacked schools in UK... most of those wacked unis Nigerians attend in UK are even owned by indians and Pakistans

Most of those unis can't even be compared to Babcock university or convenant university on a normal day...

9 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Honestly, regardless of one's wealth in Nigeria, experiencing that stuff was surreal for me. Living in a place where electricity does not blink and things work as planned. I can understand how you felt. I felt somehow as if these people were from outer space. How could they build such a functioning society where everything works? embarassed
Even in Hungary , light doesn't blink ...
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Owolabi97(m): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2023
flokii:

That 13 million he spent to Japa to UK would have set up something tangible in Nigeria which if managed properly can grow in a space of 5-10 years into multi-million naira investment.

We have agro processing bisinesses begging for investments yet our youths keep rushing to pay UK government and their universities millions over certificate they might end up not using.. what really is wrong with Nigerians?.
Can u enlighten us more about this agro processing business

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tosinhtml: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2023
Treadway:
no be even about intelligent my guy. Dung for brains like that Atk1nson dude irk me. Absolutely empty with nothing to offer.

In one thread, they are the ones that will say even if you need to sell your testicle to japa, it is worth it, and yet in another they are quick to put down those who heed their advise and run into some trouble down the road. If not dung for brains, how can a normal person tell another determinately that UK isn't a fit for him and he should forget about the 15m he has spent and go back to Nigeria. Who dash the monkey man banana and made him PM? 🤣🤣🤣

As for OP, i have said this in another thread, you can't dip both feet in the river and now complain of cold. You should do all you can do to stay afloat, I don't think it makes any kind of sense to turn back now. Perish that thought. Keep pushing, keep searching, keep networking offline and online. Something will def pop up, eventually.

Yes, the travel issue is very relative depending on what city, what time of the year & what person you spoke to. Some had it easier when they came, it doesn't mean others are foolish. Many of the opposers on this thread maintain the opinion that students should have all their fees which goes into about 25Million naira before travelling which is unrealistic.

OP is a support job away from finding his feet, I can bet you that he will never leave that 15Million spent to return back to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tosinhtml: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i paid with row cash... row dollars.

form a that is still laying there since February i filled it.
no one word from thr bank. about 4 banks.

i heard people used 500k upward to run that form A. before i could seek help from people who has link in bank it has ended.. unification of naira sets in

Send me a PM, there are two groups on Nigerians in UK on Twitter that once you post about jobs, someone should get in touch to help you. There is no way you'd be on that group & don't get a job for 1 month.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

honesty, honesty between themselves.
their political class are honest.. the average man are honest. no one steals on the street. put ur bag on major street go n come u will see it there 90%.. if it get stolen then its immigrant that just came.

here in Nigeria no honesty. that means they steal, everyone coming in politics have mindset of stealing
Stop deceiving yourself bro... there are thieves and crooks in every part of this world ....

Go and drop your bag in peckham... or even some low areas in Liverpool.... and see if your bag will remain there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by flokii: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2023
Owolabi97:

Can u enlighten us more about this agro processing business

Na NIPC work be that.. go to NIPC website, all the informations you need are there.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2023
Treadway:

thanks sir. i will keep pushing.
i am currently on system sending application and also called in few agencies although they said i should not come in person they only accept application through their site when anything comes they will let me know
which am doing now

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2023
tosinhtml:

Send me a PM, there are two groups on Nigerians in UK on Twitter that once you post about jobs, someone should get in touch to help you. There is no way you'd be on that group & don't get a job for 1 month.

sent. thank you
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by samuelson06(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i have been applying for data analyst job,data entry .please which other one can u list.

i am running out of hope course i can't cough further money on house rent in few weeks to come

Check out the profile of people on LinkedIn doing such jobs and tweak yours same way. Don't just limit yourself to one job portal, go for more.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

cry cry cry cry cry cry
America will always be better.
Even Law abiding people without papers work in the USA. In fact the southern border is one of the weakest in the world with people flocking into the US with alacrity.
Many sheltered by Government and started up with menial jobs.
I swear down ... I was about saying same thing ... I will rather use that 15 million and travel to US with tourist or visit visa... from dere Japa mix with black Americans ... police hardly disturb for papers except you commit ...

My uncle went to USA via visit visa some years ago... today , he is well off... got married to an American citizen last year

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:33am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i just spoke with someone who sleeps in the school library. said for the past three weeks he has not sleep on the bed. or sleep laying down rather sleep on chair and have to do that after every where has been shut down at midnight
Where does he poo ?

Mehn ,things dey happen for this UK ooo... how come Nigerians are not honest enough to tell us true state of things

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tosinhtml: 11:33am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

sent. thank you

Responded.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:37am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

when did u leave Nigeria? which country?if UK was it this September?
don't use ur earlier move to compare this made rush this September.

like I said out of all i knew that came in this September.... only one got a washing of plates job i think 8 hours per week they gave her and it waz through someone she knew.. like recommendation.

and the shift no de come always.

so am not speaking just my experience. mine is fair. two people I spoke yesterday n today said nothing to even eat from yesterday to today.

I had to send some pounds to them
One thing I like about this op, is his honesty ... I swear , many Nigerians won't own up to the situations dey facing there...

Like my frnd who recently moved, at first he was always bombarding pics of himself in UK ...after a while he stopped , to even reply msgs takes time.... I need to check up on him and ask him how he's doing

Last time I saw his post on Whatsapp, he just wrote "God Abeg".... I was surprised... what are you begging God for again... you dey paradise na (UK)

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2023
Mastermindx:

Stop this madness

I came in same time with you, even without a dependent and I already have two jobs. Already thinking of dropping one because of the hours.

Get your lazy ass to work man, you’re definitely doing something wrong…. And close down this thread.

The only thing you guys know how to do is share how hard things are..
If you had gotten a job same week you arrived am very sure you won’t come here to testify... rubbish
Did you go to the UK via school route like op ?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ravensckar(m): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i have job that pay me 800 pounds.. from Nigeria. i have my dependant.
my thoughts was that i can pay my fees from that and use my 20 hours pay rent then anything my dependant bring will be surplus.

yes school collects fees like that.. for a start... maybe if things stay okay in next year u pay in bulk... just to calm them down

i understand that Nigerians dont like any negative stories about abroad.
that was what i and my flatmate who sold his cars and house was saying this evening.
that returning to Nigeria now.. that Nigerians will say he is lazy that he rather die here.

i am putting this here for those who thought that they can navigate their way if they come here and they can see job in weeks. its a lie... 3 months don't be surprised nothing. i mean even the care job where they pack shit from old people. the places don full

someone assured me that i should even sell my land.... if i come i can pay fees.... a got assurances from people then when i came they started saying different stories that i should.. keep calm. that uk is now hard
May the Almighty God bless you for this enlightment. Do not be discouraged by the naysayers, you are speaking your truth and it's well appreciated. Early this year, I was almost in the same position. My relatives in Canada were urging me to relocate with my wife and two kids. According to them, Nigeria is completely finished and will implode any time soon. I told them to give me the cost estimate of the relocation and they did. They even offered to foot 50% of the payment.

Lucky for me, I have a few friends who are abroad and I reached out to them. After much discussion, I realized that I'm better off here where I have something doing and at least doing well for myself. I jejely called my relatives back to decline the offer and to thank them for their assistance. I've said it before and I'm reiterating it, it's not always rosy abroad. All these stories of abroad being a bed of roses and land of opportunities will continue to fuel Nigerians greed. Do your due dilligence and consultations before jumping on the JAPA WAGON to avoid stories that touch. angry angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2023
Atk1nson:

I initially assumed, you just needed someone to guide you, but I realise you already have a mind that is madeup.

Personally, I dont think you have the right mind to succeed in the uk bro. I'll advise you to try elsewhere.

Even a few weeks ago, I know of a friend's sister who came on a skilled worker visa to work in a hospital, with visa and accommodation paid for by employer.

How will someone already in the uk and with the right qualification then claim no job?

This is my last comment on your thread, not worth my time
Mumu...he came via school route ... you are comparing him with someone who came via work route , fully paid by company...

You better let this honest man tell us the truth... na people like you dey mis guide others to selling dia properties to be in overhyped youkay

I'll rather go to US on a tourist visa and start engaging in streetz than to burn 15mill and go to UK via sch route aka uncertainty route

14 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by LordIsaac(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
If you ever got stranded in a First World Country, then you would appreciate the message the OP is trying to pass. No communal living there as seen in Nigeria…no one has an extra dollar to spare. Life is hard oversees! But OP, don’t worry, you have passed the message, that’s what matters. Even Jesus was almost stoned for telling the people the truth. I pray you find help.

19 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kachidubem:

Where does he poo ?

Mehn ,things dey happen for this UK ooo... how come Nigerians are not honest enough to tell us true state of things

school library is standard. they have toilet in every library... very neat and clean but no bath tube and shower.
so you can't take your bath

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

school library is standard. they have toilet in every library... very neat and clean but no bath tube and shower.
so you can't take your bath

Chai

Do the authorities know people sleep dere overnight?

Is it allowed ?

Omo, people dey go thru things o, I fit send my guy the least month end...that guy went to UK via study route hoping he would be able to pay back the people he borrowed money from in Nigeria and the same time be sending small money for his people

At the same time try and pay up his fees...with all these your story... Omo , I'm beginning to feel for him...he's not even as buoyant as you are

He's in Manchester

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kachidubem:

Chai

Do the authorities know people sleep dere overnight?

Is it allowed ?

Omo, people dey go thru things o, I fit send my guy the least month end...that guy went to UK via study route hoping he would be able to pay back the people he borrowed money from in Nigeria and the same time be sending small money for his people

At the same time try and pay up his fees...with all these your story... Omo , I'm beginning to feel for him...he's not even as buoyant as you are

He's in Manchester

they dont allow so he wait till 12 midnight when there is least monitoring.

i know someone who came in last year September, said he still owes people in Nigeria he borrowed.

see i have seen first hand experience and from people here. and i said why are our people making it look as if its bread and butter here?

Although they said last year there were jobs but the trooping in of people everywhere.. the uk authority want to increase revenue i guess.
all this supercede the job they have now.

i wont encourage anyone to take this route instead look at Australia, Germany Canada... from what i heard in Nigeria those places are cool...

but again i will say skills route is the best. stay in Nigeria and apply if you get the special skills... carpenter, wood work, plumbing, nursing, doctors, IT skills etc.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Inspirer1: 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

they dont allow so he wait till 12 midnight when there is least monitoring.

i know someone who came in last year September, said he still owes people in Nigeria he borrowed.

see i have seen first hand experience and from people here. and i said why are our people making it look as if its bread and butter here?

Although they said last year there were jobs but the trooping in of people everywhere.. the uk authority want to increase revenue i guess.
all this supercede the job they have now.

i wont encourage anyone to take this route instead look at Australia, Germany Canada... from what i heard in Nigeria those places are cool...

but again i will say skills route is the best. stay in Nigeria and apply if you get the special skills... carpenter, wood work, plumbing, nursing, doctors, IT skills etc.

You're absolutely right
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Inspirer1: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.
This is pure truth!

Let he who have eyes and brain take heed.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
What school is this?
fullclub:

if you can be paying 1k pounds or even 500 pounds... they will calm down...

the issue na to see job... if i can see job today then i will be able to raise 500 in a month

i just said let me share my thoughts on uk to Nigerians selling their houses to come..

i need no pity..

but to tell the true situation.

a lot of Nigerians are here struggling with same issues

we only want to heat the positive side but am sharing honest opinion and a' clear warning to Nigerians planing to sell properties to come here.

and those on the application process to think twice... except they have their fees plus house rent and upkeep money running into 35 million to 40 million else stay back
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by sltn(m): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

how many Nigerians can even afford full fees. we are talking between 18 to 25m. i have to sell properties to raise this sum.

after payment of fees you still need about 6m to apply for visa n health insurance and alo flight... even fact keep 35m.
that 35m will buy brand new sino truck within that 12month you wasted that huge sum dawg you would have bought like 1 extra sino truck shit. You guys dey try o.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply)

The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.