Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92332 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Thewritingnerd(f): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Thewritingnerd(f): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Erums(m): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2023
BItt:

I can even build a 5 million naira house here.
But then, you trip can be seen as a investment

Whixh kain nonsense house b dat.. Abeggi

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by seguno2: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
So in the context of the Nigerian climes where the regular man is basically powerless, your votes don’t count and you’ll be bundled up if you protest, which citizen is ALLOWING an unwanted elected official remain in office??

“Allow” would imply Nigerian citizens have the power to do an expulsion if they so please, IS THAT THE CASE IN NIGERIA?

Since you are in the abroad of overseas, why don’t you find out what works they did to reduce the power of their monarchy and increase the power of the people? The people in whom sovereignty actually resides.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by grandstar(m): 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub

If you used 5m to set up a business here , you'll at least be comfortable.

Anyway, you have no choice but to hang in there.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by seguno2: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
EPEAKS:
Russell Group.

Is this the name of a school
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Sweetvie: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hmm
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by northbird: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

if nothing comes up by November then i will give up, withdraw and return.

DON'T LOOK BACK.

It's a teething phase.. you moved to a new location. This should be expected. Don't be discouraged.. Stand up and face it.

No regrets, .. there's a lesson for you to learn in this situation.

I will suggest two things and you start immediately.

1. Look for a strong Nigerian community around your area.. don't know your religious inclination,
Your best bet is a church.. communities get info on jobs better than individuals. This is for jobs only.. groups get info disseminated better than individuals

2.. PRAY @ the same time for 7 days. on what you want SPECIFICALLY.
some might smirk at this my suggestion.especially those in developed climes..

You have a dependent most likely your husband or wife with you.
Project the image of yourself and your spouse being employed in the next few days.. see yourself in an office working.

From your explanation. You have not started a job yet . So there's time for this. 1AM-3AM . Both of you hold hands and pray specifically on that issue..
( NOt prayer of enemies or all that stuff, pray SPECIFICALLY on what you want to see in the next few days).
This is not a time to sleep overnight 9hrs daily. Prayer must not involve shouting or screaming....,you can pray in low tones but let your heart be connected ( don't pray and be thinking of the school fees, focus on the issue don't let your mind drift) and the Divine one will listen .. Engage your heart.

This is not religion bro, praying with your spouse opens new dimensions of Grace to you.

Be positive. Don't voice out anything contrary despite all glaring evidences.
Your Angels are watching and waiting on your declarations.

You will come back with good news.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Procashtips(m): 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
seguno2:

Of course.
So what percentage of Nigerians are out of the level, where our country is not serving as a prison for deprivation of elementary things

My job is not to tell you where you or anyone else belongs level wise.

As it's in Nigeria, so is it everywhere.

Hierarchy is everywhere in the world.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by seguno2: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
Procashtips:
My job is not to tell you where you or anyone else belongs level wise.

As it's in Nigeria, so is it everywhere.

Hierarchy is everywhere in the world.

cheesy grin

Thanks for your attempt at comedy.

If it is everywhere as it is in our country, then why are people from other countries not running to japa to our country?

Do you have any non comical ideas about this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by janda1: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

Thanks bro.
even tomorrow i will be sending 10 pounds to a student who said he doesn't have anything to eat.
terrible story. I just plan on returning back to start my data analysis course, doing R and completing other courses that gives me joy than the pain and anguished.

which country, please list

Austria is 750 euro per year

If you have #40,000000

You will live like a king there
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2023
How can I 13m In naija and said I want to get degree in UK ,then looking for work to meet up my upkeeping.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by janda1: 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Pls, where can I travel to with 13m without stress ?

Austria
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lungdick: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2023
EPEAKS:
Russell Group.

is russell group actually a school ?? Thought it's an organisation of 24 unis. Or, you attend one of the russell group schools?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lungdick: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
seguno2:

Is this the name of a school

me sef de wonder grin grin grin

you kukuma know nairalanders parol grin grin grin

the russell group i know is an organisation of 24 unis. How it turns out to be the name of a school de amaze me grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Procashtips(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
seguno2:

cheesy grin

Thanks for your attempt at comedy.

If it is everywhere as it is in our country, then why are people from other countries not running to japa to our country?

Do you have any non comical ideas about this

I do not expect you to see opportunities where others are seeing them because you chose negativity.

There are thousands of foreigners in Nigeria making a kill.

You know the immigration website, go and cure your ignorance there.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Bossman(m): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
They may be 3rd class universities, but than are much better and recognized than those things called university in Nigeria.
Kachidubem:

The funny thing is... dey attend 3rd class and wacked schools in UK... most of those wacked unis Nigerians attend in UK are even owned by indians and Pakistans

Most of those unis can't even be compared to Babcock university or convenant university on a normal day...
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Adolfnigeria: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2023
@fullclub
the mistake you made was going with your family.

You should have done a soft landing. one party goes the other stays - when things calm down the others come.

Nigerians get mind sha.

Since you are there, you have to slug it out. My advice is that you see a career advisor, who will screen your CV.

fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Goodman247: 3:43am On Oct 27, 2023
Lies,lies lies, he is an hired agent, he is not in UK, why discouraging people, everybody with his own life
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Adeshizzy: 4:15am On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

Manchester

Maybe you should try getting an SIA badge and start working as a security guard at shopping malls, construction sites and all.

All you need is to register with a training institute,write the exams,get your licence

You won't be out of jobs,especially now that we are approaching December, there will be lots of events in major cities 😀.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:32am On Oct 27, 2023
Adeshizzy:

Maybe you should try getting an SIA badge and start working as a security guard at shopping malls, construction sites and all.

All you need is to register with a training institute,write the exams,get your licence

You won't be out of jobs,especially now that we are approaching December, there will be lots of events in major cities 😀.
that cost over 600 pounds to get this done, i have made enquiry . you write the exam in a week or two,if you passed, you apply for licensed n wait for three to 4 weeks. thats till December we are talking about.. before u now start job hunting again not that the job is waiting.
after spending 600 previously. omoh i have like 8m to pay from now till December .

when i was going out my job hunting i saw a guy.. black and i monitored him n new he was a Nigerian so i kindly approach him and he told me about it.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:38am On Oct 27, 2023
Goodman247:
Lies,lies lies, he is an hired agent, he is not in UK, why discouraging people, everybody with his own life

i am warning everyone. i am the few saying this.
Please if u know anyone that left September just ask him or her... if he tells u the truth.

i even summoned courage to me a Nigerian yesterday again... after telling him am looking for job. if he is working he should help.

omoh he told me of his predicaments. no money to pay next rent, with kids and wife. he stays off city where he spend 10 pounds coming to school. and nothing to feed on.
i didn't know when i dipped my hands in pocket and dash him 11 pounds.

Please call anyone in Uk now and ask about job situation of new commers

thats instabule airport in Turkey. cos i flew through Turkish Airline.
Please am warning those trying to follow this step please n please try skills. leave student route

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:55am On Oct 27, 2023
Bossman:
The shit packing is more valuable than doing some good office job in Nigeria and can't save a kobo! The person packing shit abroad has a much higher purchasing power that the bank manager in Nigeria. Abd we all know how many even get to the managerial position at a bank. Most are just tellers and marketers.

yes they are paid well. 11 pounds to 12 pounds per hour. but i don apply tire. they call it care or care assistant. even oyibo de compete for the job with follow black

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2023
Taal17:

I still maintain that many pay upfront.
I already added that schools accept installments in fact they don't expect you to pay all your school fees at once You will come with one payment for school at least.

The real struggle for majority is living expenses and raising cash for the next installment.
OP arrived on student visa and didn't pay ANYTHING for school at all. He's only been here 1month plus na and he says school is on his neck. E no pay nothing for school be dat na

Would a student even do that in Nigeria ? Enter school no pay notin yet

how can school process your admission, give you admission and enrollment was done without u paying?

i know u are looking for slightest opportunity to apportioned blame.

i paid 40% of fees here in Nigeria before leaving. that way they issue you CAS.
now they are demanding for another 40% before December or on December.

those who came in last year like in my school paid just 10% but as the rush increase they made it 40%. other schools increase theirs to even 70%. just because of the rush.

no whiteman university will enroll you, give u visa without u paying between 5million to 10 million naira as first installment school fees. some will demand you pay another 30% on enrollment and pay the rest before March.

those who came last year were lucky to see job and start paying but now no job at the moment. that's why am raising the alarm for others to disembark

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 5:57am On Oct 27, 2023
janda1:

Austria

If it were that easy, many would have gone there. Check the Nairaland thread for further info. The visa process is lengthy and onerous. The saving grace is that people can know when they will be interviewed for visa issuance compared to Germany.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 6:06am On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

i am warning everyone. i am the few saying this.
Please if u know anyone that left September just ask him or her... if he tells u the truth.

No you are not one of the few saying this, for years many have been saying it, social media is full of stories like this, but still people like did not listen.

You played yourself and still giving excuses and defending yourself.

You are just one month old here and I have been here for over 10yrs and I want to give you one tip(you don’t have to take it)

Stop wasting your time here defending the indefensible. Get offline and start applying for jobs with your time.

Amazon are recruiting massively now and they have a lot of sites in Manchester. No experience needed and their shifts are guaranteed.

Again stop wasting your time here and go fight for survival.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Natural2Heal: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2023
Treadway:
you can't build a 'proper' 5m naira house in 2023. Infact that stopped being possible since like 2017.....but you can buy a house even now for 5m with some searching.

Buying has been easier and cheaper than building for a loooong time now..

Good observation. I noticed too that buying a house is most times cheaper than building a house from scratch. What could be the reason?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 6:18am On Oct 27, 2023
justwise:

No you are not one of the few saying this, for years many have been saying it, social media is full of stories like this, but still people like did not listen.

You played yourself and still giving excuses and defending yourself.

You are just one month old here and I have been here for over 10yrs and I want to give you one tip(you don’t have to take it)

Stop wasting your time here defending the indefensible. Get offline and start applying for jobs with your time.

Amazon are recruiting massively now and they have a lot of sites in Manchester. No experience needed and their shifts are guaranteed.

Again stop wasting your time here and go fight for survival.

https://www.nairaland.com/7767052/uk-student-visa-tier-4

you are the one who own and is behind this thread... you feel am attacking it. well am not.

i have already applied for amazon work in n outside where i stay and nothing yet from them. someone said i should wait till December when cold comes and maybe shifts comes
i have been up since 1am applying and day breaks 10am i am off to stroll offices asking them if they get jobs, although most refer me back to their sites.

Please in those your UK thread.. put it bold and tell them to pay their fees 100 or 90% first or this money should be available when they get there.

not paying 30/40% and hoping to start working to pay the rest.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 6:49am On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

https://www.nairaland.com/7767052/uk-student-visa-tier-4

you are the one who own and is behind this thread... you feel am attacking it. well am not.

i have already applied for amazon work in n outside where i stay and nothing yet from them. someone said i should wait till December when cold comes and maybe shifts comes
i have been up since 1am applying and day breaks 10am i am off to stroll offices asking them if they get jobs, although most refer me back to their sites.

Please in those your UK thread.. put it bold and tell them to pay their fees 100 or 90% first or this money should be available when they get there.

not paying 30/40% and hoping to start working to pay the rest.

I’m not going to put a warning message on any of those threads enough warning already over the years,people will learn the hard way.

Amazon recruitment will end probably next week, they don’t recruit in Dec.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 6:55am On Oct 27, 2023
justwise:

I’m not going to put a warning message on any of those threads enough warning already over the years,people will learn the hard way.

Amazon recruitment will end probably next week, they don’t recruit in Dec.

ok
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by jedisco(m): 7:00am On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

well i have to collect CV from those who came editing it with my info.

i know someone who got over 5 job invites within 2-3 weeks... this statement landed me here today.

I am talking of today.. not last year. this September to October.
not only me in this shoe. we have WhatsApp group where people are looking for job everywhere dry.

talk about yourself... first hand experience not others.

the house u talked about. its not like Nigeria. they require u to get a job first before they rent house to u. 80% of landlord will demand for payslip, UK landowner etc. even if u like have 12 month upfront payment once u don't have a job that covers 2 or 3 times rent they wont rent it.
i manage to get this place from a Nigerian, who had pity on my predicament.

I've been in the UK for years and every year, new entrants says similar things - there are no jobs, it's not like before e.t.c. Look closer and it's same story

Of course, the wider system and opportunities keep changing as is always the case but the unemployment rate has remained historically low.
Even in care where loads are going to, there remains lots of vacancies.

The first thing new entrants should know is that the UK does not revolve around university cities or the few towns with football clubs. There are whole counties that don't have universities. With care for example, most university cities would have a younger population and hence less care needs. 2-3hrs out, the demography changes quickly.

Regarding the experience listed, go thru my posts- I'm not for hearsay. The CV was looked thru by me. The person in question got interests even before arrival and had to dilly-dally and delay so they could arrive first. And this is as recent as can be.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by janda1: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

If it were that easy, many would have gone there. Check the Nairaland thread for further info. The visa process is lengthy and onerous. The saving grace is that people can know when they will be interviewed for visa issuance compared to Germany.

The only stress part is the verification and legalization

If you have money, it won't be difficult for you

Its just for you to take plane and go and come and look for a good hotel to relax and enjoy your stay at Abuja

The stress part is traveling through bus, you will get stressed

The country is cheap... All the money you will spend can't reach up to 3m apart from legalization fee and you will still have up to 25m to take to Austria to enjoy your stay over there like a king

I wish I have money to run the place...

The country is still new and the place is still unknown for people

Norway as been cast now and they have introduce school fee and it's still paining me till now

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.