Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92870 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Bostin(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2023
onatisi:

Major Naija problem . We have this bandwagon mentality that once it works for mr A then it must work for me MR B. Please this is not n insult . But people must try and be different , there are many many many wonderful countries where one will get papers within 2 / 3 years ,even passport and citizenship. And even with little cash . But it seems Nigerians are just in love with UK,Canada and USA .
Why will I use 15-20k pounds to UK when I can use 10k to relocate ,get papers ,invest and settle down fully elsewhere and even establish my own business. It isn't just about travelling but achievement.
People just need to up their research game
You're a wise man

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by flokii: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
triplo3:

Your advice is wrong as well. You don't appreciate the economic realities in Naija today. Even multinationals are leaving. So that 13million will be wasted by setting up buisness in naija as well

Multinationals that have made enough money exploiting Africa are the ones leaving.. just like P&ID, most of them don't mean well for black people.
With that 13 million the poster wasted, having nothing tangible to show for it.. he can set up multiple streams of income in food business, fish farming, poultry, cassava farming etc. and he'll make good money.
Most industries are buying cassava and other cash crops like wheat at good price for use in their industrial processes.

Ok now, he paid 13 million just to enter UK.. no job, no investment to bring returns, nothing.
In the end he'll likely get offer to be cleaning shlt of sick Oyibo parents.. Na life be that one?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by triplo3: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
flokii:

Multinationals that have made enough money exploiting Africa are the ones leaving.. just like P&ID, most of them don't mean well for black people.
With that 13 million the poster wasted, having nothing tangible to show for it.. he can set up multiple streams of income in food business, fish farming, poultry, cassava farming etc. and he'll make good money.
Most industries are buying cassava and other cash crops like wheat at good price for use in their industrial processes.

Ok now, he paid 13 million just to enter UK.. no job, no investment to bring returns, nothing.
In the end he'll likely get offer to be cleaning shlt of sick Oyibo parents.. Na life be that one?

I’m not saying the OP made right decision to japa, I’m saying you’re equally wrong if you don’t know that money will be wasted in todays Nigeria. But okay, use your own 13m and invest in Nigeria, I wish you luck!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by onatisi(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2023
flokii:

Travelling is good,infact very very good BUT TRAVELLING TO HUSTLE IS NOT FOR EVERY ONE . One can travel to hustle if one isn't making any tangible headway in Nigeria ,no progress ,then it is advisable for one to try his or her luck elsewhere. But if God has helped you to work save 15m naira , have property or a stable business ,then dumping all that to travel to start hustling makes no sense.
People sell their properties, and use all their life savings to travel , just to go and hustle to start buying all those properties again and start working to achieve the level of success they had before traveling

13 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by MrNovo: 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

You got the visa because you presented bank statement showing that you have all your school fees and maintenance money.

So where is that money?
Na waa o.
Oga did you consider the constantly depreciating Naira before asking the bolded question ❓
You have N30m (say £30k at N1000/£) today and all your costs are covered, plans in top shape, then you wake up the next day to N1500/£ and your N30m is now £20k. £10k just vanished and that answers your question of where is that money!!

I know the implied question you are asking fullclub, but everything shouldn't be about fronting blames, afterall last year and before people did that and they were fine getting to the UK because they didn't face the some of the developing harsh conditions the Op is reporting

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
MrNovo:

Na waa o.
Oga did you consider the constantly depreciating Naira before asking the bolded question ❓
You have N30m (say £30k at N1000/£) today and all your costs are covered, plans in top shape, then you wake up the next day to N1500/£ and your N30m is now £20k. £10k just vanished and that answers your question of where is that money!!

I know the implied question you are asking fullclub, but everything shouldn't be about fronting blames, afterall last year and before people did that and they were fine getting to the UK because they didn't face the some of the developing harsh conditions the Op is reporting

Yes i did. The op played himself.

Lets be honest with people and stop giving excuses when you get things screwed up.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Entertainment visa, based on recognition.....

If the visa officer Google's your name, would anything come up .........😂

If Zazu Nigeria is Googled, would anything come up ........

That's the difference...,...
If they google bobrisky name ..... hmmmm

If they google verydarkman name .... hmmmm

If they very google blessing CEO ..... hmmmm

If they google ZAZU signee "young duu"... hmmm

So , you telling me na by Google ,that means lots of nonsense people will be getting visa.easily
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by oshocall: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
Stop discouraging people noting good is easy to get at the beginning,

I Nigeria not immediately you graduated from school you got a job . Life is a process allow the process to have its way . I have been in the UK for about a year now the first 3 muts wasn't easy but in 6 muts I got all what I sold to came here including paying school fees.

Guy money dey dis town na impatient dey worry us. Relax work go come and u go make am brother. Abroad no dey full

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by nwauwa(m): 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kachidubem:

You dont understand...even an upcoming musician with just ONE song in this music industry can travel overseas with ease...even speed darlington travels abroad...lol

Even musicians that aren't popular... I dont think it a matter of status... so musicians are not even well known but dey can ball out anytime dey like

The fact , portable can wake up one morning and decides he wants to go the UK tomorrow is mind blowing... I'm happy for him thou...love when nigas from streets rise
Speedy na US citizen, his parents were big time musicians back in the days

For Zazu and co, entertainment visa mostly sponsored and arranged by show promoter

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2023
nwauwa:
Speedy na US citizen, his parents were big time musicians back in the days

For Zazu and co, entertainment visa mostly sponsored and arranged by show promoter
Oh nice...Omo speedy is lucky o!

Never knew ,he was an American citizen.
Damn...lucky lad...blue passport tins...that guy doesn't even dig America like that... always wasting his time and doing nonsense in Lagos ...lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by pooozeee(m): 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
The 1st thing you should do when you arrive at the uk.
1. Get a sim card because without a uk mobile number, you can not open a bank account, you can not register to get uk NIN. Follow the link below to get your best sim card http://aklam.io/zzn1ws
2. Register to get your uk NI
3. ONCE you have your NI, then you can open a bank account and start searching for jobs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kachidubem:

If they google bobrisky name ..... hmmmm

If they google verydarkman name .... hmmmm

If they very google blessing CEO ..... hmmmm

If they google ZAZU signee "young duu"... hmmm

So , you telling me na by Google ,that means lots of nonsense people will be getting visa.easily

I have not said that....... My response was based on the question about ZAZU........

Every visa application is based on an individualistic basis....... You submit your application, and it's dealt with on what you have submitted and reasons for application........

You know, bobrisky was granted a UK visa, but was cancelled because his visa and what he intended to do, did not match.......

Blessing CEO can also apply for any visa, she would simply need to proof herself.... If visa officer is happy with what they see, they could accept or reject.........

But if a 21 year old jobless youth applies for a visa, no ties to Nigeria, financial documents not substantive, no traces etc etc...... Would his visa be granted...... You know the answer....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I have not said that....... My response was based on the question about ZAZU........

Every visa application is based on an individualistic basis....... You submit your application, and it's dealt with on what you have submitted and reasons for application........
Someone answered it correctly already anyways.

It mostly the show promoters that arrange and sponspor dia visas for them.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by FoggedBrain: 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Mastermindx:

Stop this madness

I came in same time with you, even without a dependent and I already have two jobs. Already thinking of dropping one because of the hours.

Get your lazy ass to work man, you’re definitely doing something wrong…. And close down this thread.

The only thing you guys know how to do is share how hard things are..
If you had gotten a job same week you arrived am very sure you won’t come here to testify... rubbish

How far. I'll need more info about this. Help a brother out. I'll mail you so we can talk further.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You know, bobrisky was granted a UK visa, but was cancelled because his visa and what he intended to do, did not match.......

Blessing CEO can also apply for any visa, she would simply need to proof herself.... If visa officer is happy with what they see, they could accept or reject.........

But if a 21 year old jobless youth applies for a visa, no ties to Nigeria, financial documents not substantive, no traces etc etc...... Would his visa be granted...... You know the answer....
I meant James brown radar not bob risky... James brown has been to the UK several times.

I think they all have someone who sponsors them...so for example ... if young duu wants to travel to the UK, it easy for olamide to have someone (a show promoter) in UK to just sponspor young duu without all these unnecessary stress.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
oshocall:
Stop discouraging people noting good is easy to get at the beginning,

I Nigeria not immediately you graduated from school you got a job . Life is a process allow the process to have its way . I have been in the UK for about a year now the first 3 muts wasn't easy but in 6 muts I got all what I sold to came here including paying school fees.

Guy money dey dis town na impatient dey worry us. Relax work go come and u go make am brother. Abroad no dey full
When did you arrive UK ?

This year or last year or some years back ?

Op is saying ...for now ...this new set ,it a bit difficult
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Icesnow(f): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
onatisi:

Major Naija problem . We have this bandwagon mentality that once it works for mr A then it must work for me MR B. Please this is not n insult . But people must try and be different , there are many many many wonderful countries where one will get papers within 2 / 3 years ,even passport and citizenship. And even with little cash . But it seems Nigerians are just in love with UK,Canada and USA .
Why will I use 15-20k pounds to UK when I can use 10k to relocate ,get papers ,invest and settle down fully elsewhere and even establish my own business. It isn't just about travelling but achievement.
People just need to up their research game
where will u get papers in 2 - 3 years with just 10k?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Welcomme: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
fullclub:

even at that i came with a dependent.. even dependant no work
I guess you are in a city with no job. We came in just two weeks ago, my wife who is the dependant has already started a job. 40 hours per week. £10.70 per hour. She got one better than that but our N.I is not out and they asked her to reach back to them when her N.I is out. Myself, I got a job last week but the employer asked for my term letter which wasn't out too, by then. But I collected it last week Friday and I am pretty sure to start the job this week.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Welcomme: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
fullclub:

even at that i came with a dependent.. even dependant no work
I guess you are in a city with no job. We came in just two weeks ago, my wife who is the dependant has already started a job. 40 hours per week. £10.70 per hour. She got one better than that but our N.I is not out and they asked her to reach back to them when her N.I is out. Myself, I got a job last week but the employer asked for my term letter which wasn't out too, by then. But I collected it last week Friday and I am pretty sure to start the job this week.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lexusgs430: 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kachidubem:

I meant James brown radar not bob risky... James brown has been to the UK several times.

I think they all have someone who sponsors them...so for example ... if young duu wants to travel to the UK, it easy for olamide to have someone (a show promoter) in UK to just sponspor young duu without all these unnecessary stress.

Exactly....... Entertainment visa, is leveraged on promoter's and managers..... And very easy to obtain based on recognition and exposure....... Don't forget, they would pay taxes on proceeds obtained....... owo Ni koko ......😜

James Brown came in with student Visa....... Probably the easiest type of Visa (money for hand) .......
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Welcomme: 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
fullclub:

honestly. you can mention Australia, Canada but UK through student route ... for now no. unless you have 40m at hand
Canada is worse bro. UK has more jobs for students than Canada. Oga if you are the dependant, leave North east England. Go to cities with jobs. Most of my course mates in my campus, their dependants have gotten a job. We all entered this September.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Welcomme: 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
fullclub:

well like i said Nigerians don't welcome review that tellls how it is here in UK.

i am a data analyst, a coder, and well known writer here on nairaland with my other username.
my next flat neighbour who is a registered nurse, BSC, RN, Midwifery. have been applying for almost 2 months now. they came before me.
last week she got a place for interview where she got over 75%pass mark above everyone but they decline her saying her uk experience and inability to communicate in uk way.

I repeat if u don't have UK experience no one will call you for jobs.

i made research, asked a number of persons how they fund it. most even came in January last year with 5m.. but that was then not this year especially this year. they gave the clue, i started the process with 15 million naira... when naira nose dived, i had no option than to get extra 15m as loan with almost 2m interest.... Little did i know it like waking into a trap.

Agencies are full, its like when UK announced that they are stopping dependant stuff.. the mad rush from Chinese, Indians etc.
Nobody will even offer that your neighbour a nursing or midwifery job without a pin. Which means she must first pay 140£ for an eligibility pin, do verification, write IELTS, write NIMC CBT exams, pass all these then get her UK licence PIn, then apply for a job, then do her OSCE. She won't even spend 2 weeks before getting a job. Who will employ her with her Nigerian license? Even a Nigerian hospital is not allowed to employ a UK graduate of nursing in any Nigerian hospital without first writing exams to obtain Nigeria license. Tell your neighbour to do all these and see how jobs will be rushing her. Nursing is a job that is almost guaranteed in this UK.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lexusgs430: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kachidubem:

Someone answered it correctly already anyways.

It mostly the show promoters that arrange and sponspor dia visas for them.

Do you think Adekunle Gold, Timaya, Wizkid etc etc, would require a promoter/sponsor......

Their label simply fills an application........ Submits all UK financials + other documents etc etc ...... Visa would be granted shapally
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Welcomme: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
Maxxim:

His reply will still be the same
He is not ready. We came in two weeks ago and my wife who is the dependant got a 40 Hours job per week with an agency.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lexusgs430: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
Welcomme:
Nobody will even offer that your neighbour a nursing or midwifery job without a pin. Which means she must first pay 140£ for an eligibility pin, do verification, write IELTS, write NIMC CBT exams, pass all these then get her UK licence PIn, then apply for a job, then do her OSCE. She won't even spend 2 weeks before getting a job. Who will employ her with her Nigerian license? Even a Nigerian hospital is not allowed to employ a UK graduate of nursing in any Nigerian hospital without first writing exams to obtain Nigeria license. Tell your neighbour to do all these and see how jobs will be rushing her. Nursing is a job that is almost guaranteed in this UK.

She clearly not passed her husky, if she is not fully UK compliant.... Nobody would employ her (regardless of her 9ja experience).......
If she passes her husky, she would get a job within 2 hours......😜😁

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Welcomme: 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

She clearly not passed her husky, if she is not fully UK compliant.... Nobody would employ her (regardless of her 9ja experience).......
If she passes her husky, she would get a job within 2 hours......😜😁
From his write up, that lady came in as dependant and just want to start practicing Nursing with her Nigeria license. Who does that? A UK licenced nurse or midwife with a pin can't stay 2 months without a job in the UK. You will surely get one band 4 or 5 job. On the nursing part, the guy is lying. Concerning the job hunting aspect for students, he is probably based in the north east (Middlesbrough to be precised) no jobs around that area. He should move to London or Manchester and see if he won't get a job so far he is ready to work

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Nanorest: 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
Can you relocate for instant job? I will just give you the number and you start work straight away. The only thing you need to pass is if you can lift something up to 30kg. If you can't, that means you are looking for soft work which you will not see. But one thing mostly is that those who have made it should go back home and set up a business so that it will go back to COVID era when people where begging you to come work for them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Do you think Adekunle Gold, Timaya, Wizkid etc etc, would require a promoter/sponsor......

Their label simply fills an application........ Submits all UK financials + other documents etc etc ...... Visa would be granted shapally
All these artistes you mentioned are big names ... I'm talking of up and coming acts like ZAZU dem.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Exactly....... Entertainment visa, is leveraged on promoter's and managers..... And very easy to obtain based on recognition and exposure....... Don't forget, they would pay taxes on proceeds obtained....... owo Ni koko ......😜

James Brown came in with student Visa....... Probably the easiest type of Visa (money for hand) .......
James didnt go student visa coz after some weeks,he came back to nigeria to attend functions

He probably went via someone sponsoring him...
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lexusgs430: 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kachidubem:

James didnt go student visa coz after some weeks,he came back to nigeria to attend functions

He probably went via someone sponsoring him...

A student is allowed to come and go nah ....... 😁

Student visa, does not ban you from travelling.....😜
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Progressivegee: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
Welcomme:

If she has done her CBT and IRLTS in Nigeria, she can work as a Band 3 Nurse or Nursing assistant in a care home or NHS. With time she can do her OSCE and get her PIN
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

A student is allowed to come and go nah ....... 😁

Student visa, does not ban you from travelling.....😜
Can student visa allow you travel back to nigeria for 1 month... so the UK university will allow you miss classes for one month plus ...de y play grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply)

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.