Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92283 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Treadway: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2023
Natural2Heal:

Good observation. I noticed too that buying a house is most times cheaper than building a house from scratch. What could be the reason?
I already explained that earlier in the thread. Here...

Treadway:
inflation that has affected the cost of labour, building materials etc. As a rule of thumb, most people who put houses up for sale usu do so from a dire need of money. Cash is king and whomever has it has great leverage. Lands on the other hand are usu mostly sold out of convenience, meaning someone may want to sell a land and hold out for even two years until they get close to the kind of deal they want, but when people put houses up for sale (and I'm not talking about developers or the wealthy) they usually can't hold out for very long. A 3-bed house that is ten years old was likely built for less than 5m and the owner knows that. Whatever would befall the owner and he resorts to putting that house for sale, be rest assured he would be willing to sell close to the amount he spent building it, depending on the direness of his/her situation.

Long story short, most times when houses are put up for sale it is usu for dire financial reasons and so the person is not in a strong position to negotiate a great deal. The other party with money is, and compared to the cost of buying land and building from scratch at the prevailing costs and rates, buying has been shown to be far far cheaper, up to 50-100% cheaper depending on the specifics of the deal.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
What school is this? Your school is so nice oh.

Which university under the Russell group of schools will allow a foreign student to enrol without paying tuition fees? And not disturb the student? I find that very odd, considering the prestige of those schools and the demand for their programs.

cc: EPEAKS

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2023
janda1:

The only stress part is the verification and legalization

If you have money, it won't be difficult for you

Its just for you to take plane and go and come and look for a good hotel to relax and enjoy your stay at Abuja

The stress part is traveling through bus, you will get stressed

Norway as been cast now and they have introduce school fee and it's still paining me till now

I do agree with you. After all, people are interested in Germany. A highly skilled person can try there. But this one I am seeing ten years enroute naturalisation, e get as be for me.

But people's mileage might vary.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2023
Bossman:
The shit packing is more valuable than doing some good office job in Nigeria and can't save a kobo! The person packing shit abroad has a much higher purchasing power that the bank manager in Nigeria. Abd we all know how many even get to the managerial position at a bank. Most are just tellers and marketers.

Please, let's be mindful of what we put on the Internet. A care worker in the UK can never have a higher purchasing power than a bank manager in Nigeria. It is not just possible. In fact, it is a classic case of apples to oranges. You compare a care worker in the UK to a care worker in Nigeria NOT a care worker in the UK to a bank manager.

Poor comparison. Also, there is something called PPP in economics. On that very note, a bank manager is better placed than a care worker in the UK.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2023
Bossman:
They may be 3rd class universities, but than are much better and recognized than those things called university in Nigeria.

It a lie... tell me which school in Nigeria that the school fees is 7 million naira ... you go to cheap schs in naija , sometimes free education like (IMSU under rochas) and you complain ...

Convenant university in Nigeria is far better than lots of those mushroom 3rd class universities in the UK owned by indians and Pakistans...don't argue this.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by felixzo1(m): 8:35am On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

i have job that pay me 800 pounds.. from Nigeria. i have my dependant.
my thoughts was that i can pay my fees from that and use my 20 hours pay rent then anything my dependant bring will be surplus.

yes school collects fees like that.. for a start... maybe if things stay okay in next year u pay in bulk... just to calm them down

i understand that Nigerians dont like any negative stories about abroad.
that was what i and my flatmate who sold his cars and house was saying this evening.
that returning to Nigeria now.. that Nigerians will say he is lazy that he rather die here.

i am putting this here for those who thought that they can navigate their way if they come here and they can see job in weeks. its a lie... 3 months don't be surprised nothing. i mean even the care job where they pack shit from old people. the places don full

someone assured me that i should even sell my land.... if i come i can pay fees.... a got assurances from people then when i came they started saying different stories that i should.. keep calm. that uk is now hard
poor planing and desperation got you to this. unrealistic expectations,

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2023
Portable (ZAZU) has been to ...

London
Italy
Paris
Dubai
Berlin
Netherlands ...

All these countries and places with ease grin grin grin.. this is someone that doesn't have a bsc to his name ...yet , to get common visit visa for some dey hard pass wetin I no no...

Which kind visa all these low level musicians dey use travel abroad with ease... like even a musician with just one song and no album can travel abroad with ease... is there something I don't understand about this visa tin.

Must man use study route to go abroad and cough out 13 million naira ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by emperor4love(m): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2023
juman:
Care job here.
A friend showed me his salary for that month.
About five thousand euros.
With very hard work o.
which country

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tosinhtml: 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

if nothing comes up by November then i will give up, withdraw and return.

LMAOOO. Pounds is currently 1500, if you go back peren! Na die be that grin
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Chingyyy878: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kachidubem:

London
Italy
Paris
Dubai
Berlin
Netherlands ...

All these countries and places with ease grin grin grin.. this is someone that doesn't have a bsc to
his name ...yet , to get common visit visa for some dey hard pass wetin I no no...

Which kind visa all these low level musicians dey use travel abroad with ease... like even a musician with just one song and no album can travel abroad with ease... is there something I don't understand about this visa tin.

I noticed too, I still dey wonder how them they do am.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Akwukalia: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

even at that i came with a dependent.. even dependant no work
Na wa o.
My friend who relocated to the UK earlier this month got a job the following week, he's into tech though.
Mind you , he is a dependent to his M.Sc wife.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lastkingsman: 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You just entered one month and already complaining. Keep calm. It takes time to get jobs in a new country. It took a friend 8 months to get a job in the US and that's a country with jobs flowing everywhere.

I don't understand. 8 months how? Did he go on student visa?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
lastkingsman:

I don't understand. 8 months how? Did he go on student visa?

Yes
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Asin ehn... I just believe, there's a way around this visa thing most of us don't really know ...

It easy for some peeps , it extremely difficult for some peeps...smh

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lungdick: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kachidubem:

Chingyyy878:

[quote author=Kachidubem post=126652040][/quote]

It's very easy for people like them because of their status and that they have somethin that tie them home.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ednut1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kachidubem:

London
Italy
Paris
Dubai
Berlin
Netherlands ...

All these countries and places with ease grin grin grin.. this is someone that doesn't have a bsc to his name ...yet , to get common visit visa for some dey hard pass wetin I no no...

they deny some of them o. Especially their band members. They know portable will return home after the show. If he can command a certain amount as performance fee they know he is not hungry.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
Lungdick:

It's very easy for people like them because of their status and that they have somethin that tie them home.

You dont understand...even an upcoming musician with just ONE song in this music industry can travel overseas with ease...even speed darlington travels abroad...lol

Even musicians that aren't popular... I dont think it a matter of status... so musicians are not even well known but dey can ball out anytime dey like

The fact , portable can wake up one morning and decides he wants to go the UK tomorrow is mind blowing... I'm happy for him thou...love when nigas from streets rise

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Kachidubem: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
ednut1:
they deny some of them o. Especially their band members. They know portable will return home after the show. If he can command a certain amount as performance fee they know he is not hungry.
So Are they going under skilled Work visa ?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ednut1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kachidubem:

So Are they going under skilled Work visa ?
temporary work visa
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by hustla(m): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2023
Interesting thread

grin
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by airexx: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
fullclub:

Manchester
ok. Na u find trouble
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Obagreatdatoye(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2023
Wujio:
Visit Craiglist United Kingdom. I bet you you would see more than 100 jobs. You wont get jobs on Indeed and the likes. Go to Craiglist and youll see tons of offers. I know this first hand cost i made loads if cash of this site thru the vast opportunities on it
Hmm...are you for real
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lastkingsman: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yes

Wow!

How has he been surviving? Hmmm US is expensive oh
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
lastkingsman:

Wow!

How has he been surviving? Hmmm US is expensive oh

That's why you need to carry enough when traveling. Six months to a year of living expenses
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lastkingsman: 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

That's why you need to carry enough when traveling. Six months to a year of living expenses

Well, still worth it in the long run
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Lexusgs430: 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Entertainment visa, based on recognition.....

If the visa officer Google's your name, would anything come up .........😂

If Zazu Nigeria is Googled, would anything come up ........

That's the difference...,...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Chingyyy878: 6:46am On Oct 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Entertainment visa, based on recognition.....

If the visa officer Google's your name, would anything come up .........😂

If Zazu Nigeria is Googled, would anything come up ........

That's the difference...,...

I think I understand now.
I just noticed it’s very easy for many of them to travel to many countries without stress.

I even think say them get special Nigerian passport 😄

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by onatisi(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2023
boss , it is very simple , you need 3 things in this life or let me just put it that when you are travelling you need 3 things .
the first is the caliber of people inviting you, notice that the promoters working with portable have links and connections with Nigerians residing in those countries who ARE SOLIDLY GROUNDED, not just anyone working shift. if you have anyone abroad, solidly grounded in terms of finances, and occupation, then you will have no problem getting a visa once the person can stand for you.

the second part of life is career, if you have a career path, it makes things easier for you, if you are a well-known medical doctor or popular actress, you may have no difficulty getting a visa. portable is popular in Naija

Third is cash, if you are rich with a fat bank account and you have solid investments and ties to your country then you will be given a visa . portable has lots of solid investments. if you have businesses and strong ties to your country and you can prove it, then you have no problem at getting a visa

i may be wrong though,just my opinion

Chingyyy878:

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2023
fullclub:

if nothing comes up by November then i will give up, withdraw and return.
you will suceed.you don land you don land.hope dey.keep the hustle tight.i understand all these challenges.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2023
I dont know why people spend so much to enter UK wey don full.but I knw u will suceed.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by onatisi(m): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I dont know why people spend so much to enter UK wey don full.but I knw u will suceed.
Major Naija problem . We have this bandwagon mentality that once it works for mr A then it must work for me MR B. Please this is not n insult . But people must try and be different , there are many many many wonderful countries where one will get papers within 2 / 3 years ,even passport and citizenship. And even with little cash . But it seems Nigerians are just in love with UK,Canada and USA .
Why will I use 15-20k pounds to UK when I can use 10k to relocate ,get papers ,invest and settle down fully elsewhere and even establish my own business. It isn't just about travelling but achievement.
People just need to up their research game

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by triplo3: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2023
flokii:

That 13 million he spent to Japa to UK would have set up something tangible in Nigeria which if managed properly can grow in a space of 5-10 years into multi-million naira investment.

We have agro processing bisinesses begging for investments yet our youths keep rushing to pay UK government and their universities millions over certificate they might end up not using.. what really is wrong with Nigerians?.

Your advice is wrong as well. You don't appreciate the economic realities in Naija today. Even multinationals are leaving. So that 13million will be wasted by setting up buisness in naija as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.