Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65427 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Debbieh: 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
I think the best way to save money that is not for immediate use is to change it to dollars and keep in your domiciliary account.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by phemmyfour: 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you
Always save in foreign currency. It's not wise to save in naira. Your 5M would have been 8-9M when you need next yr if it's converted to foreign currency now
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kepukepu: 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2023
LoveJesus87:
how long does it take to learn coding sir
depends on the language you want to learn.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by shantti(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
Wujio:
Buy dolar and save in your domiciliary account if you did this since you would have 4M.by now

U really the bank will give u the dollars if u ask for it?
They will rudely tell u they don't have dollars

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kepukepu: 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
LoveJesus87:
how long does it take to learn coding sir
depends on the field.

I learnt html, CSS, Javascript, react, Bootstrap and UI/UX in 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Rajosh(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2023
Go to Cotonou and board. It's cheaper from there
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by billyG(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
sukkot:
Here is my advice. You say you are a woman right ? You didn't tell us your age but am guessing mid twenties. This my advice , get that your 2 million naira, take 1.5 million and go and put it in first bank fixed deposit. Just so you don't lose it through fluctuating forex cuz trust me a world war is coming through and at the end of it the dollar would be toilet paper and western economies would collapse.

The remaining 500k, just go back home with your parents and use that 500k conservatively to chop life and beautify yourself . While looking for courses you can do for free on YouTube and while actively dating and looking for a husband

Forget that japa thing oooo unless you are ready for a life of loneliness and no husband and working like a dog till you start looking wretched . Japa is not for single women oooo lol
I just wonder female too won japa....wetin I dey talk sef Italy is for female japarians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by IbrahimSola: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
If you have 5M already, register a cooperative at where you are. Get a good lawyer. To draft documents for you.

Start loan business. Collateral must be a verifiable asset. You can accept cars as collateral, original certificates from civil servants, shops from business owners, land documents, etc.

Give your money at 10% interest rate, to be paid monthly, and to be compounded if it exceeds the month. Make friends with some soldiers and agberos.

Use the Cooperative address as the shop and Start giving out the loan.

In 10 months, your money will double or triple sef.

It is high risk and high returns. That's why you need a good lawyer to draft your documents and forms. That's why you need some soldier friends to scare some crackheads and Agberos that will handle their kinds.

You shd be saying very good prayers for me by now.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Smartguyboy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Badadvisor:

Just don't blow the funds man. Cos getting same car right now is crazily expensive.
I almost did the same thing thank God i changed my mind.
Cars are crazily expensive right now, very sad.

Car I sold 6m
Now Nigeria used is almost 10m
A friend of a friend bought 9m.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Deogratiasfx: 6:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hezzyluv:

When dollar was #750, my elder sister called me that she had 17m from her property sold, that she is looking for business idea. If I had knew that Naira would be worthless in the coming months, I would have advice her to buy dollar with the money.

So I advise u to buy dollar now not with the whole money tho.

Dollar is actually a safe haven currency. People buy it for safety. You can even use all ur money. It is safe.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 6:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kepukepu:
depends on the field.

all by urself?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by vickydevoka(m): 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kachidubem:

I don't still understand you....

You said in 2010, Nigeria UK students under student visa could build a house or make 20 miill plus up till last year...

See, lemme just ask you a simple question, how long have you been in the UK, and how many houses have you been able to build back home with your student visa ?
Just die the matter. I'm just trying to encourage you if you are young.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by vickydevoka(m): 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kepukepu:
depends on the field.

You can learn them in 2 months. But consistency makes the difference. If you leave it , it will leave you. That's y most IT guys do tutorial, they are perfecting themselves

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by vickydevoka(m): 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
IbrahimSola:
If you have 5M already, register a cooperative at where you are. Get a good lawyer. To draft documents for you.

Start loan business. Collateral must be a verifiable asset. You can accept cars as collateral, original certificates from civil servants, shops from business owners, land documents, etc.

Give your money at 10% interest rate, to be paid monthly, and to be compounded if it exceeds the month. Make friends with some soldiers and agberos.

Use the Cooperative address as the shop and Start giving out the loan.

In 10 months, your money will double or triple sef.

It is high risk and high returns. That's why you need a good lawyer to draft your documents and forms. That's why you need some soldier friends to scare some crackheads and Agberos that will handle their kinds.

You shd be saying very good prayers for me by now.
Mumu business. Only abokis de pay loan for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Badadvisor: 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Car I sold 6m
Now Nigeria used is almost 10m
A friend of a friend bought 9m.
Damn.
Keep your head up, probably try the Canada study route it seems to be a little above certain compared to other Top countries
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
sukkot:
i mean look at the type of advices you reetards are giving a young black woman ? Go to turkey, go to Georgia, go to Mexico, go to schengen and chop aduro etc etc

But you don't understand that everybody is not a hardened desperate person, some people are just band wagon jumpers who want to japa because they think abroad is heaven
Listen to that woman speak does she sound like a hardened wretch who will survive in Mexico or Turkey ?
Just listening to how she broke down the Mexico thing you can tell she is at least from a middle class home doing alright and is just someone trying to japa not out of necessity but out of trend

So basically you have to psychoanalyse people before giving out your cookie cutter advice
dont mind d joker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2023
zedegit:

Pathetic. It's even easier for blood to dupe than strangers. My blood brother duped me.
wow shocked
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hehehe...some of you make this gig work look and sound easy when it isn't. If $300/week is big money for you then you really need to recalibrate your mindset. That's a days job
in Nigeria 300 dollars is 300,000 naira so its big deal in a week

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kachidubem: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

Just die the matter. I'm just trying to encourage you if you are young.
Rest !
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Op, don't listen to this guy, I was told by a bank guy who is very familiar with FX market that this is a very bad time to do this because it's now unpredictable and risky unlike before.
it is called LATE ENTRY
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Xpol: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

There's no job there.
You see? So that’s not an option.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by airsaylongcome: 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
LoveJesus87:
in Nigeria 300 dollars is 300,000 naira so its big deal in a week

That's $7.50/hr working 8hrs a day. Translates to roughly $1200 per month. I remember advising someone against taking a job with similar pay that he was worth at least twice that and maybe more. He rushed it because it was USD. Today he is complaining that they are "cheating him". His colleagues with lesser experience are earning at least 2.5x his $7.50/hr. Is $300/week good money? I guess for some people it is

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by airsaylongcome: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
shantti:

U really the bank will give u the dollars if u ask for it?
They will rudely tell u they don't have dollars

Not true. If you have a USD domiciliary account with them, they will always pay you USD
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by kafeii123: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
5M is less than 5000 pounds.. you'll typically earn more than that in 4-5months in the UK...so I advise you to find another dependent Hussle to jump on
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by abbey621(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Does living in the US stop you from being Nigerian? Abi lizard for Naija nobi lizard for US? Fly abeg. We are not and cannot be the same. Take several seats back bro. Even in the so-called US you cannot be on my level

The point went over your head lil nigga, everything goes through my company so you wouldn't even know if you're transacting with a Nigerian or not but once again you showed your inexperience grin See what I mean when I say we're not on the same level....It's ok my boi, REST IJN!

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you

Having Capita is never a reason to start a business.

Let me tell you why this approach of someone advising you seldom works, because nobody understands you as you, your strengths, desires, weaknesses and passion. It's different if you're seeking advise on something you want to do and have done a bit of research and understand the value chain of that business but need guidance.

A business is born out of conviction having done your due diligence on the desire to venture in and it's sustained by passion and hardwork, against failures and setbacks.

First things first, fix deposit the money for 1 year, focus on your work and live off it, when the time is right you'll know what to do, most probably you'll fail the first time, so invest what you can lose.

And avoid telling people you have money and don't know what to do with it. You'll be fvcked on every level. Go and download or watch the film SHARPER.

Concerning japa, avoid that dependant thing if the person is not your relative and someone you know very well, emphasis on very well. Go on you own or stay in Nigeria and do something worthwhile with your life, that place is over hyped, I have friends there, don't believe all you see online, UK no easy if you can't fend for yourself from the get go, bills go choke you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Taal17: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

It's my cousin friend so it really not possible

Lol!!
No be Joseph brother dump him a well and sell him to slave traders
No be ppl sisters and brothers charge them for visas sponsorship in millions of naira that COST them nothing.

Please humans are humans

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Taal17: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

I didn't get the money by working, I got it as a sort of inheritance, if I was earning very very high I might stay but I just wanted to leave the country

It's your inheritance that your cousin and friend want to chop

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Alliswell73: 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
jackfj:

You are wise man!

Can 4m build a 2bed bedroom bungalow? I'm just being curious 🤔
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by kennethfranc(m): 12:16am On Oct 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:

That's $7.50/hr working 8hrs a day. Translates to roughly $1200 per month. I remember advising someone against taking a job with similar pay that he was worth at least twice that and maybe more. He rushed it because it was USD. Today he is complaining that they are "cheating him". His colleagues with lesser experience are earning at least 2.5x his $7.50/hr. Is $300/week good money? I guess for some people it is

Greetings... Please for someone willing to put in the work for like 2yrs plus, what can I do to get to this point.

I'm in my early twenties

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by dgee1(m): 1:34am On Oct 28, 2023
Boss, I like your mind! I don dey follow you. grin
Yusufisraelj:

Having Capita is never a reason to start a business.

Let me tell you why this approach of someone advising you seldom works, because nobody understands you as you, your strengths, desires, weaknesses and passion. It's different if you're seeking advise on something you want to do and have done a bit of research and understand the value chain of that business but need guidance.

A business is born out of conviction having done your due diligence on the desire to venture in and it's sustained by passion and hardwork, against failures and setbacks.

First things first, fix deposit the money for 1 year, focus on your work and live off it, when the time is right you'll know what to do, most probably you'll fail the first time, so invest what you can lose.

And avoid telling people you have money and don't know what to do with it. You'll be fvcked on every level. Go and download or watch the film SHARPER.

Concerning japa, avoid that dependant thing if the person is not your relative and someone you know very well, emphasis on very well. Go on you own or stay in Nigeria and do something worthwhile with your life, that place is over hyped, I have friends there, don't believe all you see online, UK no easy if you can't fend for yourself from the get go, bills go choke you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Cotonou, Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.