Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65445 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by jesmond3945: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Purvan:

You can go clubbing, try mexican foods, get some blessings from the blessed iguana etc.

Visit Cancun. They got clubs and bars with gorgeous Latinas that'll make your head spin. the hotel prices are pretty reasonable. You can get a nice room for like $50 a night.

But Cancun ain't the only spot worth checking out. Playa del Carmen is another hotspot, with its restaurants. And if you're feeling adventurous, you can take a trip to Tulum, which has these sick Mayan ruins.

Avoid Juarez and Sinaloa .

Delta, American Airlines, and United all fly frequently to Mexico, so you got plenty of options. Just apply online, pay a small fee, and boom! You're good to go.

But here's the thing: you gotta be careful with Latinas. They might look innocent, but they got some fierce game. They're not like nigerian girls

Don't forget to bring your dancing shoes. See you there, amigos!

what do you mean by fierce game?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Luckysbab: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha

Well you've seen the upandan movement of the dollar in the last couple of hours since you posted.

Is it fine to send a private message?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by airsaylongcome: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
abbey621:

The point went over your head lil nigga, everything goes through my company so you wouldn't even know if you're transacting with a Nigerian or not but once again you showed your inexperience grin See what I mean when I say we're not on the same level....It's ok my boi, REST IJN!

Lol! See ekpa! Point went over your bent head young blood. "goes through my company" like that is supposed to change anything. A Nigerian owned company stateside is the last company I want to freelance for. See who dey hustle freelancer for Fiverr dey run mouth that "I own my company". You aren't even doing 1099 o. Fiverr freelancer. Get on UW and hire me as as a TR then we can start talking.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
Prosperity4All:

She's cheating you.
Ask for the price of the tickets in US dollars (same airline, date and destination) you will see that the price from Cotonou is far cheaper than from Lagos. Has nothing to do with Naira to CFA exchange rate.

Even if i wanna buy it with dollars where will i get the dollars from or i should buy dollars in black market and take it to cotonu, anyway i responding to you now because i am actually in cotonu now, our currency is just bad bad bad, i just changed 40 thousand naira now and they gave me 21 thousand cfa, is a pity i can't say much
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by abbey621(m): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! See ekpa! Point went over your bent head young blood. "goes through my company" like that is supposed to change anything. A Nigerian owned company stateside is the last company I want to freelance for. See who dey hustle freelancer for Fiverr dey run mouth that "I own my company". You aren't even doing 1099 o. Fiverr freelancer. Get on UW and hire me as as a TR then we can start talking.

You're a comedian.....Read again, I'm still curious how you ignorantly believe you would know that a Nigerian is behind the company. Oh by the way, I'm also an American citizen so I'm genuinely curious to know your thought process grin grin

My guy dey talk 1099 as if I'm going to hire you directly.....You are contracted to Upwork my guy, I have no business issuing 1099 to you, CLOWN grin grin grin
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by ediko5(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2023
Wujio:

I have been dealing dollars since ten years. Naira has continually lost against dollar for ten straight years. Go and google and confirm this report

Do you advice I save the dollar in my dorm account till January?, I fear it my depreciate by January
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2023
ediko5:

Do you advice I save the dollar in my dorm account till January?, I fear it my depreciate by January

My hand no dey o. Dollar and naira values now dey no mans land
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Mysteriousworld: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2023
ediko5:

Do it till december... Even the dollar is falling.... Just that we dont know... As the Naira falls more

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by somehow: 10:23am On Nov 04, 2023
ediko5:

Rate is currently unstable, best is to wait till later in the week before buying because it's likely to fall further due to the payment of forex backlogs currently being done by the govt.

I believe the fall is artificial and can't be sustained, when they're done clearing the backlogs, the market forces would take over again since your country produces zilch.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by pansophist(m): 1:55am On Nov 05, 2023
Damn, your story made me sad.

I have been advising people here for a very long time to always save in USD, especially if you have plans to deal with the outside world. You may think you are rich in Nigeria, but to put it into context, a naira billionaire is not even a millionaire in USD.

Also, do not fly from Nigeria. Pass through the stress and go to Lome or Cotonou, you will save millions that way.

And don't ever make the mistake of depending your residency on someone who doesn't consider you his own (eg your husband, parent, siblings). You do not want your survival to be at the mercy of someone who sees you from a capitalistic lens.

And if you must start a business as some people advise, then Nigeria is not a place for that. Unless it's an online business that avoids all the devils on the ground, from government officials to epileptic power supply and envious eyes.

I still think Ecowas countries that use Cefa are better protected in this currency depreciation since cefa is pegged to the euro since 1999, so its value is stagnant. Cefa to euro will always be 655 Cefa to 1 euro.

A former church member that I know used to supply foodstuff to Nigerian restaurants in Ivory Coast and Benin Republic, he earns in Cefa and doesn't care if Niara falls. This is just a perspective to think about, I know it's not easy to earn outside Nigeria.

In any case, don't waste time in life. You must have speed. Because whether you are aware or not, time is all you have, and it will punish or reward you, depending on if you understand its workings and how to use it well.

12 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by pansophist(m): 2:00am On Nov 05, 2023
In case anyone is going to Europe and has a Schengen visa, then fly through Cotonou with Corsair. You can get a retun ticket to france for about 600 euros, or 350 euros for one way.

Then while in France, you can use Flixbus to connect to other major European cities, or book for cheap flight as low as 10 euros with airlines such as Ryanair, wizzair, or Easyjet.

Flying is not expensive, it is just expensive from Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by JhyMedex: 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
ManOfMan:

Don't buy dollar immediately. Government announced some policies in the last few days that are supposed to stabilize the forex market and eventually bring down the dollar again naira. Watch the market for a week or two. If these policies do not reverse the downward slide of the naira with this period and the dollar continues to rise, please quickly buy dollar with money. It means the government has no real solution to the fall of naira. Note one dollar is about 1290 to 1310 today
Boss your predictions just came through...
Pardon me though ...
I have never bought dollar but I intend to do that now..
Please how do I go about it..
You seem to be very knowledgeable about financial matters..
Thanks
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by JhyMedex: 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2023
7arrows:

If you save dollars in your dom account when you need it the banks will come up with policies that you cannot get your funds out. Those are the dividend of a failed state.
Boss.. pls can you explain this further...
Thank you
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by JhyMedex: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
yusman14:
How do I open a domiciliary account?
What documents do I need?
I use GTbank
Get :
1. Means of identification (driver's license, Int'l passport)
2. Utility bill (POS receipt from buying units will suffice)
3. Account opening form
4. Guarantor's form(2 persons with current accounts will sign for you, the bank they use doesn't matter)

3&4 will be given to you at the bank. You fill and return to the bank..

Just ensure your Name on the account tallies with what is on your means of identification. Otherwise get an affidavit before going back to the bank..
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by JhyMedex: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
Alphamudia:
Scholarship is a good way to leave the country. That is the route I took. I can guide you at no cost.
I'll need guidance in this too Sir.
Can I contact you directly?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by aijobsadda12: 6:21am On Nov 07, 2023
In the wake of the digital revolution and the changing landscape of the job market, the concept of working from home has gained tremendous popularity. Work From Home Job For Freshers entering the workforce, this shift brings with it a world of opportunities that were previously inaccessible. Work from home jobs for freshers not only offer flexibility but also a chance to kick-start one's career while enjoying a better work-life balance. In this article, we will explore the various work from home job options available for freshers.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Yashita: 4:05am On Dec 14, 2023
DaddyGngeess:

I don't want to say much but just to clear you abit, out of 100 Nigerians that traveled to Europe is only 1% that went with work visa, the rest is visiting visa when you get there you do as others are doing and u will succeed, i can tell you everything that is happening from down Portugal to up Luxembourg to the end of Greece this is my 26 years leaving in Europe though i am in Nigeria now

Good morning sir, I sent a mail, kindly help me check and respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.